farfan
elfmeter
McLewis
rincon
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Who will progress ?

UCL R16 : Shakthar Donetsk Vs Roma  Vote_lcap29%UCL R16 : Shakthar Donetsk Vs Roma  Vote_rcap 29% 
[ 2 ]
UCL R16 : Shakthar Donetsk Vs Roma  Vote_lcap71%UCL R16 : Shakthar Donetsk Vs Roma  Vote_rcap 71% 
[ 5 ]

Total Votes : 7

UCL R16 : Shakthar Donetsk Vs Roma  Empty UCL R16 : Shakthar Donetsk Vs Roma

Post by S Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:19 pm

UCL R16 : Shakthar Donetsk Vs Roma  DQwv1kLVAAAEaiQ?format=jpg&name=small
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

UCL R16 : Shakthar Donetsk Vs Roma  Empty Re: UCL R16 : Shakthar Donetsk Vs Roma

Post by rincon Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:47 pm

Classic Roma I would say they would choke and get eliminated after dominating the games and then getting 3 red cards like with Porto. This new look Roma probably should be confident here.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

UCL R16 : Shakthar Donetsk Vs Roma  Empty Re: UCL R16 : Shakthar Donetsk Vs Roma

Post by S Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:49 pm

New look or old look, you can't take the 'Roma' out of Roma

This is a 50-50 tie for me. From Roma's perspective this would considered an easier draw but they always find a way to fck it up somehow.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:51 pm

Yeah that's why I say "probably".

Winning the group against Chelsea and Atletico is something that the old Roma would have never done (it was only their second time ever winning a group and it was a tough one at that). I'm sure EDF, Totti, Monchi and co. like their draw.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:24 pm

Yeah a lot of Romanisti are rather pleased with this draw considering we could've gotten Madrid or Bayern. Personally, I'm content, but realistic. Shakhtar battered us last time we faced them. A lot has changed of course, but that mentality could re-surface at any moment. Beating an out of form Chelsea and a declining Atleti are papering over the cracks that I still see in this team, namely a lack of creativity outside of the starting XI and a lapses in defensive focus. Shakhtar (especially away to them) could expose that, especially with their attackers.

This is a very dangerous tie for us. We play better in general when the underdogs than we do when we're expected to get something out of a match or tie. I think that will work against us here.

That said, this will be a great acid test for just how strong EDF's mentality has taken hold on this squad. If we put together another couple of months of reasonable to good form and keep the pace with the top 3, I think that bodes well going into this tie.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:30 pm

rincon wrote:Classic Roma I would say they would choke and get eliminated after dominating the games and then getting 3 red cards like with Porto. This new look Roma probably should be confident here.
My worst nightmare. Please, please, please Roma; don't mess this up.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:09 pm

Some Roma news for the game.

After going through a terrible period they started to get back on track winning the last 3 games. They still haven't shaken off some of the problems that got them losing so many points. Dzeko is still misfiring.

Florenzi is a doubt for the game since he is sick. Under's recent form might earn him a starting spot.

They should come out with something like this:

Alisson; Kolarov, Manolas, Fazio, Peres; Strootman, De Rossi; Perotti, Nainggolan, Under; Dzeko
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:43 pm

Ugh Peres. I hope he's learned something from not playing recently. Like how to defend.

There seems to be uncertainty as to whether Under starts, which is puzzling. They may think he needs a rest. I doubt he thinks that though.

Basically, we must play the perfect game, especially defensively. Shakhtar love to press aggressively and they are very good at forcing errors in the backlines. Taison, Marlos, Fred, Bernard and Ferreyra. Srna missing is a huge boost for us though.

They haven't kept many clean sheets so an away goal is likely if we keep taking our chances like in the last few games. As long as they don't embarrass us like the last time we went there, we have a chance in the 2nd leg.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:19 pm

Marlos looks a proper player. Dangerous everytime he's on the ball.

We're very worried about Shakhtar's countering ability. Easy to tell with how tentative we've been attacking.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:28 pm

Under!!! :bow:
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by elfmeter Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:18 pm

The great Fredrico-you can call him Fred-with a great free kick, possibly aided by shaving cream, to give you that really close shave under the post.
elfmeter
elfmeter
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:40 pm

Disgusting save from Allison ffs.

Build this man a statue already.
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:51 pm

roma should win at home comfortably
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:56 am

RealGunner wrote:roma should win at home comfortably
Shocked

That's not something you associate with Roma, sadly
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by S Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:58 am

Just found out Allison's surname is Becker. Dint know that at all..

Now I understand where all his goalkeeping talent comes from
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by S Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:40 pm

I see Shakthar going through here

Roma have a happy knack of screwing up from good positions
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:50 pm

Having to come out and win might actually be a blessing for Roma, as it seemed to be with Juventus

I think they'll get it done but ultimately the two teams that advance today from either game are going to be the weakest left in the competition

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:10 pm

I have every hope Roma can rise to the occasion like Juve did. They did it against Napoli, but then again no one expected them to. I think that win actually puts even more pressure on Roma. And this club just doesn't handle pressure well. It's what separates them from Juve. I wish with every fiber in my being it wasn't that way, but it is what it is.

The game will be won or lost on the flanks though. Florenzi is going to have to have the game of his life. Shakhtar targeted him relentlessly as the weak link in the backline and they're going to do it again. Good defense and positioning on the flanks will force them into the middle where our midfielders (if Nainggolan, DDR and Strootman are on their game) should be more than a match for them.

From there, we just need the attackers to take the chances Shakhtar's backline will give them.

All well and good and I suppose a solid plan. Everyone has a plan until they get hit in the mouth though.

McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:01 pm

Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:32 pm

Not the greatest overall performance, but just enough to get though. Really rode luck today and I found that frustrating.

We have got to be the weakest team left in this comp.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:51 pm

Also - I humbly submit that Strootman's pass is the assist of the round, if not the tournament. That was a superb bit of vision from him to pick out Dzeko.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:55 pm

McLewis wrote:Also - I humbly submit that Strootman's pass is the assist of the round, if not the tournament. That was a superb bit of vision from him to pick out Dzeko.

Unbelievable pass
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:56 pm

Shakthar are a good team IMO. Better than Sevilla, good win for Roma.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by S Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:31 am

2 - Two italian teams have reached the UEFA Champions League quarter-finals for the first time since 2006/07 (in that case AC Milan won the Cup). Proud.

Serie A Proud
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by breva Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:15 am

Though they are not that important anymore, Serie A leapfrogged the Bundesliga in the coefficient earler this year and could go over the Premier League after the 5th year is thrown out for next year. The results in CL are a reflection of Serie A improving.
breva
breva
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next