McAgger
M99
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Dante
RealGunner
26 posters

Page 17 of 43 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 30 ... 43  Next

Go down

The Official Comicbook Movies Thread - Page 17 Empty Re: The Official Comicbook Movies Thread

Post by MaraVilla Wed Apr 22, 2015 6:40 pm

Ganso wrote:Thats the thing about the avengers and most Marvel movies, you watch it the first time and you think its amazing. Then you re-watch Avengers, for example, and every time you watch it you realize how meh the movie actually is Laughing. You could just fastforward to the final battle because it's the only good part of that movie.

FFS my thoughts exactly.... Tried watching avengers the 2nd time, had to turn it off. It was unbearable... Specially with the cheesy 1 liners.

MaraVilla
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

The Official Comicbook Movies Thread - Page 17 Empty Re: The Official Comicbook Movies Thread

Post by Freeza Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:57 pm

Just came back from Avengers. Really really fun. Had the same problems as most Marvel films.
It was an amazing experince fun wise, drama was lacking and villain was worse than trailers made him out to be. All the humour was great, but not a movie I'd reckon I'd watch more than once in theaters, because there was really only the action and jokes

Minor spoiler:

Huge spoilers:

I'd give it probably 3,75/4 out of 5 for me just for the pure cinema experience and entertainment.
Still doesn't reach Guardians or Cap 2 for me.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Thu Apr 23, 2015 2:31 am

Not sure it's fair to label Marvel's movies as "destruction" films given how prominently that sort of thing featured in Man of Steel.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Apr 23, 2015 3:25 am

Sony is whittling its list down and is expected to make test offers next week for the coveted role

Sony Pictures and Marvel have narrowed down their list of “Spider-Man” contenders to a select group of up-and-coming actors that includes Nat Wolff, Asa Butterfield, Tom Holland, Timothee Chalamet and Liam James, among others, TheWrap has learned.

Where Toby McGuire at
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Thu Apr 23, 2015 3:38 am

They are all 18-20. Before that there were reports they will cast only 15-16 year olds. And before that the rumor was that it is between Logan Lerman and Dylan O Brien.

I don't know what to believe any more.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Thu Apr 23, 2015 4:02 am

wtf is that garbage list. I'm a huge Lerman fan, but at this point I'd even take O'Bryan over all of those guys as well mainly because I have no effing clue who a single one of those kids are.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Thu Apr 23, 2015 4:04 am

Nat Wolff is a star in the making. I will be happy if he is cast, he is charismatic, funny and can act. My second choice after Lerman. Don't care Lerman is 22, he looks like he is 15.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:36 am

Nat Wolff is great
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Thu Apr 23, 2015 4:36 pm

Asa Butterfield rofl

pls no Laughing
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Thu Apr 23, 2015 6:30 pm

Think Asa was good in Hugo. Haven't seen him in anything else though.

Just buy Tobey Maguire the tightest razor out there and recast him in that role ffs.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Thu Apr 23, 2015 7:46 pm

3 more days till I can watch this in imax Proud
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:05 am

RealGunner wrote:DC seems to want to make all their movies in a similar tone. I didn't like watchmen at all but Snyder made the multi-casting work quite well. One of film's best aspect. I think BvS will do well in that regard. However it doesn't look like they will be changing how they present the films. They believe that's their style.

Not that I mind it. But the problem comes when they keep on making dark and gritty films and they don't work out because the only reason TDK trilogy was a hit was because Nolan made it. Other DC films won't be and that could result in a disaster. Specially if BvS fails (which I doubt).

It's funny though because Marvel attempted a dark and gritty superhero show with Daredevil and they made it better than DC did with man of steel film. The show is better than that film in every way possible and it's not even Marvel's style to do so.

This is wayyyyy off base tbh. Most of the DC movies prior to Man of Steel were standalone movies. Very unfair to bring a movie like Watchmen into this conversation. It has absolutely nothing to do with this current DCCU continuity.

The first movie in the DCCU is Man of Steel. Second is BvS. They're obviously not going to make a Flash movie for example(or even Wonder Woman) in the same tone as they'd make a Batman(vs Superman) centered movie. This movie is focusing on the destruction Superman & Zod caused and the repercussions of everything. It wouldn't work if it wasn't dark and gritty ffs. Besides, we all know this is the BEST tone for any movie that has Batman as a/the central figure. It can be tweaked for Justice League movie to accomodate other characters but certainly not here.

Even TDKR comics were dark comics. Imagine trying to change dark comic stories into more campy/happy stories just to cater to a (rightfully) Marvel biased crowd. Why sell out just to please the crowd rather than adapt what you know will work for your own characters?

When they make a dark Flash movie, then we can talk about all of this. Man of Steel, even though I didn't like the movie overall, HAD to be the way it was because it was setting up the rest of the DCCU and whatever plot lines they'd want to follow.

I think everyone needs to calm down and watch 3 or 4 movies from this DCCU before making judgments on their overall package. We've only seen ONE movie ffs.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:45 am

Rumors that Benedict Cumberbatch could appear in Iron Fist(Netflix) as Doctor Strange.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Fri Apr 24, 2015 4:54 am

Weren't there rumors that Hawkeye (Jeremy Renner) will appear on Agents Of Shield?
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Fri Apr 24, 2015 7:25 am

Ugh, there are just too many superhero movies coming out nowadays that I feel I can't get excited about any of them. Too much of basically the same stuff dressed in different costumes.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Fri Apr 24, 2015 4:44 pm

age of ultron and civil war spoiler:

Last edited by M99 on Fri Apr 24, 2015 7:25 pm; edited 2 times in total
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri Apr 24, 2015 4:50 pm

Another one that's not dying in Age of Ultron Laughing

Great spoiler ffs.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Fri Apr 24, 2015 4:51 pm

Don't call me James wrote:Another one that's not dying in Age of Ultron Laughing

Great spoiler ffs.

You know this is Marvel, anyone can die and be bought back like Agent Coulson.

Or Nick Fury.

Or Loki.

Or Bucky Barnes.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri Apr 24, 2015 5:00 pm

When was Agent Coulson brought back ffs?
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Fri Apr 24, 2015 5:09 pm

Don't call me James wrote:When was Agent Coulson brought back ffs?

Agents Of Shield hmm He's the main character
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri Apr 24, 2015 5:21 pm

Isn't Agents of Shield taking place right before the first Avengers? That's what I've always been under the impression of.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Fri Apr 24, 2015 5:46 pm

Nah takes places right after it. Might start watching in the summer.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Fri Apr 24, 2015 7:15 pm

You should have said that spoiler was an Age of Ultron spoiler ffs Neutral

Didn't read past the name but the subsequent posts have told me what's going to happen. GL ffs!
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Apr 25, 2015 2:30 am

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CDZl5FIWMAA_nl2.jpg

wtf is this
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr_Puyol Sat Apr 25, 2015 2:41 am

Looks like a joker for the tumblr generation,But I don't judge Jokers before I see the movie...Iv learned haha
Mr_Puyol
Mr_Puyol
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Sat Apr 25, 2015 3:45 am

That looks almost as terrible as Ledger did. Got to say I was shocked when I saw that picture lol. We have to see him in action because he gives a retard vibe from that pic, probably because of the teeth.

Just came back from Age of Ultron. I don't know if it was because my expectations were low, but i really liked it. It was overall really fun bar the Hulk/Natasha romance and Ultron. One of the things i hated the most about the first avengers was how Loki was such a weak villain. And here again, the only thing menacing about Ultron was his size. Thanos ,based on the easter egg we get at the start of the movie, will be just as strong as he is in the comics, which will be nice.

The fighting scenes were really satisfying and are a huge improvement. And holy shit, Vision :bow: Easily the best thing about the movie. They used him in a very clever way.

8.5/10
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 43 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 30 ... 43  Next