Donuts
Winter is Coming
CBarca
futbol
windkick
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

FC Barcelona 5 v Sevilla FC 1 | November 22 | Camp Nou - Page 2 Empty Re: FC Barcelona 5 v Sevilla FC 1 | November 22 | Camp Nou

Post by windkick Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:47 am

Bankz wrote:Where's dani?

I know.

Seems like once our "golden era" under Pep ended, a ton of band waggoners left this section. Before I swear there used to be so much more activity. Now it seems like it's only like 5-6 people that post in here. Even though I am glad the bandwaggoners left, it would be nice if we had more traffic in our section

windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

FC Barcelona 5 v Sevilla FC 1 | November 22 | Camp Nou - Page 2 Empty Re: FC Barcelona 5 v Sevilla FC 1 | November 22 | Camp Nou

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:06 am

Did you just call The Franchise a 'bandwagoner' ? Shocked Laughing
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Bankz Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:10 am

Its like we're only 5-7 people on here and its kind of saddening tbh. Sometimes match day threads aren't created until half-time. Even fussball hasn't posted here more than twice iirc. Remember when match day threads used to be 7 pages.
Bankz
Bankz
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:53 am

I haven't posted much in this thread because it was a strange game and I still don't know how to rate it. While watching it live I was actually annoyed. Rakitic failed all his diagonals, Pique and Alves let Vitolo run past them with EASE to assist the own goal (where Bravo too didn't look good), first goal was individual brilliance and I don't think Barca created much offensively, 2nd goal was down to Sevilla being scrubs (I can't see Nerman scoring a freekick header like that against elite teams tbh), 3th goal on the break, not much through possession football, Suarez looks still lost positionally (at least that's understandable and will probably be fixed with time). Think Barca only played really well offensively after the 3th goal when Sevilla's heads dropped and more space opened up. Pressing still looks chaotic at times. Tactically it looked like Alves played more conservatively and Alba had licence to go forward which I liked a lot more than Alves' crosses. This sort of pace is a real weapon:

FC Barcelona 5 v Sevilla FC 1 | November 22 | Camp Nou - Page 2 Messi%20pass%20Alba%20Sevilla

Also his one-two with Suarez where Suarez one-time-chip-passed it to him and he shot just wide. Or his winning goal the game prior. His offensive contribution is certainly more varied and useful than Alves taking the ball, looking up 3 seconds and then sending in a cross to the corner flag.

While this sounds bad it was still 5 goals, 10 shots on target and 0 shots on target received against a half decent team without any Iniesta involvement. So what do I know?

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by eelir Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:30 pm

I'm lurking around, just no time to post anything substantial Very Happy

Too busy with work and preparation for moving yet again (this time within a continent).
eelir
eelir
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:56 pm

As already known,Rakitic cant be our midfield playmaker.So who then?Neither Scruberto or Rafinha are good enough.Samper is an option but we need to start promoting him over Scruberto and Rafinha.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:58 pm

Im here, calma Laughing

I just been a bit busier and there wasnt anything important to say.

Im here more often when things go wrong.

It was really good performance in parts, we played well and im hopeful now Messi has done what he done he can play a with more tranquillity.

Some great passes from Saurez also.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:44 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:Did you just call The Franchise a 'bandwagoner' ? Shocked Laughing

No no no, lol

I worded that wrong. I meant in general it feels like there is less people posting, and our random bandwaggoners have left (or maybe they werent bandwaggoners but they left the board)

Dani is obviously not who i was talking about Smile
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by _LMG_10_ Tue Nov 25, 2014 4:57 am

Been away for a while and wanted to post my thoughts on this match.

Firstly Busquets was brilliant as already mentioned. When we have the trio of Busquets, Xavi, and Pique on the pitch at the same time, it seems we are a LOT more comfortable playing the ball out from the back and not wasting the possession with a long ball forward (like we've been doing all season).

Unfortunately, all 3 of those players have been in bad form all season, and despite Pique's ability on the ball, he is atrocious defensively. I don't think Pique should be a starter (unless Masch plays DM).

Anyway, as a result of this, there was a lots of penetration down the middle and no wing play like alex mentioned, but I fear we won't be able to play like this against the top clubs. I think we seriously need another class midfielder, as I'm unsure how long Xavi can hold up. Maybe the rest will help him and he'll surprise us. It's not like we can buy anyone anyway.

As for Rakitic, I'm not exactly impressed with him. Some of his touches are too heavy and I haven't yet seen any real playmaking from him. He hits some decent long balls but I don't think his touch and passing is good enough for a Barca midfielder. I think the Barca system constrains him and it was a bad purchase. He just doesn't have a delicate touch.

However, he brings a good goalscoring threat and can shoot from distance which may prove to be critical against certain PTB teams but overall I am still somewhat confused by this signing.

Messi was definitely subpar this match, but such is the talent of Leo that he can score hattricks when he's off. Also, he was playing on the right so naturally he was less involved in the build-up play. Maybe this is a good thing, as our midfield needs to figure out how to get the ball upfront to our forwards without Messi's help.

Overall, it was the most impressive game under Enrique but I am still not convinced. I think the team is lacking in too many areas and they win matches mostly by individual brilliance and not teamwork, though this game was a step in the right direction.

Also, I wanted to ask what you guys think about where Suarez should play.

_LMG_10_
Starlet
Starlet

http://www.eurofootballweb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Tue Nov 25, 2014 1:29 pm

I think Suarez should play central.He offers something different to Messi.He can hold the ball up well and can bring others into play,something Messi cant or wont do.Messi always comes towards the ball.So I think Suarez should play central.
Having said that,I like the way Messi and Suarez have been exchanging positions.In this game,they kept changing positions.Suarez played roughly 40 % central and 60 % out wide.I think they should keep alternating like that.Gives teams a lot more headaches.Suarez could also alternate with Neymar where Neymar goes central and Suarez left.Suarez is equally good out left so wont be a problem.
All in all I am very excited by this forward line.Three geniuses, all three all time greats.It has the potential to be the greatest forward line in history.But it all depends on Messi. He is the elephant in the room.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Tue Nov 25, 2014 2:06 pm

it should/will be(sooner) the most ferocious frontline one could imagine. but what good it will bring playing with a shaky mid like this. we should not be overwhelmed with this win or be satisfied our midfield (particularly with busquets performance) because Sevilla was not of their usual selves. I mean how many times one felt like Sevilla were really threatening us in this game. it was a pretty easy game. Thats why an aging mid or a more direct Rakitic was never been the problem in this game.

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2