Is this the strongest United team since 08/09?

+22
Red Alert
The Franchise
Glory
free_cat
halamadrid2
iftikhar
ExtremistEnigma
B-Mac
LeSwagg James
rwo power
Kick
windkick
VendettaRed07
BeautifulGame
Dutti
Great Leader Sprucenuce
RED
terrance511
DeletedUser#1
Hapless_Hans
Forza
Gil
26 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Is this the strongest United team since 08/09? Empty Is this the strongest United team since 08/09?

Post by Gil Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:16 pm

De Gea
Jones Evans Rojo
Carrick/Blind
Rafael Herrera Di Maria Shaw
Falcao Rooney

That's just incredible. Then you have the likes of van Persie, Mata, Fellaini, Smalling & Januzaj on the bench as well.

Alot of people claim they need to invest in defense due to their early results but have failed to mentioned 3 of the 5 regular starters haven't played a single minute yet. With time, it will improve. Besides, Liverpool and City proved last season that you can win games with an average defense.

I was feeling pretty upbeat after our start to the season but I see no possible way how we can possibly compete with that team especially since they replaced Moyes with LVG. Only 3/4 players in our squad (Cesc, Terry, Cahill) would get into their first team.

They're title favourites for me with the Di Maria and Falcao acquisitions and apparently they're close to Vidal as well which is even more frightening to think of.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Is this the strongest United team since 08/09? Empty Re: Is this the strongest United team since 08/09?

Post by Forza Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:21 pm

Big name individuals on paper mean nothing. Success in football is judged by what the team does on the field. I cannot say any more than that about this thread. To add anything further would just be pointless speculation on a matter which has yet to run its course. In other words, if they really are that good, we'll soon find out.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Is this the strongest United team since 08/09? Empty Re: Is this the strongest United team since 08/09?

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:23 pm

Sanogo-led Arsenal will still finish above them :bow:
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:23 pm

Agreed.

As I have just read on RedCafe, not a single Liverpool player would get into Man Utd's new line up.

Really can't see how we can compete with this side, especially with a tactical genius like LVG (Do you remember his decision to bring in Krul for PK's in WC :bow: ) in charge.

Won't be watching rest of the season out of fear.

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by terrance511 Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:30 pm

Jones Evans Rojo
dimaria herrera blind shaw
rooney falcao rvp/mata

3-3 scoreline every weeks

banana
terrance511
terrance511
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:38 pm

Gil wrote:
De Gea
Jones Evans Rojo
Carrick/Blind
Falcao Rooney

That's just incredible. Then you have the likes of van Persie, Mata, Fellaini, Smalling & Januzaj on the bench as well.

Alot of people claim they need to invest in defense due to their early results but have failed to mentioned 3 of the 5 regular starters haven't played a single minute yet. With time, it will improve. Besides, Liverpool and City proved last season that you can win games with an average defense.

I was feeling pretty upbeat after our start to the season but I see no possible way how we can possibly compete with that team especially since they replaced Moyes with LVG. Only 3/4 players in our squad (Cesc, Terry, Cahill) would get into their first team.

They're title favourites for me with the Di Maria and Falcao acquisitions and apparently they're close to Vidal as well which is even more frightening to think of.

Classic Gil jinxing, wum efforts.

Not fooling me, pal.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:40 pm

352 doesn't work in England.

When you consider that the midfield and defence is nowhere near good enough especially the defence which is crap.

I know what your agenda is though, your overrating them so when they don't meet that standard you can claim Falcao and Di Maria have failed and are overrated.

I'm not thick, they still will find it very difficult to finish top 4.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Dutti Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:42 pm

Exactly like how people are overestimating the loan fee.

When their twisted agenda got exposed they ridiculed the person who exposed it, especially when that person is an MU supporter. Laughing

Foolish.
Dutti
Dutti
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:52 pm

Their attack is ridiculously good on paper .The major issue is the severe lack of pace apart from Di Maria.So how much he suceeds will be massive for them.

In PL pace is more important than creativity.Thats why Fergie's united were so sucessful they had pace all over the team.But unlike 08/09 this attack looks very porous apart from Di Maria

Yeah their defence isnt that big an issue as is being made out.

As for de
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:54 pm

This move honestly doesn't mean anything if United doesn't sort out there defense and bring in at least 2 high quality CBs.

What good is is having Falcao, Rooney, and RVP if your defense makes midtable scrubs look like world beaters
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:58 pm

VendettaRed07 wrote:This move honestly doesn't mean anything if United doesn't sort out there defense and bring in at least 2 high quality CBs.

What good is is having Falcao, Rooney, and RVP if your defense makes midtable scrubs look like world beaters

They did keep clean sheet in their last 2 games tbh despite having a depleted defense. Their bigger issue is making the attack work in a 3-5-2 formation
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Dutti Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:00 pm

VendettaRed07 wrote:This move honestly doesn't mean anything if United doesn't sort out there defense and bring in at least 2 high quality CBs.

Defensive problems are made worse by the scrub midfielders. They expose the back line too much, not providing enough cover. The main problem is not the lack of quality in the defensive players.
Dutti
Dutti
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:03 pm

Is this the strongest thread since the similar thread created for Chelsea last month?
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:05 pm

Well their backline weaknesses is one main reason as to why their wingbacks have to sit back the majority of the game, so they end up playing more with a back 5 than a back 3 because they need to be protected, it seems. They get killed on counters whenever they start not trying to play as cautiously..Their players have trouble adjusting but l fail to see the formation working at all no matter how long they have to adjust with the CBs they have now.
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Dutti Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:10 pm

I think the lack of link-up play between the backline and the midfield stresses the backline too much. They cannot keep possession in central midfield, which is also why they keep playing wide and long ball. Because central midfield barely plays a part in MU's tactics, the backline is exposed, which is why the defenders get killed on counters like you said. If the big "hole" in midfield is plugged, defense naturally improves.
Dutti
Dutti
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:48 am

No but I think this is the strongest Gil knee jerk since 08/09.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:11 am

The perfect Ginx :bow:
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:17 am

If Utd were a human, they would be a bodybuilder who skips leg day...

But that's none of my business :coffee:
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:45 am

Gonna be a fail jinx thread imo
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtremistEnigma Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:55 am

Horribly imbalanced squad with a stubborn hipster manager.
ExtremistEnigma
ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:33 am

This sort of trolling is simply epic :bow: . Gil Thumbs up
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:35 am

DDG
Rafael-Jones-Rojo-Shaw
Hererra-Blind-Cleverley
Januzaj-Falcao-DiMaria

Bench:Roonay, RVP, Mata, Valencia, Lindegaard, Anderson, Young

Dem options off the bench ffs :bow:

Probably won't happen though as LVG will continue playing that failed 3-5-2
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:41 am

Gil wrote:
De Gea
Jones Evans Rojo
Carrick/Blind
Falcao Rooney

Is this the lineup they'll play? that seems very poor to me...
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:17 am

halamadrid2 wrote:
DDG
Rafael-Jones-Rojo-Shaw
Hererra-Blind-Cleverley
Januzaj-Falcao-DiMaria

Bench:Roonay, RVP, Mata, Valencia, Lindegaard, Anderson, Young

Dem options off the bench ffs :bow:

Probably won't happen though as LVG will continue playing that failed 3-5-2

cleverly ?? ! no way man. That bleep will be going straight in to the reserve team now. Deliberately effing up a move away. I am sure LvG will be pretty pissed off right now at him. Laughing

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:23 am

If you had a choice between Villa and Everton I know which one you'd choose. Not his fault he has got ambition. It's United's fault for not being able to agree a deal with Everton

Cleverley is in the same boat as Wilshere imo, he just needs someone to believe in him and he will start showing hus potential. I have no doubt in my mind someone like Martinez would've gotten the best out of him. United are not very good with the younger academy players and that's because they have to show their worth playing next to trash
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next