juventus101
RealGunner
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Be/\/ceCALI
Onyx
Gil
12 posters

Go down

Is this the strongest DL's ever been? Empty Is this the strongest DL's ever been?

Post by Gil Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:53 pm

Feels like every team apart from Villa, City & Spurs have strengthened this summer.

Wouldn't be surprised if the Champion finished with less than 80 points this season.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Is this the strongest DL's ever been? Empty Re: Is this the strongest DL's ever been?

Post by Onyx Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:20 pm

DL?

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Is this the strongest DL's ever been? Empty Re: Is this the strongest DL's ever been?

Post by Be/\/ceCALI Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:23 pm

^Dominant League Surprised

and, yes I think so.. it's going to be a hell of a season
Be/\/ceCALI
Be/\/ceCALI
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:14 pm

Until Simpson f*cks off out the starting eleven i refuse to get excited.

Seydoux u c*nt ! Is this the strongest DL's ever been? Emot-argh
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:15 pm

Probably the strongest I've seen in recent years.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by juventus101 Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:46 pm

You mean the EPL? If so, then yes, this is the strongest weve seen in a very long time. Arsenal strengthened bringing in Cazorla, Podolski, and Giroud, City are just as strong as last year, but with no Tevez and Balo attitude problems (yet), United strenghtened with Kagawa, Van Persie, and Vidic coming back from injury, Chelssa strenghthened with Hazard, Marin, and Oscar, among others. Newcastle is just as strong as last year, and even Liverpool strengthened, with bringing in Sahin. The only team that haz weakened is Spurs, but all they lost was Modric, who is replaceable. This is gonna be an amazing season.
juventus101
juventus101
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by djoe26 Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:00 am

Gil wrote:Feels like every team apart from Villa, City & Spurs have strengthened this summer.

Wouldn't be surprised if the Champion finished with less than 80 points this season.
Actually Spurs did buy some good players like Jan vertonghen and Sig(cant spell his name Very Happy)
djoe26
djoe26
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:05 am

well last year was a particularly weak epl year imo with a lot of teams underperforming in the league and in europe. the talent brought in should bring it back to its competitive glory. id like to see liverpool make moves for a cl spot and arsenal to challenge for the title but it is going to be especially close i think

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:22 am

If Spurs replace Modric then they will be stronger IMO.

Sigurdsson, Adebayor and Vertonghen are quality.

As for us, we have strengthened but mainly in midfield.... Anita, Amalfitano, Bigiranmana ( wont have heard of the last 2 but they do strengthen us) and Marveaux coming back from injury as well as some kids coming through who are likely to play a big part.

It's in defense where the concerns are and we should have brought a CB and RB in and the depth behind Ba and Cisse is quite poor.

If we can get a couple in before the deadline then we would have strengthened significantly but atm it's minor strengthening but strengthening none the less.

well last year was a particularly weak epl year imo with a lot of teams underperforming in the league and in europe. the talent brought in should bring it back to its competitive glory. id like to see liverpool make moves for a cl spot and arsenal to challenge for the title but it is going to be especially close i think

Really don't understand this, for example we got 65 points last season and the average for 5th place is 55 points.

Hardly due to teams underperforming, the league is more about the CL spots despite what people have you believe and the league as a whole is a strong as it ever has been.

There's more possible mid-table banana skins than there ever has been.

For example when United was winning the league every year and Arsenal were the invincibles there were never any teams like the likes of Stoke, West Brom or Swansea etc etc.

It was a very top-heavy league, now it's a lot more balanced as a whole.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:24 am

Swansea for Europe :bow:
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:15 am

when i mentioned underperforming i meant the likes of united and city getting knocked out at the group stages.

as for underperfoming in the league i think chelsea did under avb, tottenham probably could have done better as well as liverpool.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:20 am

I think it's more competitive than it's ever been, but strength is a more complex argument.

Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Dutti Sat Aug 25, 2012 6:53 am

DL = D*nkey League?
Dutti
Dutti
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:44 am

BPL is looking good again this season, I am still surprised that we've only landed Anita, we still need a CB, Fullback a midfielder and a striker.
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Chelsea

http://pose-grpp.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:08 pm

vanDEEZ wrote:when i mentioned underperforming i meant the likes of united and city getting knocked out at the group stages.

as for underperfoming in the league i think chelsea did under avb, tottenham probably could have done better as well as liverpool.

Oh you mean in Europe? oh right that's fair enough.....

Spurs if anything overachieved for majority of the season and Liverpool with the players they had didnt really underachieve IMO.

As for Chelsea thier position was down to relying on the old guard for too long.

As Milan have shown in the past you can get away with it in knockout type competitions like CL but in the marathon that's the league you suffer.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum