McAgger
Mr Nick09
Zealous
FalcaoPunch
Casciavit
88 posters

Page 4 of 33 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18 ... 33  Next

Go down

Official: James Rodriguez to Real Madrid - Page 4 Empty Re: Official: James Rodriguez to Real Madrid

Post by sportsczy Fri Jul 18, 2014 11:50 am

Spanish media have gone completely amok this year too... The amount of rubbish that's published is unusually large even for them. Feel like i'm reading tabloids, not newspapers.

With Spain NT flopping in WC, the focus has returned on Madrid in the capital... we're CL champs. All that extra attention = extra rubbish to sell papers or get clicks.

sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Official: James Rodriguez to Real Madrid - Page 4 Empty Re: Official: James Rodriguez to Real Madrid

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Jul 18, 2014 11:51 am

Barca might be forced to quiet down if the transfer ban holds up lol.

They'll go mad this summer though obviously.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan28 Fri Jul 18, 2014 11:58 am

I refuse to believe this, Perez is not stupid enough to spend so much money on a player just due to his WC performances. He knows how the often that ends backfiring. Right guys....? Guys....?
Jonathan28
Jonathan28
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Jul 18, 2014 12:02 pm

James is very good... it won't backfire. You're not buying a complete unknown here. He beat out Verratti as the best young player in Ligue 1. His WC performance just continued his momentum and then some.

It's more of a question of where he plays at Madrid...
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Jul 18, 2014 12:04 pm

Yeah i agree, James quality cannot be questioned.

Just a question of how the team dynamic works and how he fits into that.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by teamanarchy Fri Jul 18, 2014 12:49 pm

I just don't see why we're gonna mess with our winning formula...
The team was pretty unstoppable last season. Sure there were a few rough patches... but remember the streak?
There were no real weaknesses when it came to our starting XI...
It can be argued that we weren't entirely convincing in defence, but our only real shortcomings were with regards to the guys who weren't starters. Morata is already on his way out, so why don't we sign an affordable youngster to replace him (like Griezmann) and Illara and Casemiro and then just look to work some continuity into the team.
Kroos makes sense. He is a very good possession retainer and Xavi-type and will help Carlo find the appropriate balance in his 4-3-3 system, but James will not be an aid to the system and could even force Carlo to change it. Because, we know there will only be huge demands to play him if he comes and he's not gonna be replacing anybody in the BBC...

Sure, he's good. But, to quote Zinedine Zidane, "why add another gold stripe to your Rolls Royce if it means you have to take out the whole engine?"
teamanarchy
teamanarchy
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

https://www.facebook.com/#!/ks16152913

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Fri Jul 18, 2014 12:56 pm

Unstoppable? Barca and Atleti bitch slapped us in the league home and away son. Don't forget we came third in the league last season despite Barca having so many off the field problems and Atleti basically playing with only 11 players all season.

We won trophies thanks to individual moments in the end. Which is awesome but it isn't how we want to play going forward.

Whatever happens we will have a strong squad coming into next season so I'm not worried.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:34 pm

First half the season Z... we didn't move Di Maria to CM until after Khedira got hurt AND we didn't replace Isco with Khedira until late November.  Not to mention Ramos was a complete retard to start the season.  Alonso being hurt for the first 2 months didn't help lol.

Sucked so hard for the most part from Sept-Dec that is was hard to watch tbh.

When Carlo settled into a 433 with Di Maria/Alonso/Modric AND the return of Varane lite a fire under Ramos' arse, we were pretty much unstoppable.  The issue was that we had injuries + overplayed our starters since we were playing catch up.  Come the end of March, we had burned out best players out on the attack.  Defense was ok since we were rotating pretty well there.  Not so much with Di Maria and BBC.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:44 pm

Unstoppable? No I don't agree at all. We still got our asses handed to us by Barca and Atleti in the second half of the season too.

I'm not saying we were playing poorly but I'm not buying that this team is perfect as it is.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Jul 18, 2014 2:15 pm

We didn't really.  We beat Atleti in CDR semis, drew them at the Calderon in La Liga, lost to Barca 4-3 in La Liga, beat Barca in CDR final and beat Atleti in the CL Final in the 2nd half of the season.

We got our arses handed to us in the first half of the season when we lost to both Atleti and Barca in La Liga, which ended up costing us the league in the end.  Other than the Barca loss, the rest was ok to great in the second half...
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:19 pm

dont forget the manita to bayern, and 4-0 victory at the the allianz arena, probably the biggest win in footy last season.

we have something extremely good going. club should stop messing around and offer Angelito a renewal at the very least.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Fri Jul 18, 2014 4:26 pm

so how is this transfer shaping up bros. latest updates any ? is he the Bale to Nerman of this window  pirat ?? barca has already got their nerman, vampire version . so make it fast Reyal.  Wink Proud  will you , wont you !!

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Collblanc Fri Jul 18, 2014 4:26 pm

Zealous wrote:
Mr Nick09 wrote:Nah, people who make their opinion off 2 games are people who watch 4-5 games of James and think he is a false 9. you know, people like you.

#rekt
Collblanc
Collblanc
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Fri Jul 18, 2014 7:55 pm

sportsczy wrote:We didn't really.  We beat Atleti in CDR semis, drew them at the Calderon in La Liga, lost to Barca 4-3 in La Liga, beat Barca in CDR final and beat Atleti in the CL Final in the 2nd half of the season.

We got our arses handed to us in the first half of the season when we lost to both Atleti and Barca in La Liga, which ended up costing us the league in the end.  Other than the Barca loss, the rest was ok to great in the second half...

We did well in the Copa games against Atleti I agree. I don't think we replicated that form nearly enough though. Mainly because we were by far the worse team at the Calderon in the league. We were completely outplayed in the game but managed to sneak a draw.

Mr Nick09 wrote:dont forget the manita to bayern, and 4-0 victory at the the allianz arena, probably the biggest win in footy last season.

we have something extremely good going. club should stop messing around and offer Angelito a renewal at the very least.

3 of the 4 goals we scored against Bayern in Munich were from set pieces lol.

It was awesome and historic but I don't think it can't be improved upon.

Look guys, Carlo promised free flowing attacking football. We played that way against Betis and Getafe but when the big games came we played counter attack 4-4-2. It was awesome but it was not what we were promised.

All I am saying is that we can improve.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:02 pm

Can any pro Rodriguez guys explain how the formation will look like? Should be a 3 man midfield , should be a working formation of course.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Fri Jul 18, 2014 10:54 pm

umm...whilst the club is chasing James Rodriguez, am I the only one who has noticed that we currently have only 1 striker. Jese's out injured, he could return in october/november; but even then with an injury like his you cannot rush the player, so him being 100 percent might go as far as december or january. Morata's close to making a move to juventus, from what i hear the deal's practically done already, within the region of 18-22 million euros (not a bad return if you ask me).....i'm wondering if the plan is to go the whole season, 60 plus games with only 1 center forward as I have heard no news regarding that department
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Fri Jul 18, 2014 11:02 pm

We have an agreement with Bendtner to come tbh
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Jul 18, 2014 11:03 pm

Lord

nsfw
Spoiler:
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Fri Jul 18, 2014 11:06 pm

RealGunner wrote:Lord

nsfw
Spoiler:

Yeah I've seen this, he's the GOAT ffs Proud Szczęsny even reposted it Laughing

Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri Jul 18, 2014 11:07 pm

Zealous, no amount of midfielder we sign will make us play free flowing football. It's like you guys still have not realized this. why? because of Ronaldo.

Cristiano is a point A to point B player. he doesnt play in a way that's conductive to free flowing football. he gets the ball and he shoots, he makes direct runs inside the box and you have to feed him. To make matter worse, we signed Bale. Neither CR nor Bale are ballers, they dont play that way at all so any idea of playing free flowing football as you call it will never materialize. And it gets better, they dont like to press when they lose the ball. Laughing

Ancelotti is a step ahead of yall, he understood that long ago, he makes those promises to keep fans quiet. when the real big games come, we tight it up behind and we play rock and roll.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Jul 18, 2014 11:11 pm

Can't believe this is actually happening. Madrid are so predictable Laughing

If they end up losing Di Maria for James I think that's a net loss for the team, considering they already have (too) many individualistic players.

Also why would Monaco sell for so little? I think they could sell for more in a few years imo. Although they might not believe in him and want to capitalize on the hype.

Wonder what this means for Isco hmm They should sell him to Atleti, with such a similar player to him as James coming in (and obviously better) he has no future there.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sat Jul 19, 2014 12:07 am

Rodriguez will cost €75-85m. hmm:

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by teamanarchy Sat Jul 19, 2014 7:38 am

Speaking of Isco...
Why have we given up on him? He's young too and I thought he showed more than a few glimpses of brilliance last season. Plus, we don't need to go through all the drama and money spending to sign him. I really think he still has a lot of value. His dribbling is so silky smooth... Plus, he can shoot...
I don't think James is (much) better. Plus Isco is Spanish
teamanarchy
teamanarchy
First Team
First Team

https://www.facebook.com/#!/ks16152913

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat Jul 19, 2014 10:02 am

tbh, James has a few things going for him compared to Isco:
- James delivers a final product often. Isco does a lot of flashy things... but his final product fails him often.
- James has much better vision. He sees the whole pitch. Isco has poor vision.
- James is a "pass first" guy. He only goes for goal if he doesn't see a pass. Isco is the opposite.

I like Isco and i think he's making progress. But his tendencies are more those of a striker than a midfielder. James is the opposite. It depends what you're looking for and, at Madrid, i think we're looking more for vision/passing.

Not that i agree with the signing of James... because i don't He's a 10. We don't play with a 10. It doesn't make sense for many reasons to buy him, the biggest of which is selling Di Maria.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Sat Jul 19, 2014 12:43 pm

I think James is a better player than Isco, but they are both competing for a position that doesn't exist in a line up that works best with the players we have.

So as good as both James and Isco are.. they are both useless.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat Jul 19, 2014 1:03 pm

yeah... pretty much. I felt bad for Isco. If this happens, i'll feel bad for James too Laughing
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 33 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18 ... 33  Next