urbaNRoots
Gil
Onyx
futbol
Mr Nick09
73 posters

Page 10 of 16 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 16  Next

Go down

Alexis on the move let's see where he lands - Page 10 Empty Re: Alexis on the move let's see where he lands

Post by Harmonica Sat Oct 10, 2015 9:34 pm

futbol wrote:Sanchez is too "chaotic". He goes from slipping and losing the ball to scoring screamers within the same game. He needs the freedom to do whatever he wants otherwise in a more strict tactical scheme he loses all confidence. Was easily the most irritating player I've seen at Barca. Maybe Harmonica can provide the gif against Manchester City in his last season at Barca, a counterattack where he could have easily been 1 on 1 with the goalkeeper if he didn't ... well, trip over the ball. Laughing Exemplary. His dribbling was also hilariously bad, he always tried to take on player but he was bad at it. Ever since, I have difficulties to rate him too highly, no matter what he does now for Arsenal. His 3 CL goals in 3 seasons at Barca certainly don't help his reputation. Without wanting to rustle anyone's jimmies, I'd say Arsenal truly is his level.

Hazard, I don't know. Needs to come and prove himself in GOAT Liga. But I feel he would adapt better to the demands of true elite teams.
This?

Alexis on the move let's see where he lands - Page 10 PnRapMY

One thing is 100% certain, I would choose Hazard in Barcelona 100/100 instead of Alexis.

Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Alexis on the move let's see where he lands - Page 10 Empty Re: Alexis on the move let's see where he lands

Post by futbol Sat Oct 10, 2015 9:40 pm

RealGunner wrote:Seems like Barcelona was a poor club for him to go to more than anything else. Or that he is getting better coaching at Arsenal. Somehow all of those bad traits have disappeared magically.

Arsenal just don't have the same demands. For example, in the 2nd half of last season Alexis only scored in 4 games and didn't score in 15. And 2 of those 4 games were QPR and Hull who both went down. Additionally he started this season not scoring for 8 consecutive games. He does that at Barca and he will be under HEAVY criticism. He does that at Arsenal and no one really cares. A performance like against United recently and that gives him leeway for the next 12 months at least.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Sat Oct 10, 2015 9:45 pm

Harmonica wrote:
futbol wrote:Sanchez is too "chaotic". He goes from slipping and losing the ball to scoring screamers within the same game. He needs the freedom to do whatever he wants otherwise in a more strict tactical scheme he loses all confidence. Was easily the most irritating player I've seen at Barca. Maybe Harmonica can provide the gif against Manchester City in his last season at Barca, a counterattack where he could have easily been 1 on 1 with the goalkeeper if he didn't ... well, trip over the ball. Laughing Exemplary. His dribbling was also hilariously bad, he always tried to take on player but he was bad at it. Ever since, I have difficulties to rate him too highly, no matter what he does now for Arsenal. His 3 CL goals in 3 seasons at Barca certainly don't help his reputation. Without wanting to rustle anyone's jimmies, I'd say Arsenal truly is his level.

Hazard, I don't know. Needs to come and prove himself in GOAT Liga. But I feel he would adapt better to the demands of true elite teams.
This?

One thing is 100% certain, I would choose Hazard in Barcelona 100/100 instead of Alexis.

No, not that one. It was much worse. It was a similar situation like Neymar's goal against Bayern last season in Camp Nou, acres of space ahead of him, but he tripped. It was in Camp Nou if I remember correctly.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Oct 10, 2015 9:52 pm

futbol wrote:
RealGunner wrote:Seems like Barcelona was a poor club for him to go to more than anything else. Or that he is getting better coaching at Arsenal. Somehow all of those bad traits have disappeared magically.

Arsenal just don't have the same demands. For example, in the 2nd half of last season Alexis only scored in 4 games and didn't score in 15. And 2 of those 4 games were QPR and Hull who both went down. Additionally he started this season not scoring for 8 consecutive games. He does that at Barca and he will be under HEAVY criticism. He does that at Arsenal and no one really cares. A performance like against United recently and that gives him leeway for the next 12 months at least.

Well, you are right about the demand thing. We don't start abusing our players or anything if they are not performing. And we give them more than enough time to adjust and get behind them when they are not on form. Arsene specially is a great manager to actually believe in his players and not kick them out after a season or 2 and replace them with someone else just because.

Why would Sanchez be under heavy criticism for not scoring when Arsenal were going through their best form during that period last season? Would be an idiotic thing to do. We aren't a one man team or anything.

Of course he didn't score in his first 8 starts of the season. He returned from Copa America after cutting his vacation short and didn't even start his pre-season properly when we had to beg him to save our ass against West Ham. He severely lacked fitness till about few weeks ago (where admittedly he was playing really poor). But once again, why would we criticise him? It would be a stupid thing to do.

But then obviously with Barcelona being a superclub, things are different there. No one cares how players are treated or how the club is run as long as trophies are won.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Sat Oct 10, 2015 10:00 pm

futbol wrote:
Harmonica wrote:

This?

No, not that one. It was much worse. It was a similar situation like Neymar's goal against Bayern last season in Camp Nou, acres of space ahead of him, but he tripped. It was in Camp Nou if I remember correctly.
This?

Alexis on the move let's see where he lands - Page 10 L3lCLyR
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Sat Oct 10, 2015 10:05 pm

The underrating of Hazard is hilarious. We are talking about a guy who was the only consistently great player for Chelsea in their title winning campaign. He is one of the best 5 players around at the moment.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Sat Oct 10, 2015 10:14 pm

Harmonica wrote:
futbol wrote:
Harmonica wrote: This?

This?

Alexis on the move let's see where he lands - Page 10 L3lCLyR

That's it I think. Laughing I remembered it slightly differently (thought there was no defender ahead of him) but still hilarious nonetheless. And he had those little technical errors in his game all the time which was really really frustrating.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sat Oct 10, 2015 10:23 pm

Valkyrja wrote:The underrating of Hazard is hilarious. We are talking about a guy who was the only consistently great player for Chelsea in their title winning campaign. He is one of the best 5 players around at the moment.

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view/982250/hans-landa-o.gif
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Sat Oct 10, 2015 10:25 pm

RealGunner wrote:
futbol wrote:

Well, you are right about the demand thing. We don't start abusing our players or anything if they are not performing. And we give them more than enough time to adjust and get behind them when they are not on form. Arsene specially is a great manager to actually believe in his players and not kick them out after a season or 2 and replace them with someone else just because.

Why would Sanchez be under heavy criticism for not scoring when Arsenal were going through their best form during that period last season? Would be an idiotic thing to do. We aren't a one man team or anything.

Of course he didn't score in his first 8 starts of the season. He returned from Copa America after cutting his vacation short and didn't even start his pre-season properly when we had to beg him to save our ass against West Ham. He severely lacked fitness till about few weeks ago (where admittedly he was playing really poor). But once again, why would we criticise him? It would be a stupid thing to do.

But then obviously with Barcelona being a superclub, things are different there. No one cares how players are treated or how the club is run as long as trophies are won.

You are half right. Sanchez in his second season at Barca was flopping really really hard. He scored his first league goal in round 23. Laughing He kept missing 5 yard sitters. Certainly the all-time low in his professional career. No one booed him though. People actually chanted his name (I think Cesc was the only one who got abuse but he deserved it anyway :coffee:).

However, that was the season where it become clear that he wasn't at the level to lead Barca's attacking line alongside Messi so the whole Neymar deal was fast-forwarded a year. No one can say he wasn't provided with patience at Barca though.

I don't think he's a scrub or anything. Just not world class. A level below that.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Sat Oct 10, 2015 10:28 pm

I would say Hazard is easily the second most underrated player, after Messi, in modern football. Others come and go, but Hazard stays underrated.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Sat Oct 10, 2015 10:32 pm

While the team is getting rolled by midtable scrubs 'one of the best five' player week after another is doing escape stunts of which Houdini would be proud of.

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sat Oct 10, 2015 10:41 pm

Right to free speech and all, but enough is enough.

I think harmonica should be banned for calling Messi "the most underrated player in modern football."

Surely there's got to be a point where things stop being acceptable.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Sat Oct 10, 2015 10:47 pm

Say that to Fakenaldo's smirk on three Ballon d'Ors compared to the Müller's one. What kind of German are you? scratch A fake one?
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sat Oct 10, 2015 10:49 pm

Enough is enough. You've made an enemy now, harmonica. I'll not stop until you're gone.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Sat Oct 10, 2015 10:50 pm

Laughing Enemy of logic is enemy of me, always.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sat Oct 10, 2015 10:53 pm

Having to read a thing like that is a severe attack on my brain. I'll have to resort to self-defense.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Sat Oct 10, 2015 10:55 pm

Maybe your brain needs a reboot? hmm

I suggest 1 bottle of red wine and twelve beers.

Last edited by Harmonica on Sat Oct 10, 2015 10:55 pm; edited 2 times in total
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Sat Oct 10, 2015 10:55 pm

Harmonica wrote:Laughing Enemy of logic is enemy of me, always.
enemy of harmonica is enemy of harmonica hmm this is confusing

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Back to top Go down

Post by Bankz Sat Oct 10, 2015 10:58 pm

Hazard has scored 0 goals in 9 pl games, 0 goals in the CL, & 0 goals in the charity shield this season while he missed his 3rd penalty (1 in CL, 1 in the pl & 1 in qualifiers) in 2 months. Has done zilch for belgium (both friendlies and tournaments) in like 60+ games, yet the guy is suppose to be among the top 5 best player in the world or best player in the pl? Or is this blatant trolling?
Bankz
Bankz
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sat Oct 10, 2015 11:00 pm

seriously, that probably is the stupidest thing I've ever had to read in my life.
This is so inconceivably unfathomably stupid it causes bodily harm.
I should sue you for violence.
A spam account advertising boner pills would be more acceptable than this.
You need to be stopped. ASAP.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Sat Oct 10, 2015 11:03 pm

You hear that Bankz?
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sat Oct 10, 2015 11:08 pm

Never mind this is a thread about Sanchez, even in the Messi appreciation thread you should not be able to get away with this.

I call for action. Please mods save us from this scourge.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Sat Oct 10, 2015 11:11 pm

Get away with logic, honesty, truth, concrete arguments? Now I'm confused. scratch
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sat Oct 10, 2015 11:14 pm

The ghost of Francis Bacon himself is probably somewhere cowered, crying in despair, if reason would allow the belief in ghosts.

Since the ghost of Francis Bacon can't take care of this for us, the mods will have to.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Sat Oct 10, 2015 11:19 pm

Nervermind bacon when there're people like Aristotle, Frege, Gödel and Tarski watching you.

Laughing
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Oct 11, 2015 12:38 am

Not sure if Hans or Stephen A Smith? hmm
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 16 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 16  Next