rwo power
The Franchise
Tomwin Lannister
RealGunner
70 posters

Page 4 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

Who will go through to the Final?

Semi-Final: Argentina Vs Netherlands - Page 4 Vote_lcap59%Semi-Final: Argentina Vs Netherlands - Page 4 Vote_rcap 59% 
[ 29 ]
Semi-Final: Argentina Vs Netherlands - Page 4 Vote_lcap41%Semi-Final: Argentina Vs Netherlands - Page 4 Vote_rcap 41% 
[ 20 ]

Total Votes : 49

Semi-Final: Argentina Vs Netherlands - Page 4 Empty Re: Semi-Final: Argentina Vs Netherlands

Post by BarcaLearning Mon Jul 07, 2014 6:53 am

messixaviesta wrote:
Robespierre wrote:Argentina - Netherlands always looks like as a special match.
I hope to watch a great match as it was in France 98

What an outstanding match that was - even if it ended in tears for us.

Definitely was, that Bergkamp goal remains one of the best ever I have seen in such a big stage.

messixaviesta wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
Mamad wrote:I hope Robben shines and win the best player award. he deserves it.

Depends really, there's quite a few candidates who would be deserving.

Also i must say while i have a feeling that we are going to see Argentina v Brazil i wouldn't be surprised at all to see a Germany v Holland final either.

All 4 teams have pretty much limped to the semi finals, showing clear and obvious strengths and weaknesses which can and probably will be exploited.

I don't really see a clear favourite from any of them, thus expect two very tight and cagey semi finals.

Well said especially the parts in bold which I strongly agree with.

As for the golden ball the front runners are probably Messi and Robben and whoever goes to the final will have a very strong case especially if he shines in the semi final. Neymar unfortunately dropped out due to his untimely injury but he will still be among the top ten. Thiago Silva and possibly David Luiz will be in top ten but they will likely not win. That leaves Germany and specifically Manuel Neuer and Thomas Muller. They need to do more to compete with Messi and Robben currently but if they have splendid semi finals and end up on the winning side then it's possible. Lastly this time in the top ten there should be one or more players from teams who didn't make the semi finals. James Rodriguez is nailed on. Maybe Keylor Navas.

Agree that not anyone of the big teams left have been absolutely convincing, but Germany at least appears to have the least weaknesses it seems for me.

The top players list to really depend on the SF and finals obviously but the names mentioned should be included.

El Shaarawy wrote:BC is just getting in his jinxes so they can activate during NED-ARG

Laughing 

The Franchise wrote:His general play has been worse than 2010, in general play he was the best player in 2010 in my opinion.

But in 2010, he didnt have end product in the games. Whereas Snijeder for example who did very little in general play had tremendous end results, somehow he scored 3-4 deflected goals..now Messi is having great ends results while doing not much in the general sense.

You would much rather have the latter. Even though it looks worse, in the end it gets you results...Messi nor Argentina can afford to be picky about that at this stage.

That is true. Im glad Messi regained his form but disappointed he just cant seem to reach his former peak anymore. It is starting to look like an age thing where the peak is over....

Peccadillo wrote:tbf to Messi, he pretty much gets hacked down every time he gets the ball. It's hard to shine in general play when half the opposition closes you down immediately.

That being said, Messi has been great, playing a part in every goal and saving Argentina on more than one occasion. I don't think the criticism is fair.

With Di Maria out, Higuain needs to be on song as an outlet.

I can see Argentina edging it, in what I expect to be yet another low scoring affair.

I do want the dutch to finally win a W.C as no country that hasn't deserves it more. But I just can't bring myself to like a team made up of Robben, RVP and De Jong.

Agree with this also! So many Dutch teams in the past 'deserves' it more lol! Would be really incredible if this team goes all the way... and VG would earn truly legendary status.

BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Semi-Final: Argentina Vs Netherlands - Page 4 Empty Re: Semi-Final: Argentina Vs Netherlands

Post by Babun Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:52 am

Argentine is the worst of the last 4. Without Di Maria, they're super crap. I expect them to bow out against Netherlands unless something incredible happens and no, it won't be Mehssi. He is been walking around the pitch every Argie game. I think he lost his exposivity. Dude is panting after sprints.
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:10 pm

If Argentina are super crap then so is everyone else left, no one looks very impressive and all of them have basically limped across the line.

I really haven't seen these teams that everyone else has, none of them look great.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:32 pm

Considering the appalling level of refereeing in the knockout rounds so far I think it's worth asking who the ref for this game will be.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Mon Jul 07, 2014 1:39 pm

The ref hasn't be announced for this game yet.
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Mon Jul 07, 2014 2:01 pm

So ridiculous that people feel Messi will get shut down and all crap... he needs just one moment of brilliance to decide the match, a pass or a free kick or a wonder goal. It is just that they should not concede more and that will decide the game

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Lupi Mon Jul 07, 2014 2:12 pm

lets go sneijderman
Lupi
Lupi
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Mon Jul 07, 2014 3:38 pm

Gotta go with the Dutch now from a fan-perspective.

From a footballing perspective, I don't like their chances against Messi though.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon Jul 07, 2014 4:10 pm

Argentina got this.

Robben will do his best, but he can carry the rest of them scrubs only for so long.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Mon Jul 07, 2014 4:13 pm

I have a feeling Sneijder continues to improve and steps up his game to its highest level here. He's been improving as the tournament has gone on, and he's a big game player. I think he will power the Netherlands through Argentina, though realistically this game could go either way. Whoever displays more ambition and focus here will win. Both teams have gamebreakers that can decide the game at a moment's notice, though with Di Maria out Argentina will be leaning heavily on Messi/Higuain I think.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Madvillain Mon Jul 07, 2014 6:56 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:Argentina got this.

Robben will do his best, but he can carry the rest of them scrubs only for so long.

That continuous German hate. banana 
Madvillain
Madvillain
Starlet
Starlet

http://thvnderbvrst.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:29 pm

Will come down to which team has the better scrubs imo.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:35 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:If Argentina are super crap then so is everyone else left, no one looks very impressive and all of them have basically limped across the line.

I really haven't seen these teams that everyone else has, none of them look great.

Only Germany have looked good imo. But I agree that everyone else has looked mostly meh - although I think this is mostly to the credit of the high level of football played by "small" nations.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:45 pm

Messi better not allow himself to be outplayed by Robben, pretty much the bottom line for me.

Argentina wont win with that happening.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:56 pm

The Franchise wrote:Messi better not allow himself to be outplayed by Robben, pretty much the bottom line for me.

I wouldn't be surprised if Robben outplays him.

Messi is saving himself for the final.

not srs
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:03 pm

The Franchise wrote:Messi better not allow himself to be outplayed by Robben, pretty much the bottom line for me.

But Robben will play against Demichelis with huge gaps of space and Messi against a very organized 532 that will sit very deep.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:35 pm

Dont wanna hear them excuses.

He gotta find a way or they aint winning.

And why will Argentina leave huge gaps, defensively they have looked pretty good thus far.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:41 pm

Only against Belgium. Who counter attack slower than Xavi.

Against everyone else we have left huge gaps in defense. Iran got as many shots as Argentina and were left THREE times one on one with the keeper. Romero saved us that day, motm. Switzerland left Drmic completely free with a very average through ball. Bosnia and Nigeria both got plenty of clear chances.

My pessimisim might be clouding my judgement but I am actually losing sleep over this Laughing
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:48 pm

It is I feel (clouding your judgement).

Every team concedes chances, but for me Argentina are better at the back than I imagined they would be.

Rojo, Garay and Mascherano have had pretty good team tournaments so far. Maybe even better than than good.

Zab is Zab, he is basically reliable and I dont expect him to have a shocker at this point. Demi I have confidence in aslong as the game doesnt get out of hand in terms of pace.

Rojo up against Robben is much less one sided than I would have imagined pre tournament. This obviously will be the toughest test for him but he has done his reputation good so far.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:57 pm

Why do people talk about defense from earlier in the tournament ? Laughing Its all ancient history.

Germany's defense looked like complete garbage against Ghana and Algeria but when it mattered they limited France to very little.

None of it matters now for them or any of the other semi finalist, as a Barca fan BC should be well aware of that.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Tue Jul 08, 2014 3:00 am

I was discussing this with a friend of mine, this WC could be the greatest vengeance story in football history if Holland win it.They destroyed Spain(10), would beat Argentina (78) and could win against Germany in the final (74).Another reason for me to support the dutch.
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr_Puyol Tue Jul 08, 2014 3:20 am

Ganso wrote:I was discussing this with a friend of mine, this WC could be the greatest vengeance story in football history if Holland win it.They destroyed Spain(10), would beat Argentina (78) and could win against Germany in the final (74).Another reason for me to support the dutch.

Or if they lose in the final,It would be back to back World Cup finals losses...again.
Mr_Puyol
Mr_Puyol
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruijf Tue Jul 08, 2014 3:22 am

If the Dutch don't win it then I hope they lose in the semis, another loss in the final would be too much.
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Tue Jul 08, 2014 3:25 am

a 4th final loss would be too much to bear for the dutch .
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Tue Jul 08, 2014 3:46 am

Germany vs Dutch is likely to be the final whoever is going to lose in going to suffer depression .
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Tue Jul 08, 2014 3:50 am

Germany vs Dutch is likely to be the final whoever is going to lose in going to suffer depression .
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next