sportsczy
REWB
Sina
Jay29
RealGunner
43 posters

Page 33 of 40 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 36 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 33 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by Raptorgunner Sun Jul 20, 2014 9:29 pm

MJGunner wrote:
VendettaRed07 wrote:An old 'Gers fan Scotsman selling keychains and mugs at a festival yesterday was telling me that the Khedira deal is done and dusted. I told him I thought the deal fell apart because of his wage demands, but he told me he has sauces that told him Ozil and Mert talked him into taking less money

Source is about as reliable as any others

Vendetta be like

Spoiler:

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 33 Hxvcqezxxhmyo7acdylb

Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 33 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by lenear1030 Sun Jul 20, 2014 9:34 pm

VendettaRed07 wrote:An old 'Gers fan Scotsman selling keychains and mugs at a festival yesterday was telling me that the Khedira deal is done and dusted. I told him I thought the deal fell apart because of his wage demands, but he told me he has sauces that told him Ozil and Mert talked him into taking less money

Source is about as reliable as any others

Dat scoop and dem inside sauces.

Been a few days without internet and I see we aren't playing around with this transfer window. good stuff
lenear1030
lenear1030
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:02 pm

Iker Casillas wants to come to Arsenal for free? hmm 

I would take him with open Arms.

Spanish paper EL Confidencial report Casillas is keen on a move to Arsenal who could move quickly to bring the Spaniard to the Premier League despite also being linked with Nice's David Ospina.

Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:26 pm

RealGunner wrote:Arsenal and Nice reach agreement for Ospina, fee is €4m plus €1m, according to Nice Matin.

Would be decent signing, finally some proper competition for Chez. I don't think he is good enough to be a number 1 for us but he can be a reliable back up.
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Sun Jul 20, 2014 11:25 pm

I think Ospina is good enough to take the shirt from Szczesny if he doesn't stay on his toes which is exactly what the move is for most likely since they're around the same age and of comparable quality.

MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Mon Jul 21, 2014 1:25 am

Wenger says he won't sign a striker:

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/490134/Arsenal-manager-Arsene-Wenger-determined-NOT-to-buy-another-striker

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Mon Jul 21, 2014 1:31 am

Of course not. Because THAT would be the logical thing to do
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Jul 21, 2014 1:49 am

Meh we knew that deep down.

DM, CB, Ospina. We are done

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:00 am

I think we can play Sanchez up front, but only if podolski plays too
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:19 am

would have Never wanted Giroud near Arsenal if I knew he would be 1st and only choice for 3 seasons in row!!
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:42 am

We have like a thousand midfielders.. And are in the market for ANOTHER one

But CF? Meh, only need one

VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:58 am

Giroud is celebrating now.

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 33 1b981b808fba7ca1e9b5990d480b36d54e686ab04ccff5075e628fdf1ba391e9
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:05 am

VendettaRed07 wrote:Of course not. Because THAT would be the logical thing to do
The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 33 Funny-pictures-of-new-arsenal-forward-olivier-giroud-06
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:09 am

sanchez will be our main striker, why are people underrating this guy as a cf? he has played there numerous times, id say its probably his main position. he's is very good with his back to goal if you can get players to support him.

REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:16 am

i mean who the fck do you guys want anyway? there is nobody there! only realistic target out there that would significantly improve us is benz, IF he was to even become available this summer anyway.
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:20 am

I can't believe the stick Giroud still gets. Take him out of our lineup and we're conceding twice as much from set plays. I'm guaranteeing that.

Which isn't to say he should start every game but there are so many things people don't take into account when they talk about him.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Peccadillo Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:34 am

I have seen no evidence to suggest Sanchez is effective as a lone striker. It would surprise me if he was.. My understanding is that he played as a right winger for Barca 90% of the time.

I want Balo if AC really will let him go for 14.5m. Just putting it out there.

Stick him on a three year contract if he wants the move so bad. Also his missus is fit, we need to rebuff our WAGs with the loss of Sagna.

Who's giving Giroud stick? I still think we will sign a striker if one becomes available at the right price. Wenger also effectively dismissed further midfield signings in that interview.. yet we continue to be linked to strikers and DMs by reputable sources.
Peccadillo
Peccadillo
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:43 am

REWB wrote:sanchez will be our main striker, why are people underrating this guy as a cf? he has played there numerous times, id say its probably his main position. he's is very good with his back to goal if you can get players to support him.

1. He has played there a couple times (couple is probably overstating it) since joining Barca, and I'd argue none of those he was actually the CF, but rather playing more forward like a CF would in front of Messi and leaving much of the RW to Alves. These times were merely tactical changes as well, he's never started as such.

2. No, it's not. He doesn't play there for Chile and he has never played there for Barca (see #1). In no world is that his main position. What? He plays as RW almost exclusively for Barca, deputizing as a LW more than a couple times over the years for Barca.

3. He's not. The majority of his runs are off the ball to receive the position and go forward. He plays on the RW, so most of the time his back isn't to goal in the first place. He can't hold the ball up by being physically strong or anything, though he is quite good at shaking off players when dribbling with his back to goal.

Finally, I wouldn't put Sanchez as your player to "support". Sanchez is a dynamic player who can support (his play at Chile highlights this, and he did get like 16 assists last season) and finish. However, Sanchez is not in any way shape or form an elite finisher. He remains a good, at least decent if not a bit more, finisher. He isn't what I would call a fantastic finisher, and saying 'great' is stretching it.

He's an amazing player, but I'm not sure where these claims are coming from. Please don't play him as a CF.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:57 am

what position does he play for chile? and what position did he play in udinese? i know he wasn't a lone striker but he was a striker.
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:02 am

Peccadillo wrote:I have seen no evidence to suggest Sanchez is effective as a lone striker. It would surprise me if he was.. My understanding is that he played as a right winger for Barca 90% of the time.

I want Balo if AC really will let him go for 14.5m. Just putting it out there.

Stick him on a three year contract if he wants the move so bad. Also his missus is fit, we need to rebuff our WAGs with the loss of Sagna.

Who's giving Giroud stick? I still think we will sign a striker if one becomes available at the right price. Wenger also effectively dismissed further midfield signings in that interview.. yet we continue to be linked to strikers and DMs by reputable sources.

he can be like our david villa, we dont need to have a big target man upfront. There is no reason why he cant play the lone striker role if we get our midfielders around him to support him. he can hold the ball up well enough i have seen it.
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:22 am

the traditional lone striker role has evolved. you got guys like muller and cesc (when he did it for spain) playing there to good effect. not saying sanchez will be the perfect striker for us, but he'd be better or as good in that position than the likes of remy and balo. unless we can get benz or cavani then forget it.
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Peccadillo Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:36 am

Hear what your saying.. but I'm skeptical it would work in the PL. Podolski couldn't do it, Gervinho couldn't do it, I don't see Sanchez doing it.

Just curiously.. I'm hesitant to ask.. what's the consensus on Eto'o?

Last edited by Peccadillo on Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Peccadillo
Peccadillo
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:37 am

Podolski---Sanchez---Walcott

---------Ozil----Ramsey-------

--------------DM----------------

or

-----------Campbell-----------

Sanchez-----Ozil------Walcott

-------Ramsey----DM---------

Could be what we go with if Giroud needs a rest, is injured, or is just sucking.

Last edited by VendettaRed07 on Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:57 am; edited 1 time in total
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Peccadillo Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:53 am

REWB wrote:the traditional lone striker role has evolved. you got guys like muller and cesc (when he did it for spain) playing there to good effect. not saying sanchez will be the perfect striker for us, but he'd be better or as good in that position than the likes of remy and balo. unless we can get benz or cavani then forget it.

What's the point on spending 32m on a player then playing him out of position? We should be playing players like Sanchez and Ozil to their strengths, not using them as makeshift strikers or right midfielders.

Anyway maybe you're right and Wenger thinks he can be converted into a lone striker.. but it doesn't make sense to me. Either change the system to two up front, or play Giroud up front and rotate every so often to give him a rest.
Peccadillo
Peccadillo
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:47 am

I'm not saying he can't play CF, but it would be a waste of his ability and I don't see how he would be a tremendous improvement over Giroud when playing as a CF. His playing at Udinese and Chile is FAR different than a lone striker role at Arsenal.

If you guys think Giroud is an erratic finisher, Sanchez isn't much better. I do think Sanchez is a good, if not inconsistent, finisher...but like I said, I would hesitate to call him more than that. Getting players to support him isn't a good use of his abilities. His finishing alone sort of rules him out of that lone striker role.

BUT...play him as one of the 3 behind the striker. Let him roam around, make forward runs, pop up in dangerous positions to dribble and let him link up with team mates, create as well as get on the end of things...now you're using Sanchez to his full potential. Peccadillo is right- he could theoretically play it, and against scrubs it will be no problem, but why spend that much money to play him out of position?

I do hope Wenger let's him explore his potential because Sanchez is a fantastic player and I hope the best for him.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by DuringTheWar Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:07 am

Well we're at our wits end when it comes to strikers and desperate for a solution, heck it's not that long ago we were discussing Walcott as our central striker or ozil as false 9 rofl

our rivals have got far far more firepower up front we are not gonna compete. Especially in the big games we are bleeped when we need to create twice as many chances just to draw. And there's nothing we can bleeping do about it  Laughing We can sign ozil, we can sign sanchez, but no matter what, we are going to try to win the premier league with giroud and sanogo as our CFs
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 33 of 40 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 36 ... 40  Next