McAgger
iftikhar
Xifio
66 posters

Page 29 of 36 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 32 ... 36  Next

Go down

Italia: La Nazionale II - Page 29 Empty Re: Italia: La Nazionale II

Post by Luca Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:34 pm

Yeah, the toughest team we could've faced by far. Normally, Italy raises the level to its opponent, so I hope that tradition continues.

I feel like Insigne could've been useful from the start since he can actually do something with the ball in the final third

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:23 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:If you can't beat Sweden you don't belong in a world cup. It's as simple as this.

Well, in this case, it would be in a literal sense. If Italy can't beat Sweden, they definitely won't be in the WC.

Also, so far, Italy defending way more than attacking but that is only natural. Sweden passing well enough and all that but not much efforts on goal or on target.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:33 pm

Sweden is playing very well. They know exactly what to do and the stadium is loud as hell. Its a shame they won't be in the WC if Italy manages to pull through.

Unless Sweden get tired, Italy will need subs to get something here. Or a top half time shake up to turn thing around.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:34 pm

Half expecting a jammy goal from Italy honestly. Sweden is doing good things with the ball but it just feels like I've seen this episode before.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:37 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:If you can't beat Sweden you don't belong in a world cup. It's as simple as this.

Never said the contrary.
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:42 pm

Doc wrote:Half expecting a jammy goal from Italy honestly. Sweden is doing good things with the ball but it just feels like I've seen this episode before.

Just what I was thinking too Laughing Ventura bringing us back to pre-Prandelli Italian football. Defending 90 min, avoiding conceding too many chances, and then scoring a jammy goal to piss everyone off.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:09 pm

rofl
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by breva Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:11 pm

The only good thing about elimination is that we get rid of Ventura. With Ventura we would have been humiliated in Russia anyway.
breva
breva
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:32 pm

For starters, Italy isn't eliminated yet, they are just down 1-0. Mind you, it's a pretty bad performance from them so I could understand the doom and gloom.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by breva Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:37 pm

They will be eliminated. With Ventura's team selection and non-tactics, it won't be any different at the San Siro.
breva
breva
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:50 pm

Now I know how it feels to be a Milan fan

Any other day, this is probably a 0-0 match. A deflected shot from a long throw in, while we had three defenders joined at the hip, joga bonito

I was looking forward to the match ending because it was just that bad to watch.

We may have finally done worse than our previous two World Cups, which saw us eliminated in group play and that would be by not qualifying at all. The cynical side of me thinks it would be better to just drop off now, that is how deflated I feel watching this Ventura team

Italia: La Nazionale II - Page 29 9ReRvb8

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by breva Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:55 pm

Of course it's better to not qualify. Ventura would make it an embarassment in Russia. Now, if the FIGC had balls, they would fire Ventura tomorrow, put in a caretaker coach for the San Siro game. This team would have a chance of overturning this result with any decent manager other than Ventura. Then there would be time to get a decent manager for Russia. With Ventura it will end the same way or a draw which will eliminate Italy anyway.
breva
breva
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by breva Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:05 pm

Now Ventura is blaming the ref. What a loser.

"Italia, Ventura: "Sconfitta immeritata e arbitro non all'altezza""
"Unjustifed loss, the ref was not at necessary level"

http://www.gazzetta.it/Calcio/Nazionale/10-11-2017/nazionale-ventura-sconfitta-immeritata-arbitro-non-altezza-230527167616.shtml
breva
breva
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:22 pm

I don't think he can blame the ref for what was a really bad performance from Italy but I guess he can focus on the ref.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:27 pm

Doc wrote:I don't think he can blame the ref for what was a really bad performance from Italy but I guess he can focus on the ref.

Must have had bad refs for the last 18 months. The referee managed the game quite well, there were a lot of nerves from the players and a lot of dumb stuff happening away from play/on challenges more than once.

There's just nothing to this team right now

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by breva Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:01 am

By the way. Ventura was chosen by Tavecchio, the head of the FIGC. Not only that, Tavecchio extended Ventura's contract to 2020, so that in the event of failure in the WC, Ventura would stand to gain 2 years of salary if the FIGC fired him. They did not contemplate that the moron would be incapable of qualifying Italy for the WC at all.

Since Ventura took over Conte's team, less talented than the one Ventura has now, the performance has progressively declined. Ventura took over a team that thrashed Spain and Belgium and lost only on penalty kicks to Germany (the Zaza pre-penalty ballet) in the European Championships of 2016. Shortly after he took over the team, Italy drew against Spain with the team still heavily influenced by Conte's work. In the second game the next year Italy lost by 3 goals to Spain. The FIGC has cognizant dissonace if they can't see they made a huge mistake hiring this dimwit Ventura.
breva
breva
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:26 am

Unbelivable from Ventura. I understand that the goal was a deflection and whatever, bad luck can happen, forget the result. The subs though, Ventura deserved to be sacked (even as patient as I am I can join you guys) the moment Eder came on for Belotti instead of Insigne/Bernardeschi/El Sha.

It looked beyond clueless. Eder coming on for Belotti to change the game...

Then the second worst sub possible, he took of Verratti. The only one who was building up play properly. Verratti even switched with De Rossi to bring the ball from the back and he was subbed off. Unbelievable move. To bring on Inisgne who was the only proper technical player in the field so *bleep* Insigne had to play pseudo regista.

Why even take Verratti off if he will miss the return leg anyway. Finishing off with Insigne trying to play the ball from the back because Verratti is off, Jorginho, Bernardeschi and Florenzi never came on and Marchisio is in Italy was hilarious.

If we qualify in Milan, I still hope Ventura is sacked immediately after. This was just too clueless.

Trying to chase a game and you sub on Eder and take of Verratti when you leave out Insigne, Bernardeschi, Jorginho, Marchisio, El Shaarawy and Florenzi...

Its enough to say about the poverty setup that the CBs and Darmian were by far the best of the match for us.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:31 am

Welcome brother @rincon

In a way, 1-0 down, maybe we will play without fear since, as it stands, we are already eliminated.

Best case scenario, this would be absolute perfection, we qualify and still sack Ventura. While I can't see it happening, its the exact ruthfulness that this team and group and organization lacks.

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:34 am

Qualification is still possible since its a home game, its just hard to be optimistic after this level of cluelessness from the Ventura mid match. The team even came out well for the second half, it was just incredible that he made these moves after the goal. It seemed as something just detached from reality.

Losing 1-0 away can never be a positive result. But lets see, hopefully you are right and they step up. The quality is overwhelmingly there, they just have to stop being held back.

If we make it, please sack Ventura. Go for Carlo, Mancini who always (even this week) said he wanted the NT, or anyone else.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:39 am

The hardest thing is to imagine Italy scoring two goals in a single match under Ventura

In fact, the last time we scored more than one goal was in June against Lichtenstein

The last time we approached a game with an offensive line up, was with Spain Laughing

Now we even lack Verratti

Advantage Sweden, surely

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:45 am

In Milan its a different story even if they have they advantage.

With Verratti out (and subbed out early ffs) who knows what Ventura will play. Its Jorginho time surely but who knows.

What I never got was why complicate things, the best players all play in positions which complement each other, so why find contrived systems.

Insigne and Candreva play in front 3s. Immobile and Belotti play alone. De Rossi, Jorginho, Parolo and sometimes Verratti play in mid 3s. So let them play as they should.

Maybe he will go back to his super attacking 4-2-4 since now he has to chase a match and he can justify it.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by breva Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:58 am

I don't think people have figured out that Ventura is stupid, i.e. lacks intelligence. Not just soccer intelligence. With the dimwit in charge there is a big doubt that Italy will win, much less by two goals to avoid a penalty kick shootout.
breva
breva
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Sat Nov 11, 2017 5:35 am

No Italy in the world cup would sadden me A LOT, for obvious reasons.

Unusual but sacking Ventura right now is the energy spark this team needs. Anyone can do better... @rincon, are you available on monday afternoon ?
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Sat Nov 11, 2017 5:39 am

OK, so why will Italy play the return leg in San Marino???
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Sat Nov 11, 2017 5:40 am

San Siro ?
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sat Nov 11, 2017 5:51 am

Do remember though, Sweden may have won with a deflection but their football was pretty good compared to Italy. So Italy is gonna have really raise their game which happens to include Ventura who is just shitting the bed constantly with his choices.

Nothing against my dearest friend Hala obviously but Italy has to do better than what I saw. For both qualification (obviously) and reputation.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 29 of 36 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 32 ... 36  Next