RED
jibers
Busby Babe
29 posters

Page 12 of 15 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Go down

Louis van Gaal - Page 12 Empty Re: Louis van Gaal

Post by B-Mac Mon Nov 09, 2015 8:33 pm

agree with Jibers...there is progress in they way we play, this team lacks runners tho, Rooney and Mata need to be replaced they offer too little off the ball which is why we stagnate in the final 3rd because there is no movement aside from Martial.

B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Tue Nov 10, 2015 8:48 pm

jibers wrote:
RED wrote:
jibers wrote:

Meh, this football isn't any worse than the nonsense we played under SAF after 2009. LVG is trying to change the teams mentality. These things take a long time. I hope he is kept. Gone are the days where we just sit back and act like a small club in big games. SAFs record against big teams was questionable at best. We won the league because we became scrub killers.

That's what we need to sort out. Also Rooney in the team is like playing with 10 men.

Although I partially agree that the football we played under SAF in his latter years left a lot to be desired, at least there was some excitement involved in our matches i.e, goals, comebacks & late winners.

Also in our last title win, we beat City away, Chelsea away, Liverpool away, beat Arsenal at home and drew away. It was a balance of being scrub killers and winning against title rivals/big games.

Fair points, I'm talking about generally. In big games we sat back and we played on the counter. I'm happy with the progress so far. I said it would take up to 3 seasons and I'm right on track.

If we sack him who should we hire? Mou? Also RED i think Rooney is hindering our team, Martial is our only player that is good in one v ones. Rooney needs to get injured.

I personally wouldn't mind if we give the job to Pochettino. Proving to be a very good young manager who is turning Spurs into a very good team. Advocates playing youth, his team plays a compact, high energy pressing game, plays positive offensive and direct football (mixture of counter attacking and possession) and he knows how to set up a defensive unit.

He basically has all the ingredients of what I'd like to see from a modern day United manager.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Wed Nov 11, 2015 5:11 pm

Just want to be clear, I'm not LvG out, but he isn't beyond criticism either ofc
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Wed Nov 11, 2015 5:12 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:Busby Babe is Back cheers

Proud
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Fri Nov 13, 2015 8:09 pm

RED wrote:
jibers wrote:
RED wrote:

Although I partially agree that the football we played under SAF in his latter years left a lot to be desired, at least there was some excitement involved in our matches i.e, goals, comebacks & late winners.

Also in our last title win, we beat City away, Chelsea away, Liverpool away, beat Arsenal at home and drew away. It was a balance of being scrub killers and winning against title rivals/big games.

Fair points, I'm talking about generally. In big games we sat back and we played on the counter. I'm happy with the progress so far. I said it would take up to 3 seasons and I'm right on track.

If we sack him who should we hire? Mou? Also RED i think Rooney is hindering our team, Martial is our only player that is good in one v ones. Rooney needs to get injured.

I personally wouldn't mind if we give the job to Pochettino. Proving to be a very good young manager who is turning Spurs into a very good team. Advocates playing youth, his team plays a compact, high energy pressing game, plays positive offensive and direct football (mixture of counter attacking and possession) and he knows how to set up a defensive unit.

He basically has all the ingredients of what I'd like to see from a modern day United manager.

Good shout. TBH I think half our problems would be solved if Rooney gets injured.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Wed Dec 09, 2015 8:56 am

He's reached Moyes status to me, absolute charlatan. In fact, Moyes at least got us to the last 8 of the CL, so it's Moyes
>>>> LVG in that respect, and he did it without pissing away 250m+.

I actually, although not proud, predicted we wouldn't advance to the last 16 when the draw was made, because under this clown, I knew he would make a pigs ear out of such a basic group with 3 basic teams who have assembled their squad nowhere near the sum we did ours. I mean we took PSV's best player and it's they who usurped us in the group stages rofl Unbelievable.

Thank you for achieving the bare minimum which was qualifying to the CL, but as soon as we reach the summer, he should be shown the door asap. I wouldn't be against doing it now and bringing in Ancellotti.

We're not progressing under him, the football being played is atrocious, shit subs, shit tactics, he has alienated players left, right and center who can't seem to grasp his methodical style of management. Apart from that fluke run of games last March, it's been dire. That purple patch has proved to be the exception, not the beginning of something special.

DO NOT GIVE THIS MAN ANYMORE FUNDS. This is his team, he had ample time in the summer to address key issues in the squad that is now prevalent and costing us, but didn't do nada about it. Instead deciding to gut it and leaving our team super light to the point we have to throw young inexperienced players for a crucial CL match.

To sum up this clown- He subbed Mata for Powell....yep....Powel. Unreal. That just summed up the mess of it all.

As for the league, if we had any wits about us, we'd be walking it. SAF would obliterate it with this squad. Lucky for us, our rivals have been slipping up and Chelsea are in crisis mode. So it may seem we're doing it alright but in fact, we're just one point better off than we were at this stage last season- hardly progress Rolling Eyes

Can't wait till he's gone.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Dec 09, 2015 11:07 am

jibers wrote: TBH I think half our problems would be solved if Rooney gets injured.

Rooney is injured, half of the problems solved. Unfortunately the smaller of the two halves (:
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Thu Dec 10, 2015 11:15 am

7/12.15
“It’s not just because of his football abilities that we bought him. Until now we haven’t seen the best of Schweinsteiger, the player I saw at Bayern Munich.

“I believe that in every match we have played he could have played better.”

The United manager refused to elaborate on what aspects of his game Schweinsteiger had to improve, however.

“I think I have to discuss with Bastian Schweinsteiger and not with you,” Van Gaal added.

“Otherwise we have a tactical article about Bastian and then the reaction of the legends to that article so I don’t think that is wise. But I know he can be better.”
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/louis-van-gaal-criticises-manchester-6966882

9/12/15
"I have changed him and I don't change players for nothing," he said in a news conference. "I think that I can do it with other players better.

"But we are all human beings. Also Bastian Schweinsteiger is a human being and he wants to play at the highest level and certainly in Germany to show his qualities, but I cannot say that he was the Schweinsteiger from my period in Munich today."
http://www.espnfc.co.uk/manchester-united/story/2748029/louis-van-gaal-criticises-bastian-schweinsteiger-performance

Twice in a row now he has singled out Bastian. Almost like he is trying to pick a fight with him. Yh we know Bastian isn't as good as he was under LVG at Bayern, but he was in his prime back then, so obviously there's been a drop off now that he's in his 30's. No need to pick on him publicly.

This guy's man management is abysmal.

Louis van Gaal - Page 12 CV0WbkBWcAAzkb8

And so it begins...
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Thu Dec 10, 2015 12:08 pm

He's so disgusting! If you think Schweini hasn't been up to your expectations, talk to him in private. Why would you cripple his confidence by criticizing him publicly? Doesn't this unthinking simpleton even think before he speaks?

His man management skills are as good as an angry teenager's.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Thu Dec 10, 2015 12:42 pm

Unbelievable. He thinks he is still a *bleep* PE teacher ffs :facepalm:

His man management has been awful throughout his career. He shouldn't have thrown Basti under the bus as well. If he is here at the end of the season I will be very surprised.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Dec 10, 2015 1:46 pm

jibers wrote:He thinks he is still a *bleep* PE teacher ffs :facepalm:

That sentence provides the key to LvG's coaching. That's exactly it.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Sat Dec 12, 2015 7:12 pm

3 wins in 12, out of 2 cup comps by Dec, looks like he has lost the dressing room.

Now losing to a shite team.

Just let Giggs take over till the summer. Don't care where we end up in the league, just get LVG out. Sick of this shet
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Sat Dec 12, 2015 7:30 pm

Yea, looks likes he's lost the dressing room. It's game over after that. Won't be surprised if he's out before the end of the season. Injuries haven't helped but we have no good youths.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Thu Dec 24, 2015 5:05 am

Hapless_Hans wrote:
jibers wrote:He thinks he is still a *bleep* PE teacher ffs :facepalm:

That sentence provides the key to LvG's coaching. That's exactly it.

Louis van Gaal - Page 12 Xcrkvr
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Thu Dec 24, 2015 2:04 pm

problem is I don't think they Glazers are close enough to the team to see it.

So it's up to woodward
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Thu Dec 24, 2015 2:28 pm

Still give him time. I'd rather we wait till the end of 2017. The squad needs massive rebuilding. This squad is worse than anything SAF had, even when we had Djemba Djemba in mf. We had 3 years before we started seeing results. I would wait till this summer before I lose faith.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Thu Dec 24, 2015 3:47 pm

jibers wrote:Still give him time. I'd rather we wait till the end of 2017. The squad needs massive rebuilding. This squad is worse than anything SAF had, even when we had Djemba Djemba in mf. We had 3 years before we started seeing results. I would wait till this summer before I lose faith.

Have to disagree with you here mate. Barring 2 or 3 positions, especially in offense, we are one of the better teams in the league on paper in terms of quality.
A fully fit team with the right players picked will look something like this
ddg
darmian-smalling-(rojo/blind)-shaw
herrera-scheiderlin-(schweini)
(young/lingard)-martial-(memphis)

Look at the non bracketed names. Certainly not bad players there, none of them. Some of them are worldclass there, some very good, some decent.
Forget when we had djemba djemba and the likes not so long ago we had a midfield that had carrick, anderson, fletcher and cleverly and rooney if you remember during moyes, not to mention fellaini. Is this midfield worse than that!!? scratch

The reason why we look so uninspiring and shite right now is simply because we have 0 quality attacking players barring the 19 y.o kid. 2 more additions on that front and a new midfielder, a young one and we will look an entirely different team (next season, where i believe the club will 100% address them).

OUT
Mata
Rooney
Fellaini
Valencia
Jones
Carrick

IN
Mahrez
Griezmann/Aubameyang or fk it, just get them both  What a Face
Tielemans (as the 3rd mf alongside ander and morgan)
Stones (Jones + 25m and everton will agree i believe)
and if needed some attacking wonderkid like Embolo for cover and thats all we need.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Thu Dec 24, 2015 5:04 pm

6 players out and only 4/5 in....making our thin squad thinner Proud

and that is considered massive rebuilding imo and we probably need more.

we wasted a year with Moyes and it killed us...only bringing in Mata and Fellaini...2 players who have little impact and were not at all what the squad needed.
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Thu Dec 24, 2015 5:14 pm

Glory wrote:
jibers wrote:Still give him time. I'd rather we wait till the end of 2017. The squad needs massive rebuilding. This squad is worse than anything SAF had, even when we had Djemba Djemba in mf. We had 3 years before we started seeing results. I would wait till this summer before I lose faith.

Have to disagree with you here mate. Barring 2 or 3 positions, especially in offense, we are one of the better teams in the league on paper in terms of quality.
A fully fit team with the right players picked will look something like this
ddg
darmian-smalling-(rojo/blind)-shaw
herrera-scheiderlin-(schweini)
(young/lingard)-martial-(memphis)

Look at the non bracketed names. Certainly not bad players there, none of them. Some of them are worldclass there, some very good, some decent.
Forget when we had djemba djemba and the likes not so long ago we had a midfield that had carrick, anderson, fletcher and cleverly and rooney if you remember during moyes, not to mention fellaini. Is this midfield worse than that!!? scratch

The reason why we look so uninspiring and shite right now is simply because we have 0 quality attacking players barring the 19 y.o kid. 2 more additions on that front and a new midfielder, a young one and we will look an entirely different team (next season, where i believe the club will 100% address them).

OUT
Mata
Rooney
Fellaini
Valencia
Jones
Carrick

IN
Mahrez
Griezmann/Aubameyang or fk it, just get them both  What a Face
Tielemans (as the 3rd mf alongside ander and morgan)
Stones (Jones + 25m and everton will agree i believe)
and if needed some attacking wonderkid like Embolo for cover and thats all we need.

Roy carolll

Gary Neville, Rio ferdianand, Wes Brown, Phil Neville
Roy keane Scholes Djemba Djemba, Kleberson
Giggs, Youbg CR7, RVN, Forlan, Solskjaer

That squad that came third in a weaker EPL era is better than the nonsense we have now.
B-Mac wrote:6 players out and only 4/5 in....making our thin squad thinner Proud

and that is considered massive rebuilding imo and we probably need more.

we wasted a year with Moyes and it killed us...only bringing in Mata and Fellaini...2 players who have little impact and were not at all what the squad needed.

LVG has been saddled with Mata, Rooney and Fellaini ffs. You need talent to win things. Mata is just terrible, Mou did well migging us off with him. We need better players and it will take more than 2 years to fix this pile of crap. The ideas are there, we've seen what the squad is capable of last season and when we outplayed Pool, Spurs and City. We need the players to see that consistently.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Thu Dec 24, 2015 5:32 pm

I am getting your point. I think we two are saying basically the same thing. The obvious weak links, the rooneys, the matas, the fellainis. Basically the forward line, the wingers and the playmakers therein lies the deficiency. And true beyond herrera and Morgan, our mf situation too is pretty dire. Carrick is finished.

But as i said 3 or 4 signings should be able to fix this issue and the likes of Basti, memphis, young and blind should be able to provide necessary cover.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Wed Jan 13, 2016 12:52 pm

Philosopher's Stoned ‏@apcmtb 39m39 minutes ago
#MUFC have same points in last 6 games as
Villa
Newcastle
Swansea
& some think we'll get top 4.
#LVGOUT Wind it in
Louis van Gaal - Page 12 CYmV7yUWYAAR5LD

Midtable decline. Set.

Negligence from the board that they're allowing this to continue.

Woodward c***!
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Fri Jan 15, 2016 9:10 pm

Give him at least til the the summer imo, see where we are then.
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Fri Jan 15, 2016 9:19 pm

This
Not because he deserves but because there is no good replacement at. unless club has big plans for Giggs. If that is the case then he should gtfo imo.

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Wed Jan 20, 2016 10:41 am

Manchester United's Louis van Gaal pondering quitting at the end of THIS season

The 64-year-old's loved ones are concerned about the pressure he is under and leaving a year early would clear the way for Jose Mourinho to take over

Louis van Gaal is considering walking out on Manchester United this summer – a year before his contract expires.

Van Gaal will have a season left on his contract after this one ends, but it is understood the mounting pressure of the job could see him leave the post early.

Sources in Holland claim the Dutchman’s family have become increasingly concerned at the heavy toll leading the Old Trafford giants is taking on the 64-year-old.

Van Gaal himself raised the spectre of quitting – rather than being sacked – during United’s miserable eight-game winless run at the end of last year.

Source

I think this is the best solution we can expect. I've come to terms that he will see out the rest of the season, out of respect for him and his career, I can perhaps see why the board are hesitant to not sack him from his last managerial job in football.

Then he can retire, we can hire either Pep or Mourinho, and then take it from there. Best case scenario imo.

Anyone but Giggs, please.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Fri Jan 22, 2016 12:09 pm

@RED the fact you want that cancer Mourinho here sums it up. I love it how you just glided past my point before. We played worse football in our last title winning season and we won because we had the best striker in the league.

Ironically we beat Newcatsle 4-3 in that season with a last minute goal at home. We create more than enough chances to win these games but we have no finisher.

Now you can go on the narrow minded view like most clueless United and football fans and say LVG has spent money and has had a season but I ask you, what world class striker can we feasibly get at this point in time? Even if SAF were here we would below Bayern, Madrid and Barcelona in the pecking order and City got Kun Aguero, tell me RED, who could we sign bar any young talent that hasn't been proven in the long term. GIve me a name.

The scouting system at United is awful and has been for like 10 years. Our youth structure is terrible and we have an inexperienced Sporting Director yet all the blame lies with LVG. You say that LVG should know who to buy yes? Do you know hoe many years it takes to get a competent scouting network?

Ignorance is truly bliss. I hope for the sake of the club Mourinho doesn't come near it. The same guy that poked Tito in the eye and behaves like an uncouth idiot. It's funny but that's not what I want at the club. But I suppose 2 seasons of the supposed success you think he would bring would be worth destroying the dressing room, not developing our youth structure and bringing through players and playing worse football than we are currently playing.

You couldn't make this stuff up.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruijf Sat Jan 23, 2016 4:31 am

Speaking of strikers, why are you not going for Cavani? Or break the bank for an actual winger a la Reus and move Martial to the middle.
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 15 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next