ExtremistEnigma
EL Patron
izzy
BAYERN_MUNICH
Mamad
31 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Lets Face it, Bayern is nowhere near Pep's Barca Empty Lets Face it, Bayern is nowhere near Pep's Barca

Post by Mamad Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:40 pm

All i hear is how strong Bayern is and how far they are from other clubs. but after watching their games against Arsenal and Manchester it's safe to say they are not that good. maybe the best right now but very beatable.
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Lets Face it, Bayern is nowhere near Pep's Barca Empty Re: Lets Face it, Bayern is nowhere near Pep's Barca

Post by BAYERN_MUNICH Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:42 pm

Who said we are as good as Pep's Barca?
BAYERN_MUNICH
BAYERN_MUNICH
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Lets Face it, Bayern is nowhere near Pep's Barca Empty Re: Lets Face it, Bayern is nowhere near Pep's Barca

Post by izzy Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:44 pm

Too many variables to take into account to compare the two teams under Pep.

Very childish statement imo.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:47 pm

only thing Munich are missing is a prime Messi and a prime Xavi  :coffee: 
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtremistEnigma Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:48 pm

Said this a while back.. they MIGHT be the best team in the world atm, but they are nowhere near prime Barca and certainly not invincible.
ExtremistEnigma
ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:53 pm

Jupp's Bayern was WAY more ruthless than Pep's Barca, though
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Thu Apr 03, 2014 6:07 pm

Lex wrote:Jupp's Bayern was WAY more ruthless than Pep's Barca, though

2011 Barca would have destroyed them. They had much more quality in their first 11. Bayern have no player better than Xavi, Iniesta, Messi or Villa. I would put even Alves there.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by juventus101 Thu Apr 03, 2014 6:15 pm

So Bayern had two bad games against two top english teams. And, your point is what exactly? Barca in their prime had bad games against Rubin Kazan and Celtic, both on multiple occasions. Gimme a break.

Im not saying this Bayern is better than prime Barca, but they are certainly on the same level. I also think Heynckes Bayern was stronger than Barca was. Also, in a straight head to head match, I think this Bayern and especially Jupps Bayern would beat Barca. It would be pretty much the same as last season except Barca might score a couple more over the two legs but Bayern would still score just as many. Bayerns defense simply would have a much better chance containing Barcas attack than Barcas defense would have against Bayerns attack.

I also think Bayern is going to win the CL again this season and if they really do then I think they would have to be considered better. Same dominance, but 2 CLs in a row which no one (else) has done (yet).

Last edited by juventus101 on Thu Apr 03, 2014 6:21 pm; edited 3 times in total
juventus101
juventus101
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Thu Apr 03, 2014 6:16 pm

Valkyrja wrote:

2011 Barca would have destroyed them. They had much more quality in their first 11. Bayern have no player better than Xavi, Iniesta, Messi or Villa. I would put even Alves there.

"destroyed " ? highly doubt it .

arsenal pressed high against barcelona in 2011 and managed to beat them . what makes you think bayern wouldn't be able to do the same , with players better suited for that style too ?

and lahm > alves .
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Thu Apr 03, 2014 6:18 pm

Valkyrja wrote:

You do realize the Barca team that got swept aside by Bayern last season wasn't too dissimilar to the team that won the 2011 CL final, right?
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Badger Thu Apr 03, 2014 6:20 pm

Lex wrote:
Valkyrja wrote:

You do realize the Barca team that got swept aside by Bayern last season wasn't too dissimilar to the team that won the 2011 CL final, right?

No Pep though. Vitally important.

The_Badger
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Apr 03, 2014 6:22 pm

Madrid fans trying to comfort and encourage themselves.. Laughing

Believe in La Décima!!
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Thu Apr 03, 2014 6:25 pm

It's obvious that Bayern's biggest advantage is that they win their league in October and can rest and prepare for Champions League matches as they wish. That is quite a big advantage when key players can rest 2 weeks and prepare physically to press the shit out of teams in Europe which teams at a similar level (especially Madrid and Barca) don't get. I still remember that clash with Real Madrid in 2012. Madrid had to play a do or die Clasico in Camp Nou and 3 days later had to play against Bayern with the same lineup whereas Bayern just rested everyone. Given how incredibly close that tie was (on to penalties), no one can convince me that it didn't make any difference. Physical conditioning is so important in football, I can't believe there isn't more talk about it. If Pep's Barca had that kind of advantage, winning the league in October and being able to rest everyone, the CL would have been retained either in 10 or 12, no doubt about it. Both Barca and Madrid in 2012 started their home legs with an early 2-0 lead and then they couldn't maintain that level at all.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Thu Apr 03, 2014 6:29 pm

Lex wrote:
Valkyrja wrote:

Except.. with an injured messi no pep and no coach
but yeah just about the same?  :brickwall: 
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Thu Apr 03, 2014 6:33 pm

So Pep not being there caused Barcelona to get absolutely Metta World Peace'd by Bayern? How would Pep's presence have stopped the extreme anal intrusion being inflicted?
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Thu Apr 03, 2014 6:35 pm

Hans be generalizing again. Typical Germans (not really, you guys are pretty rad). Anyway, I don't know Pep but I could assume he probably doesn't compare his all too dominant Barca side with his current team considering both sides are very much different in personnel and philosophy. Granted, he really is trying to introduce a tiki-taka and it has worked to some relevant success (he did win Bundesliga in record time) and is in place to go the UCL semis. Like Izzy wrote, too much variables to even consider a comparison.

Also, I agree with everything Fuzzyball wrote though I think he is confusing dates. In 2011, we played Barcelona in the semis. 2012, we played Bayern in the semis.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Thu Apr 03, 2014 6:38 pm

[quote="Lex"]
Valkyrja wrote:

You do realize the Barca team that got swept aside by Bayern last season wasn't too dissimilar to the team that won the 2011 CL final, right?[/quote

Apart from the fact that Messi played injured, the manager had just return from his treatment, Xavi is obviously in decline, playing with Bartra because all of our other CB were injured and most of our players were clearly tired thanks to the stupidity of Roura and Tito i.e very little rotating.

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Thu Apr 03, 2014 6:39 pm

Lex wrote:
Valkyrja wrote:

Injured Messi, worse Villa, worse Pedro(not like he was ever good), worse Pique(same with Pedro), no Abidal(he's overrated by Barca fans, but still better than Adriano), past it Xavi. Not the same team IMO. And Roura as a coach doesn't help either  Laughing 
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Badger Thu Apr 03, 2014 6:40 pm

Valkyrja, do you like Mourinho's crotch or something?

The_Badger
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Thu Apr 03, 2014 6:40 pm

Donuts wrote:
Lex wrote:
Valkyrja wrote:

Except.. with an injured messi no pep and no coach
but yeah just about the same?  :brickwall: 

No idea why people bring up "injured Messi". It wasn't only Messi's injury that was the problem. Busquets was playing through a groin injury as well and Xavi was on painkillers. The squad has been mismanaged by Tito who didn't rest anyone the entire season and kept lining up the same XI over and over until everyone was physically deflated. Then he went to treatment to New York for a couple of months, texting tactics via WhatsApp before throwing in Bartra into a CL semi-final who had played like 3 games all season. Last season was a bigger clusterf*ck than just "Messi injury" on all levels. Even the worst Milan I've ever season won 2-0, Madrid won 3-1 in Camp Nou etc. That wasn't Barca's capability although the media thinks so now ("City gonna wipe the floor with Barca" etc. Laughing).

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Thu Apr 03, 2014 6:46 pm

The_Badger wrote:Valkyrja, do you like Mourinho's crotch or something?

if that's all you've got, take a sip of deepsoil and get back to your sewer
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Badger Thu Apr 03, 2014 6:50 pm

Valkyrja wrote:
The_Badger wrote:Valkyrja, do you like Mourinho's crotch or something?

if that's all you've got, take a sip of deepsoil and get back to your sewer

It was a harmless question.  Very Happy 

The_Badger
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Apr 03, 2014 6:51 pm

Don't worry Valkyria - whether we're as good or much worse than Pepcelona, or barely on par with Moysie's Utd - you will always remain our bitches. Very Happy
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Thu Apr 03, 2014 6:55 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:Don't worry Valkyria - whether we're as good or much worse than Pepcelona, or barely on par with Moysie's Utd - you will always remain our bitches. Very Happy

Don't get me wrong, Bayern has a great team, but not that great. Messi is one of the best players of all time and Xavi and Iniesta are probably the 2 of the best midfielders of the last 10 years.

And brah, regarding your last statement, let's wait and see
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Apr 03, 2014 7:00 pm

Fußball wrote:It's obvious that Bayern's biggest advantage is that they win their league in October and can rest and prepare for Champions League matches as they wish. That is quite a big advantage when key players can rest 2 weeks and prepare physically to press the shit out of teams in Europe which teams at a similar level (especially Madrid and Barca) don't get. I still remember that clash with Real Madrid in 2012. Madrid had to play a do or die Clasico in Camp Nou and 3 days later had to play against Bayern with the same lineup whereas Bayern just rested everyone. Given how incredibly close that tie was (on to penalties), no one can convince me that it didn't make any difference. Physical conditioning is so important in football, I can't believe there isn't more talk about it. If Pep's Barca had that kind of advantage, winning the league in October and being able to rest everyone, the CL would have been retained either in 10 or 12, no doubt about it. Both Barca and Madrid in 2012 started their home legs with an early 2-0 lead and then they couldn't maintain that level at all.

What complete load of crap Laughing

So with the semi clash in 2012, our advantage was we had won the league in October, even though we didn't win it at all?
 rofl 
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next