Pedram
Le Samourai
Valkyrja
sportsczy
Onyx
27 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Champions League: Real Madrid vs Borussia Dortmund discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: Champions League: Real Madrid vs Borussia Dortmund discussion

Post by Onyx Fri Mar 21, 2014 3:21 pm

I don't think it matters anyway if Bale doesn't offer anything apart from goals, at least in a 4-3-3. It would be more of a problem in a 4-2-3-1, where the wide players are expected to offer more.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Champions League: Real Madrid vs Borussia Dortmund discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: Champions League: Real Madrid vs Borussia Dortmund discussion

Post by halamadrid2 Fri Mar 21, 2014 3:36 pm

Alonso plays very far down and apart from DiMaria there aren't many who can play through balls. With Ronaldo predominantly looking to score Bale needs to try and help him in this regard not compete with him for goals. Ronaldo is perfectly capable of scoring against any team so it's not like he will do it in vain. Besides we play through the wings mostly, why do you think dimaria runs down the side and crosses these days??? because ronaldo doesn't do that alot so dimaria/marcelo fill in. Bale does that job on the rhs

Last edited by halamadrid2 on Sat Mar 22, 2014 5:46 am; edited 1 time in total
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Nedved Sat Mar 22, 2014 3:08 am

I think we should be through if we play to our strengths unless Ancelloti has a tactical brain freeze moment in big games like playing Ramos in midfield. Klopp is astute to exploit such scenarios. To be honest Ancelloti is my only fear Smile
Nedved
Nedved
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Sat Mar 22, 2014 3:33 am

Ramos did fine in midfield, if that's the most glaring tactical failure you can come up with, I'm dissapointed. Aren't you a Chelsea fan these days anyway? No need for concern  Razz 

Throw it at them first leg, they're depleted, see if we can score about three, that should do it.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Sat Mar 22, 2014 5:12 am

Ramos at midfield didnt do fine. He was played there to stop Messi yet since he got a early yellow card at just less than 10 minute he became useless defensively at the same time he was always gona struggle there when we had the ball.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sat Mar 22, 2014 5:49 am

If we manage to beat them emphatically in the first leg we can rest some guys in the second leg after a tough game in LaReal

Carlo has a habit of overestimating teams, Ramos rb vs Juve, Arbeloa+Cactrao vs Atleti, Ramos in midfield vs Barca. if he just plays our proper line up we should be fine
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Nedved Sat Mar 22, 2014 11:54 am

Le Samourai wrote:Ramos did fine in midfield, if that's the most glaring tactical failure you can come up with, I'm dissapointed. Aren't you a Chelsea fan these days anyway? No need for concern  Razz 

Throw it at them first leg, they're depleted, see if we can score about three, that should do it.

Are n't you a fan of Arsene Voyeur? I mean Wenger. May be you are watching too many EPL games and have n't watched Arbeloa & Coentrao against AM - another senseless big game gamble. Pray he doesn't come up one against BVB.
Nedved
Nedved
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Sat Mar 22, 2014 12:31 pm

I'm a huge fan of Arsene, his class, philosophy, consistency and loyalty are qualities I appreciate. Though I suppose those aren't for everyone   Very Happy 

I thought you would appreciate Corentrao and Arbs against Atletico Laughing.

Who brought Corentrao here to play defensive midfield? Who played him in a Champions League semi-final? Mou basically trademarked that piece of idiocy
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sat Mar 22, 2014 12:42 pm

Can you guys believe we coughed up over €30 mill for that scrub???

You would've thought he would be useful in tough games but he has been nothing but a liability. Such a waste of money especially when we will barely only get a third of what we paid for him
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Nedved Sat Mar 22, 2014 2:01 pm

Le Samourai wrote:I'm a huge fan of Arsene, his class, philosophy, consistency and loyalty  are qualities I appreciate. Though I suppose those aren't for everyone   Very Happy 

I thought you would appreciate Corentrao and Arbs against Atletico Laughing.

Who brought Corentrao here to play defensive midfield? Who played him in a Champions League semi-final? Mou basically trademarked that piece of idiocy

How does anything you said justify the blunders of Ancelloti in big games. what is your point?
Nedved
Nedved
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Sat Mar 22, 2014 3:04 pm

What Marcelo provides in attack can't be matched by any full-back/wingback in today's game. Basically you have a classic Brazilian AM at LB with average defensive skills. Btw, I will never forgive Coentrap for his performance against Robben-Lahm, who were owned by Marcelo 1 week later, both offensively and defensively. The scrub cost us a CL  :facepalm: 
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sat Mar 22, 2014 4:24 pm

Coentrao actually did well last season, was solid and consistent overall. Just because he doesn't offer what Marcelo does offensively, doesn't mean he's useless.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Sat Mar 22, 2014 4:31 pm

Nedved wrote:
How does anything you said justify the blunders of Ancelloti in big games. what is your point?

Here I was thinking you were prepared to go all the way  Sad 

No excuses man, they're not neccessary. I'm very comfortable admitting Carlo has had a couple errors, that's life. He's been quick to correct them, both within particular games games and as the season has progressed. If you're looking for something better than that in a first year coach, good luck with your search. You'll need it.

My point? A very minor one. You're both a hypocrite and a traitor, the latter being a much more important grievance.

Other people criticize Carlo, no doubt, but they're still here, their primary concern is still this team. Meanwhile, in retrospect, it seems your short lived time as a Madrid fan was really just a avenue for a Mourinhio agenda, for which I have zero respect. So when you take the time to stop by every six weeks and despearately contrive some underhanded insult to throw at Carlo, it annoys me.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Sat Mar 22, 2014 5:52 pm

It could be the other way : Marcelo being so good makes Coentrao look worse than he actually is.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Daniels Sat Mar 22, 2014 7:34 pm

@Le sam, Nedved,
Chill out you two...

Jack Daniels
Jack Daniels
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nedved Sun Mar 23, 2014 2:49 am

Le Samourai wrote:
Nedved wrote:

Here I was thinking you were prepared to go all the way  Sad 

No excuses man, they're not neccessary. I'm very comfortable admitting Carlo has had a couple errors, that's life. He's been quick to correct them, both within particular games games and as the season has progressed. If you're looking for something better than that in a first year coach, good luck with your search. You'll need it.

My point? A very minor one. You're both a hypocrite and a traitor, the latter being a much more important grievance.

Other people criticize Carlo, no doubt, but they're still here, their primary concern is still this team. Meanwhile, in retrospect, it seems your short lived time as a Madrid fan was really just a avenue for a Mourinhio agenda, for which I have zero respect. So when you take the time to stop by every six weeks and despearately contrive some underhanded insult to throw at Carlo, it annoys me.

ClassNotFoundException
Nedved
Nedved
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Nedved Sun Mar 23, 2014 3:07 am

Yohan Modric wrote:Coentrao actually did well last season, was solid and consistent overall. Just because he doesn't offer what Marcelo does offensively, doesn't mean he's useless.

You are right. Also by no means he & Arbeloa are bad players. They are good player back ups to have.But certainly not in a form good enough to start a big game.
Nedved
Nedved
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by terrance511 Sun Mar 30, 2014 6:53 am

is alonso going to play? klopp seem know how to stop him.

is that why he's no rested against rayo?
terrance511
terrance511
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:45 am

I hope has a plan. Or else this whole play Alonso for 90mins is going to backfire. He is absolutely physically exhausted as it is. Something tells me Illarra with start on Wednesday, which is why he was taken off so early. I say bring it on, we don't need Alonso as much as we did earlier in the season imo. Illarra is perfectly capable of playing the cdm role

if modric flops again he can pack his bag and do us a favour
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:40 am

coentrao offers more defensively than marcelo...marcelo offers more offensively than coentrao, albeit against less than stellar opposition. the fact that our wingers provide little assistance on defense means our wing backs get exposed ever so often, against teams that know what they are doing....i'm not suggesting ron and bale all of a sudden spend all their time in the defensive half. By providing defensive assistance, i mean hard marking when the wing backs are coming in contact with opposition, ron or bale helping the wing backs in such scenarios means the center backs can maintain their position without leaving any space open...it also means the opposition attacker with the ball is faced with two players on him (winger and wing back) rather than just poor marcelo who will most likely get skinned performing such duties alone
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sun Mar 30, 2014 10:15 am

Bale and Ronaldo should ideally be tracking back at all times. Tracking back isn't an optional thing, it's mandatory.

In terms of Illarramendi, he's basically a poor mans Alonso's at this point, however he's slightly quicker.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:09 am

Ive got a bad feeling about this  No 
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:33 am

Marcelo has suffered a first degree tear in his left hamstring. Will miss both games against Dortmund.

An announcement via the official club website clarified that having undergone further tests on Monday morning, Marcelo has suffered a first grade hamstring tear in his left thigh.

Although they suggest that his participation will be pending evolution over the next forty-eight hours, such an injury will almost certainly rule him out of any participation, against Borussia Dortmund at the Bernabéu.

Impossible  :facepalm: 
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by terrance511 Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:58 am

oh mai.
terrance511
terrance511
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:35 am

Real Madrid manager Carlo Ancelotti is confident that his team are fired up and ready to meet the challenge of Borussia Dortmund, as they look to secure a strong advantage, in the first-leg of their Champions League quarter-final clash.

Real Madrid manager Carlo Ancelotti wants a good advantage in the first-leg against Borussia Dortmund.

Attending his pre-match press conference, ahead of Wednesday’s encounter against Borussia Dortmund, Carlo Ancelotti underlined that his team are revved up and ready to get into the game.

“The atmosphere is good, we’re motivated, we’re keen and enthusiastic. We’ve done well in this competition so far, we haven’t lost a game and we’re ready.”

Analysing their German opponents, Ancelotti acknowledged that they may be a handful to contain when they counter, but stressed that what matters most, is focusing on the strengths of their own game, to give them as healthy and advantage as possible from the first-leg at the Bernabéu.

“Borussia have a few injuries, they’re missing an important player in Lewandowski, but their style is the same. They’re a compact team that can make dangerous transitions. We’ll have to show our quality and ability. We’ll be trying to play an attacking game, because we need a positive result, but we’ll also have to be careful with their counter-attacks. I’m sure there will be a very good atmosphere for the game tomorrow and that will help us.”

There have been worries about the fitness of Cristiano Ronaldo, but Ancelotti assured that the Portugues star is absolutely fine.

“Cristiano’s knee is fine. He had a small injury but everything is okay. He looks relaxed and motivated. We’ve had a problem with Marcelo, but Coentrao has plenty of experience and is fresh to play. He’ll be a good replacement.”

When Ancelotti was asked, not for the first time this season at a press call, if he would consider utilising Gareth Bale as a full-back with Real Madrid, the response from the Italian coach was blunt.

“No. I won’t play Bale as a full-back. He will keep playing as a forward. We have plenty of options there. Nacho and Varane can both play at full-back. There’s also Ramos. Playing Bale as a full-back is not an option.”

As for the form of Bale, the Italian coach expressed a level of contentment, although admitting the Welshman hasn’t been consistent always, but whilst pointing out that such consistency is often difficult for any forward, compared to other players and roles in the team.

“I think it’s true that his form has been a little intermittent, but that’s only natural for a forward. He can’t ever be as consistent as someone like Xabi Alonso, for example.”

Though Borussia Dortmund are some way behind Bundesliga title winners Bayern Munich, Ancelotti is taking absolutely nothing for granted against them on the European stage.

“They have plenty of experience in the Champions League and the best teams reach the quarter-finals. We have to pay close attention to every team. These ties are very tough.”

Posed an interesting question about which Madrid team he sees as favourites for La Liga and the Champions League, given they’re both battling away for silverware, Ancelotti observed that it’s what the two teams achieve on the road ahead, that matters most, rather than making predictions.

“What has happened isn’t so important. It’s what’s to come that matters. We made a good start in the competition, we did well in the group stage and the last sixteen. We want to keep going in this competition and nothing more. Atlético can also compete, but it’s difficult to suggest a favourite.”

Finally and asked about the pressure of being Real Madrid manager, along with the expectations that come with the job, Ancelotti simply explained that it’s no more or less than previous positions he’s held.

“There’s no special pressure for me, as it’s the same for everyone. It’s something you have to live with. I’ve had similar experiences in the past and I try to do my job with the utmost professionalism.”

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:38 am

Real Madrid right-back Dani Carvajal spoke fondly about his progress through the youth system at the club, his season playing in Germany and inspirational figures he’s looked up to, ahead of the Champions League match against Borussia Dortmund.

Speaking alongside manager Carlo Ancelotti, at the Champions League preview press conference, ahead of Wednesday’s encounter with Borussia Dortmund, right-back Dani Carvajal was asked about how his début season in the Real Madrid first-team squad has been going.

“I have always been ambitious, wanting to train and play more, though I’m very happy right now. Especially so because of the confidence the manager has given me from the very first day. The rotation with Arbeloa has been very good for both of us and for the team, because we’re always fresh. Now and with Álvaro injured, it looks like I’ll play even more minutes. I hope to earn my place, enjoy myself and help the team achieve our objectives.”

This season has also marked the debút of Carvajal in the Champions League against Galatasaray in Turkey during the group stage of the competition. That is already a cherished memory for the 22-year-old.

“It was like a dream, thinking that I was going to compete in the Champions League. When you’re there arm in arm with your team-mates, listening to the Champions League anthem playing, it sends a chill down your spine. It was also a great game, we scored six goals and it’s something I’ll never forget.”

Asked who his nearest companions in the first-team are, Carvajal highlighted his former Real Madrid Castilla and youth system colleagues, whilst also pointing at the friendly rivalry for the right-back slot, with Álvaro Arbeloa.

“Given all the years I’ve played alongside them, I’d have to say Morata and Jesé. Arbeloa too, as we can understand one another with just a glance.”

When it comes to choosing one of his all-time favourite players at Real Madrid, there were no surprises in his choice of Michel Salgado, as an inspirational figure.

“As a fan of Real Madrid, I’d say Michel Salgado. I really loved his style of play, it was really intense. I always loved watching him play.”

Having progressed through the youth system of Real Madrid, is also something that Carvajal feels very fortunate to have experienced, especially having eventually made the grade at the highest level.

“It’s a dream come true. In Spain and most of all in Madrid, every kid wants to play for Real Madrid. Being in the youth system at this club is great and I was filled with pride and emotion, when I made my début in this shirt. Going through each stage of my time at this club, has been wonderful.”

Highlighting the legendary Raúl and current captain Iker Casillas as further inspiration to players of his generation who progressed from the youth system at Real Madrid, Carvajal also recognises that himself, Jesé and Morata are now references for the next generation of talented young players, to aspire towards emulating.

“They are a mirror for us to look towards and now Casillas is captain. For us, reaching the first team is the ultimate objective. Players like Arbeloa or myself had to leave, before coming back again. Others, like Jesé or Morata, have gone straight through to the first-team.”

Given his own time playing in Germany with Bayer Leverkusen, Carvajal was also asked what sort of impact that experience had, when it came to his development as a player.

“I’ve really improved my game defensively, because there was practically no transitional play in the Bundesliga and I had to do a lot of closing down. Also, we were a team who had to take the initiative in every game and as a full-back, I had to cover a lot of ground. That helped develop my physically, so that I could try to remain fresh in the final minutes of games.”

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next