Sterling v Walcott

+22
El Gunner
Raptorgunner
M99
ExtremistEnigma
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Abramovich
DeletedUser#1
Eman
Helmer
Lex
Onyx
REWB
Highburied
zigra
Arquitecto
McAgger
Red Alert
RealGunner
EarlyPrototype
Mr Nick09
Nishankly
Art Morte
26 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Sterling v Walcott - Page 2 Empty Re: Sterling v Walcott

Post by zigra Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:23 am

Lex wrote:So Walcott scores the winner in an FA Cup final vs Manchester City, doesn't count for nought. Gotcha.
Well it would still be nothing more than a goal in a worthless cup.
Btw excluding cups wasn't even meant to play down Walcotts ability. It's just my way to look at things and has nothing to do with the player.

zigra
First Team
First Team

Posts : 4247
Join date : 2013-08-15

Back to top Go down

Sterling v Walcott - Page 2 Empty Re: Sterling v Walcott

Post by RealGunner Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:44 pm

Red Alert wrote:SWP was never good and flopped when he moved to a "big club" and he had that constant expectancy to perform in his head. One of the biggest reasons he flopped was mentally.

Sterling's already better, he's more talented and already plays at one of the biggest clubs in the world with no problems whatsoever; he has the better mindset. He's already overcame this "fear" he had, and has started to play his own game and is doing well at it.

He only really needs to fix his end product, which has been a problem for majority of his senior career albeit his still young.  So can we stop talking about SWP please?

lol SWP was one of the brightest talent in England once. 'Never good enough' is completely rubbish. He was the reason City got back in the PL and he was a regular for England at the age of 23. His mistake was moving to a Chelsea side that had Robben playing in the same position.

You rate Sterling highly, good for you but please stop with the revisionist history.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 89402
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Sterling v Walcott - Page 2 Empty Re: Sterling v Walcott

Post by Helmer Tue Feb 04, 2014 2:24 pm


Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 9812
Join date : 2012-08-15

Back to top Go down

Sterling v Walcott - Page 2 Empty Re: Sterling v Walcott

Post by Nishankly Tue Feb 04, 2014 2:43 pm

ffs no way that guy is 19
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon
Posts : 20939
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

Sterling v Walcott - Page 2 Empty Re: Sterling v Walcott

Post by Highburied Tue Feb 04, 2014 4:23 pm

RealGunner wrote:
Red Alert wrote:SWP was never good and flopped when he moved to a "big club" and he had that constant expectancy to perform in his head. One of the biggest reasons he flopped was mentally.

Sterling's already better, he's more talented and already plays at one of the biggest clubs in the world with no problems whatsoever; he has the better mindset. He's already overcame this "fear" he had, and has started to play his own game and is doing well at it.

He only really needs to fix his end product, which has been a problem for majority of his senior career albeit his still young.  So can we stop talking about SWP please?

lol SWP was one of the brightest talent in England once. 'Never good enough' is completely rubbish. He was the reason City got back in the PL and he was a regular for England at the age of 23. His mistake was moving to a Chelsea side that had Robben playing in the same position.

You rate Sterling highly, good for you but please stop with the revisionist history.

Word!

SWP had more popularity back then, as well as more responsibility.
Highburied
Highburied
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 2630
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 40

Back to top Go down

Sterling v Walcott - Page 2 Empty Re: Sterling v Walcott

Post by Eman Tue Feb 04, 2014 6:18 pm

Until he reaches Theo's level, we can't really know if he will ever surpass him, but yeah he could become better in time. Regardless, he should be going to the world cup if the squad were to be picked right now, which isn't bad for a 19-year-old.
Eman
Eman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 3029
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 30

Back to top Go down

Sterling v Walcott - Page 2 Empty Re: Sterling v Walcott

Post by DeletedUser#1 Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:07 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:sterling will never reach walcott's level


the same way you said this summer, Sturridge will never surpass Defoe ? rofl Laughing

stick to watching your poverty lol liga.

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid
Posts : 5155
Join date : 2012-12-06

Back to top Go down

Sterling v Walcott - Page 2 Empty Re: Sterling v Walcott

Post by EarlyPrototype Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:19 pm

Lex wrote:So when we talk about Messi, Crono, Bale etc, we talk about their overall goal tally ("zomg, 80 goals this season!") but only talk about league and CL goals for Walcott Laughing


Last time I checked Ronaldo and Messi had countless Ballon D'ors, European and domestic titles between them lmao. And Bale was playing at Spuds. Enough said.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 7700
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Sterling v Walcott - Page 2 Empty Re: Sterling v Walcott

Post by Red Alert Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:53 am

RealGunner wrote:

lol SWP was one of the brightest talent in England once. 'Never good enough' is completely rubbish. He was the reason City got back in the PL and he was a regular for England at the age of 23. His mistake was moving to a Chelsea side that had Robben playing in the same position.

You rate Sterling highly, good for you but please stop with the revisionist history.

May have gone just a tad over the top, but he wasn't as good as you're making him out to be.

He was never ever going to make it at the top level... never. Massive difference between doing it PL and in the Championship.

He was the only "talent" in England when he was breaking through. Who was he compared to from his generation? Bentley? Downing?

He went his full debut season at Chelsea goalless ffs. Laughing

Can't blame Robben either. He had over 80 appearances in blue.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Posts : 11625
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

Sterling v Walcott - Page 2 Empty Re: Sterling v Walcott

Post by Lex Wed Feb 05, 2014 2:13 am

EarlyPrototype wrote:
Lex wrote:So when we talk about Messi, Crono, Bale etc, we talk about their overall goal tally ("zomg, 80 goals this season!") but only talk about league and CL goals for Walcott Laughing


Last time I checked Ronaldo and Messi had countless Ballon D'ors, European and domestic titles between them lmao. And Bale was playing at Spuds. Enough said.
I think you missed my point by a nautical mile
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia
Posts : 15097
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 34

Back to top Go down

Sterling v Walcott - Page 2 Empty Re: Sterling v Walcott

Post by EarlyPrototype Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:21 pm

Lex wrote:
EarlyPrototype wrote:
Lex wrote:So when we talk about Messi, Crono, Bale etc, we talk about their overall goal tally ("zomg, 80 goals this season!") but only talk about league and CL goals for Walcott Laughing


Last time I checked Ronaldo and Messi had countless Ballon D'ors, European and domestic titles between them lmao. And Bale was playing at Spuds. Enough said.
I think you missed my point by a nautical mile

The irony. I clearly stated earlier that Walcott has not achieved anything great. Then you bring up that the fact that titles are ignored when it comes to Ronaldo and Messi. Um yeh I missed the point.....
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 7700
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Sterling v Walcott - Page 2 Empty Re: Sterling v Walcott

Post by Lex Thu Feb 06, 2014 5:06 pm

I wasn't talking about titles Laughing What are you waffling on about?
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia
Posts : 15097
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 34

Back to top Go down

Sterling v Walcott - Page 2 Empty Re: Sterling v Walcott

Post by Abramovich Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:44 pm

Lex wrote:I wasn't talking about titles :lol:What are you waffling on about?

I'd pay for you to find that mug and give him a right slap in the face.  Twisted Evil 
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli
Posts : 6544
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

Sterling v Walcott - Page 2 Empty Re: Sterling v Walcott

Post by EarlyPrototype Fri Feb 07, 2014 7:01 pm

Lex wrote:I wasn't talking about titles :lol:What are you waffling on about?

You weren't, but even then Ronaldo and Messi have more than enough goals in CL. Dunno why you are getting so emotional. I didn't slate Walcott. He is a player I rate, but Sterling can and probably will match him.

@Abramosh*t you are irrelevant son.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 7700
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Sterling v Walcott - Page 2 Empty Re: Sterling v Walcott

Post by Helmer Sat Feb 08, 2014 3:32 am

stfu
dont spoil his thread

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 9812
Join date : 2012-08-15

Back to top Go down

Sterling v Walcott - Page 2 Empty Re: Sterling v Walcott

Post by Red Alert Sat Feb 08, 2014 3:54 am

EarlyPrototype wrote:
@Abramosh*t you are irrelevant son.

That twas my line.  Sad 
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Posts : 11625
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

Sterling v Walcott - Page 2 Empty Re: Sterling v Walcott

Post by EarlyPrototype Sat Feb 08, 2014 12:37 pm

Red Alert wrote:
EarlyPrototype wrote:
@Abramosh*t you are irrelevant son.

That twas my line.  Sad 

We can share it.  Heart 
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 7700
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Sterling v Walcott - Page 2 Empty Re: Sterling v Walcott

Post by Nishankly Sun Feb 09, 2014 6:10 am

I think people saw Art fairly made this thread, Especially the Arsenal fans.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon
Posts : 20939
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

Sterling v Walcott - Page 2 Empty Re: Sterling v Walcott

Post by Helmer Sun Feb 09, 2014 5:13 pm

no they are too polite to comment here now Laughing

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 9812
Join date : 2012-08-15

Back to top Go down

Sterling v Walcott - Page 2 Empty Re: Sterling v Walcott

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Feb 09, 2014 7:42 pm

Sterling is a great player and thought so ever since he broke though.... i never understood the hate he got for lacking decision making skills at 18 i mean ffs !

He should definitely go to the WC but Walcott has been doing this for a while not not just 6 weeks and he's probably one of the best at what he does around.

Arsenal have missed him immensely, one of the reasons they look so toothless in big games is that they have no top quality forwards which can hurt the back 4.

Giroud is decent but that's it and without Walcott or anyone else who can penetrate the back 4 you need to be Aguero/Suarez level and he isn't.

So yeah Walcott is better and probably always will be, it would be no shame if Sterling doesn't reach his level at all. In fact if he even gets close that should be seen as a major success for Liverpool Football Club.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG
Posts : 68968
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 32

Back to top Go down

Sterling v Walcott - Page 2 Empty Re: Sterling v Walcott

Post by ExtremistEnigma Sun Feb 09, 2014 7:52 pm

Can you elaborate more on "Walcott's level"?

Don't think Walcott was as technically intelligent and mature at 18 years of age as Sterling has shown to be in these past couple of months.
ExtremistEnigma
ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon
Posts : 2535
Join date : 2013-02-27

Back to top Go down

Sterling v Walcott - Page 2 Empty Re: Sterling v Walcott

Post by Lex Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:00 pm

Mature? The dude who smacked around two girls? Laughing
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia
Posts : 15097
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 34

Back to top Go down

Sterling v Walcott - Page 2 Empty Re: Sterling v Walcott

Post by ExtremistEnigma Mon Feb 10, 2014 1:43 am

Mature in footballing sense. And anyways, the double smacking alone makes him better than Walcott by default. :bow:
ExtremistEnigma
ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon
Posts : 2535
Join date : 2013-02-27

Back to top Go down

Sterling v Walcott - Page 2 Empty Re: Sterling v Walcott

Post by Red Alert Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:32 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Sterling is a great player and thought so ever since he broke though.... i never understood the hate he got for lacking decision making skills at 18 i mean ffs !

He should definitely go to the WC but Walcott has been doing this for a while not not just 6 weeks and he's probably one of the best at what he does around.

I'm confused.

Has Sterling been a great player ever since he broke through or just for the last 6 weeks?
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Posts : 11625
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

Sterling v Walcott - Page 2 Empty Re: Sterling v Walcott

Post by Highburied Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:47 am

Lex wrote:Mature? The dude who smacked around two girls? Laughing

Who are these girls?

Koscielny and Mertesacker?

Sterling had an exceptional game tbh.

Highburied
Highburied
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 2630
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 40

Back to top Go down

Sterling v Walcott - Page 2 Empty Re: Sterling v Walcott

Post by Nishankly Mon Feb 10, 2014 7:37 am

Highburied wrote:
Lex wrote:Mature? The dude who smacked around two girls? Laughing

Who are these girls?

Koscielny and Mertesacker?



 rofl rofl rofl
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon
Posts : 20939
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

Sterling v Walcott - Page 2 Empty Re: Sterling v Walcott

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum