Kick
mr-r34
Unique
15 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

sterling contract Empty sterling contract

Post by Unique Mon Feb 09, 2015 10:11 pm

I have a bad feeling that sterling will not sign a new contract. its been dragging on far to long for my liking. Rodgers is now saying he has been offered a great deal but says the club will not be held to ransom. don't sound good tbh.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/12040/9707475/premier-league-brendan-rodgers-says-liverpool-have-offered-raheem-sterling-an-incredible-deal
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

sterling contract Empty Re: sterling contract

Post by Unique Mon Feb 09, 2015 11:18 pm

got a feeling that Chelsea will offer him more to make him leave us. then give him 1-2 games in a season then sell him for 20 odd million. make money on him and weaken us aswell.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Tue Feb 10, 2015 2:30 am

Well they would have to offer us like 40-50mil which they won't.
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Tue Feb 10, 2015 2:39 am

We wouldn't go for him, he's too expensive to be a loan player and with Cuadrado, we don't need another winger.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Tue Feb 10, 2015 7:45 am

Yeah, I don't think Chelsea need him and it would be a little stupid of Raheem to go there. Mourinho rotates little and if Sterling didn't hit the ground running, he'd be on the bench there.

Man City do worry me, they need a winger better than Navas, they need some home-grown players... But everything indicates that we have offered him a great deal for a 20-yo, so I'm not too worried. I think he'll sign it or if someone is willing to pay a 20-yo more, then I don't want to be competing with that.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Tue Feb 10, 2015 3:41 pm

I think he will sign it this time but this just shows that in future when he is probably 25-26 yr old, we will not be able to stop him, considering he becomes WC by then and it doesnt even matter if we are EPL champion by then because we will never offer the kind of money Barca or Madrid or oil clubs will offer !!

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Mon May 18, 2015 11:16 pm

sterling now saying he feels let down by the club because they didn't protect him from bad press over the contract. jusus wept. sell this little imp asap. the reason he has done so well for Liverpool is because he has never had pressure on him. I don't hold a grudge against any player that has left Liverpool. I was gutted when torres and suarez left but I have a lot of respect for them and wished them well. but im really starting to dislike this little shit. we should sell the little shit then watch him sit on the bench at his next club. who the fook does he think he is. infact I would put the little shit in the u21 team next season.

Last edited by MR BOND on Mon May 18, 2015 11:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Mon May 18, 2015 11:25 pm

You'll get 20-25m tops for him. Just enough for a double swoop of Ings and Milner. Smile

No but seriously, both parties are equally to blame. The club/Rodgers for leaking the news that he rejected an offer for 100k a week, and for him to go to the BBC against the club's wishes was a dumb and disrespectful move.

All a mess tbh.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Mon May 18, 2015 11:34 pm

RED wrote:You'll get 20-25m tops for him. Just enough for a double swoop of Ings and Milner. Smile

No but seriously, both parties are equally to blame. The club/Rodgers for leaking the news that he rejected an offer for 100k a week, and for him to go to the BBC against the club's wishes was a dumb and disrespectful move.

All a mess tbh.
no one said he was offered 100k per week. Rodgers was asked about his contract and said he has been offered a great deal. sterling is at a point where he is doing well for Liverpool because he has had no pressure on him. its been a progression. we except he is great one game and not great the next. its to be expected for a 20yo player. but if he goes to one of the top 4 teams. the pressure will be on him. he will no longer be able to be hit and miss. when you make a big move you have to be on form week in week out. and I will have a forum bet right now with anyone that says if he stays at Liverpool he will progress. if he leaves he will be another shaun wright phillips. the lad has talent. but he needs to be playing week in week out to get better. if he moves to a top 4 team he will find himself on the bench in no time and could end up in the reserves. if he had any sense he would sign a 2 year extention at Liverpool. then see where he is at the end of that.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Mon May 18, 2015 11:46 pm

MR BOND wrote:
RED wrote:You'll get 20-25m tops for him. Just enough for a double swoop of Ings and Milner. Smile

All a mess tbh.
no one said he was offered 100k per week. Rodgers was asked about his contract and said he has been offered a great deal. sterling is at a point where he is doing well for Liverpool because he has had no pressure on him. its been a progression. we except he is great one game and not great the next. its to be expected for a 20yo player. but if he goes to one of the top 4 teams. the pressure will be on him. he will no longer be able to be hit and miss. when you make a big move you have to be on form week in week out. and I will have a forum bet right now with anyone that says if he stays at Liverpool he will progress. if he leaves he will be another shaun wright phillips. the lad has talent. but he needs to be playing week in week out to get better. if he moves to a top 4 team he will find himself on the bench in no time and could end up in the reserves. if he had any sense he would sign a 2 year extention at Liverpool. then see where he is at the end of that.

Someone within the club leaked the figure Sterling rejected and Rodgers fanned the flame further.

It's been handled poor by the club.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Mon May 18, 2015 11:59 pm

I don't see anything wrong with how the club handled it. Sterling is being petulant and can go for all I care. He's not a can't miss player and was very sheltered up to this season and when asked to step up he faltered. Young and very physically talented and skilled but I don't think he's got the mind or mettle to be an elite player. Someone will pay big for him and I'm ok with that.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Tue May 19, 2015 12:10 am

RED wrote:
MR BOND wrote:

All a mess tbh.

Someone within the club leaked the figure Sterling rejected and Rodgers fanned the flame further.

didn't LVG come out and say de gea has been offered big money to stay at man u.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Tue May 19, 2015 12:14 am

MR BOND wrote:
RED wrote:
MR BOND wrote: no one said he was offered 100k per week. Rodgers was asked about his contract and said he has been offered a great deal. sterling is at a point where he is doing well for Liverpool because he has had no pressure on him. its been a progression. we except he is great one game and not great the next. its to be expected for a 20yo player. but if he goes to one of the top 4 teams. the pressure will be on him. he will no longer be able to be hit and miss. when you make a big move you have to be on form week in week out. and I will have a forum bet right now with anyone that says if he stays at Liverpool he will progress. if he leaves he will be another shaun wright phillips. the lad has talent. but he needs to be playing week in week out to get better. if he moves to a top 4 team he will find himself on the bench in no time and could end up in the reserves. if he had any sense he would sign a 2 year extention at Liverpool. then see where he is at the end of that.

-No, LVG hasn't.

- Stay on topic. This is about Sterling, not De Gea.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Tue May 19, 2015 12:17 am

Potential player Swap with city?
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Tue May 19, 2015 12:19 am

RED wrote:
MR BOND wrote:
RED wrote:

-No, LVG hasn't.

i think you will find LVG did say that buddy.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Tue May 19, 2015 12:26 am

MR BOND wrote:
RED wrote:
MR BOND wrote:

-No, LVG hasn't.

Provide the quote along with a link to the source then.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Tue May 19, 2015 12:34 am

RED wrote:
MR BOND wrote:
RED wrote:

-No, LVG hasn't.

Provide the quote along with a link to the source then.
can you also find the quote and the link from Liverpool that said sterling was offered 100k per week.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Tue May 19, 2015 12:36 am

Louis van Gaal says Manchester United have offered David de Gea "a lot of money" in a bid to keep the goalkeeper at Old Trafford. When asked how negotiations were progressing, Van Gaal said: "It can always happen. I am not the boss. I want him to stay. The player is the boss - he can say 'yes' or 'no'.

"You will have to ask David de Gea, not me. He has to sign. We have offered him a lot of money."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11667/9821186/louis-van-gaal-desperate-to-keep-de-dea

so pretty much said the same thing as Rodgers then.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue May 19, 2015 12:40 am

You guys know I've been on the sell Sterling train for a few months now. Nothing has changed except now it's an actual possibility Proud
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Tue May 19, 2015 12:40 am

MR BOND wrote:Louis van Gaal says Manchester United have offered David de Gea "a lot of money" in a bid to keep the goalkeeper at Old Trafford. When asked how negotiations were progressing, Van Gaal said: "It can always happen. I am not the boss. I want him to stay. The player is the boss - he can say 'yes' or 'no'.

"You will have to ask David de Gea, not me. He has to sign. We have offered him a lot of money."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11667/9821186/louis-van-gaal-desperate-to-keep-de-dea

Fair enough.

Don't see why you felt the need to bring up De Gea though. DDG hasn't created a fuss, hasn't downed tools like Sterling. My point is, there hasn't been a huge disruption to our team unlike this saga.

So what is your point? scratch
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Tue May 19, 2015 12:54 am

RED wrote:
MR BOND wrote:Louis van Gaal says Manchester United have offered David de Gea "a lot of money" in a bid to keep the goalkeeper at Old Trafford. When asked how negotiations were progressing, Van Gaal said: "It can always happen. I am not the boss. I want him to stay. The player is the boss - he can say 'yes' or 'no'.

Fair enough.

Don't see why you felt the need to bring up De Gea though. DDG hasn't created a fuss, hasn't downed tools like Sterling. My point is, there hasn't been a huge disruption to our team unlike this saga.

So what is your point? scratch
no point. but you said Rodgers and the club handled it badly by saying sterling was offered a great deal. and i just pointed out that lvg and man u handeled the same situation the same way. but as you said de gea and his agent have gone about it better than sterling and his agent. so if i was making any sort of point it was don't piss on Liverpool and Rodgers for how thay handle things when other clubs and managers are doing things the same way. Wink
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Tue May 19, 2015 2:13 am

I think because DDG knows his going this summer if he wants too, where as sterling is turning into a bitch because we won't let him.
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Tue May 19, 2015 6:10 am

If he asks for a move, I hope we sell him for £30m+. I've been disappointed with him this season and don't think he's going to become world-class. I rather sell such a player.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Tue May 19, 2015 7:30 am

I have been saying from last 10 months that Sterling is a c*nt of a player and a whore producing children and want to feed them with those 150k/week salary. People said it is unfair to call sterling a spoiled brat but he is one. But no matter what dont sell him unless we get in the region of 40m from ManCity and we all know if we hold on for big money, City will pay that much Laughing so so stupid so that club handled poorly, people cant get their head right sometimes.
And I hope we dont dump that 40m on Balotelli2, Markovic2, Borini2 and Allen2.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Tue May 19, 2015 7:39 am

Spoiled brat. Laughing

I really hope he signs a contract that's equal / less than what was offered by Liverpool.

To prove to everyone that Liverpool has no future right now to win shit.

Keep thinking about top 4 though. Rodgers had a good season. He lost Suarez etc.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next