Le Samourai
LeSwagg James
Great Leader Sprucenuce
dmize
Freeza
21 posters

Page 31 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 31 Empty Re: The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by The Franchise Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:23 pm

Yep dropping.

That lousy 32 7 and 7 on 50 is going to end his hopes for voters.

The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 31 Empty Re: The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by Blue Barrett Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:42 pm

dmize wrote:how are you gonna use all these John Hollinger stats and not use win shares.

Durant Winshares/48: .311
LeBron: .272

Durant PER: 30.6
LeBron: 29.5
And as I said, Durant's WS/48 was 0.320(Lebron 0.225) at the end of January, now its 0.311(Lebron 0.272). His PER was also 31(Lebron 28) and its 30.6(Lebron 29.4) now.

I don't think you read my post.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:42 pm

The Franchise wrote:Yep dropping.

That lousy 32 7 and 7 on 50 is going to end his hopes for voters.
:facepalm:

This is pointless. Never mind.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:43 pm

Jesus.

Do you know why Carlos Boozer has has a rating of 98, despite being quite possible the worst defender in the league. It's because despite being marketed as some sort of individual stat, it's almost entirely based of team defensive rating and the amount of points a team allows while a player is on the court, per 100 possessions. In the coming months, the Thunder's defence will be better, and Durant will have a better rating.

Same for offensive rating, it's all about the team, less so than defensive, but still enough to make the stat fairly difficult to use properly.

I've had this argument before, so I know how pointless this is....but think about this. Lets assume it matters as much as you think it does...How the hell do you authentically measure this shit for an individual player? They're not. They're weighting his stats across the teams base and coming up with something that's not going to deviate that much from the norm. No one is actually analysing the qualitative aspects on any given possession.

I'm not even going to bother with the win shares thing. I'll let you eat your own words with that when Durant scorches him there.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:55 pm

Blue Barrett wrote:
I don't think you read my post.

You're right Laughing
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

https://twitter.com/#!/dmizee

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:56 pm

Le Samourai wrote:Jesus.

Do you know why Carlos Boozer has has a rating of 98, despite being quite possible the worst defender in the league. It's because despite being marketed as some sort of individual stat, it's almost entirely based of team defensive rating and the amount of points a team allows while a player is on the court, per 100 possessions. In the coming months, the Thunder's defence will be better, and Durant will have a better rating.

Same for offensive rating, it's all about the team, less so than defensive, but still enough to make the stat fairly difficult to use properly.

I've had this argument before, so I know how pointless this is....but think about this. Lets assume it matters as much as you think it does...How the hell do you authentically measure this shit for an individual player? They're not. They're weighting his stats across the teams base and coming up with something that's not going to deviate that much from the norm. No one is actually analysing the qualitative aspects on any given possession.                        

I'm not even going to bother with the win shares thing. I'll let you eat your own words with that when Durant scorches him there.
These are two cases were its actually a pretty strong case. Its VERY clear that Durant has improved a lot on defense this season. Even if you don't want to look at stats, the eye test will tell you Durant has been really good on D this year. We all know Boozer is horrible especially one on one but that's why Noah is the anchor to that defense more than anyone else. Before this season, Durant had good Drtg's almost every year but mostly because of Ibaka but its a very valid stat to use for him now since he has clearly improved and is an important part of their defense. I don't have enough time to look up the stats but I'm also 100% certain  OKC are a couple of points better defensively with Durant on the floor than when he's off. I don't need to mention to you that when Lebron plays lazy defense(which he has for about the first 42 games of the season), Miami suffer defensively, especially since they have no legit C in the paint. I know that argument you're making and I've had it before as well. I agree the stat doesn't tell the whole story sometimes, but other times(like now) its a very good indicator. Which is why I brought it up in the first place. I wouldn't be bringing up Chalmers' Drtg versus Kyrie/Wall even if his numbers are better. Its clear watching the games that he's almost always the worst defender in the lineup not named Ray Allen and his numbers are spiked because of the team defense(which is why Norris Cole was drafted). That's a case where the stat is worthless.

And about the win shares, I don't know how many times I have to repeat myself but I'll do it this time again. Durant was BLOWING LEBRON OUT OF THE WATER on win shares as of early February. Now the numbers are a lot closer. Which is the actual point of my initial post.

F**k me! Laughing
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:58 pm

Okay, the numbers are a lot closer.

LeBron isn't even 2nd or 3rd in WS though. When he is you'll have a point.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:05 pm

Lebron is actually 3rd behind Kevin Love, but we all know Love is not even top 10 in the MVP discussion so I don't see why that wouldn't count now. Again, there's still a substantial margin but like I've been saying, its a lot closer than what it was and there's still 27 games or so left to play.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:10 pm

CP3 and him are tied at .272

Yeah the gap has closed but he's not going to catch KD in that stat. It would take OKC falling off a cliff for that to happen.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:12 pm

I agree.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:18 pm

dmize wrote:Okay, the numbers are a lot closer.

LeBron isn't even 2nd or 3rd in WS though. When he is you'll have a point.

He's 2nd in win shares, and tied for 3rd in win shares per 48 minutes  Very Happy 
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:32 pm

Butler is a good pick up for OKC. Not sure if he'd cut into Jones' minutes but then again I'd rather trust an experienced player in the playoffs.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:32 pm

http://www.basketball-reference.com/leaders/ws_top_10.html

He's actually 3rd in WS as well. That's cumulative though, I think WS/48 is better(CP3 is no where to be found on that because he's played a lot less mins than the others).
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:41 pm

http://instagram.com/p/k81oUvuGP4#

http://instagram.com/p/k84gpcOGCE/#

rofl

dude is making 22m spending his time shooting on a Fisher-price

Livin the dream
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:46 pm

FFS how long was his contract?! rofl

How is he still earning? rofl
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:51 pm

It's his last year on the deal. I guess he'll try to get on a roster next year.

It was like 6 years 120 mil or something
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:53 pm

Worst contract in the history of the league Laughing
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Sat Mar 01, 2014 2:09 am

That's a pretty sweet net, much better than the pieces of shit I grew up with.. Might pick one up eco smile
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:49 am

Curry dat triple double tho Proud

Think that's his 3rd this season.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Sat Mar 01, 2014 2:04 pm

The league has already told LeBron to stop wearing the black mask... Does it really matter what color it is? :facepalm:

Spoiler:
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Mar 01, 2014 2:10 pm

I can see that gif scaring some kids tbf Swagg Laughing
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Sat Mar 01, 2014 2:38 pm

Think they banned Kobe's black mask last year or so when he had one.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 Sat Mar 01, 2014 4:39 pm

Someone needs to put a side by side gif of lebron screaming with the mask on and an Orc from LOTR Laughing
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

https://www.youtube.com/user/juveman176

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:10 pm

At a UConn - Cincinnati match right now. Anyone I should be watching out for?
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Sat Mar 01, 2014 7:54 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:At a UConn - Cincinnati match right now. Anyone I should be watching out for?

A little late but the UCONN PG Shabazz Napier..
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Sat Mar 01, 2014 7:55 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:I can see that gif scaring some kids tbf Swagg Laughing

What's scary about a black man wearing a black mask and screaming?  hmm
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 31 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next