CBarca
Great Leader Sprucenuce
El Gunner
Freeza
Luca
15 posters

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread Empty The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by Luca Mon Feb 26, 2018 4:51 pm

We have Blake cuck Griffin and the Pistons tonight in Toronto

We should win

Luca
J Council Master

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread Empty Re: The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by Freeza Mon Feb 26, 2018 5:39 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:They are not on a similar level lol.

AD is better defensively, he's a better finisher around the rim, he's better at creating his own shot, he's better in the post, he has a better shot all over the floor including 37% from 3 this year, better rim protector and I could go on.

Only areas Giannis has him beat is playmaking and ball handling but Nikola Jokic beats him there too so I suppose he's better too.

As for tonight, we came back from down 17 in your house and he was better than Giannis in pretty much every department.

It's just a stupid argument with no validity.

So this is your post where you wrote how Giannis was so much inferior in every single skill set.

Better finisher. Who is that?

Finishing 0-3 feet:
Giannis: .761%
Davis: .746%

Advantage: Giannis. Combine that with Giannis shooting more of his shots at the rim at a higher percentage. Giannis shoots .466% of his FGA from 0-3 feet, while Davis shoots .378% of his shots from 0-3 feet.
The fact that Giannis shoots such a high volume at the rim should make his percentage go down. It's incredible how good of a finisher he is.

Playmaking: You make this seem like it's something small being better at creating plays for others. It's an incredible abillity that makes Giannis Unique from everyone else in the league at his size

You say Giannis is only better at playmaking. Meanwhile you mention jump shooting like it's three different skills, I don't disagree with this, but it's very reductive to Giannis' actual abilities in the playmaking department.

Also Jokic is incredible on offene, so I won't allow the slander.

I don't know why you're so baffled that someone would pick Giannis over Davis.

I can mention so many ways he's better if you want to get specific

Finishing, positional versatility on offense and defense, durability, speed, strenght, ball handling, perimeter defense, passing, p&r ball handler, post passer, win shares, getting to the free throw line (not good at shooting though. But draws more fouls), rebounding is the same level literally 16,4% TRB.

The point both me and CB is trying to make is that they're both top tier future MVP level players. Everyone on the planet seems to agree.

Id there was a fantasy draft tomorrow I'd pick Giannis because of his durability and positional versatility on both offense and defense. Also that he started playing fairly late and seems to be improving at an incredible rate. Never really seen many players with this kind of improvement.

Every single team should be estatic to have any player at their level. Or even the level below.

Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread Empty Re: The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by Freeza Mon Feb 26, 2018 5:44 pm

Luca wrote:We have Blake cuck Griffin and the Pistons tonight in Toronto

We should win

Please do. Derozan has been sneakily impressive from the little I've seen of Toronto. Maybe watched around 3-4 games.
Hard to see why he looks better this year when he isn't really better in many stats. Seems like the team just has gelled more. I'll be interested in how they do in the playoffs.

I could see them advancing. Cleveland might have been overhyped after the trade. People hyping up Nance and Clarkson as saviours and they'll make LeBron stay when people said LeBron wouldn't play for Lakers because they didn't have players. And those two were out expendable players.

Lakers have Hawks tonight. Really hoping they turn up the tank. Lonzo hopefully gets his minutes limit raised.

He had 9/7/6 and 3/6 from 3 in 17 minutes last game, which was incredible.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Mon Feb 26, 2018 5:50 pm

Our bench is a big reason

But the biggest reason is we've completely changed the way we play offense, a night and day difference from our iso-ball centered around Lowry/DeMar from seasons past

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:42 pm

Eyebrows >>> Freak of Greece

what is this disrespect ffs
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:52 pm

El Gunner wrote:Eyebrows >>> Freak of Greece

what is this disrespect ffs

Not disrespectful tbh. They were incredibly even matched when they guarded eachother this game.

AD went 3 for 10 and scored 6 points and 1 turnover while being guarded by Giannis on 33 possesions.

Giannis went 2 for 8 and scored 8 points and 0 turnovers while being guarded on 37 possessions. They are both incredible players that can basically lock down eachother.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:58 pm

^^ Okay, good.

Take a look at this though eco smile

Three billboards in Cleveland, Ohio bought to entice LeBron James to move on to Philadelphia
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:23 pm

I gave the reasons why i'm baffled Freeza, not sure why it's so hard to understand.

I never denied he's an amazing player lol, also i haven't understated the playmaking part at all. Although i get the feeling you and CB have both understated my arguments to the point of ignoring them where it suits you.

Also as i mentioned ( i shouldn't have to keep my repeating myself but here we are)

EG is right it's unreal disrespect.... for the reasons i mentioned in the previous post.

Specifically this here....

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:

Giannis best season before this year was last year when he averaged 22 points a game, something Davis is AVERAGING for his career and done it 4 times over.

Whether you like it or not you are absolutely hyping up the new young star as the stats prove.

Oh and BTW AD has only had one more season in the NBA than Giannis and performed at a top 10 player in the league level for like 4 seasons now.

This is what i mean by disrespectful, this is Giannis first season of his career playing at a top 10 player level.

Where as Davis has been playing at this level for like 4 seasons despite only being in the league one season longer(which basically negates Giannis progressing at this amazing never before seen rate nonsense btw), how is that fair?

I get that most people like to hype up the new young talent, i experienced people doing the same thing with Davis.

Hell i was saying on here how Davis is overrated a couple of years ago and people were treating him on what he could be rather than what he is.

Tbh you are doing the same thing with Giannis now, crowning him before he's king.

I don't want to have to keep explaining this but it's hard when i put the time and effort into posts and have two people flat out ignoring points and only bringing up points ( even twisting my words and claiming things i didn't say or completely changing the argument) that suit them so we have constant merry go round.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:21 pm

Giannis averaged 23 points as a 22 year old and is the youngest to ever put up 22/8/5 for a season.
Davis averaged 24 as a 22 year old.

Giannis now at 23 averages 27,6
Davis when he was 23 averaged 28,0

Yeah really outrages to say they’re at a similar level.

Giannis has performed at this level (top 10 player) for almost two seasons. This is who he is and he keeps improving.

Comparing them from who they were as rookies is not really comparable given their experience at those times. Giannis had played ball for four years and was an extremely raw prospect so it makes sense Davis would start out better. Giannis’ progression is incredible because he’s exceeded everyone’s expectations for even the best case scenario. Davis was touted as a generational talent out of high school.

I don’t see why a player has to perform for four years plus. When it’s obvious he’s a legit elite player.

There’s a reason Giannis was so highly regarded even before this season and was voted as the second player GM’s would pick to start a franchise today.

There’s has never been such a versatile player in the time I’ve watched bball.

But yeah time will tell. No reason to keep going on about this. I know who I’d pick if I had the choice so we’ll just have to disagree.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:14 am

This is what you're not taking into account when you look at Giannis's improvement. You keep talking about Davis. Two different worlds as far as development.

AD came out of college extremely polished already as a rookie, and to his credit, has grown and developed since then. He was the consensus #1 pick and college national champion (I think), and was applauded as the best college basketball player that year (as well as one of the better ones of the last couple years). Before college, he had a great high school career where he was the #1 recruit.

Giannis started playing basketball at a competitive level 4 years before he got drafted. He was picked 15th overall as a reach and a project by the Bucks, and was NBA all-rookie second team (not even 1st) his rookie year. Second year he put up a respectable 12.7, 6.7 rebounds.

Last year (his 4th) he became the first NBA player ever to be top 20 in points, rebounds, assists, blocks, and steals. He was only the 5th player in history to lead his team in all 5 major statistical categories. He was an NBA all star, he was a top 10 player. He was most improved player.

This year he's gotten even better.

Giannis improvements are absolutely incredible. He won't continue like this, of course, but that's why it's worth pointing out, and why you're wrong about his improvements. Went from an extremely raw prospect to a top 10 player.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:37 am

Had 53 and 17 with 5 blocks tonight as well, Giannis is better doe.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:50 am

Freeza last things I'm going to say on this.

He wasn't a top 10 player last year, 22 and 8 on a team who were incredibly lucky to make the playoffs in the East by one game isn't top 10 worthy.

Embiid has been better this year than Giannis was last year and I don't think he's top 10 either tbh, league is stacked.

Also you are entitled to disagree but I don't think it's fair to a player who has consistently performed at this level for 4 years+ to a player who has performed at it for one.

When you perform over multiple seasons you earn the right to have that respect, Giannis hasn't earnt that right yet.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:32 am

He was all nba second team though. That is top 10 quite literally.

He’s playing at an unprecedented level for someone his age. They both are generational players and they’ll dominate for years to come.

And I don’t see how you can use playoff arguments against his quality. It’s not like AD has separated in that department.
___

Just finished the Atlanta game ffs

Ingram and Lonzo are incredible talents. Really seeing how much of a waste Russell was with that second pick now. These two players are so god damn efficient for 20 year olds. Lonzo has really mastered his trebuchet shot and it’s great.

Isaiah also getting better every game. Wouldn’t mind him staying long term if he play off the bench and play on a discount. Don’t think there’s many looking to sign him.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:36 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:

Had 53 and 17 with 5 blocks tonight as well, Giannis is better doe.

Generational talent Proud

I was told stats against Phoenix don’t count though. hmm
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:37 am

Wait. He shot 26 free throws? Laughing

God damn Phoenix..

Not used to that many. Refs never call anything in lakers games
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:03 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Freeza last things I'm going to say on this.

He wasn't a top 10 player last year, 22 and 8 on a team who were incredibly lucky to make the playoffs in the East by one game isn't top 10 worthy.

Embiid has been better this year than Giannis was last year and I don't think he's top 10 either tbh, league is stacked.

Also you are entitled to disagree but I don't think it's fair to a player who has consistently performed at this level for 4 years+ to a player who has performed at it for one.

When you perform over multiple seasons you earn the right to have that respect, Giannis hasn't earnt that right yet.

my perspective as well
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:35 pm

Ingram and Randle have been incredible this month.
Really hope we can get Randle on a reasonable deal. That damn Deng contract though...

Randle in Feb: 19.4/9/4.3 on 58% he’s been incredibly shit on FTs though...

Ingram: 18.6/5.4/5.2 on 55/52/78 and he’s f’ing 20.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:38 pm

Freeza wrote:Wait. He shot 26 free throws? Laughing

God damn Phoenix..

Not used to that many. Refs never call anything in lakers games

He fouled out literally every big on their roster Laughing

This was a legit conversation between Josh Jackson and Jrue Holiday

Jackson" Jrue he's got 51 points"

Jrue" Yeah, look every big on your roster is sitting over there, that's what he does ". rofl
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:45 pm

Freeza wrote:Ingram and Randle have been incredible this month.
Really hope we can get Randle on a reasonable deal. That damn Deng contract though...

Freeza wrote:Ingram and Randle have been incredible this month.

I like Randle a lot, you think you'll keep him still? feels like he's been forever on the trading block for two years Laughing
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:54 pm

It's so hard to say. I think it depends on LeBron and whatever Klay and Kawhi says to Pelinka when he commits tampering.

I would love to keep Randle if we sign Paul George and no one else. It all depends on who we'll sign. We can't commit too much cap if they don't think Randle is a future star or at least really good player.

Personally I feel Randle deserves to be re-signed. He's done everything asked of him. And if we somehow can move Deng's contract it's possible to sign two max players this year while keeping Randle.

We have a limited window with this cap space though. Because Ingram is gonna be rightfully demanding a max contract in two years when he's probably at least a fringe all star.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:15 pm

God I hope Davis wins MVP.

Nothing would make me happier to see Harden lose again.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:48 pm

It would be difficult for AD to win with superior Giannis in the league (@mole)

I would absolutely love it if Anthony Davis wins it but I feel like Harden won it from last season, they had to give it to Westbrook then just like they have to give it to Harden now

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:57 pm

Freeza wrote:God I hope Davis wins MVP.

Nothing would make me happier to see Harden lose again.

He doesn't have a chance lol, this talk is incredibly ridiculous ( not from you but the current MVP hype from the media)

Realistically Harden is leagues ahead for any MVP case, we'd have to get the 3 seed and his numbers maintain or some ridiculous shit.

Which isn't happening for obvious reasons.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:20 pm

It isn't ridiculous. The narrative for Davis is beginning. A big win streak and it'll happen.

Harden being abysmal on defense will turn off a lot of voters. Same with the Rockets being the most unwatchable good team of all time.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:26 pm

Most NBA media people who have votes don't consider Houston unwatchable though.

Also there's another reason why this won't happen, our schedule is *bleep* insane because the NBA is moronic.

There's a period in March where we play on the 21st, 22nd AND 23rd.

Eventually Davis body will give out because we don't have enough depth or quite frankly genuine quality.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next