Le Samourai
LeSwagg James
Great Leader Sprucenuce
dmize
Freeza
21 posters

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by B-Mac Thu Jan 23, 2014 6:58 pm

Raptors beat scrubby Pacers and OKC

DeRozan mvp ffs :bow:

B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by Blue Barrett Thu Jan 23, 2014 7:24 pm

Another 27 game win streak would seal the deal :coffee:
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Thu Jan 23, 2014 7:33 pm

Why settle for 27, when you're as arrogant as you lot? seriously Laughing
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Thu Jan 23, 2014 7:34 pm

You're right. 30 would do.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Thu Jan 23, 2014 7:43 pm

Trust me, neither the deals are happening.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Jan 23, 2014 7:46 pm

Juveman17 wrote:John wall didn't get called up but Damian Lilard
did :facepalm:

Laughing

You need to put your fandom away mate.... Lillard is better than Wall and what's more his team is actually above .500....
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Thu Jan 23, 2014 7:56 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
Juveman17 wrote:John wall didn't get called up but Damian Lilard
did :facepalm:

Laughing

You need to put your fandom away mate.... Lillard is better than Wall and what's more his team is actually above .500....
TBH they're very very close. Lillard has a better Jumper, but other than that, Wall is better at everything else.
And Lillard is playing on a team where he isn't the best player, that's much easier than to carry a team where the other top players are Gortat, Ariza and Beal.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:01 pm

Don't see that personally.... the only thing Wall is really better at is penetrating the defense to allow open looks on the perimeter.

Also put Wall on the Blazers and they are significantly worse team than they are now.

Also being an accomplished jump shooter is a pretty big thing, if you can shoot from pretty much anywhere at a good percentage like Lillard can that outweighs a lot of things.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:12 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Don't see that personally.... the only thing Wall is really better at is penetrating the defense to allow open looks on the perimeter.

Also put Wall on the Blazers and they are significantly worse team than they are now.

Also being an accomplished jump shooter is a pretty big thing, if you can shoot from pretty much anywhere at a good percentage like Lillard can that outweighs a lot of things.
I think Wall would make Blazers better imo, could easily draw a lot of people into the paint and create better looks for the shooters. Also he would offer much needed penetration. Blazers rely way too much on jump shooting. John Wall could abuse other teams with that spacing, because he is an elite finisher and probably the most athletic PG in the league with Westbrook. If he can improve his jumper more in the next 2 years, to where he can hit it consistently. I think he'll be the best PG in the league.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:25 pm

Woahhhh.... he's a good player but potentially best PG in the league if he improves his jump shot?

Nah i can't see that.... its not just about spacing and finishing.

His general basketball IQ is nowhere near the likes of CP3 and Parker.

For starters Westbrook is better than him in every department even if he improves his jumper and i don't consider Westbrook the best.

But if we are talking about purely explosive, athletic PGs he's still not the best.

That's without mentioning the likes of Curry, there's too many great PGs around atm for him to be considered THAT good.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:28 pm

Gil wrote:He allowed that scrub Reggie Jackson to abuse him for like 6 or 7 straight possessions though.

And Dwight > Cousins. U mad brah?

Huh......point guard defence...what's that?

Cousins got injured before owning him again...what r u on about lol
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:31 pm

Lebron fangirls getting pissy already I see.

Trying to decide the MVP in Jan based on 1 game Laughing

No matter, not like Lebron can guard Durant anyway. Durant going for 35 on his head at least. Cry more?
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:31 pm

Put Wall on the Balers and they're a better team, I got zero doubt there. The individual difference isn't that strong, but Wall brings some things Lillard don't.

Probably the best fast break runner in the league now that Nash is about done, gets to the rim better, and a significantly, significantly better defender.

I don't think they get enough early offence, and I don't think anyone on that team gets to the rack very very well.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:34 pm

The Franchise wrote:Lebron fangirls getting pissy already I see.

No matter, not like Lebron can guard Durant anyway. Durant going for 35 on his head at least. Cry more?

With their D right now?

Try 40-50 easy.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:35 pm

You can tell Gil wasn't watching the game as well as Parker wasn't even guarding Jackson when he went off he was guarding Sefolosha. Laughing

Anyway Josh i agree on getting to the rim as i already mentioned it and your right about fast break runner.

But does that cancel out all the things Lillard does for that team? nah not for me.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:40 pm

They don't need what Lillard does, but it's good to have. Everything Wall offers, is something that their team needs. They score the same amount of points, on same FG percentages. Difference is the 3 ball, and that's the thing Blazers have plenty of. So Wall would improve them, because he offers another option, if the jumpshots aren't falling.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:51 pm

Tbf while Batum and Wes Matthews score a lot of 3s its nowhere close to the amount Lillard does.

Lillard has 131 3s compared to Wall's 47.

That's a lot of god damn 3s to give up, i get what your all saying but its easy to say all he has is a better jumper.

I don't think that's true but even if it is, that's a pretty massive thing to have.

Having a point guard who has a great mid range game as well as a reliable option to hit from 3 is nothing to sniff at.

It means the defense can't give you too much space, at least against Wall and plenty of teams have done this you can sit back and tease him to take the shot.

You can't do that with Lillard.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:57 pm

Matthews is on 113 3s, as a role player, that's pretty close to 131 considering he is only joint 3rd scoring option with Batum. I don't think they'll get anywhere without a great finisher. Blazers are doomed if they don't shoot lights out, because they rely on the 3 and their defense is not good.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:58 pm

What is going on in the NBA nowadays...............?
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:03 pm

Yea, I respect that. I think it's a very fair argument as to who is better (I have Wall, for defence, but the argument is there).

But think about it like this.

Wall is going to score the same, on about the same percentages, and involve people alot better. They're going to really miss Lillard with Aldridge on the block, but from what I've seen, that's where he's least comfortable.

Where Wall comes in, you have guys like Batum running, shooting more. I can see him getting a full five points more a night.

You have Aldridge getting more open jumpers, and he's automatic.

And you definitely have more defence. That's huge in general, but will be really crucial when you have to guard Curry, Westbrook, Dragic and all these other dudes, especially considering the Lopez and ain't the best in the league at protecting the rim.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:09 pm

The Franchise wrote:Lebron fangirls getting pissy already I see.

Durant has never and will never go for 35 with Lebron guarding him.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:13 pm

Blue Barrett wrote:Durant has never and will never go for 35 with Lebron guarding him.

Didn't Durant score 40 last year @OKC?
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:14 pm

Off the top of my head he had more than that in game 1 of the NBA finals, granted Lebron got scared and didnt want to gaurd him but thats hardly to Lebrons credit is it Laughing
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:15 pm

Last year in the regular season Durant averaged 37 ppg in the 2 matches against Miami. So unless LeBron was afraid of guarding him, he scored 35 on him.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:16 pm

The Franchise wrote:Off the top of my head he had more than that in game 1 of the NBA finals, granted Lebron got scared and didnt want to gaurd him but thats hardly to Lebrons credit is it Laughing

I still don't get that.
Don't really guard him for game 1 but the next 4 you're all over him?

izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:19 pm

Nah, lets be real, when Durant was on Lebron and vice versa, Lebron was mauling him. He still scored his thirty almost every game, but it was a weak thirty.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next