Juventude
Cotes
Tomwin Lannister
pedrosom
DeviAngel
34 posters

Page 4 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12 ... 21  Next

Go down

- Mr. Antonio Conte | Former Coach 2011-2014 -  - Page 4 Empty Re: - Mr. Antonio Conte | Former Coach 2011-2014 -

Post by juve_gigi Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:16 pm

elmystique wrote:
juve_gigi wrote:
elmystique wrote:and what Juve needed was a quality SS because Vucinic and Gio were failures and thats why we got Tevez..... we needed a good CF because Quags and Mehtri are/were failures too its as simple as that....
Yes I agree Kwame.  The money we spent for Vucinic and Gio was what $30 million?  Guess what you can buy for $30 million these days?  Yeah a Jovetic and some fries...
Fiorentina made t clear to us they won't sell Jovetic to us.... it was clear.....

a 29 yr old Tevez vs Jovetic, I will take Tevez everyday.....

Jovetic is NOT worth 30 million currently or based on Fiore form last year, Juve had other targets in other positions to get and couldn't waste 30m on Jovetic

we are still paying for loans of the stadium.......

Conte asked for Llorente and Tevez, stop acting like he did not....
I agree about Tevez. But Tevez can play as a CF so Jovetic and Tevez could have surely played together like Vucinic and Tevez play right now. As for Jovetic, $30 million these days isn't alot of money for a top striker. Higuain went for $40 million, so it's not incomprehensible that Jovetic was worth $30 million. Time will tell.

I don't recall Conte specifically asking for Llorente, but I could be wrong. But even if he did, Conte saw what we all saw from Llorente when he was playing regularly in La Liga. The fact that he has not played alot in over a year and half tells me he's not quite the same player he was two years ago and needs more time to adjust.

juve_gigi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

- Mr. Antonio Conte | Former Coach 2011-2014 -  - Page 4 Empty Re: - Mr. Antonio Conte | Former Coach 2011-2014 -

Post by Luca Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:18 pm

juve_gigi wrote:
Luca wrote:Yeah that's better. Conte immune to criticism but its all Marotta's fault. Conte said in public Juventus cannot compete financially but it's Marotta's fault for not signing Higuain and Jovetic. Now it makes sense, it's easier to blame the person you don't see than the one you do.

Now tell me, we haven't seen Llorente train at Vinovo, that's true. But I would bet you haven't seen Juventus' financials either to the degree that Marotta and those who manage and spend the money have. Ask yourself: why would Marotta not sign the best player he could, if he could? Do you think he chose Matri over Benzema or Vucinic over Aguero? Or do you think these decisions make themselves? Next time you go into the grocery store get 100 dollars worth of items and when it's time to pay break out a 50 and see what happens. Marotta shops within his budget and Conte understands that, it's a shame it's difficult for fans to comprehend this notion 3 years later.

But alas, I blame FIFA and the way it's corrupted our minds. We need Coentrao and Nani to make our non-existent 4-3-3 work! Unbelievable stuff.

#FIFAout
We paid $25 million for a flop in Melo, another $25 million for a flop in Diego, another $12 million for a flop in Martinez, $15 million for a flop in Krasic, should I go on?  Do you think FIAT has stopped selling cars since these flops were purchased and now we have no money?  Juve has been spending hundreds of millions of dollars on players over the last 5 years or so, we spent $80 million alone on just those 4 flops I  mentioned.  Maybe someone can add up all the money we spent on transfers the last 5 years, I am sure it is well over $300 million.  The money is there.  It has always been there.  If you don't believe this then you aren't paying attention to the money trail.  If we had $25 million lying around to buy a flop in Melo then surely that same $25 million plus maybe another $10 million was lying around to buy a Higuain.  The problem is not whether or not we have the money, which is plain and obvious through previous purchases that we do, the problem is whether or not Agnelli wants to actually spend it and how Marotta distributes it throughout the team in terms of total player purchases.

The point I am trying to make is that if Marotta gives Conte someone like Elia or Llorente, and Conte can't integrate them into the team and they flop, what's Conte supposed to do?  You can't make chicken salad from chicken sh*t.  

I understand Marotta is working within a budget and I understand we may not have $40 million in the kitty to buy a Higuain so we are stuck getting a Llorente on a freebie.  But you can't blame Conte if the freebie Llorente sucks in practice and cannot play with Tevez, which is the most logical explanation as to why Conte is not playing him right now.  

Conte can only play the players he is given.  If he is given Matri over Benzema and Vucinic over Aguero then our play on the field will be reflected in those purchases.  We shouldn't have an expectation to win the scudetto every year and challenge for the CL title if Conte is given chicken sh*t to make chicken salad.
Melo, Diego and Amauri are not only not the product of Marotta but the exact reason why a player has not been signed for more than 20 million since them. It's an economic policy in work.

Juventus did spend millions, but that was to build a team, not for a crown jewel and who can say they've done poorly? Yes, there are a couple transfers you can point out and say they were poor but there are a number of good ones. And 9/11 of the players who started against Inter were signings made by the devil himself.

I applaud Juventus for not spending 30 million on Jovetic or meeting Real Madrid's price for Higuain because Marotta is showing us shrewd intelligent transfers in the form of Llorente- who is still rated in Spain even if your voodoo reasoning doesn't see him succeed in Italy and Tevez who is self explanatory.

Luca
J Council Master

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by elm_baraja_shaman Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:23 pm

DeviAngel wrote:
elmystique wrote:
DeviAngel wrote:Who the f* are we so Conte will explain himself to us? To tell us now at the beginning of the season and create trouble in the locker room or bed atmosphere ? .....
from the same analogy, I will say since people are claiming Conte is the one that sees what happens at Vinovo and e don't, I will take everything he has said about llo so far

"Llorente is doing very well at training"

"Lorente is a true professional who will greatly impact our game with a new dimension"

"llorente is doing well at training, but he is not fit yet after not playing much from a year and is coming from the Spanish league where defenses are weaker, but he is doing good at training"

"I will play llorente when he is ready, not to please the media"

i don't think that sounds like someone who is sucking at training, so why can he not be given a chance?

what will you say about llorente if he is sold in Jan/Summer if he is sold after getting only 30 mins of playtime in all those month, a flop because of Conte's faults? I hope not.......
What will I say? Nothing wish him the best.. All the players that Conte sold never became players : elia, Krasic, Martinez, Ziegler none of them made a career or have permanent club they can't prove themselfs  even in 3rd tier teams lmao so if Llorente leaves than he is nothing more than average player
bar krasic none of Elia or Martinez was tearing it up before we signed them, Conte didn't sign Martinez Del NERI did ....

Elia wasn't given even 20mins all season go ahead judge him... I see you don't watch Bremen much, he is good for them.... Krasic just lost it after us because he  sacrificed so much to  join us and we  just treated him badly, has it ever occurred to you it could be a psychological problem like you break up with a girl who gave her all to you and you laugh at her because she is not going out yet but you have moved on?

do you know why llorente lost his place at Bilbao? it wasn't because he sucked, it was because he signed for us...... before that he was tearing it up, but yeah lets go ahead and jump on the Conte bandwagon and take his word for it because llorente is sh*t....
elm_baraja_shaman
elm_baraja_shaman
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by juve_gigi Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:28 pm

Davide Moscardelli wrote:Papa just wanted to add the Conte specifically asks for the players he wants. Elia was wanted by Conte to be used in a 4-2-4 formation, to which we never used. The Elia saga is Conte's fault not Marotta.
I don't disagree that Conte asked for Elia, but if he can't play in Serie A what is Conte supposed to do? All that can be done is to let the player go and move on to someone else, which is what they did. As for Elia, is he even playing right now? He looks to be a total flop so Conte wasn't wrong not to use him and to get rid of him.
juve_gigi
juve_gigi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:30 pm

Are you serious? IT'S CONTE'S FAULT!

He specifically told Elia he would be a main part of the project and that he would be a starter! Then all of a sudden he joins the team and everything Conte told him ends up being a damn lie. Stop with that didnt adjust bull crap. Conte was completely wrong with the Elia situation.

How do you go from telling a man that he would be a main part of a project in a specific formation, them change the formation and say "He needs to adjust". How could he adjust with less than 90 minutes if playing time?

Last edited by Davide Moscardelli on Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

https://www.youtube.com/user/juveman176

Back to top Go down

Post by elm_baraja_shaman Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:31 pm

Elia is doing good at Bremen please go watch Bremen before you judge...

Martinez is and will always be sh*t, nothing to do with Conte.....

Krasic's issue seems psychological to me,he is still a good player if he can get over us....
elm_baraja_shaman
elm_baraja_shaman
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by elm_baraja_shaman Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:36 pm

Davide Moscardelli wrote:Are you serious? IT'S CONTE'S FAULT!

He specifically told Elia he would be a main part of the project and that he would be a starter! Then all of a sudden he joins the team and everything Conte told him ends up being a damn lie. Stop with that didnt adjust bull crap. Conte was completely wrong with the Elia situation.

How do you go from telling a man that he would be a main part of a project in a specific formation, them change the formation and say "He needs to adjust". How could he adjust with less than 90 minutes if playing time?

people's analogical sense in this situations kills me, its like following a cannibalistic god whilst knowing eating your fellow man is wrong, but you question the logic not
elm_baraja_shaman
elm_baraja_shaman
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:38 pm

Like Tom said ,we'll see if Llorente will get any game time in the next month or so.If he doesnt,then another Elia situation will be in the offing for whatever 'mysterious reasons'.And that would be really unfortunate if that happens.Its not like he is getting to work with scrubs here.His transfer is 10x better than the Anelka or Bendtner signings atleast.

And as far as i know there doesnt seem to be any sort of 'attitude' issues with Llorente in his past.He is known to be a hardworking player as well.

Last edited by S on Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by juve_gigi Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:40 pm

Davide Moscardelli wrote:Also the whole "get what you pay for" thing is complete B.S. We got Pirlo and Pogba for free, Llorente for free when only a year earlier he was worth well over 20 euro. Also you saying he hasn't scored for Spain since 2010? He NEVER plays! I'm not getting into that but if you want to actually know about the situation with Llorente on the national team, ask Arq because he will vouch for me on this.
Pirlo was already a legend when we got him, Conte knew exactly what he was getting with Pirlo. We lucked out because Allegri, the mid table coach that he is, elected to play Ambrosini over Pirlo (LOL!!!) and so Milan let him go and we lucked out to get him for free. Normally players of Pirlo's talent are not on the market on a Bosman.

As for Pogba, apparently we were tracking him for years and he wanted to come to Juve, as Pogba said this himself. He was a Juventino since childhood because of our history with french players (Platini, Zidane, Trezeguet, Vieira). So again we had a player who was mismanaged at United and he wanted to come to Juve and Marotta scooped him up on a freebie, which may turn out to be his greatest transfer purchase ever.

As for Llorente, I understand his situation with the national team since he is Basque and I understand they had a value of $20 million on him at one time. I'm not saying Llorente is chcken sh*t, what I'm trying to say is that he hasn't played in over a year and a half, Spanish players typically do not play well in Italy, and he probably cannot adjust to Conte's tactics so as a result he is having problems adjusting to Italian football. I'm sure if he went back to Spain he probably would do well, but right now it looks like he is having a hard time adjusting to life with Juventus.
juve_gigi
juve_gigi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by elm_baraja_shaman Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:45 pm

juve_gigi wrote:
Davide Moscardelli wrote:Also the whole "get what you pay for" thing is complete B.S. We got Pirlo and Pogba for free, Llorente for free when only a year earlier he was worth well over 20 euro. Also you saying he hasn't scored for Spain since 2010? He NEVER plays! I'm not getting into that but if you want to actually know about the situation with Llorente on the national team, ask Arq because he will vouch for me on this.
Pirlo was already a legend when we got him, Conte knew exactly what he was getting with Pirlo.  We lucked out because Allegri, the mid table coach that he is, elected to play Ambrosini over Pirlo (LOL!!!) and so Milan let him go and we lucked out to get him for free.  Normally players of Pirlo's talent are not on the market on a Bosman.

As for Pogba, apparently we were tracking him for years and he wanted to come to Juve, as Pogba said this himself.  He was a Juventino since childhood because of our history with french players (Platini, Zidane, Trezeguet, Vieira).  So again we had a player who was mismanaged at United and he wanted to come to Juve and Marotta scooped him up on a freebie, which may turn out to be his greatest transfer purchase ever.

As for Llorente, I understand his situation with the national team since he is Basque and I understand they had a value of $20 million on him at one time.  I'm not saying Llorente is chcken sh*t, what I'm trying to say is that he hasn't played in over a year and a half, Spanish players typically do not play well in Italy, and he probably cannot adjust to Conte's tactics so as a result he is having problems adjusting to Italian football.  I'm sure if he went back to Spain he probably would do well, but right now it looks like he is having a hard time adjusting to life with Juventus.
yes never give him a chance but claim already he cannot fit into italian football instead of questioning Conte....

because we are all sitting on the Vinovo fence during training...
elm_baraja_shaman
elm_baraja_shaman
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by juve_gigi Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:51 pm

Davide Moscardelli wrote:Are you serious? IT'S CONTE'S FAULT!

Like I said before we know nothing about what goes on at Vinovo.  For all we know Elia could have practiced like sh*t and so Conte decided not to use him.  As for the switch in formations, yes Conte did switch formations but please understand before Conte arrived at Juventus he was just an average coach who had been fired by Atalanta.  Conte didn't turn into Europe's top coach until after he arrived at Juve.  So more than likely Conte had to adjust himself as well to get the best out of himself.

I am not sure why we are debating Conte's tactics and his coaching philosophy and how he runs his team.  3 years ago we were all begging for Juve just to become relevant again and be able to play in the CL.  Conte comes along and turns a 7th place team into an undefeated scudetto winner and takes us to another scudetto the year after and we make it to the quarter-finals of the CL and only lose to the eventual winners Bayern who completely destroyed Barcelona, and we complain because our freebie purchase Llorente is not getting enough playing time??  Too funny...
juve_gigi
juve_gigi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:57 pm

elmystique wrote:
DeviAngel wrote:
elmystique wrote:
DeviAngel wrote:Who the f* are we so Conte will explain himself to us? To tell us now at the beginning of the season and create trouble in the locker room or bed atmosphere ? .....
from the same analogy, I will say since people are claiming Conte is the one that sees what happens at Vinovo and e don't, I will take everything he has said about llo so far

"Llorente is doing very well at training"

"Lorente is a true professional who will greatly impact our game with a new dimension"

"llorente is doing well at training, but he is not fit yet after not playing much from a year and is coming from the Spanish league where defenses are weaker, but he is doing good at training"

"I will play llorente when he is ready, not to please the media"

i don't think that sounds like someone who is sucking at training, so why can he not be given a chance?

what will you say about llorente if he is sold in Jan/Summer if he is sold after getting only 30 mins of playtime in all those month, a flop because of Conte's faults? I hope not.......
What will I say? Nothing wish him the best.. All the players that Conte sold never became players : elia, Krasic, Martinez, Ziegler none of them made a career or have permanent club they can't prove themselfs  even in 3rd tier teams lmao so if Llorente leaves than he is nothing more than average player
bar krasic none of Elia or Martinez was tearing it up before we signed them, Conte didn't sign Martinez Del NERI did ....

Elia wasn't given even 20mins all season go ahead judge him... I see you don't watch Bremen much, he is good for them.... Krasic just lost it after us because he  sacrificed so much to  join us and we  just treated him badly, has it ever occurred to you it could be a psychological problem like you break up with a girl who gave her all to you and you laugh at her because she is not going out yet but you have moved on?

do you know why llorente lost his place at Bilbao? it wasn't because he sucked, it was because he signed for us...... before that he was tearing it up, but yeah lets go ahead and jump on the Conte bandwagon and take his word for it because llorente is sh*t....
please Elia was simply not good enough, he would made 2-3 dribbles and lose 6-7 balls per attack he was like disoriented chiecken we even tried him as CF he failed there to. I don't care who signed DN or Conte. Bonucci,Barza they were all signed under DN and shine. Tevez got his chance and shines, so obviously its not up to Conte but the players.. I watch Bremen more than you think but that is BREMEN not JUVENTUS. Matinez shined in Catania, Ziegler in Sampdoria so what? This is not psychological thing, Conte said will give Llorente a shot and I am sure he will. Elia had 3-4 chances, Llorente did they'll all get
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:59 pm

Once again, you are blinded in ignorance to our success. Success does not equal Conte is an immortal god who is never wrong and if we question him we are ungrateful.

Stop bringing up ANYTHING about the last 3 years because it is irrelevant. Conte is terrible with player morale which is a fact as seen in the past 3 years. Also, he is the one who chooses players NOT Marotta. Conte requests for the players he wants Papa. Elia was his fault. Krasic was his fault. If you're not going to use a player then *bleep* sell them don't make them ride the bench for the year after you lie to them about their place in your program.

Conte has been wrong, and will have more errors in the future. Just because I am critical of him does not translate to me being ungrateful. You people need to seriously stop saying "But he won us 2 Scudetto". IT'S IRRELEVANT TO THIS CONVERSATION!
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:02 pm

Devi you are blinded man how can you blame Elia? He got 20 minutes vs Bologna and another 20 vs Siena. How could you blame a guy who is promised a part in our program and then is promptly put on the bench for the whole season and given less than 90 minutes to prove himself?
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:10 pm

Davide Moscardelli wrote:Devi you are blinded man how can you blame Elia? He got 20 minutes vs Bologna and another 20 vs Siena. How could you blame a guy who is promised a part in our program and then is promptly put on the bench for the whole season and given less than 90 minutes to prove himself?
Because he is another Martinez nothing more he is average player. Pogba got only 20 mins his first game but you can see what's quality, I am not blinded obviously you are by feelings to a player when only 3 games passed ffs, Conte never promised start to anyone and we all know it. I love how he works, its not about the name but the trying and giving everything to honor the jersey. But you all talk for Llorente like its end of the season and he got no chance, we all saw he sucked in the friendlies he lacked orientation and everything, he didn't had his own sharpness give him time conte will give him chance and will brign him back he needs time nothing else.
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:16 pm

Devi no he isn't. Pogba is a small fish in a big pond. He is the exception to the rule.

How the hell is Llorente supposed to prove himself if he doesent get any minutes? The whole damn team was terrible in friendlies Devi and now your turning Llorente into a scapegoat which is completely wrong.
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:17 pm

Davide Moscardelli wrote:Devi no he isn't. Pogba is a small fish in a big pond. He is the exception to the rule.

How the hell is Llorente supposed to prove himself if he doesent get any minutes? The whole damn team was terrible I. Friendlies Fevi and now your turning Llorente into a scapegoat which is completely wrong.
the same as Tevez proved and whole team in training, I am not turning Llorente in scapgoat all I am saying time will tell its 3 game ffs calm the *bleep* down, spitting on coach who made us team again is wrong
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by elm_baraja_shaman Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:19 pm

like i said, so far as we are not "granted a day at Vinovo" to see who is telling the truth and who is not, we'll judge by what we see at the games, that is the fan measure, I urge you all to deal with it.....

fans and media judge by what they see in games, until Conte gives llorente a chance for us to see whether he is ready or not, adjusted or not, sh*t or not, the fault will forever be on Conte's head, his past with players does not help him either....

so the choice is yours whether you listen to Conte's lies or you would pressure him to play a player so we have good reason to rate him..... but please don't ask it of others to worship blindly if that is your case...
elm_baraja_shaman
elm_baraja_shaman
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by juve_gigi Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:23 pm

My last reply to this thread:

In 2009-2010 and 2010-2011 Juventus finished in 7th place in Serie A. Yes, no CL football, no Europa football, no scudetto, no Coppa Italia, no nothing. We were spending money like it was growing on trees and bought players like Amauri, Diego, Krasic, Martinez and Melo for almost $100 million with very little or zero return.

Conte takes over and turns a 7th place team into an instant Italian powerhouse, going UNDEFEATED his very first year and winning the scudetto, and then winning a second scudetto the following year. He then takes us to the quarter-finals of the Champions League, where we end up losing to the eventual champions Bayern. The same Bayern team that completely destroyed the previous champions, Barcelona, in the semi-final by a 7-0 aggregate. So losing to Bayern on a 4-0 aggregate shouldn't be a huge let down considering we didn't have Vidal and Lichtsteiner for our second leg.

This year has started off quite well with 2 wins in a row and a tie at San Siro with a tough and improving Inter squad who have a real coach in Mazzari.

But I am supposed to come onto this forum and read stuff like Conte doesn't now what the bleep he is doing, he is mismanaging all his players, his formations suck, he is stubborn and doesn't rotate his players properly, and so on and so on.

Well I guess you guys are right. Conte just doesn't know what the f*ck he is doing really. I am sure we will finish in 4th place this year, lose the scudetto and lose to Copenhagen in the CL. And then Conte will move on to another club. When that happens I am sure you will regret Conte leaving. As they say, you don't realize what you've got until it's gone. I believe that is a song. That song will ring true if Conte ever leaves our club. Mark my words...
juve_gigi
juve_gigi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:31 pm

Listen, Conte's been great for us and has done plenty of positive things.
And yes we've achieved our ojbectives. And now we have more. It's simple, that's football or just about anything really.

He's not immune to criticism and he makes mistakes. Now, it's true he knows the players better than we do. But he also knows everything to do with Juventus in a better detail than we do. Does that mean he can't make wrong choices despite having more information to go on? No, no it does not.

The fact is, Llorente was banging them in for Bilbao, he's not just some scrub who's finally been given the chance. He's made a name for himself in a major league before coming to us. He's needed him to gain fitness again. And I think a few months is more than enough to get 'fit'

for the love of god he was still training at Bilbao he's not some fat slob coming out of retirement. As for sharpness, he needs games. And if we play him soon against small teams then great. He has a chance and we can judge him with more information to go on. He also needs a couple of starts. No point judging him in a 20 minute interval.

And if Conte doesn't play him against the likes of Chievo and Livorno, then Conte clearly doesn't think he has anything to offer us. And then he will definitely be in the wrong.

It's like me buying a new pair of football boots, but sticking to the old ones and saying 'Well, the new ones haven't quite cut it for me. I don't see how they're going to be any good to me'

He would be dismissing an asset without seeing what it can do for him. Training sessions can only tell you so much.

So bottom line. If Conte starts Llorente in some cup/lower league games and he flops. That's fine. He had his chance

If he impressed, great. Then we'll see if Conte gives him time in important matches.

But if we don't start a striker who was quite a big deal 2 seasons ago in 3 or 4 games out of close to 50 then Conte has not given him a fair chance and his stubborn side will be shown again.

Last edited by Tomwin Lannister on Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by elm_baraja_shaman Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:32 pm

Gigi I have supported Juve since I was 8....... how many years of supporting is this...

as much as I never got the chance to watch much of the Baggios and Platinis like you remember a certain Pavel Nedved who sucked in his first 3-4 months at Juve but is now a legend....

I ask you had Conte being coach at that time, would Ned have improved with continuity?

I heard Platini neither had midas touch early on but picked up form due to play continuity...

matter is not all players have the Tevez like instant impact.....

some quality players need time through playing....

what if Conte was coach during the time of Platini or Nedved?

you answer me....
elm_baraja_shaman
elm_baraja_shaman
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:33 pm

Yeah all Conte lmao.
Marotta signs Vidal, Pirlo, Lichtsteiner, Vucinic to go along with Barzagli, Bonucci, Quagliarella and Matri who were signed the previous season.

He deserves no credit though because he didnt sign Aguero and he signed Martinez the season before Laughing

Conte is fantastic but he also has a fantastic group of players which were signed by Marotta and all were signed within 3 years.

Conte will be the first to tell you that this success is not his product alone and I guess I had higher hopes that people would be able to see that themselves

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by elm_baraja_shaman Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:38 pm

no one can lame Marotta now, he has done his best, everything else is Conte's fault...
elm_baraja_shaman
elm_baraja_shaman
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:40 pm

You guys act like we can't speak ill of Conte or else our juventus jerseys will catch fire when we wear them. It's absolutely disgusting and small minded to think that even the brightest and most successful people are immune to criticism. The fact is they are the target. Everyone looks for a weakness in their armour. Does that mean Conte isn't great? No, please, please attempt to comprehend this notion or stay out of the discussion if you're just coming in with your conte propaganda that is more gospel than fact.

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:42 pm

Yeah let's not switch the blame to a Man who's purchased enough players to build an elite team for, what?

Pirlo, Pogba and Llorente free

Barzagli 0.3M

Vidal 10.5M

Tevez 9M

etc etc

Marotta has been a complete revolution for us. BUT

Look at that BUT

He too has made mistakes, they are Human beings they aren't perfect and this is a football forum. Yeah, a football forum. This isn't a facebook picture comment section where you write the most positive comment you can think of for some 'likes'

Criticism (When it's fair) is a part of this, and there's f*ck all wrong with him

It's not like people are calling Conte a scrub. I think saying he's reluctant to give people chances in actual matches is more than fair. And just because he's the 'pro' doesn't mean we can't possibly be right when he's in the wrong

What happens when 'pro coach Number 1' tactically outsmarts 'Pro coach number 2' ?

Well, we can't possibly criticise 'Pro coach number 2' can we? I mean, he's a pro and must have made the perfect choice. Yes?

We're debating football, not pure facts like a simple maths equation.

Last edited by Tomwin Lannister on Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:43 pm

juve_gigi wrote:My last reply to this thread:

In 2009-2010 and 2010-2011 Juventus finished in 7th place in Serie A.  Yes, no CL football, no Europa football, no scudetto, no Coppa Italia, no nothing.  We were spending money like it was growing on trees and bought players like Amauri, Diego, Krasic, Martinez and Melo for almost $100 million with very little or zero return.

Conte takes over and turns a 7th place team into an instant Italian powerhouse, going UNDEFEATED his very first year and winning the scudetto, and then winning a second scudetto the following year.  He then takes us to the quarter-finals of the Champions League, where we end up losing to the eventual champions Bayern.  The same Bayern team that completely destroyed the previous champions, Barcelona, in the semi-final by a 7-0 aggregate.  So losing to Bayern on a 4-0 aggregate shouldn't be a huge let down considering we didn't have Vidal and Lichtsteiner for our second leg.

This year has started off quite well with 2 wins in a row and a tie at San Siro with a tough and improving Inter squad who have a real coach in Mazzari.

But I am supposed to come onto this forum and read stuff like Conte doesn't now what the bleep he is doing, he is mismanaging all his players, his formations suck, he is stubborn and doesn't rotate his players properly, and so on and so on.

Well I guess you guys are right.  Conte just doesn't know what the f*ck he is doing really.  I am sure we will finish in 4th place this year, lose the scudetto and lose to Copenhagen in the CL.  And then Conte will move on to another club.  When that happens I am sure you will regret Conte leaving.  As they say, you don't realize what you've got until it's gone.  I believe that is a song.  That song will ring true if Conte ever leaves our club.  Mark my words...
For the 1000000th time, ITS ALL IRRELEVANT TO THIS CONVERSATION
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12 ... 21  Next