Juventude
Cotes
Tomwin Lannister
pedrosom
DeviAngel
34 posters

Page 5 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13 ... 21  Next

Go down

- Mr. Antonio Conte | Former Coach 2011-2014 -  - Page 5 Empty Re: - Mr. Antonio Conte | Former Coach 2011-2014 -

Post by Juveman17 Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:43 am

juve_gigi wrote:My last reply to this thread:

In 2009-2010 and 2010-2011 Juventus finished in 7th place in Serie A.  Yes, no CL football, no Europa football, no scudetto, no Coppa Italia, no nothing.  We were spending money like it was growing on trees and bought players like Amauri, Diego, Krasic, Martinez and Melo for almost $100 million with very little or zero return.

Conte takes over and turns a 7th place team into an instant Italian powerhouse, going UNDEFEATED his very first year and winning the scudetto, and then winning a second scudetto the following year.  He then takes us to the quarter-finals of the Champions League, where we end up losing to the eventual champions Bayern.  The same Bayern team that completely destroyed the previous champions, Barcelona, in the semi-final by a 7-0 aggregate.  So losing to Bayern on a 4-0 aggregate shouldn't be a huge let down considering we didn't have Vidal and Lichtsteiner for our second leg.

This year has started off quite well with 2 wins in a row and a tie at San Siro with a tough and improving Inter squad who have a real coach in Mazzari.

But I am supposed to come onto this forum and read stuff like Conte doesn't now what the bleep he is doing, he is mismanaging all his players, his formations suck, he is stubborn and doesn't rotate his players properly, and so on and so on.

Well I guess you guys are right.  Conte just doesn't know what the f*ck he is doing really.  I am sure we will finish in 4th place this year, lose the scudetto and lose to Copenhagen in the CL.  And then Conte will move on to another club.  When that happens I am sure you will regret Conte leaving.  As they say, you don't realize what you've got until it's gone.  I believe that is a song.  That song will ring true if Conte ever leaves our club.  Mark my words...
For the 1000000th time, ITS ALL IRRELEVANT TO THIS CONVERSATION

Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://www.youtube.com/user/juveman176

Back to top Go down

- Mr. Antonio Conte | Former Coach 2011-2014 -  - Page 5 Empty Re: - Mr. Antonio Conte | Former Coach 2011-2014 -

Post by Juveman17 Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:46 am

Nobody is saying Conte doesn't know what he is doing. Nobody is saying he didn't win us 2 straight Scudetto. Nobody is saying he didn't lead us to a quarterfinal CL place. Nobody is saying he is an idiot. CAN WE STOP WITH THE NOSTAGLIC BS ONCE AND FOR ALL?

Stop making Conte into a god who must never be questioned. You are over exaggerating everything I am saying. Conte is a great coach. That's a given. But you're saying he is above us so we can't criticize him which is complete nonsense. Stop with this man seriously I don't know how many times I have to say this.
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:46 am

Conte is an incredible manager in a number of ways. I don't think player rotation is his strongest suit though. And the examples are evident. It's not even about Llorente who may very well flop. It's about rotation. The subs in the first 3 games have been poor against Inter I'm glad Isla was entered early enough because he grew into the game and in 20 minutes Quagliarella was very positive.

Luca
J Council Master

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by juve_gigi Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:39 am

elmystique wrote:Gigi I have supported Juve since I was 8....... how many years of supporting is this...

as much as I never got the chance to watch much of the Baggios and Platinis like you  remember a certain Pavel Nedved who sucked in his first 3-4 months at Juve but is now a legend....

I ask you had Conte being coach at that time, would Ned have improved with continuity?

I heard Platini neither had  midas touch early on but picked up form due to play continuity...

matter is not all players have the Tevez like instant impact.....

some quality players need time through playing....

what if Conte was coach during the time of Platini or Nedved?

you answer me....
Nedved was 29 and already a star at Lazio when Juve purchased him for $40 million. Lazio fans protested the sale. So that is quite a different situation than with Llorente. He also came to Juve to replace Zidane, who was sold in the summer, so Nedved had huge expectations placed on him from the beginning and I am sure his slow start at Juve had everything to so with the pressure of being at a big club as well as being Zidane's replacement. In any event, I am sure even Conte would have had patience with Nedved at the time given the huge investment that was made in him.

As for Platini, that was even before my time when he originally arrived at Juve after Italy won the World Cup in 1982. However, from what I remember Juve had about 7-8 players coming back from the national team that won the World Cup in the summer and so Platini was considered somewhat of an outsider at the time he arrived. He did struggle with the Italian game for awhile, but obviously was able to change course ending up winning both the Capocannoniere (top scorer in Serie A) and the ballon d'Or in his very first year with Juve.

Please understand I am not trying to say Conte has not made any errors or mistakes or that he shouldn't play Llorente right now. He obviously feels he is not ready for the Italian game right now and maybe he is just protecting him until he feels he is capable of playing his tactics. The fact that it took a 3 time ballon d'Or winner (Platini) several months to integrate himself into the Italian game should tell you that it is not inconceivable that a player like Llorente who was a very good player in La Liga would have some challenges playing in Serie A.

You know what Kwame, Conte may surprise you. Maybe Llorente gets a shot real soon and he shines. If that is the case then maybe Conte was right to wait a little longer to integrate Llorente into the lineup. Time will tell. I think you and others are jumping the gun a little bit because it has only been 3 games. Why don't we all take a deep breath and wait a few more games and see what happens. Maybe Conte will surprise us by starting Llorente in a real game very soon...
juve_gigi
juve_gigi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by juve_gigi Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:11 am

Davide Moscardelli wrote:Nobody is saying Conte doesn't know what he is doing. Nobody is saying he didn't win us 2 straight Scudetto. Nobody is saying he didn't lead us to a quarterfinal CL place. Nobody is saying he is an idiot. CAN WE STOP WITH THE NOSTAGLIC BS ONCE AND FOR ALL?

Stop making Conte into a god who must never be questioned. You are over exaggerating everything I am saying. Conte is a great coach. That's a given. But you're saying he is above us so we can't criticize him which is complete nonsense. Stop with this man seriously I don't know how many times I have to say this.
Stop screaming..

Haha, just kidding. I'm not saying you can't criticize him. What I am saying is you and I and everyone else on here DONT know what's going on at Vinovo. For all we know Llorente could be sucking balls in practice and so Conte is currently refusing to play him until he gets better acclimated with his tactics and the Italian game.

All I am really trying to say is Conte is the only one who knows for sure what is happening behind the scenes, we don't know jack, so I am TRUSTING the man who knows what is really going on and putting my faith in him. WHY am I trusting him and putting my faith in him?? Well it is because he has led us to two scudetti, an undefeated season and a quarter-finals in CL. That is why I keep bringing this up. Not for nostaglic reasons. I am bringing up the past because that is how you judge people and that is how you trust people, from past performance. You can't judge people on the future performance because it hasn't happened yet. So I am putting my faith in Conte based on what he has already accomplished. If he screws up then yeah I will criticize him, but last I checked we won our first two games this year and tied a good squad away from home, so what is their to criticize this year? The fact that your boy Llorente hasn't played yet? Who cares? As long as we win I don't give a sh*t who plays and who sits. As long as we win, that is ALL that matters. Criticizing the coach for who he plays and who sits and for player rotation when we are WINNING is stupid. It makes no sense. Let's wait until we actually lose 2 games in a row before we start to criticize Conte's tactics. Surely Conte deserves at least that much...
juve_gigi
juve_gigi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:13 am

Thing is, im not criticizing him for losing for example. I'm making a fan's observation that Conte is bad with some players and doesn't know how to properly rotate. He got away with it last year in Serie A but he won't be able to this time around. I'm merely making a point.
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by salmano9 Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:43 am

Juveman how about u stop blabbering about Conte? You dont see anything happening in the dressing room and u know nothing between conte and fernando.. keep ur mouth shut better cuz really this is getting so annoying and frustrating. Let the king do his job...
Maybe conte doesnt want to take risks.... who knows?!
salmano9
salmano9
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Malaga CF

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:49 am

salmano9 wrote:Juveman how about u stop blabbering about Conte? You dont see anything happening in the dressing room and u know nothing between conte and fernando.. keep ur mouth shut better cuz really this is getting so annoying and frustrating. Let the king do his job...
This forum is for discussion, not for a circle jerk to Conte's hair transplanted skull. Differences in opinion cause discussion. Posts like these are the real annoying ones because they add nothing of value. You called Conte a King, well history will tell us that even the peasants question the King sometimes and rightfully so. With success comes criticism, with defeat comes consequence. If he was a bad manager no one would even talk about him. Do you talk about Ferrara, Del Neri or Zaccheroni? No and it's not because they aren't around anymore, they aren't around anymore and it's for the reasons Conte is.

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:02 am

salmano9 wrote:Juveman how about u stop blabbering about Conte? You dont see anything happening in the dressing room and u know nothing between conte and fernando.. keep ur mouth shut better cuz really this is getting so annoying and frustrating. Let the king do his job...
rofl

not sure if 2013 or 16th century Counter-Reformation
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by salmano9 Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:25 am

Lool but the discussion is getting more and more ridiculous
salmano9
salmano9
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:28 am

Same was said aobut Bendtner last season that he won't get a chance and that kind of things but he did more than Quagliarella before he got injured and it was like his 2nd month here, lol so calm down
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:35 am

salmano9 wrote:Lool but the discussion is getting more and more ridiculous
It got ridiculous when you basically infringed on my free speech rights Laughing
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:36 am

rofl
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by nobionye Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:45 am

DeviAngel wrote:
Luca wrote:
DeviAngel wrote:Time will tell all but Conte didn't deserve some of the words here
You're right, some of us are being harsh but I think he can handle a little criticism every now and then and he certain isn't immune to it.

You just said he started an unfit player when he has three fit players on the bench and a champions league game days away. At the very least this is an error in judgment
because he was the only one fitting his gameplan and tactics
@ devi..since when did injured players start fitting with any coaches' game tactics and plans??
nobionye
nobionye
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:09 am

nobionye wrote:
DeviAngel wrote:
Luca wrote:
DeviAngel wrote:Time will tell all but Conte didn't deserve some of the words here
You're right, some of us are being harsh but I think he can handle a little criticism every now and then and he certain isn't immune to it.

You just said he started an unfit player when he has three fit players on the bench and a champions league game days away. At the very least this is an error in judgment
because he was the only one fitting his gameplan and tactics
@ devi..since when did injured players start fitting with any coaches' game tactics and plans??
first of all glad to have you back since I haven't seen a post from you in a while bro, second Conte doesn't see him as injured the same was with Pirlo and Vidal and Marchisio last season when they say they are fit and can play Cone lets them that's the flaw that I don't like about conte. It's not about injury or not its tactics and Vuci is the only one who suits that game great player who can hold the ball and pass it
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by nobionye Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:16 pm

DeviAngel wrote:
nobionye wrote:
DeviAngel wrote:because he was the only one fitting his gameplan and tactics
first of all glad to have you back since I haven't seen a post from you in a while bro, second Conte doesn't see him as injured the same was with Pirlo and Vidal and Marchisio last season when they say they are fit and can play Cone lets them that's the flaw that I don't like about conte. It's not about injury or not its tactics and Vuci is the only one who suits that game great player who can hold the ball and pass it
Hey Devi...its good to be here. Here's my tuppence;

Conte IS the king and deserves the confidence of the fans rightly. Juve's creaking trophy cabinet is my witness.

Secondly, if you dont sit on the vinovo fence during Juventus training, then relax bros...he sees something we don't. Perhaps saying that llorente trains well might actually be protecting a lazy player ( i am not saying he is lazy). Liken this to a school teacher telling the worried principal that a student having trouble adjusting to his new school is 'doing okay'. once again , not saying he is doing badly in training.

now on the other side,

dear conte, how the bleep is a player of Llorente's calibre allowed to sit on the bench for 3 matches straight. Even he hasnt made an official bow in the league this season. That's very disappointing. If he didnt fit your tactics, then why did you bother bringing him in?. That makes him dead weight and a drain on the wages bill. playing an injured vucinic is the height of a lack of confidence in llorente, and gio by extension. LLorente needs minutes if he has to hit form and so does every player in the world!!. Soon he'll be playing with the reserves as well.smh

Conte has depth in his squad, then why didnt he rotate his squad for inter to have fresh legs for the champions league match?. That's poor player management imo. If the players suffer from fatigue early on in the season, we know who to blame then.

if we play thesame formation in every match ....we will have to win matches by sheer hardwork and persistence not by blitzing the opponents like seasons past. The 'mister' needs to be more flexible with his formation. remember bayern last season.

and yes, conte DID destroy Krasic, no doubt whatsoever on this one.That man did a serial rapist job of our opponents before conte came, changed formation and still left him on the bench. He has been on a downward spiral since then. that what happens when a man is low on confidence. Someone rightly pointed out this with a love affair thingie.
I just hope llorente doesnt lose confidence and does a Krasic because tbh, i'd have typed up a transfer request and left space for the date if i were him. I wont stand watching worse players get starting shirts and a rigid minded coach that forgets about substitutions till the dying minutes.

As proud as i am to be a juventini, Conte does have his failings, he is human and makes mistakes. I only hope he learns from his mistakes last season. the conte project is still rolling boys, lets give it time to breathe.
safe
nobionye
nobionye
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:23 pm

nobionye wrote:
DeviAngel wrote:
nobionye wrote:@ devi..since when did injured players start fitting with any coaches' game tactics and plans??

Conte IS the king and deserves the confidence of the fans rightly. Juve's creaking trophy cabinet is my witness.

Secondly, if you dont sit on the vinovo fence during Juventus training, then relax bros...he sees something we don't. Perhaps saying that llorente trains well might actually be protecting a lazy player ( i am not saying he is lazy). Liken this to a school teacher telling the worried principal that a student having trouble adjusting to his new school is 'doing okay'. once again , not saying he is doing badly in training.

now on the other side,

dear conte, how the bleep is a player of Llorente's calibre allowed to sit on the bench for 3 matches straight. Even he hasnt made an official bow in the league this season. That's very disappointing.  If he didnt fit your tactics, then why did you bother bringing him in?. That makes him dead weight and a drain on the wages bill. playing an injured vucinic is the height of a lack of confidence in llorente, and gio by extension. LLorente needs minutes if he has to hit form and so does every player in the world!!. Soon he'll be playing with the reserves as well.smh

Conte has depth in his squad, then why didnt he rotate his squad for inter to have fresh legs for the champions league match?. That's poor player management imo. If the players suffer from fatigue early on in the season, we know who to blame then.

if we play thesame formation in every match ....we will have to win matches by sheer hardwork and persistence not by blitzing the opponents like seasons past. The 'mister' needs to be more flexible with his formation. remember bayern last season.

and yes, conte DID destroy Krasic, no doubt whatsoever on this one.That man did a serial rapist job of our opponents before conte came, changed formation and still left him on the bench. He has been on a downward spiral since then. that what happens when a man is low on confidence. Someone rightly pointed out this with a love affair thingie.
I just hope llorente doesnt lose confidence and does a Krasic because tbh, i'd have typed up a transfer request and left space for the date if i were him. I wont stand watching worse players get starting shirts and a rigid minded coach that forgets about substitutions till the dying minutes.

As proud as i am to be a juventini, Conte does have his failings, he is human and makes mistakes. I only hope he learns from his mistakes last season. the conte project is still rolling boys, lets give it time to breathe.
safe
This Thumbs up
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by elm_baraja_shaman Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:40 pm

nobionye wrote:
DeviAngel wrote:
nobionye wrote:@ devi..since when did injured players start fitting with any coaches' game tactics and plans??

now on the other side,

dear conte, how the bleep is a player of Llorente's calibre allowed to sit on the bench for 3 matches straight. Even he hasnt made an official bow in the league this season. That's very disappointing.  If he didnt fit your tactics, then why did you bother bringing him in?. That makes him dead weight and a drain on the wages bill. playing an injured vucinic is the height of a lack of confidence in llorente, and gio by extension. LLorente needs minutes if he has to hit form and so does every player in the world!!. Soon he'll be playing with the reserves as well.smh

safe
one of the best posts in a long time....

you should have seen the video of our team landing in Copenhagen, llorente looked very unhappy......

I side with you he should ask for a transfer than have to deal with a one tactic/player preference mad coach.......

I feel for the guy, learning Italian taking insults from Bilbao fans just for Juve only to be placed permanently on the bench and have a lyng coach keep telling people you are not ready....... and keep playing sh*t players bar Tevez ahead of you...

Bale barely trained and started at Madrid and scored......

Llorente according to Conte forgot to iron his shirt because it takes time "adjusting" to the irons in Italy because they are different from the world version

in_b4_Conte_worshippers
elm_baraja_shaman
elm_baraja_shaman
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:50 pm

new trend...........

inb4_conte_worshippers
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:53 pm

OMG bale played whoel season while Llorente was sub just few matches in Bilbao, its 3rd match can you stop acting like primadonas ffs ......

so many inslults towards Conte, calling him mad , f****r and so much more, its like you guys just wait for a reason for arguing and creating a mess .... I get civilized talk but this .. spitting on the one that ... ohh forget it I wonder why I still post in this thread ...
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by elm_baraja_shaman Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:57 pm

llorente was at preseason Day 1,

Bale barely trained before Madrid move, isn't Llo the fitter of the two?

oh wait Conte said the ball in Spain is rectangular not round like the Italian version....

I must follow what Conte says, Llorente is not ready...
elm_baraja_shaman
elm_baraja_shaman
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:01 pm

Bale manages to jump into a team with 0 knowledge of the Spanish language and hardly any preseason practice....
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by elm_baraja_shaman Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:04 pm

Davide Moscardelli wrote:Bale manages to jump into a team with 0 knowledge of the Spanish language and hardly any preseason practice....
llorente is still studying the dynamics of the Italian ball, its different from the International ball, we must be patient, Conte is always right....
elm_baraja_shaman
elm_baraja_shaman
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:48 pm

You guys can't compare Bale's situation with Llorente lmao.

I agree with Devi here, way too far.

Llorente may very well flop. I just want to see Conte improve his rotation abilities for the long term and the health of the squad. His substitution policy hasn't been that great this season- even though it is early on.

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by salmano9 Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:43 pm

Lol
salmano9
salmano9
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by nobionye Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:04 am

elmystique wrote:
Davide Moscardelli wrote:Bale manages to jump into a team with 0 knowledge of the Spanish language and hardly any preseason practice....
llorente is still studying the dynamics of the Italian ball, its different from the International ball, we must be patient, Conte is always right....
@moscardelli and elmystique, as angry as you guys might be, we need to have faith in Conte. Like others have rightly pointed out, He has brought trophies..yes.. that means he knows how to build the right team.

If the man that trains and watches the players daily says llorente is not ready, and needs time to adjust, then so be it. I only feel its wrong not to give him time @ALL. Benching him if he isnt good enough is understandable; he hasnt played active football for a long while and needs time to get his fitness and other aspects of his game right . a poor showing could get him burnt by the press and yes...YOU two as well. So its better he makes the right steps later than makes the wrong ones now.

Maybe conte wants to take his time , on the other hand maybe conte wants to do a krasic on him. but we need to wait and see what happens and not judge yet.
nobionye
nobionye
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13 ... 21  Next