Eivindo
Eivindo
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

- Mozart | Andrea Pirlo - Page 5 Empty Pirlo has knee ligament damage

Post by DeviAngel Tue Dec 03, 2013 1:52 am

Juventus will be without Andrea Pirlo for the rest of 2013, as he has damaged knee ligaments.

The midfielder limped off just 15 minutes into Sunday’s 1-0 win over Udinese in Turin.

Tests have now confirmed a second degree lesion to the collateral medial ligament in his right knee.

The Juve medics have not stated how long he will be out for, but an injury of this type usually requires at least two months to heal.

It is a heavy blow for the Bianconeri, who are top of the Serie A table and need a point away to Galatasaray in order to qualify for the Champions League knockouts.
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

- Mozart | Andrea Pirlo - Page 5 Empty Re: - Mozart | Andrea Pirlo

Post by Luca Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:15 am

Awful news. The 3-5-2 does not function without him

Luca
J Council Master

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:31 am

Yeah I was about to come on and say that

Without Pirlo in the 3-5-2 the link between midfield and attack is non-existant. Factor in the fact that our wing backs are pretty poor attackers and we have ourselves a big problem

Not to mention it's Pirlo who finds the wing-backs continuously with those long diagonals.

We need to switch to a back 4 for the time being. I think we'll definitely buy Nainggolan in January. Like I've said all along, 4 midfielders for 3 positions is not enough depth. We need that 5th quality midfielder who can step in and not significantly weaken our team

The only other option is switching to a 4-2-3-1, but that gives you 4 top midfielders fighting for 2 positions, which is not sustainable.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by juventus101 Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:57 am

This is obviously awful news. But I dont think we need another CM to be honest. We still have the 3 quality starters of Pogba, Marchisio, and Vidal, and then we shouod just switch back to the 433 and use Asamoah as first choice depth, which is still quality, and then theres still Padoin as well. Naingollan would be nice but then Pirlo gets back hell be 5th choice at best, so I dont know if we should pay a hefty sum for that.
juventus101
juventus101
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:00 am

If we get 2 injuries at once, our team takes a Huge dive in quality. Doesn't even need to be injuries. It could be suspensions, which is easy to get in the CL

Asamoah at CM = Terrible left back PDC or wasting Chiellini there

Padoin at CM = Dive in quality, would be steamrolled in the CL.

We clearly want Nainggolan, and we should get him. The perfect person to come in the team and let us continue with our pressing game. He's an energectic player, a good ball winner etc etc. We need 5 quality midfielders in a 3 man midfield system.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by juventus101 Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:08 am

Padoin is a clear drop in quality yes, but he couod be uaed against the smaller teams in Serie A or if our starters desperately need a rest before a big CL game. Naingollan is also a noticeable drop in quality. And Asamoah being used as a CM doesnt really weaken our leftback options. Ogbonna should start there in my opinion anyways, and Caceres is another good option.

Im all for getting Naingollan. I just dont want to spend loads of money on him. Just want to make that clear.
juventus101
juventus101
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by FilthyLuca Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:12 am

play Pogba as our playmaker, but dont make him try to copy pirlo, let him play at his own pace.

FilthyLuca
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by S Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:20 am

What this injury would do is we plan on a Pirlo-less Juve right away now that he's out for a good period.
A switch to 4-3-3 would be the first step in that direction.In a 3-5-2 with trash wingbacks and without Pirlo we'd look really really dire and barely fail to create anything.
And on another note without him we'd look more stable defensively and less prone to counters and giving away the ball in dangerous areas.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Tue Dec 03, 2013 5:07 am

4-3-3 or try Bou in the few games
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GIGItheBest Tue Dec 03, 2013 5:44 am

I think we should try and sign Cerci in the January transfer window
GIGItheBest
GIGItheBest
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Dec 03, 2013 5:49 am

I hope to gawd you guys tie up Pogba long term and keep him ffs. He's happy in Juve and getting better. No need to create a problem where there isn't one... why sell?
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 Tue Dec 03, 2013 7:09 am

We need Marrone back in the winter transfer market
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

https://www.youtube.com/user/juveman176

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:42 am

Juveman17 wrote:We need Marrone back in the winter transfer market
I don't think you will have this problem
Gazzetta writes he will be out for 40 days ... but you have to take away about 14 days for Christmas holidays (Serie A is not Premier League ,unfortunately) ... so he should miss about 4 matches I think ...
the only "problem" is for Istanbul but I think you can Not lose also without Pirlo..
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:49 am

Gala is the worry, on paper we should smash them home or away, obviously our players have played in high pressure situations so I don't really take stock in the B.S about the fans intimidating them

Same shit was being said about going to Celtic park where the atomsphere can be just as rough. Buffon said 'I've ever seen the fans put the ball in the back of the net' and we won 3-0

The problem is, we're not 'on paper' and despite all of our top players only Pirlo is a top class creator. You could make a case for Vucinic but he's just back in action so it's an unknown variable

We cannot afford to go 3-5-2 against Gala, it would be creatively nullified. Pogba is wasted in Pirlos position and our wing-backs are less of a threat than any half-decent winger.

I'd try to fit Mirko in no matter that

I'd maybe go with Marchisio in Pirlos position (Although not in his 'roll' so to speak' to let Vidal and Pogba be more advanced.

4-3-2-1 with Vucinic and Tevez as inside forwards, we would resemble more of a 4-5-1 when we don't have the ball.
Summed it up quite perfectly.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:33 am

I know you've raised the issue of left back depth preventing the use of Asamoah as a regular central midfielder Tom, hence necessitating the purchase of someone such as Nainggolan, however I see the solution in the opposite direction, in purchasing a quality left back which Juventus lack in any case.

As Robespierre pointed out, your schedule is not as heavy as it might otherwise be. In fact, it might be argued that this was the best possible time for Pirlo to get injured if it was to happen.

Juventus have the following games upcoming: Bologna (A), Galatasaray (A), Sassuolo (H), Atalanta (A), Roma (H) which will take you up to the 6th of January. If the injury indeed lasts for two months then Inter and Lazio enter into the equation. It's a relatively light schedule though in comparison to some months, and given that only a draw is required in Turkey I don't see this becoming an issue unless Pirlo is unable to return for the Roma clash.

I don't see Nainggolan as a likely January purchase for several reasons. Firstly, Cellino has proven that he is quite willing to hold his ground in negotiations if he believes it to be in the best interests of the club and letting a talent such as Nainggolan leave in January would leave the club vulnerable to relegation. He might finally yield in the summer, however whilst Cagliari are in danger mid-season I don't see any first team members leaving. Secondly, should he prove available, Thorir has expressed significant interest in bringing him to Inter which could threaten to elevate Nainggolan's price tag beyond that which Juventus are willing to pay. Finally but related to this competition for his signature, Nainggolan will be well aware of the difficulties of breaking into the Juventus starting line-up. Even in Pirlo's absence, three arguably world class midfielders stand in his way of game time. The situation at Inter meanwhile presents an opportunity for Nainggolan to burst into the first team at a club which despite its lack of European football this season still has a significant international reach. This will be particularly important given that Nainggolan has expressed his desire to break into the squad for the World Cup. Whilst reaching a big team is his goal, it will do him no good if he is to sit on the bench past February. Unless he can be convinced that he has a first team place in a post-Pirlo Juventus, it's a very tough sell in a World Cup year. After the summer however it may prove a far easier sell as he will no longer be fighting against time to establish himself and earn success in the team quickly.

In contrast to central midfield position, the left back position is up for grabs regardless of injuries and form amongst the current options in the squad. It would be worth investing in the position if a quality option is available on the market, even if they are cup-tied as this is a long term concern not merely a matter of contesting games for a month. Be it Criscito, Coentrao or otherwise, these are names who can be convinced they have a first team place at a big team for years to come rather than coming to warm the seat of Pirlo's bench warmer for a month.

Personally, I'm just glad Pirlo's finally going to get some rest in a World Cup year, even if a knee injury is never pleasant. Bring him back slowly.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:05 pm

As much as I would love a left back, there aren't many out there (Within reason) that would likely improve us.

Coentrao would be interesting, as would Criscito. Beyond that i'm not so sure

The problem is, we've not really been looking at left backs at all. It would appear Conte is satisfied with Asamoah so far, i'd love Asamoah to get time at CM but unless we have a sudden change of ideas in the next few weeks, we look set to be buying a CM considering we were strongly linked to several even if nothing materialised.

Cellino is an odd one, but he has said some positive things regarding Nainggolans possible departure, best case scenario we co-own him for a while.

As for Nainggolan himself, he's been ignored so far NT wise, so if we can give him sufficient game time we could be the best option for him. Especially if he can impress in the CL.

No matter what though, 3-5-2 without Pirlo is ineffective and we need a degree of change as far as that is concerned, without him we're essentially forced to play 1 dimensional football through the middle of the pitch. A bus parkers dream. Udinese had better clear cut chances than us and they've had a dreadful season.

They might have lost but their gameplan will be copied time and time again if we do not make positive changes.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by KIFFLO Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:51 pm

The Gala game is really worrying, I think its a coin toss. Going there without Pirlo who can dictate the tempo and calm down the play is even worse. Would be interesting to try Bonucci in that role, but he doesn't have the fluidity Pirlo has in his movements but he brings a physical aspect
KIFFLO
KIFFLO
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:55 pm

I do agree that there are few left backs who could be deemed worthy of pursuit, however the same would surely be said of any first team position for a club which is in pursuit of the Champions League as an end goal. It all very much comes down to what Conte feels content with and how the club are willing to invest in the market though, as you've said.

Whilst significant game time would likely help Nainggolan, will the club be able to convince him that he'll receive such exposure? Will be able to displace any of Vidal, Pogba or Marchisio to start in the Champions League in the short term? The situation becomes even more worrying with the return of Pirlo from injury. At the very least at Cagliari his consistent game time means he's an option for the national team should injury strike a current member of the squad. Should he move teams and barely play then even this avenue will evaporate. If he is to move in January, I see Inter as the favourites given the better chance at a first team spot and their decent chance of qualifying for the Champions League if they can maintain this form into the transfer window.

It's certainly a better option than doing nothing and having him would mean possessing incredible, enviable depth. I'm not entirely sure that it truly solves the issue of creativity in the middle of the park or presents a clear idea of where the club is heading after Pirlo. I personally feel that you're better off trying to grab a younger player who may be more content to fight for a spot in the short term such as Jorginho. Hellas may well prove as stubborn as Cagliari, however they're less at risk should they lose him and can't possibly be tougher negotiators than Cagliari. I'd personally look at loaning them someone like Isla to sweeten the deal and convince them to part with Jorginho in January, along with any youth contracts and cash you feel like parting with. Mauricio earns some playing time to get himself back in form, Hellas get a great player and you get a player for the post-Pirlo era who can add creativity in the short term whilst not yet demanding to start over Il Metronomo.

This is purely speculation though naturally.

Spoiler:
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:44 am

rofl

My bottle of schweppes finds that proposal offensive.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by salmano9 Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:42 am

@dostovsky... what your posting impressive despite that I read nothing.. hahahahah I feel like its an essay xD
Listen guys, pogba was week in the cdm role... he had little composure. Btlut when conte switched him with vidal, we got more active... that cdm position for pogba makes him toooo lazy
salmano9
salmano9
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Malaga CF

Back to top Go down

- Mozart | Andrea Pirlo - Page 5 Empty - Mozart | Andrea Pirlo #21

Post by DeviAngel Tue Dec 10, 2013 2:33 am

-
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin