Tomwin Lannister
Juveman17
DeviAngel
42 posters

Page 5 of 29 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 17 ... 29  Next

Go down

-  Il Polpo Paul | Paul Pogba - Page 5 Empty Pogba 'can win Ballon d'Or'

Post by DeviAngel Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:06 am

Juventus director Beppe Marotta is confident Paul Pogba “will win the Ballon d’Or one day and I hope we can achieve great things together.”

The 20-year-old was given the Golden Boy 2013 award by Tuttosport newspaper as the most promising young player of the year.

“I am proud that Pogba is part of Juventus. This was a marriage in which we chose each other,” declared Marotta at the presentation.

“Now we cannot just say he is a promising star, for he is already an authentic champion. Courage is one of his best characteristics, despite his young age, while I also want to point out his intelligence and hard work.

“In future he will certainly be able to win the Ballon d’Or and I hope we can achieve great things together.”

Pogba also spoke at the event and revealed initial difficulties settling in at Juventus.

“Football is my life and it is all still like an incredible dream for me. Of course I’d love to win the Ballon d’Or, but there’s a long of work to go before I can achieve that objective.

“I thank my family and friends, who were with me when times were tough. I also thank Juventus, Manchester United and all my Coaches.

“It wasn’t easy when I arrived here, but I have so much still to learn from a champion like Andrea Pirlo. Tactically and technically, I want to follow in his footsteps. Who would I give the Italian Ballon d’Or to? Pirlo, certainly.

“Carlos Tevez is a great guy who really makes me laugh too.”

DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

-  Il Polpo Paul | Paul Pogba - Page 5 Empty Pogba’s attitude encourages Conte

Post by DeviAngel Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:42 pm

Antonio Conte has praised Paul Pogba for his response to picking up the 2013 Golden Boy, and commented on Juventus’ young supporters earning a fine.

The Old Lady’s young Frenchman was yesterday announced as the recipient of Tuttosport’s annual award, which recognises the best Under-21 footballer of the past 12 months in Europe.

“For Paul, I am very happy that he has received this award,” Conte has considered to reporters at today’s Press conference ahead of playing Bologna tomorrow.

“But I am even more please that he has expressed himself in that way, saying that he will not settle for that award and that he wants to aim for a much more prestigious award.

“This must not been seen as an act of cheek on the part of the guy, but as an act of awareness for what he has. Then from there, to continue to improve, to become one of the best players in the world, that is a nice way to go. In this sense there is a lot of work, but there are many lessons for him.

“And above all, for his part, there must be the right mentality, the head that is there now, because he does not forget that he came from Manchester where he played in the youth team and in the first team when we saw him through binoculars.

“Today, in the space of a year-and-a-half, he has grown in exciting ways, so impressively, and so much of the credit goes to him for making himself available.

“I also think that we deserve some of the credit, and when I talk about ‘I’, I speak of the technical staff, the club who believed in him, that have had the opportunity to work to try to improve this guy.

“But as I have said before, he is always wanting to continue to grow. He has the potential to do so. The important thing is that, as I always say, his head is down and he pedals.

“By the time you are halfway through looking around, perhaps there is someone who overtakes you.”

Conte was also asked today about the €5,000 fine Juve picked up this week for their young fans in attendance against Udinese shouting abuse at Zeljko Brkic.

“I think that we must always make the distinction. There are rules to respect and those to punish. And then there is the fury. So I think that this was aggressive. When looking at these topics, such as with children, it is easy to appeal to sentiment, to rhetoric, they do everything, they do everything, they do everything.

“As a family man, I have said for a long time and I am reiterating to you, that we must improve football. When I say this, I am referring to all components, not just those who take to the field or are on the bench.

“Everyone, everyone, including the communication that needs to send out positive messages. I hope the next time against Sassuolo, instead of this word or that, perhaps they say ‘bravo’, for every save the goalkeeper makes, they say ‘bravo’.

“It would be a small step forward for everyone and we would not fall into rhetoric, because to repeat and fall into such a thing is easy.”
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

-  Il Polpo Paul | Paul Pogba - Page 5 Empty Re: - Il Polpo Paul | Paul Pogba

Post by sportsczy Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:40 pm

Everyone in Juve is trying to get him to sign the contract offered... he won't unless the money goes up.  But it's worth a try.  Paying Vidal over 5 mil didn't exactly help.  I think Juve were hoping to sign Pogba before Vidal so that the precedent wasn't the Vidal amount... but they got worried and extended Vidal (understandably).

We'll see.  I think that if he gets close to 4 mil, he should stay.  But there are several clubs that are offering him massive wages...
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by S Thu Dec 05, 2013 5:02 pm

Sportsczy try harder son.He's extending and soon your Marca-esque gossiping will be put to bed.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Dec 05, 2013 6:08 pm

Yeah ok.  Heard that from February until now that Pogba was going to extend...  and nothing yet.  When it lingers like that, something is holding it up.

His comments to L'Equipe yday saying:  "I'm not thinking about an extension yet, but giving my best to Juve when i play." (http://www.lequipe.fr/Football/Actualites/Pogba-elu-golden-boy-2013/422156)....  seems to indicate he's in no hurry and will only take something he likes.

Le Parisien also quoted un-named executives of PSG telling them:  Pogba will in Paris next year  (http://www.leparisien.fr/psg-foot-paris-saint-germain/pogba-priorite-du-psg-l-ete-prochain-30-11-2013-3363835.php)... a week ago.

They're offering a king's ransom in terms of wages.  It's all going to come down to whether Juve give him enough to stay... he'll give a discount to Juve... maybe.  But time is not on Juve's side.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Thu Dec 05, 2013 6:53 pm

Vidal currently is our best player ofc he will be renewed first lol.
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:27 pm

So much from speculations :

The host of clubs hoping to coax former Manchester United youngster Paul Pogba back to the Premier League look set to miss out on their man.

Arsenal, Manchester City and Chelsea have all been linked with the midfielder, but he is reportedly on the verge of signing a contract extension at Juventus.

The France international has been in excellent form for the Serie A giants since joining from United in 2012, prompting rumours of a big-money transfer.

But Juve’s veteran keeper Gianluigi Buffon has gone public to say that he expects the 20-year-old to sign a new deal in the coming days.

Buffon was speaking after Arturo Vidal put pen to paper on a new contract of his own.

The Italy international said: “Pogba? You will see soon he will also renew his contract.

“If a player who has [had] as many offers as Arturo decides to tie himself to Juventus for such a long time, it’s a very clear signal and it means there is an important and solid project here.

“There is a conviction among the most important players in the squad that in the future we can achieve the same great results as in recent years.”
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:42 pm

Yeah... and all coming from one side.  Same crap with every Juve rumor lol and these "it's done crap" almost invariably end up being bs.  Until i hear something other than from Italians or Italian media, i don't believe a word of it.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:53 pm

sportsczy wrote:Yeah... and all coming from one side.  Same crap with every Juve rumor lol and these "it's done crap" almost invariably end up being bs.  Until i hear something other than from Italians or Italian media, i don't believe a word of it.
You are doing the same thing with the French media and sources so that to is crap going by your logic.

Its all from one side from your 'sources' to bro, the most reliable source we've heard in the past 2 months and the only one that's worthy hearing is Raiola and Pogba and they both confirmed he will stay in Juve minimum for the next season.
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

-  Il Polpo Paul | Paul Pogba - Page 5 Empty - Il Polpo Paul | Paul Pogba #6

Post by DeviAngel Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:19 pm

- Il polpo's thread
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by S Tue Dec 10, 2013 1:58 pm

Pogba second in Player of the Year

Bayern Munich winger Franck Ribery has piped Paul Pogba to the title of French Footballer of the Year.

France Football magazine revealed on Tuesday that the attacker, who has been shortlisted for the Ballon d’Or, has won the title for the third time.

The Juventus youngster came in second place, whilst Paris Saint-Germain’s Blaise Matuidi finished in third.

"I now have to go get Thierry Henry’s record," Ribery, who has now won the prize three times to Henry's five, told the magazine.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:48 pm

Galatasaray boss Roberto Mancini has revealed that he turned down the opportunity to sign Paul Pogba.

The Italian tactician has claimed that whilst in charge at Manchester City he rejected the chance to bring in the French midfielder on a free from Manchester United.

“Pogba is a player that I really like,” he told Tuttosport. “Two years ago, before he came to Juventus I had the chance to take him to Manchester City for no cost.

“But honestly, I do not remember the reason why we didn’t.”

Pogba has since gone on to become a Juventus regular and has recently been named Golden Boy as the best under 21 player in Europe.
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by S Tue Dec 10, 2013 6:09 pm

Last edited by S on Wed Aug 13, 2014 5:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sun Dec 15, 2013 8:25 am

S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sun Dec 15, 2013 1:24 pm

One of today's GDS headlines :

Juve: Conte and Pogba renewals are closer
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Sun Dec 15, 2013 2:26 pm

I love Pogba but Conte is vital part of the team.
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by S Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:38 am

-  Il Polpo Paul | Paul Pogba - Page 5 1moL6

Click on image for enlarged pic.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by S Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:00 pm

PSG to bid 40m for Pogba-L'Equipe.

Juve definitely wont sell for that poverty sum or atleast i hope.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by S Mon Dec 23, 2013 1:17 pm

-  Il Polpo Paul | Paul Pogba - Page 5 1mX5X
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by S Tue Dec 24, 2013 10:41 am

Agnelli wrote:“Pogba? We don’t have the resources to go over certain figures. Who, in Italy, pays wages of €5m or €6m?

“As Pogba is considered as potentially the best midfielder in the world then it would be hard for us to keep him [in the long term].

“An extension is possible though. I don’t think there are any problems with a renewal at this particular time.”
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by salmano9 Tue Dec 24, 2013 11:09 am

S wrote:
Agnelli wrote:“Pogba? We don’t have the resources to go over certain figures. Who, in Italy, pays wages of €5m or €6m?

“As Pogba is considered as potentially the best midfielder in the world then it would be hard for us to keep him [in the long term].

“An extension is possible though. I don’t think there are any problems with a renewal at this particular time.”

Is he hinting that pogba will leave?
salmano9
salmano9
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Malaga CF

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Dec 24, 2013 11:24 am

both PSG and Madrid would offer him 6-8 mil... that's the problem.  I always felt that Juve needed to hurry up and sign him for 4+ mil before the big spenders jumped in.  Well, now the big spenders have jumped in.  It's going to be tough for Juve. Pogba's contract ends in summer 2015, so Juve would need to move him this summer without an extension.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by S Tue Dec 24, 2013 11:37 am

If we sell him, we'll make sure we milk the buying club.No chance of any club buying him on the cheap.He'll still probably extend but i think a sale is very likely in the next 2-3 years sadly.

S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Dec 24, 2013 11:40 am

S wrote:If we sell him, we'll make sure we milk the buying club.No chance of any club buying him on the cheap.He'll still probably extend but i think a sale is very likely in the next 2-3 years sadly.

That's not what the rumors are in France as i linked you in a thread last week S.  Pogba is looking to get paid now and big.  I don't think a move happens in the winter.  But I think it's highly likely that he moves in the summer.  He won't sign an extension at lower wages than the ones Madrid and PSG are offering him... Also, with his contract running out in summer of 2015, Juve can't be too tough on the fee. I think 40 mil is where it's going to end up.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Tue Dec 24, 2013 2:09 pm

He' will extend Marotta confirmed it and Pogba did..
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Dec 24, 2013 3:02 pm

S wrote:

Earlier today in case some missed it.  And no, Pogba never said he is extending.  In fact, everything he's said to the press here (France) when asked about an extension is that he is not thinking about it and he's not in a hurry....

As said by ALL the best french pundits (Menes, Roustan, etc.):  Pogba is looking to cash out and he won't take a discount for Juve.  He's rather stay... but not for less money than what the market is offering. I personally thought it would take 4+ mil. Now i think it might be more...
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 29 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 17 ... 29  Next