Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

-  Il Polpo Paul | Paul Pogba - Page 4 Empty Re: - Il Polpo Paul | Paul Pogba

Post by Kick Wed Oct 16, 2013 5:15 am

Yeah I really doubt we'll splash that kind of money on Pogba. I think it's BS.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Wed Oct 16, 2013 5:25 am

sportsczy wrote:You really think Pogba is your 4th choice CM?  He's started every game for Juve this year...  and most of the game in the 2nd half of last year.

I know you guys are trying to sugar-coat it.  But there's just no way to do it... just like Madrid selling Ozil.  It's stupid.  You don't sell this kind of talent, especially when he's only 20.
He's been important, just not unreplaceable not as significant as you're making it seem. Certainly not near Ozil to Madrid. Juventus' strength under Conte has been the midfield trio of Marchisio, Vidal and Pirlo- this isn't disputable. Pogba has been incredible for a 20 year old especially and he's been great with some clutch goals but I completely understand not making him one of the best paid players on the team. There's no way he should be making what Vidal does or more.

And juventus sells talent. Juventus sold Zidane once upon a time ago. I don't mind the sale if it means strengthening overall. But I would love to see Pogba develop at Juventus at the same time.

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by djfawnz Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:12 am

how can u even think Juventus (if they ever) sell Pogba it would be now? They can do the samr and he will have the same (or more) value.....so dont believe the hype....
djfawnz
djfawnz
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:51 pm

That's one thing i've considered

His value is only going to go up (Short of some unforseeable injury or regressiong) so even from a business standpoint selling him ASAP makes little sense

It's not like we're as broke as Milan and are forced to sell big players as soon as we can. With or without Pogba we'd still be here and doing fine. There is no rush to sell him.

Plus, Conte throws a fit when we sell unwanted bench players. So I imagine bringing that idea up to him would not sit down well. And after all the board want to keep our manager happy.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:10 pm

The issue is his extension... he wants a 5-6 mil wage or he will ask to leave in the summer.  The highest value for a player is 2 years before a contract ends.  Once you get to his last year, the price drops because teams feel that the selling club has pressure.  His contract ends in 2016.

This whole thing is about Pogba refusing the extension from Juve and the sides being very far apart imo. I'm guessing at this. But all the signs point this way.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:35 pm

I have no issue with Pogba wanting 6mill, but I also have literally 0 complaints if we refuse to accept this

I'd love Pogba to stay of course but considering we won't be able to compete with other teams in Europe in terms of making big money signings for I'd say 6 or 6 years from now (When our projects really start benefiting us) I'd also be happy with a silly money offer being accepted. And 2 or 3 new players coming in, at least 1 of which being a big name and an expected instant team improver. A la Tevez.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by FilthyLuca Wed Oct 16, 2013 2:34 pm

Kick wrote:Yeah I really doubt we'll splash that kind of money on Pogba. I think it's BS.
based on the last 10 years or so years, I doubt you wont be the first in line too so

FilthyLuca
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Juventude Wed Oct 16, 2013 2:39 pm

Kick wrote:Yeah I really doubt we'll splash that kind of money on Pogba. I think it's BS.
Maybe not at 40m, but I could see Chelsea being in at 35m. Hell, Chelsea might throw in the extra 5m just to spite United.
Juventude
Juventude
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Wed Oct 16, 2013 2:41 pm

If somebody offered 50M in 1 installment i'd take it

Can't argue with selling a player who excells in a position we're stacked in, whom we got hold of for FREE just over a year ago, for £50Mill

That's top business.

40M is still good. But in todays market and the fact that he's only 20 and constantly improving, it doesn't really seem such an attractive number.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Targus Wed Oct 16, 2013 3:24 pm

even though the offers are tempting for pogba, imo football is about the love for this sport and the club you play for, its not about business...
Targus
Targus
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by djfawnz Wed Oct 16, 2013 3:35 pm

but who says pogba wants 6 million a year? LOL! common now.....at most he could receive 3..4 million...he is a KID.

and for once Tom agrees with me :p
djfawnz
djfawnz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Wed Oct 16, 2013 3:40 pm

That's a short sighted way of looking at it

For clubs like us, the good business is what allows us to pay for better players, to build better teams and win more trophies.

Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Wed Oct 16, 2013 3:41 pm

Yeah I agree if we want to sell him, now would be a bad time

Considering his value is going up and up.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Juventude Wed Oct 16, 2013 3:43 pm

Targus wrote:even though the offers are tempting for pogba, imo football is about the love for this sport and the club you play for, its not about business...
Really? You don't think this is a business for these guys? You're only kidding yourself if you don't think these guys want to make as much money as possible in the short window of their careers. You're lucky if you get 15 years out of a career and then you have to move on with life. So, these guys need to cash in now.

If it was just about football, Pogba would have stayed and learned from Sir Alex rather than jumping ship and leaving on a free. Realistically, he probably would have played as much at United last year as he did in his first year at Juve. That move was just as much about business as it was about football for Pogba.

I'm not saying Pogba is a bad guy. He's just doing what every other guy is doing, which is trying to get paid as much as possible and for as long as possible. Obviously, these guys love football, but it is still their livelihood.
Juventude
Juventude
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by djfawnz Wed Oct 16, 2013 3:47 pm

yeah, but a 4 year 3.5 million contract would be a sweet deal for him at a team like juventus where he will play no matter what and really could explode his skills. What if he moves to a big club and fails? his value goes down. In juventus doesnt matter his price will go up, considering that juventus are NOT in need to sell him. Pogba's contract will get extended its just a matter of when.
djfawnz
djfawnz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by S Wed Oct 16, 2013 4:00 pm

Juventus are not in a need to sell him alright,but at the first sight of a tempting offer,you'd be damn sure they'd give it a serious consideration.

Pogba and Vidal are our two most valuable assets in terms of market value.We are resigned to lose atleast one of them imo.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Juventude Wed Oct 16, 2013 4:03 pm

djfawnz wrote:yeah, but a 4 year 3.5 million contract would be a sweet deal for him at a team like juventus where he will play no matter what and really could explode his skills. What if he moves to a big club and fails? his value goes down. In juventus doesnt matter his price will go up, considering that juventus are NOT in need to sell him. Pogba's contract will get extended its just a matter of when.
Yeah, but a player has to be willing to take that gamble. And it's not as big of a gamble as you think. I disagree that his value at Juve will go up no matter what. If he fails at Juve, his price could go down and then he's in a worse situation then he was before. The math is easy if you're a football player: 6m x 4 years= 24m or 3.5m x 4= 14m. If you flop at Juve or Chelsea, it won't matter. A player still needs to make as much money as possible when you're at Pogba's age. It sets the table for your salary down the road if you improve.

As a lawyer, I want to get my salary history up as high as possible and as early in my career as possible because you assume that your next job is going to build off of that salary. Football is no different and is perhaps more important to build up your salary quicker because your career is so short.
Juventude
Juventude
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed Oct 16, 2013 4:08 pm

Players looks to reach the highest possible plateau both financially and in terms of the club they play with... right now, that's Bayern, Barca and Madrid.  You get paid the best AND you get a chance at all the trophies.

It's all about reaching a higher echelon.  Even if you're not at the echelon... you need to make a player feel like you're trying your hardest to get there now... 3-5 year plan means nothing to them.  If you don't, then it becomes difficult to keep WC players around unless they have an emotional attachment.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Wed Oct 16, 2013 4:11 pm

Pogba set for extension talks

Juventus are soon expected to hold talks with the agent of Paul Pogba in an effort to extend his contract.

The Frenchman, signed in the summer of 2012 when his deal at Manchester United expired, is tied to the club until June 2016.

However, the Old Lady are ready to reward the player for his progression in Turin with a new improved agreement.

French international Pogba, according to the Gazzetta dello Sport’s annual salary charts, currently nets €1m a season.

The 20-year-old’s representative, Mino Raiola, will reportedly meet with officials towards the end of this month or at the start of November.

Pogba has played in all seven of Juventus’ League games so far this season, scoring one goal in 605 minutes of action.
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Juventude Wed Oct 16, 2013 4:17 pm

DeviAngel wrote:Pogba set for extension talks

Juventus are soon expected to hold talks with the agent of Paul Pogba in an effort to extend his contract.

The Frenchman, signed in the summer of 2012 when his deal at Manchester United expired, is tied to the club until June 2016.

However, the Old Lady are ready to reward the player for his progression in Turin with a new improved agreement.

French international Pogba, according to the Gazzetta dello Sport’s annual salary charts, currently nets €1m a season.

The 20-year-old’s representative, Mino Raiola, will reportedly meet with officials towards the end of this month or at the start of November.

Pogba has played in all seven of Juventus’ League games so far this season, scoring one goal in 605 minutes of action.
We've been hearing this same story since the end of the summer. I'd like to see some actual progress.
Juventude
Juventude
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Eivindo Wed Oct 16, 2013 4:21 pm

Juventude wrote:
FilthyLuca wrote:this is sad, never thought id see the day we became a selling club. makes me want to slap agnelli twice, once for basically cutting Del Piero, and the second for this absurdity.

Go cry poverty somewhere else, you just got 86 mil euros from the cl last year, signed a sponsorship deal with Samsung and those other Koreans last year, and have a new stadium with a freaking mall in it (of which im sure you rake in plenty rent money). Pogba is exactly the type of player we want, if you cant pay him a couple million a year, you need to get the *bleep* out of the sports business.

What if it means paying him as one of our top three players right now even though he can't displace Vidal, Pirlo, or Marchisio in Conte's eyes?  Then it causes other players on the team to raise their salary demands and suddenly we are paying more for players than we're bringing in?  Do you support not selling him then?  Juve has sold top players before and so have other top clubs.  It's not that big of a deal if we get a good price for him.  

I think Juve and Agnelli see the reality of the situation in Pogba's contract negotiations.  If Pogba was willing to sign a 2-3 million/year contract, he would have done it already.  But the fact that news seems to be slow on his new contract should tell you something.

People should remember that we had to take out massive loans to pay for the new stadium and we ran huge deficits after calciopoli and continue to run deficits even with the new stadium.
Pogba has the greediest agent in the world, there is no denying the influence he must have on his clients.
Eivindo
Eivindo
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Wed Oct 16, 2013 5:03 pm

3-4Mill a year extention, if he accepts then we can at the very least keep him for 4 more years then if need be, sell him for silly money. In the mean time we get the benefits of having a great player.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

-  Il Polpo Paul | Paul Pogba - Page 4 Empty Pogba: 2013 was a golden year!

Post by DeviAngel Wed Dec 04, 2013 4:12 pm

Paul Pogba has been awarded the Golden Boy award for the best under-21 footballer in Europe.

The Juventus midfielder joins the likes of Isco, Mario Gotze and Mario Balotelli, and the France international has admitted that he is ‘flattered’ to have been given the honour.

“I’m flattered and proud to receive this prestigious trophy,” he told Tuttosport.

“Having won the League for the first time, got as far as the quarter-finals in the Champions League, won the Under-20 World Cup with France and been promoted to the first team by Coach Deschamps, 2013 really was a golden year for me.

“I just hope that 2014 is the same!

“One day I would like to win everything there is to win. Dreaming is not illegal. However, I’m a down-to-earth guy, and right now I want to win a third title in a row for Juventus.

“The Champions League? We want to progress [to the knockout stages and do better]. But we will try with all our might to win it.

“I have no news about [a contract extension]. I signed with Juve until 2015. I am focused on playing well now, I don’t worry about tomorrow.

“You’ll have to ask the President, the Coach and my agent about that.”
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

-  Il Polpo Paul | Paul Pogba - Page 4 Empty Pogba 'can win Ballon d'Or'

Post by DeviAngel Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:06 am

Juventus director Beppe Marotta is confident Paul Pogba “will win the Ballon d’Or one day and I hope we can achieve great things together.”

The 20-year-old was given the Golden Boy 2013 award by Tuttosport newspaper as the most promising young player of the year.

“I am proud that Pogba is part of Juventus. This was a marriage in which we chose each other,” declared Marotta at the presentation.

“Now we cannot just say he is a promising star, for he is already an authentic champion. Courage is one of his best characteristics, despite his young age, while I also want to point out his intelligence and hard work.

“In future he will certainly be able to win the Ballon d’Or and I hope we can achieve great things together.”

Pogba also spoke at the event and revealed initial difficulties settling in at Juventus.

“Football is my life and it is all still like an incredible dream for me. Of course I’d love to win the Ballon d’Or, but there’s a long of work to go before I can achieve that objective.

“I thank my family and friends, who were with me when times were tough. I also thank Juventus, Manchester United and all my Coaches.

“It wasn’t easy when I arrived here, but I have so much still to learn from a champion like Andrea Pirlo. Tactically and technically, I want to follow in his footsteps. Who would I give the Italian Ballon d’Or to? Pirlo, certainly.

“Carlos Tevez is a great guy who really makes me laugh too.”
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 29 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16 ... 29  Next