Onyx
Arquitecto
RealGunner
DeletedUser#1
Great Leader Sprucenuce
29 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Congrats to Bayern on winning the BL! - Page 4 Empty Re: Congrats to Bayern on winning the BL!

Post by rwo power Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:34 am

Well, transfermarkt.de claims that Bayern's current worth is around 525 mio Euros.

But one has to consider that Holger Badstuber (10 mio), Diego Contento (2 mio), David Alaba (32 mio), Philipp Lahm (30 mio), Bastian Schweinsteiger (40 mio), Toni Kroos (40 mio), and Thomas Müller (45 mio)  came to them basically for free from their own youth. That's almost 200 mio worth that Bayern created from "nothing".

Most of the other players also saw an increase in worth from the price that Bayern paid:
Manuel Neuer (worth: 35 mio / cost: 27.5 mio)
Dante (worth: 17 mio / cost: 4.7 mio)
Jérôme Boateng (worth: 28 mio / cost: 13.5 mio)
Rafinha (worth: 8 mio / cost: 5.5 mio)
Javi Martínez (worth: 37 mio / cost: 40 mio)
Thiago Alcántara  (worth: 30 mio / cost: 25 mio)
Mario Götze (worth: 55 mio / cost: 37.5 mio)
Franck Ribéry (worth: 42 mio / cost: 25 mio)
Arjen Robben (worth: 25 mio / cost: 24 mio)
Xherdan Shaqiri (worth: 20 mio / cost: 11.8 mio)
Mario Mandzukic (worth: 23 mio / cost: 13 mio)

So you could say Bayern usually do some shrewd business. (Although they do allow meritorious players to leave for a considerably lower price than they paid if they want to leave and they are surplus to requirement.)

Last edited by rwo power on Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:38 am; edited 1 time in total

rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Congrats to Bayern on winning the BL! - Page 4 Empty Re: Congrats to Bayern on winning the BL!

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:37 am

Red Alert wrote:Can someone post the Bayern squads "worth" please.

Sick of them being called "Buyern" when the likes of Chelsea, City, Madrid, PSG, and co have spent almost DOUBLE the amount "Buyern" have in the last 5 years or so.

I've tried to argued along those lines before, but people like to have their resentments. I mean we have Real and Chelsea fans coming on stating how we buy everyone, are ridiculously stacked, ruin the league etc. and therefore our success is no surpirse.
Funny thing is, most of those complaining are not people actually following the bundesliga I guess, but Dortmund 'sympathizers' from other clubs who complain about us getting Lewandowski and how unfair that is, while they themselves fantasize about swooping up Reus, Hummels, Gündogan etc.

Here's the rounded 'purchase values' of some squads, i.e. waht was actually spent, according to transfermarkt (the estimated 'worth' is something else of course):

Dortmund 103m € (!!), more than half of it Reus, Mkhtaryan and PEA lol
Inter 192m€
Liverpool, Moncao 197m€
Arsenal 211m€
Juve 215m€
Barca  223m€ (but a couple of tens of millions should be added with the Neymar ordeal probably)
Bayern 236m€
Tottenham 248m
PSG 376m€
Man Utd 380m€
Chelsea 391m€
Man City 433m€
Real Madrid 516m€ lol

Last edited by Hapless_Hans on Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:38 am

lol RWO, we are both on the case!!
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:39 am

Well, practically both from different angles Very Happy
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Badger Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:51 am

Sick of them being called "Buyern" when the likes of Chelsea, City, Madrid, PSG, and co have spent almost DOUBLE the amount "Buyern" have in the last 5 years or so.

I always thought the "Buyern" pun was more about them hoovering up the talent from their rivals rather than just being mega spenders in general.

The_Badger
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:55 am

By the way, I put together a list of Bayern's big transfers here, so that you can see where they got certain players from. You might be surprised that the Bundesliga actually only "lost" 17 "bigger" players to Bayern since 2002:

http://www.goallegacy.net/t34363-bayern-s-big-player-transfers-2002-2014
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:04 pm

The_Badger wrote:

I always thought the "Buyern" pun was more about them hoovering up the talent from their rivals rather than just being mega spenders in general.

that's true of course, but it used to be much worse. For us to buy players like Götze, Dante or Manzukic kind of makes sense, for the players as well. (Dante now probably being part of the Selecao for the WC in his home country, for example).

In earlier years we just threw money at players who scored more than once against us lol, like Schlaudraff.
That's why if a Alemannia Aachen, or Frankfurt, supporter calls us Buyern, I guess I'll have to swallow it.
But coming from supporters of other European top clubs it really is a bit rich.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Mon Feb 24, 2014 2:08 pm

The_Badger wrote:

This is true, but some people are just really stupid and can't read between the lines.

I think the whole Buyern thing came after Lewandoski was signed and then when they wanted Draxler as well.
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Badger Mon Feb 24, 2014 2:12 pm

Abramovich wrote:
The_Badger wrote:

This is true, but some people are just really stupid and can't read between the lines.

I think the whole Buyern thing came after Lewandoski was signed and then when they wanted Draxler as well.

I'm fairly sure it preceded the Lewandowski purchase. I seem to remember seeing it being used elsewhere around the time they signed Gomez.

The_Badger
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:19 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:
The_Badger wrote:

that's true of course, but it used to be much worse. For us to buy players like Götze, Dante or Manzukic kind of makes sense, for the players as well. (Dante now probably being part of the Selecao for the WC in his home country, for example).

In earlier years we just threw money at players who scored more than once against us lol, like Schlaudraff.
That's why if a Alemannia Aachen, or Frankfurt, supporter calls us Buyern, I guess I'll have to swallow it.
But coming from supporters of other European top clubs it really is a bit rich.

I Always found this practise quite odd. Its so authorative. Another who score vs us we shall buy?  Laughing 
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by BAYERN_MUNICH Mon Feb 24, 2014 6:19 pm

this.

but what do we say in munich? "Euer Hass ist unser Stolz, euer Neid ist unser Ruhm!"
BAYERN_MUNICH
BAYERN_MUNICH
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4