Onyx
Arquitecto
RealGunner
DeletedUser#1
Great Leader Sprucenuce
29 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Congrats to Bayern on winning the BL! - Page 2 Empty Re: Congrats to Bayern on winning the BL!

Post by iftikhar Fri Nov 22, 2013 1:30 am

Gil wrote:Pep is a genius. League already wrapped up with about 5 months to go in only his debut season. :bow:
How did Pep managed to injure players of another team!

While all these injuries have given Bayern an edge in the title race, the H2H games are unpredictable.

iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Congrats to Bayern on winning the BL! - Page 2 Empty Re: Congrats to Bayern on winning the BL!

Post by futbol Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:19 pm

Pep. :bow: :bow:

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:25 pm

Pep showing his prowess in big games. Destroyed City away, destroys Dortmund away. :bow: 
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:30 pm

Pep's subs changing the game :bow:

(Although a blind man could've seen Mandz needed to come out)

Also, THIAGOAT's assist :bow: :bow: :bow:
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Sat Nov 23, 2013 5:28 pm

I really underestimated Bayern :facepalm: with the system they have i think no team in Germany will able to dominate BL like them in next decade or so

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Sat Nov 23, 2013 6:07 pm

Another easy league for Pep to win :bow:

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun Feb 23, 2014 6:13 pm

19 point gap in February Shocked
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Badger Sun Feb 23, 2014 6:17 pm

Who would have predicted that in October? BVB have been so disappointing. I would have thought they'd have been right on the heels of Bayern for most of the season.

The_Badger
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Feb 23, 2014 6:22 pm

Well tbf they were until they got an ridiculous injury list.... ever since the Bayern defeat they have pretty much given up and focused on CL and Cup.

They just can't compete unless their player stay fit.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Feb 23, 2014 6:27 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:19 point gap in February Shocked

Simply said, we've never been that consistenly good before.
I posted it recently, in the Bundesliga thread, but the Bundesliga used to be won with a point tally of 65-75 points, even just 63 or less in some seasons.
In our most souvereign seasons under Hitzfeld, we had about 75 points.
Van Gaal publicly made the calculation that 2 points per game average suffices to win the Bundesliga.
But Dortmund in 2012 was the first team to break the 80 points barrier and destroy that calculation, and Dortmund's strength and back to back titles really seem to have pushed us further, that and the good work done buiding on Van Gaal's foundation.
Last season was the best season ever played with 91 points, now with Pep we're already 5 points (!!) better than last season.

Again, it's not the case that the rest are underperforming or that the league has become worse, but we're simply flying high right now.
Pep is making us win every game, that's simply unprecedented. But I remember Pepcelona won the league by high margins and a similar win ratio as well. And Sammer's influence is not to be underestimated as well. The guy is a success machine as well.

But Pep is a genius, pure and simple.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Sun Feb 23, 2014 6:31 pm

Germans before the Bundesliga commenced:"Our Fuzzy Wuzzy Little Bunny Jürgen Klopp will show the foreign usurper of Osram, Pep Guardiola the ropes on how to win the Fußball-Bundesliga"

:I'mveryunoriginal::
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Badger Sun Feb 23, 2014 6:32 pm

It is a case of other teams underperforming though. Dortmund have been atrocious now for a few months. They seem to have conceded the league.

The_Badger
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Feb 23, 2014 6:37 pm

The_Badger wrote:It is a case of other teams underperforming though. Dortmund have been atrocious now for a few months. They seem to have conceded the league.

I disagree. Dortmund may be dissapointing compared to 2 years ago, but they're still relatively stable, Leverkusen have been astonishingly stable, the rest are also getting results.

You people seem to forget that's what it always was like in the Bundesliga, there never were 2-3 teams constantly winning all games. As I said, we too never were that consistent before.
So of course they can't compete with us, how can you compete with that point tally we have? That's >> record points.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Badger Sun Feb 23, 2014 6:44 pm

Stable in what way exactly?

Dortmund keep losing their better players every summer.

The_Badger
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Feb 23, 2014 6:50 pm

The_Badger wrote:Stable in what way exactly?

Dortmund keep losing their better players every summer.

Do you remember in what shape Dortmund were in when Klopp took over?

For some reason I have the feeling many of you jumped on the bandwagon when Kloppo's young wild ones were peaking and have only followed the Bundesliga since then.

Look at tables from earlier seasons, since the midnineties when the 3point count was introduced.
You'll see that the point tally of Dortmund and Leverkusen now are in no way worse than what other second and third place teams had at that stage of the season.

Again, the only difference now is the crazy amount of points we have.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Badger Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:03 pm

I do and there's no need to be arrogant and patronising simply because I asked of you to elaborate on your definition of "stable", which you still haven't.

In a way they are a victim of their own success as all the big wealthy clubs in Europe start cherry picking their better players leaving Klopp the process of finding adequate replacements.

I don't see them as being a stable team.

The_Badger
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:08 pm

The_Badger wrote:I do and there's no need to be arrogant and patronising simply because I asked of you to elaborate on your definition of "stable", which you still haven't.

In a way they are a victim of their own success as all the big wealthy clubs in Europe start cherry picking their better players leaving Klopp the process of finding adequate replacements.

I don't see them as being a stable team.

sorry if it came across that way. the point I'm making is though that they've won back to back titles and came second, now are third. Of course that's stable.
And the other point is that it's simply not usual in the Bundesliga for the first 2-3 teams to be consistently winning as many games as Dortmund did in 2012, and as we did in the last 2 years.
That's why again, with us freakishly winning every game as we do, with Pep's incredible work and the mentality of the our team, the fact that the gap is so big doesn't mean the others are underperforming.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Badger Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:16 pm

BVB didn't lose as many games in the years they won the title as they have done this year, and there's still a dozen games to play.

I can't help but feel, and that they indeed know, they're kind of punching above their weight a little and relying upon Bayern to collapse, or go through a period of transition, for any kind of success.

They've lost Lewandowski in the summer so far. Gundogan and Reus are being courted by teams in England and Spain. I can't see them being any threat to Bayern Munich any time soon.

The_Badger
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:24 pm

If the gap between 1st and 2nd remains at 19 points for the remainder of the season Bayern will mathematically win the cup by the end of March. In little more than a month. Ridiculous.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Badger Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:29 pm

Their next three games are against top 5 opposition too.

The_Badger
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:35 pm

The_Badger wrote:BVB didn't lose as many games in the years they won the title as they have done this year, and there's still a dozen games to play.

I can't help but feel, and that they indeed know, they're kind of punching above their weight a little and relying upon Bayern to collapse, or go through a period of transition, for any kind of success.

They've lost Lewandowski in the summer so far. Gundogan and Reus are being courted by teams in England and Spain. I can't see them being any threat to Bayern Munich any time soon.

Yes you're right. Dortmund challenged the status quo (i.e. the Bundesliga is ours to lose) with their back to back titles and their record season in 2012.
That led us to raise our game, to a level where now noone can compete, at the moment at least. That's because unlike in earlier years we didn't just throw money at it blindly, but in addition to spending also simply did good work in developing our team and our football.

Also, Dortmund's titles and peak performance in the league came when they weren't playing CL or then having an abysmal first CL campaign, going out after group stages.
Because they simply do not have the depth to be equally strong in all competitions, and also Klopp's footbal relies heavily on RUNNING like crazy, it is in a way not very efficient, or let's say hard to sustain with a squad lacking depth and having injury problems on top.

The reason why they don't have our depth, and why they lose players, are financial of course, but all in all they've done a great job generating value out of cheap talent and they'll continue being successful (i.e. reaching CL spots). They replaced Kagawa, Sahin before.

And it's simply the case that unless WE get worse again (which will of course happen at some point) it's going to be impossible to top us. You simply can't top the amount of points we're collecting at the moment.
That's the combination of our strong and well-oiled squad and Pep, who oversaw a similar hegemony in the spanish league as well.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:40 pm

The_Badger wrote:BVB didn't lose as many games in the years they won the title as they have done this year, and there's still a dozen games to play.

Actually, Dortmund's problem is much less losing one big player per season, but it is the fact that for weeks and months their 4 starting defenders were injured plus 3 DMs and one or the other player outside of that. No normal team (and probably not even Bayern) could have managed to work around this.

It would be like Alaba, Dante, Badstuber*, Rafinha, Lahm, Schweinsteiger* and Martinez* missing at the same time. (* they were/are actually out, but still Bayern have more quality to replace these.)
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:42 pm

but what I don't agree with is this notion of Dortmund not having 'any kind of success' atm.
They ARE successful, very successful and stable if you consider what trouble they had only 6-7 years ago.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Badger Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:46 pm

rwo power wrote:

Actually, Dortmund's problem is much less losing one big player per season, but it is the fact that for weeks and months their 4 starting defenders were injured plus 3 DMs and one or the other player outside of that. No normal team (and probably not even Bayern) could have managed to work around this.

It would be like Alaba, Dante, Badstuber*, Rafinha, Lahm, Schweinsteiger* and Martinez* missing at the same time. (* they were/are actually out, but still Bayern have more quality to replace these.)

That's only true of this season though and if anything shows how weak their squad is past its first XI.

The_Badger
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:49 pm

Well done Buyern, maybe next season they'll buy more of their rivals players and wrap up the league before Xmas.

Buyern :bow:
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:52 pm

lol, that 'Abramovich' named guy coming here to give US shit about buying players...
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next