DeletedUser#1
Tomwin Lannister
McAgger
The Franchise
Gil
39 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Players of the season so far? - Page 4 Empty Re: Players of the season so far?

Post by sportsczy Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:20 pm

It's not a question of the highest level Dani... of course, when Messi is on, he plays at a higher level.  But how often does he bring it this year?  Does he show full effort consistently?  That's why i rate Neymar higher this year... he brings it every time he plays.  He may not always succeed; but you never feel like he's dogging it out there.  Can't say the same with Messi.

And that's just as important as talent imo... this is a team sport.  As the best player, you're supposed to set the example for the club and your teammates.

To me, Neymar has done that far more than Messi. He brings that energy level to go with his skill... it boosts the entire team.

I feel Messi seems a tad unmotivated and blasé for whatever reason since the start of 2013...

sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by DuringTheWar Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:24 pm

He's had some recurring thigh problem. Must play a part in making it difficult to get a run into top form. Plus, as its a world cup up year, the injuries may be worrying him, possibly saving himself a bit instead of giving 100%
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:06 pm

sportsczy wrote:It's not a question of the highest level Dani... of course, when Messi is on, he plays at a higher level.  But how often does he bring it this year?  Does he show full effort consistently?  That's why i rate Neymar higher this year... he brings it every time he plays.  He may not always succeed; but you never feel like he's dogging it out there.  Can't say the same with Messi.

And that's just as important as talent imo... this is a team sport.  As the best player, you're supposed to set the example for the club and your teammates.

To me, Neymar has done that far more than Messi.  He brings that energy level to go with his skill... it boosts the entire team.

I feel Messi seems a tad unmotivated and blasé for whatever reason since the start of 2013...
He doesnt show full effort anymore, hasnt for a few years. If thats your reasoning, then the last 2 you should also feel like he shouldnt be in this hypothetical team.

As for how often does he bring it? Every game bar I would about 3. Again, his "bad" games are not like anyone elses.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:17 pm

I just hope that he doesn't end up like Dinho.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:20 pm

Lies lol

You would love that.

But it wont happen, whatever issues Messi has, it isnt because he doesnt care about football enough.

Ronaldinho just got tired of everything, wasnt motivated after winning literally everything and just wanted to have fun (parties, drinking, whatever) aswell as playing football. Cant do both in modern game, not to the extent he clearly was.

This is not a issue for Messi. He just doesnt want to do the dirty work anymore, dont want to defend, dont want to run off the ball.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:27 pm

The Franchise wrote:Lies lol

You would love that.

But it wont happen, whatever issues Messi has, it isnt because he doesnt care about football enough.

Ronaldinho just got tired of everything, wasnt motivated after winning literally everything and just wanted to have fun (parties, drinking, whatever) aswell as playing football. Cant do both in modern game, not to the extent he clearly was.

This is not a issue for Messi. He just doesnt want to do the dirty work anymore, dont want to defend, dont want to run off the ball.
No seriously. It wouldn't be this great without this Messi-Ronaldo contest.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:12 pm

Its not great, because it shouldnt be a contest. Just my opinion.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4