Luca
rincon
6 posters

Go down

2017/18 players of the season Empty 2017/18 players of the season

Post by rincon Sun May 06, 2018 10:53 pm

Who are the MVPs of this season?

For me,

1st Chiellini: By far and away our best defender, one of his best seasons in his career by even his own admission. Carried us at the back whenever the others were out of form. Was a leader.

2nd Dybala: 26 goals. Our top scorer and his highest scoring season yet. When on form, did everything for the team. That period when he was injured was dire.

3rd: Pjanic: Our midfield looks Serie B level when he is out. Somehow he is solely responsible for playmaking and yet still defends the most in the mid. Night and day when he is out.

Honorable mention: Costa. He started really rough adapting to the team and league. After that exploded and took over when Dybala was injured or out of form to take us over the finish line.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

2017/18 players of the season Empty Re: 2017/18 players of the season

Post by Luca Sun May 06, 2018 11:20 pm

I'd probably have the same players but Pjanic at #1, simplest reason being the difference between him and the other midfielders we have. We lean on him tremendously for this reason

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by S Mon May 07, 2018 7:51 am

There hasnt actually been a consistent stand-out player this season compared to the previous season.

Dybala had an explosive first three months , then faded away for quite a while but returned and scored some important goals despite not playing all that well

Pjanic has been pretty up and down this season as well but he remains by far our most important player in the team

Douglas Costa wasnt a big feature in the first half of the season compared to the second where he's established as one of our best and most in-form players in the side

Chiellini probably has been the most consistent player with great performances both in the league and Europe.

But i'd still vote for Dybala. He carried us in the first few months when we were still rebuilding and couldnt find the ideal setup. Despite not playing all that well since he returned from injury, he still stepped up and scored and assisted in IMO two most crucial points of our season(vs Lazio) which swung the pendulum in our favor and (vs Inter) which practically sealed the league.

Statistically speaking, its been a rather excellent season for him.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by marottalad Tue May 08, 2018 8:22 am

I would say Douglas Costa for me.
marottalad
marottalad
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by juvealbanian Tue May 08, 2018 10:16 am

We didn't have any player to be consistently beasting in Serie A or Champions but we are lucky enough to have a bunch of quality players in attack and on the wings that with their highs and lows have all contributed to give us another Scudetto.

So I would say Dybala,Costa and Cuadrado have saved us in many crucial moments so it's them for me.
juvealbanian
juvealbanian
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by salmano9 Tue May 08, 2018 1:27 pm

Maybe Pjanic, since he was the most consistent out of all. Dybala now just appears on occasions in the second half od the season. I liked him a lot when he played deeper, helping the team with creating chances. Now, he looks a bit lazier maybe (but that could be down to Allegri's tactics).

Costa, I'd give him best transfer of the season, but not our MVP. Besides Chiellini, Benatia was a real beast this season, transforming from a substitute player to a main starter in our defence.

It's really hard to choose because we won the scudetto as a group rather than the quality of individual players, and as @Juvealbanian was saying, we are lucky to have a big group of attackers this season.The quality of individual players ex. Costa, Dybala, Mandzukic... did help a lot when others couldn't provide a solution.
salmano9
salmano9
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Malaga CF

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum