Harmonica
Lord Awesome
Onyx
The_Badger
Khaled
115 posters

Page 15 of 39 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 27 ... 39  Next

Go down

OFFICIAL: FIFA Ballon d'or 2013 - Voting extended - Page 15 Empty Re: OFFICIAL: FIFA Ballon d'or 2013 - Voting extended

Post by Casciavit Sat Nov 16, 2013 7:11 pm

izzy wrote:People actually care about this ridiculous joke of a award?

Yeah I said it, this award is a joke.

The criteria changes every year to determine who wins it.
The prestige has gone.
It may not be important to you, understandably.

But, for the players its the most important and prestigious individual award out there.

Last edited by Casciavit on Sat Nov 16, 2013 7:12 pm; edited 1 time in total

Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

OFFICIAL: FIFA Ballon d'or 2013 - Voting extended - Page 15 Empty Re: OFFICIAL: FIFA Ballon d'or 2013 - Voting extended

Post by farfan Sat Nov 16, 2013 7:11 pm

Casciavit wrote:
farfan wrote:
Casciavit wrote:The Ballon d'or will only lose value to CR's fanboys and perhaps CR himself. As much as you try to dismiss it, the Ballon d'or is the most prestigious individual accolade in football and every player dreams of winning it.
yes, the actual ballon d'or, the one from france football , not the fifa version .

the winners aside , the top 23 has been nothing short of a popularity contest in the last  3  years , a total joke .
It doesn't matter though..

You tell me, do you think the players care that it merged with Fifa?

They only care about the trophy itself. And the recognition that comes with it.

Nothing more, nothing less. As long as its that Golden ball and its comes with the recognition of best player of the year. The players will always think of it as the most prestigious individual accolade in football.
the fans have  a say too  .

just look at boxing, the sanctioning bodies are so corrupt  that the world titles they give out are totally worthless to the fans .  the only thing that matters to them and the boxing media is the opponents you beat, not the physical belt .
same thing can happen to this award.
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Sat Nov 16, 2013 7:13 pm

Ganso wrote:

The prestige has gone.
Some might think its a joke, but almost everyone takes it very seriously, specially the players.I mean, look at how much crying is going on related to Ribery and CR.They both want it so bad its ridiculous.You just cant deny that winning the Balon d'or is the ultimate individual prize.  
Individual prize?

No one even knows what the hell the criteria is to actually win this award.

It changes every year.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Sat Nov 16, 2013 7:50 pm

izzy wrote:
Ganso wrote:

The prestige has gone.
Some might think its a joke, but almost everyone takes it very seriously, specially the players.I mean, look at how much crying is going on related to Ribery and CR.They both want it so bad its ridiculous.You just cant deny that winning the Balon d'or is the ultimate individual prize.  
Individual prize?

No one even knows what the hell the criteria is to actually win this award.

It changes every year.
While that is true, it doesn't change the fact taht most players want it. Like Ganso said, just look at how C.Ronaldo and Ribery are crying about the award, especially C.Ronaldo.

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:02 pm

harhar11 wrote:While that is true, it doesn't change the fact taht most players want it. Like Ganso said, just look at how C.Ronaldo and Ribery are crying about the award, especially C.Ronaldo.
Well duh.

Of course they are going to cry about it. The criteria changes every year and plays favourites.
Why shouldn't they complain if they KNOW they won't get a fair shot to win it?

The awards a joke.
Players and coaches really need to bring to light how embarrassing this award has become.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:14 pm

The title of "best player in the world" is just too much for any top player to complain about things like criteria, all they care about is the title really.The only player who has a shot at winning it and is complaining about the criteria is CR and thats because he is a crybaby and wants to give an excuse.
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by DuringTheWar Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:25 pm

Ganso wrote:

The prestige has gone.
Nah, world cup golden ball is the ultimate individual prize.
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:32 pm

DuringTheWar wrote:
Ganso wrote:

The prestige has gone.
Umm no. It's just one of the separate competition prize's. Ballon d'Or is the Oscar, or Nobel of the football world.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by DuringTheWar Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:45 pm

Harmonica wrote:
DuringTheWar wrote:
Ganso wrote:Some might think its a joke, but almost everyone takes it very seriously, specially the players.I mean, look at how much crying is going on related to Ribery and CR.They both want it so bad its ridiculous.You just cant deny that winning the Balon d'or is the ultimate individual prize.  
Umm no. It's just one of the separate competition prize's. Ballon d'Or is the Oscar, or Nobel of the football world.
If a player wins the world cup, and wins the golden ball with it, they go into football history becoming legendary figures automatically, in a way that winning a ballon dor doesn't and never has done. That's the ultimate individual accolade, being on a world cup winning team and being named the best individual player of that team and of that world cup.

+ you get a nice fat ball of gold, just as nice as the fifa ballon dor trophy.
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kamikaze692 Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:55 pm

For me, the Ballon D'or lost all its importance and value the day Michael Owen won it in 2002 over Raul. I've always considered it as a glorified popularity contest, and in my opinion any player worth his salt, should also realise the sheer pointlessness of this award.
I mean consider some of the most glaringly erroneous decisions taken in the course of awarding this farce.

But i understand the reason behind Ronaldo & cos. obsession to win this award. Its another way to cement your legacy for the future generations.
Kamikaze692
Kamikaze692
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Sat Nov 16, 2013 9:04 pm

DuringTheWar wrote:
Harmonica wrote:
DuringTheWar wrote:Nah, world cup golden ball is the ultimate individual prize.
If a player wins the world cup, and wins the golden ball with it, they go into football history becoming legendary figures automatically, in a way that winning a ballon dor doesn't and never has done. That's the ultimate individual accolade, being on a world cup winning team and being named the best individual player of that team and of that world cup.

Umm, no they don't. You tell me one person who has automatically gone GOAT being just a winner of World Cup and World Cup golden ball. It's just a accolade based on 7 games, which is affected mostly by a team performance and the luck of the draw.

It's awfully illogical to say 7 such games would matter more than performing the whole year.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by DuringTheWar Sat Nov 16, 2013 9:15 pm

Harmonica wrote:
DuringTheWar wrote:
Harmonica wrote:Umm no. It's just one of the separate competition prize's. Ballon d'Or is the Oscar, or Nobel of the football world.

Umm, no they don't. You tell me one person who has automatically gone GOAT being just a winner of World Cup and World Cup golden ball. It's just a accolade based on 7 games, which is affected mostly by a team performance and the luck of the draw.

It's awfully illogical to say 7 such games would matter more than performing the whole year.
Well sorry, it does, certainly where im from. Kids hear from an early age about world cup legends, nobody knows who the f*** won the ballon dor in 1962, everyone knows about garrincha though because he was the star of the world cup, even though most know nothing about his club career. That's the reality in most if not all places, its completely irrelevant whether you think performing a whole year matters more, its completely irrelevant if I think 7 games matter more, im talking about the reality.
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Sat Nov 16, 2013 9:18 pm

DuringTheWar wrote:
Harmonica wrote:
DuringTheWar wrote:If a player wins the world cup, and wins the golden ball with it, they go into football history becoming legendary figures automatically, in a way that winning a ballon dor doesn't and never has done. That's the ultimate individual accolade, being on a world cup winning team and being named the best individual player of that team and of that world cup.

Well sorry, it does, certainly where im from. Kids hear from an early age about world cup legends, nobody knows who the f*** won the ballon dor in 1962, everyone knows about garrincha though because he was the star of the world cup, even though most know nothing about his club career. That's the reality in most if not all places, its completely irrelevant whether you think performing a whole year matters more, its completely irrelevant if I think 7 games matter more, im talking about the reality.
Media exposure has a lot to do with that. The WC was the only tourney broadcatsed internationallyso most players tried to peak for that. Now with the oversaturation of football in todays game

*bleep* it i cant even be btohered to explain. I'm a *bleep* geezer tbh
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Sat Nov 16, 2013 9:29 pm

DuringTheWar wrote:
Harmonica wrote:
DuringTheWar wrote:If a player wins the world cup, and wins the golden ball with it, they go into football history becoming legendary figures automatically, in a way that winning a ballon dor doesn't and never has done. That's the ultimate individual accolade, being on a world cup winning team and being named the best individual player of that team and of that world cup.

Umm, no it doesn't, because there's no reasonable argument for it. You're awfully deluded if you think Garrincha is know just because he won World Cup with Golden Ball. He's known mostly of being ahead in dribbling of his time. And no, he's not GOAT because of any of that. He's no GOAT at all. Nobody cares that Sneijder won Golden Ball for 2010 World Cup, because by default there's no magic in it, nor is there winning a World Cup. There's magic in winning such things in style though.

World Cup is just part of the Ballon d'Or of that year, in individual level, when accounted the individual performances. Ballon d'Or is in every level of logic the ultimate individual prize.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by DuringTheWar Sat Nov 16, 2013 10:47 pm

Harmonica wrote:
DuringTheWar wrote:
Harmonica wrote:Umm, no they don't. You tell me one person who has automatically gone GOAT being just a winner of World Cup and World Cup golden ball. It's just a accolade based on 7 games, which is affected mostly by a team performance and the luck of the draw.

Umm, no it doesn't, because there's no reasonable argument for it. You're awfully deluded if you think Garrincha is know just because he won World Cup with Golden Ball. He's known mostly of being ahead in dribbling of his time. And no, he's not GOAT because of any of that. He's no GOAT at all. Nobody cares that Sneijder won Golden Ball for 2010 World Cup, because by default there's no magic in it, nor is there winning a World Cup. There's magic in winning such things in style though.

World Cup is just part of the Ballon d'Or of that year, in individual level, when accounted the individual performances. Ballon d'Or is in every level of logic the ultimate individual prize.
And no one cares Michael owen won the Ballon d'Or, so we can also say there is no magic by default in that either.

Garrincha is a legend because he was ahead of his time? heh, jimmy johnstone was ahead of his time, had a similar style, isn't anywhere near as legendary, despite  winning the European cup, omar sivori was ahead of his time, and won the ballon d'or, isn't a legend like garrincha even though he arguably was a better dribbler.
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Sat Nov 16, 2013 11:06 pm

DuringTheWar wrote:
Harmonica wrote:
DuringTheWar wrote:Well sorry, it does, certainly where im from. Kids hear from an early age about world cup legends, nobody knows who the f*** won the ballon dor in 1962, everyone knows about garrincha though because he was the star of the world cup, even though most know nothing about his club career. That's the reality in most if not all places, its completely irrelevant whether you think performing a whole year matters more, its completely irrelevant if I think 7 games matter more, im talking about the reality.

And no one cares Michael owen won the Ballon d'Or, so we can also say there is no magic by default in that either.

Garrincha is a legend because he was ahead of his time? heh, jimmy johnstone was ahead of his time, had a similar style, isn't anywhere near as legendary, despite  winning the European cup, omar sivori was ahead of his time, and won the ballon d'or, isn't a legend like garrincha even though he arguably was a better dribbler.
No, people do care Owen won Ballon d'Or, otherwise there wouldn't be calls like yours for it.

Now you are just extending your argument when it doesn't work. Nobody is knows for winning World Cup, nor winning Golden Ball of World Cup, nor winning Ballon d'Or, by default, and it doesn't change the perception of the prizes.

There is no logic in the Golden Ball being more memorable than Ballon d'Or. Ballon d'Or by default have always been the biggest individual accolade and praise, and will always be, by default.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sun Nov 17, 2013 11:34 am

Sneijder did not win the Golden Ball in 2010, Diego Forlan did.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Sun Nov 17, 2013 11:53 am

M99 wrote:Sneijder did not win the Golden Ball in 2010, Diego Forlan did.
Exactly my point.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sun Nov 17, 2013 1:57 pm

I agree with Harmonica here. Balon D Or>Golden Ball by far. Do people remember Forlan more or Messi/Ronaldo/Kaka? Do people remember Schillachi more or Matthaeus/Van Basten/Baggio? People like Zidane, Ronaldo, Kahn, Romario all have huge achievements outside the Golden Ball. The Golden Ball certainly enhances one's reputation but the Balon D Or does it even more.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by BAYERN_MUNICH Sun Nov 17, 2013 4:15 pm

The voting has finished on friday so there is already a winner
BAYERN_MUNICH
BAYERN_MUNICH
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by ronalessi Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:15 pm

Xavi: I would vote for Messi, Ribéry and Ronaldo for the Ballon d’Or.
ronalessi
ronalessi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by DuringTheWar Sun Nov 17, 2013 9:48 pm

M99 wrote:I agree with Harmonica here. Balon D Or>Golden Ball by far. Do people remember Forlan more or Messi/Ronaldo/Kaka? Do people remember Schillachi more or Matthaeus/Van Basten/Baggio? People like Zidane, Ronaldo, Kahn, Romario all have huge achievements outside the Golden Ball. The Golden Ball certainly enhances one's reputation but the Balon D Or does it even more.
Schillachi won the golden ball in the most boring world cup in history, no one wants to remember that world cup apart from germans and Cameroonians, he wasn't a particularly great player either nor did he win the world cup or even get to the final. Its funny that you mention baggio, because where im from he is remembered most for missing a penalty in a world cup final which cost him a golden ball.
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Badger Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:02 am

Ronaldo is second favourite now with the bookies. He's gone from 7s to 2s, Just behind Ribery on evens.

The_Badger
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:19 am

Ronaldo deserves it this year.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:48 am

ronalessi wrote:Xavi: I would vote for Messi, Ribéry and Ronaldo for the Ballon d’Or.
If I were working for the Sun (or if I were BC)

Xavi: "Ronaldo is definitely one of my picks for the Balon D'or"
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:49 am

I don't see any reasons as to why C.Ronaldo deserves it, unless you
have confussed Ballon d'or with the Golden Boot. I mean, last season C.Ronaldo won nothing, not even copa del rey. But then you might say that the ballon d'or is an individual award and titles won should not be decisive in who should with the award, which is something that I agree with. But then C.Ronaldo last season didn't win any individual awards as well. He wasn't even the best player in his own league, that was Messi. Heck, even when it comes to goals, the only thing that he has going for him, he didn't even win the golden boot, ha he wasn't even the topscorer in his own league.

The only thing that he won was the UCL top scorer, that alone doesn't mean that he deserves the ballon d'or.

Edit: and before you say that I am hypocritical. I have never said that Messi has deserved the ballon d'or based solely on goals or even stats for that matter, which is something that has made me argue alot with Harmonica..

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 39 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 27 ... 39  Next