Harmonica
Lord Awesome
Onyx
The_Badger
Khaled
115 posters

Page 14 of 39 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 26 ... 39  Next

Go down

OFFICIAL: FIFA Ballon d'or 2013 - Voting extended - Page 14 Empty Re: OFFICIAL: FIFA Ballon d'or 2013 - Voting extended

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:56 pm

Did Ribery already make a special cabinet for his Ballon D'Or? Laughing

BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

OFFICIAL: FIFA Ballon d'or 2013 - Voting extended - Page 14 Empty Re: OFFICIAL: FIFA Ballon d'or 2013 - Voting extended

Post by Casciavit Fri Nov 15, 2013 2:55 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Did Ribery already make a special cabinet for his Ballon D'Or? Laughing
He has been quite active on the subject, to the point where it's getting annoying.

''I deserve Ballon d'or. ''

''I defend more than CR or Messi. ''

''The French like CR and Messi more than me.''

He should realize practically begging for votes won't get him anywhere. Especially in this popularity contest.

Spoiler:
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Fri Nov 15, 2013 3:35 am

He has to make these interviews so the Messi-Ronaldo fanboys (many of them will have to vote) don't forget who was TRULY the best player in 2013.

As mentioned before it won't be successful though because there are too many of them.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Fri Nov 15, 2013 3:53 am

Can someone please tell me why the awards where combined?
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by ronalessi Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:22 am

jibers wrote:Can someone please tell me why the awards where combined?
Blatter wrote:FIFA President Joseph S. Blatter signed an agreement with Amaury Group President Marie-Odile Amaury on the 5 July 2010, meaning that the world’s best player will from now on be awarded the FIFA Ballon d’Or each year.

“I’m delighted that Marie-Odile Amaury and France Football have extended a hand to FIFA. As a result, we have accomplished an idea that has been discussed at FIFA for a number of years now, and no doubt at France Football too: we’re going to combine our talents and experience to create a single reward for the world’s best player. It will be known as the FIFA Ballon d’Or,” said President Blatter.

Mrs Amaury added: “I’m very happy that we are teaming up with FIFA to select and present the Ballon d’Or to the best player in the world. We’ll be adding even more glory and value to this prize, and we will now be holding an even more spectacular ceremony, which will make it possible for us to reach everyone who loves the game. We are tremendously proud.”

Since 2005, the two honours have always gone to the same players, with Ronaldinho recognised in 2005, Fabio Cannavaro singled out in 2006, Kaka taking the plaudits in 2007, and 2008 winner Cristiano Ronaldo then giving way to Lionel Messi in 2009.

Sneijder OFFICIAL: FIFA Ballon d'or 2013 - Voting extended - Page 14 37329810
ronalessi
ronalessi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Fri Nov 15, 2013 1:52 pm

Ancelotti: I'll stage a sit-in if Ronaldo doesn't win Ballon d'Or

The Real Madrid coach made a lighthearted remark about the Portuguese's chances of winning the individual accolade, insisting no one deserves the prize more than the attacker

Real Madrid coach Carlo Ancelotti has joked he will stage a sit-in protest if Cristiano Ronaldo does not win the Ballon d'Or this year.

The 28-year-old Portuguese star, who has scored 62 goals in 2013 and is one short of his best calendar year record, has had to watch Barcelona rival Lionel Messi lift the prestigious trophy for the last four years running.

However, Ancelotti believes it is Ronaldo's turn to receive the award after an impressive year, and quipped that he will protest in his hometown if the Fifa accolade is not awarded to the attacker.

“If they don’t give it to Cristiano I’ll stage a sit-in in Reggiolo [the city of his birth in Italy]. No one deserves the prize more than him. He’s a model professional," he told Italian broadcaster Radio 24.

“If he [Ronaldo] didn’t look after every detail, his physique too, he wouldn’t be able to achieve the things he does.”

Madrid currently six points behind Barca in La Liga but Ancelotti says there is not much between the two teams.

“The six-point gap will be hard to overturn, but we feel we’re at their level," Ancelotti said.

Meanwhile, AC Milan, the club with whom he won two Champions Leagues, have had their difficulties this season but Ancelotti believes vice-president Adriano Galliani is unlikely to step aside.

He added: “In terms of experience, he’s second to none. He’s the most important figure at Milan. If he left it would be a significant departure, but it won’t happen.”
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by ronalessi Sat Nov 16, 2013 12:05 pm

Goal.com wrote:Ribery must lead France to World Cup to deserve Ballon d'Or
Ribery wrote:My wife has already prepared space on the mantelpiece for the Ballon d’Or.
Laughing
ronalessi
ronalessi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Sat Nov 16, 2013 1:28 pm

Have the voters already voted?

And how highly do you guys rate CR's chances this year?
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Sat Nov 16, 2013 1:41 pm

yes, but considering the votes were cast prior to messi's injury, who knows what will happen.Its pretty much the most open Balon dor since 06
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Sat Nov 16, 2013 2:00 pm

I really think that Ribery should win it. Messi has had an off year because of his injury, C.ronaldo, apart from his goals, has not been better than Ribery this year. Although this last month, he might have been.

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Sat Nov 16, 2013 2:19 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:don't forget who was TRULY the best player in 2013.

yep , don't  forget who was truly the best player  in 2013 , and don't  confuse " best player " with "  being part of the best team "
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Sat Nov 16, 2013 2:21 pm

farfan wrote:

yep , don't  forget who was truly the best player  in 2013 , and don't  confuse  " best player " with "  being part of the best team "
And don't confuse "best player" with "top scorer"..

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Sat Nov 16, 2013 2:28 pm

harhar11 wrote:
farfan wrote:

yep , don't  forget who was truly the best player  in 2013 , and don't  confuse  " best player " with "  being part of the best team "
not just goals , ronaldo's individual contribution to madrid exceeds that of ribery' for his team .

bayern's triumph was more of a team effort , and i have a hard time putting ribery ahead of ronaldo because of that . was ribery that much better than the likes of robben , lahm , muller etc..in 2013 ? i don't think so .

and i love how ribery was not even in the discussion for ballon d'or before the champions league final... it was the usual ronaldo vs messi .
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Sat Nov 16, 2013 2:31 pm

Ganso wrote:yes, but considering the votes were cast prior to messi's injury, who knows what will happen.Its pretty much the most open Balon dor since 06
Well if that's so, I expect Messi or Ribery too win. I really wonder what Cristiano's reaction would be, if he doesn't win it this year. Could easily see him come out with a statement saying Fifa is against him or something along those lines.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Sat Nov 16, 2013 2:34 pm

if messi gets it this year , the so called " ballon " d'or will lose all it's value .

even messi fanboys don't believe he will / should get it, and they are already backing ribery .
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Sat Nov 16, 2013 2:38 pm

farfan wrote:
harhar11 wrote:
farfan wrote:yep , don't forget who was truly the best player in 2013 , and don't confuse " best player " with " being part of the best team "
not just goals , ronaldo's individual contribution to madrid exceeds that of ribery' for his team .

bayern's triumph was more of a team effort , and i have a hard time putting ribery ahead of ronaldo because of that . was ribery that much better than the likes of robben , lahm , muller etc..in 2013 ? i don't think so .

and i love how ribery was not even in the discussion for ballon d'or before the champions league final... it was the usual ronaldo vs messi .
I really don't think that C.Ronald overall individual contribution exceeds that of Ribery. I mean, Ribery's creativity and play on build up far exceeds that of C.ronaldo, and, as Ribery himself would tell you, he works ALOT more defensively for his team. So the only thing that C.ronaldo has going for him is his goalscoring.

And IIRC, Robben was fairly average 2/3 part of the season.

Before the CL final, there wasn't even a discussion. There was only Messi.

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Sat Nov 16, 2013 2:41 pm

farfan wrote:if messi gets it this year , the so called " ballon " d'or will lose all it's value .

even messi fanboys don't believe he will / should get it, and  they are already backing ribery .
The Ballon d'or will only lose value to CR's fanboys and perhaps CR himself. As much as you try to dismiss it, the Ballon d'or is the most prestigious individual accolade in football and every player dreams of winning it.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Sat Nov 16, 2013 2:51 pm

edit

Last edited by farfan on Sat Nov 16, 2013 2:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Sat Nov 16, 2013 2:52 pm

harhar11 wrote:
farfan wrote:
harhar11 wrote:And don't confuse "best player" with "top scorer"..

bayern's triumph  was more of a team effort , and i have a hard time putting ribery ahead of ronaldo because of that . was ribery that much better than the likes of robben , lahm , muller etc..in 2013 ? i don't think so .

I really don't think that C.Ronald overall individual contribution exceeds that of Ribery. I mean, Ribery's creativity and play on build up far exceeds that of C.ronaldo, and, as Ribery himself would tell you, he works ALOT more defensively for his team. So the only thing that C.ronaldo has going for him is his goalscoring.

And IIRC, Robben was fairly average 2/3 part of the season.

robben's bad form stopped in february 2013 . this calendar year he's been nothing short of phenomenal. he deserves to be considered .

Before the CL final, there wasn't even a discussion. There was only Messi
not really. the moment he limped off with an injury against PSG and ronaldo took over as the CL goalscorer, the discussion included ronaldo .. he was even favoured prior to the dortmund game
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Sat Nov 16, 2013 2:54 pm

Casciavit wrote:
farfan wrote:if messi gets it this year , the so called " ballon " d'or will lose all it's value .

even messi fanboys don't believe he will / should get it, and  they are already backing ribery .
The Ballon d'or will only lose value to CR's fanboys and perhaps CR himself. As much as you try to dismiss it, the Ballon d'or is the most prestigious individual accolade in football and every player dreams of winning it.

yes, the actual ballon d'or, the one from france football , not the fifa version .

the winners aside , the top 23 has been nothing short of a popularity contest in the last 3 years , a total joke .
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Sat Nov 16, 2013 2:59 pm

Casciavit wrote:
Ganso wrote:yes, but considering the votes were cast prior to messi's injury, who knows what will happen.Its pretty much the most open Balon dor since 06
Well if that's so, I expect Messi or Ribery too win. I really wonder what Cristiano's reaction would be, if he doesn't win it this year. Could easily see him come out with a statement saying Fifa is against him or something along those lines.
this is just stupid, its not like fifa are the ones who exclusively choose who the award goes to, journalists and athletes have a bigger say
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:00 pm

farfan wrote:
Casciavit wrote:

yes, the actual ballon d'or, the one from france football , not the fifa version .

the winners aside , the top 23 has been nothing short of a popularity contest in the last  3  years , a total joke .
It doesn't matter though..

You tell me, do you think the players care that it merged with Fifa?

They only care about the trophy itself. And the recognition that comes with it.

Nothing more, nothing less. As long as its that Golden ball and its comes with the recognition of best player of the year. The players will always think of it as the most prestigious individual accolade in football.

Last edited by Casciavit on Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:01 pm

Ganso wrote:
Casciavit wrote:
this is just stupid, its not like fifa are the ones who exclusively choose who the award goes to, journalists and athletes have a bigger say
Yea, tell Ronaldo that. Ever since Blatter came out with the comments regarding Ronaldo last month, the player thinks there is a massive conspiracy against him. Madrid and Portugal do too. Laughing
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:05 pm

People actually care about this ridiculous joke of a award?

Yeah I said it, this award is a joke.

The criteria changes every year to determine who wins it.
The prestige has gone.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:09 pm

izzy wrote:People actually care about this ridiculous joke of a award?

The prestige has gone.
Some might think its a joke, but almost everyone takes it very seriously, specially the players.I mean, look at how much crying is going on related to Ribery and CR.They both want it so bad its ridiculous.You just cant deny that winning the Balon d'or is the ultimate individual prize.
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:11 pm

izzy wrote:People actually care about this ridiculous joke of a award?

The prestige has gone.
It may not be important to you, understandably.

But, for the players its the most important and prestigious individual award out there.

Last edited by Casciavit on Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 39 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 26 ... 39  Next