Harmonica
Lord Awesome
Onyx
The_Badger
Khaled
115 posters

Page 26 of 39 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 32 ... 39  Next

Go down

OFFICIAL: FIFA Ballon d'or 2013 - Voting extended - Page 26 Empty Re: OFFICIAL: FIFA Ballon d'or 2013 - Voting extended

Post by M99 Fri Nov 22, 2013 1:27 am

jibers wrote:Ronaldo is the most in form player for sure, but as lonfg as Messi exists he will never be the best. It's just not happening. Ronaldo will be the first player to win it without any silverware and breaking any records. I commend him.

The passes Moutinho made were more impressive than any of the goals that he scored, yet he takes the plaudits. This has become a WHOSCOREDTHEMOST D'OR. Ronaldo scored empty goals the whole of last season and his amazing ability is leading Madrid into....3rd place...did nothing in the 2 biggest games this season vs Barcelona and Atletico.

Let's compare his empty goals to Gerd Muller shall we...that is why  Ronaldo will never be greater than Gerd. Gerd scored goals and his goals won his teams silverware, Ronaldo did nothing in the group stages of WC qualifyer but he carried Portugal against Swede, who are amateur at best.

I'll sum this up saying this, Ronaldo is NOT the best footballer in the world and he never will be unless Messi stops playing. He is the most in form. At the end of the day if individual performances do not translate to trophies are you really the best player?
I do agree with Ribery deserving to win but smh at how Ronaldo is just discredited. Moutinho made the pass...and CR made the run and shot at goal. What he did was special, that was a brilliant performance and a crucial game for his country. Credit to him for an excellent performance.

M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

OFFICIAL: FIFA Ballon d'or 2013 - Voting extended - Page 26 Empty Re: OFFICIAL: FIFA Ballon d'or 2013 - Voting extended

Post by harhar11 Fri Nov 22, 2013 1:34 am

M99 wrote:
jibers wrote:Ronaldo is the most in form player for sure, but as lonfg as Messi exists he will never be the best. It's just not happening. Ronaldo will be the first player to win it without any silverware and breaking any records. I commend him.

The passes Moutinho made were more impressive than any of the goals that he scored, yet he takes the plaudits. This has become a WHOSCOREDTHEMOST D'OR. Ronaldo scored empty goals the whole of last season and his amazing ability is leading Madrid into....3rd place...did nothing in the 2 biggest games this season vs Barcelona and Atletico.

Let's compare his empty goals to Gerd Muller shall we...that is why  Ronaldo will never be greater than Gerd. Gerd scored goals and his goals won his teams silverware, Ronaldo did nothing in the group stages of WC qualifyer but he carried Portugal against Swede, who are amateur at best.

I'll sum this up saying this, Ronaldo is NOT the best footballer in the world and he never will be unless Messi stops playing. He is the most in form. At the end of the day if individual performances do not translate to trophies are you really the best player?
I do agree with Ribery deserving to win but smh at how Ronaldo is just discredited. Moutinho made the pass...and CR made the run and shot at goal. What he did was special, that was a brilliant performance and a crucial game for his country. Credit to him for an excellent performance.
I don't think that his point is to discredit C.ronaldo for his performances, imho what he is saying is that he shouldn't get ALL the credit like he got after the game. Credit to C.Ronaldo for scoring the goals that won them their ticket to the WC, but Moutinho, for example, was also crucial for Portugal's win over Sweden. And yet almost every media has been saying that C.Ronaldo dragged Portugal to the WC by himself, when it's not true. It was a team effort.

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Fri Nov 22, 2013 2:38 am

CR is insane I love what he is doing. Anyone who disagrees is clearly blinded by RM hate nothing else.
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Nov 22, 2013 2:41 am

Not as sexy as goals or assists... but Ribery recovered the second most balls in WCQ for France with 56.  He's ahead of Matuidi who had 44 and only behind Pogba with 60.  Think about that for second and, if you know footy, you realize how truly incredible that is.

He also apparently got cracked ribs in the first Ukraine game and decided to play on.  He's out for the Dortmund game and likely also for the CL game mid week.  One of those things you re-assess until it heals.

Goals is only the end product of a lot of work...  So is avoiding taking goals.  Ribery does all of it:  He helps avoid goals, he builds up play and he participates in the final product of an attack.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by RonaldoGreatestEverRM Fri Nov 22, 2013 4:58 am

Yohan Modric wrote:It would be for the past year, however the question is who's actually the better player if Ronaldo did win the Ballon d'Or?

When determining who is the better player, would all time status/ability count, or would it be what the player has done in the past year? Just a few things to consider.
What a stupid question.. WOW

Of course its ONLY ABOUT THE PAST YEAR.

Again, this is not who is GREATER (ALL TIME).... smh
RonaldoGreatestEverRM
RonaldoGreatestEverRM
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by RonaldoGreatestEverRM Fri Nov 22, 2013 5:01 am

harhar11 wrote:
Blue Barrett wrote:You do know the last month or two count as part of the year, right?

Total goals in 2013

Ronaldo = 66

Messi + Ribery = 64

Let's be serious, please.
And how big was the difference before Messi got his first big injury this season? I know that since Messi got his injury, C.ronaldo has scored 22(13 goals in the league, 5 in the CL and 4 against sweden), while Messi has only scored 3 goals(all 3 against Milan).

So basically the big difference between Messi's and C.ronaldo goaltally has been made this last 2 months, which means what I and Casciavit said is true.
Since Messi got his injury, Ronaldo has played vs sweden only...... lol
RonaldoGreatestEverRM
RonaldoGreatestEverRM
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by RonaldoGreatestEverRM Fri Nov 22, 2013 5:15 am

...Kind of sad really...

"At the end of the day if individual performances do not translate to trophies are you really the best player?"

That BS Logic doe
RonaldoGreatestEverRM
RonaldoGreatestEverRM
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Fri Nov 22, 2013 5:16 am

RonaldoGreatestEverRM wrote:
Since Messi got his injury, Ronaldo has played vs sweden only...... lol
I thought that it was pretty obvious that I was referring to Messi's first major injury this season, which was against Almeria and made him miss a couple of games, and not the one against Betis :facepalm:

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Robben #10 Fri Nov 22, 2013 2:40 pm

Dnmac4 wrote:I've said this in other threads and I will post it again here.  It is still shocking to me that people think Ribery was the best player in the world last year.

To come to that opinion you have to just completely ignore some pretty glaring facts about Frank Ribery.

1) He scored 1 freaking goal in last years Champions League.  That's right, 1 goal.  Yes, you read that correctly 1 goal.

2) Since he only had 1 goal he must have had a ton of assists in last years CL. Nope, 2 freaking assists.  Yes, 2 assists.

3) He is not the best player on his own team let alone the world.  Lahm and Neuer are easily better players and I would even add a couple other players Bayern have on there team that are better and no, Robben isn't one of them.  

4)His form for France has been good.  Not exceptional but good.  IT's very obvious to me he doesn't really have the ability that Messi, Ronaldo, Ibra and others do to lead there national teams and put them on there back when need be.  In fact I would say Portugal to an extent underachieved and Argentina has at times as well but France since they lost Zidane (the same class of player Messi and Ronaldo are) have at most times been a total disaster, especially when you consider the talent at there disposal.

Now can any of the Ribery supporters really sit here and tell me if Ronaldo or Messi scored 1 goal and 2 assists in the CL they wouldn't be crucified?  Hell I've heard people say Messi and Ronaldo  didn't play well in certain CL games when they have scored 2 goals in that 1 game let alone the whole tournament.

If either Messi and Ronaldo had Ribery statistics from last year people would not in a million years consider them for the Balon D'or they would be posting things like "has Messi lost it" or What's wrong with Ronaldo, should Madrid sell him".

It's like people judge Ribery on a different level than Messi and Ronaldo.  They know he's not even close to as good as those 2 so they say well Ribery had a good year for Ribery so he should get the best player in the world award because his team is really good.

I mean I may be alone on this point but do people really think last years Bayern team couldn't win the CL with out Ribery?  I think they could have and pretty easily too.  

If you watch Bayern they are quite used to playing w/o ribery in the side and there really isn't a huge difference, the same can be said about France.

Can you say that about Barca or Madrid?  no, they are a shell of themselves w/o Messi and Ronaldo.

It's like people think Ribery is a Defensive midfielder.  He plays the same position basically as Ronaldo and very close to Messi yet his stats are a shell of what Ronaldo and MEssi put up.

To end this, if you judge Ribery under the same criteria as Messi and Ronaldo it's 100% impossible to think he deserves an individual award over those 2.  It's not even close.
What a stupid post. Quit with your posturing and acting like you have actually watched us play this year.
Robben #10
Robben #10
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Robben #10 Fri Nov 22, 2013 2:55 pm

Dnmac4 wrote:LOL, if you think Ribery is the best player on Bayern you don't know a thing about football.   Ribery has a well documented injury and history to miss games and when he doesn't play Bayern rarely misses a beat.  In fact they will play Dortmund this weekend with out him and they will be just fine.

Manuel Neuer and Phillip Lahm are better players then Ribery. You would be in the minority if you think otherwise as most people share this opinion.
Laughing Our results against first-division teams since October 2012:

With Ribéry: 53 matches, 48 wins, 5 draws, 0 losses
Without Ribéry: 9 matches, 4 wins, 2 draws, 3 losses

"When he doesn't play Bayern rarely misses a beat". Laughing

Robben #10
Robben #10
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:28 pm

9 games isn't that big a sample size tbf.

Ribery is a very big part of Bayern though, but is he the most crucial? If he is I don't think it's by that much.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by teamanarchy Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:48 pm

Ronaldo has definitely won the media over... Everybody is talking about him...
And that's what the Balon D'Or is really... A popularity contest.
So, yes, he's won it. Deservedly so, I believe.
However, I hope he sticks to his word from a few weeks ago where he said he doesn't care about the award and that he doesn't even attend the ceremony...
Would be the big "f@$& you" that FIFA needs to show them that they're full of sh@&.
But alas... Ronaldo isn't THAT cool and it probably won't happen.
teamanarchy
teamanarchy
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

https://www.facebook.com/#!/ks16152913

Back to top Go down

Post by Robben #10 Fri Nov 22, 2013 4:28 pm

Zealous wrote:9 games isn't that big a sample size tbf.

Ribery is a very big part of Bayern though, but is he the most crucial? If he is I don't think it's by that much.
I'm not sure if you watch us play, but in the matches he missed we were very poor in the majority of them.

1:2 loss to Leverkusen (Bundesliga) - no real chances created, statistics of the match are very deceiving. We were lazy and un-inventive throughout the match. Both of Leverkusen's goals developed from our left wing ... where Ribéry wasn't playing.

1:1 draw to Nürnberg (Bundesliga) - we had the same amount of attempts on goal as Nürnberg ... I rest my case.

2:1 win to Leverkusen (Bundesliga) - Gómez scored a once-in-a-lifetime goal and we won by a late own-goal. We had 2 attempts on goal in that match.

1:1 draw to Dortmund (Bundesliga) - Neuer saved us with a late penalty save, Dortmund were the more creative team and more offensive.

0:2 loss to Arsenal (Champions League) - Crappy performance, Alaba's only defensive mistake of the Champions League came when nobody would support him on the left wing. We were the dominant team but could only create one real chance that was fluffed by Robben.

1:0 win to Dortmund (DfB-Pokal) - By far the more dominant team, yet nothing created. Robben scored a wonder goal out of nothing.

6:1 win to Wolfsburg (DfB-Pokal) - Clinical in Shaqiri's favourite competition. A dominant performance against a below-average team.

2:4 loss to Dortmund (DfB-Supercup) - 3 out of Dortmund's 4 goals developed from our left wing ... where Ribéry wasn't playing. Our defense was woeful to be fair, but Alaba rarely makes individual errors and he made another without Ribéry. Nothing significant offensively developed from our left wing, almost everything came from Lahm and Robben on the right wing.

4:1 win to Mainz (Bundesliga) - Probably the worst first half under Guardiola. Götze comes in the second half and he completely changes the match with individual brilliance. The most telling thing is that not a single chance developed from our left wing until Götze came into the match.
Robben #10
Robben #10
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Robben #10 Fri Nov 22, 2013 4:28 pm

Again, I am not sure if you watch us play on a regular basis, but there should be no doubt that Ribéry is our best and most important player.

In the Bundesliga, he is literally streets ahead of every other player in the league. None of Europe's top leagues have such a big difference as the Bundesliga. I can honestly tell you that Ribéry has not had a single bad match in the Bundesliga in his last 38 matches, which is all of last season and this season. He oozes consistency. There is not a single 'player rating' site that doesn't put Ribéry at #1 from what I have seen. Kicker, Bild, TM, even Whoscored rate Ribéry as by far the best player in the league.

He was our most important player in the Champions League. The ones that don't watch Bayern regularly will discount his influence, but several fans who's opinions I trust and appreciate know exactly what I mean. There is no player in our team who could have fulfilled the role he did for us in the knock-out stages of the Champions League. I'd go as far as saying there is no winger who was capable of doing that.

I don't like Ribéry, but I cannot possibly undermine his performances over the past 7 seasons.

Ask any Bayern fan about our best players in the past 7 seasons year-by-year, and Ribéry should be #1 in at least 4 of them, 5 of them if you discount Robben's injury-plagued season.

His influence to the team is even greater than Robben's was in 2010, when he almost carried us to the treble. Ribéry is actually so good, and it really takes seeing him to appreciate his value to the team.

He is easily one of our greatest players in the club's history, definitely in the top 15. I'd go as far as to say that he would be the starting winger in an all-time team. He's arguably the best player we've had since 2000. His form over the past year or so is comparable to Robben's peak in 2009-2011.

There are people who just look at the stats (look at Dnmac4 for instance) and arrive at a completely inaccurate conclusion. You can't just compare Ribéry's style of play to Messi's and Ronaldo's, it's just totally warped logic.

He is definitely not the most talented, or skilled player in the world, but his performances over the past year definitely make him a leading Ballon d'Or candidate.
Robben #10
Robben #10
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Footyfan Fri Nov 22, 2013 4:52 pm

Robben #10 wrote:Again, I am not sure if you watch us play on a regular basis, but there should be no doubt that Ribéry is our best and most important player.

In the Bundesliga, he is literally streets ahead of every other player in the league. None of Europe's top leagues have such a big difference as the Bundesliga. I can honestly tell you that Ribéry has not had a single bad match in the Bundesliga in his last 38 matches, which is all of last season and this season. He oozes consistency. There is not a single 'player rating' site that doesn't put Ribéry at #1 from what I have seen. Kicker, Bild, TM, even Whoscored rate Ribéry as by far the best player in the league.

He was our most important player in the Champions League. The ones that don't watch Bayern regularly will discount his influence, but several fans who's opinions I trust and appreciate know exactly what I mean. There is no player in our team who could have fulfilled the role he did for us in the knock-out stages of the Champions League. I'd go as far as saying there is no winger who was capable of doing that.

I don't like Ribéry, but I cannot possibly undermine his performances over the past 7 seasons.

Ask any Bayern fan about our best players in the past 7 seasons year-by-year, and Ribéry should be #1 in at least 4 of them, 5 of them if you discount Robben's injury-plagued season.

His influence to the team is even greater than Robben's was in 2010, when he almost carried us to the treble. Ribéry is actually so good, and it really takes seeing him to appreciate his value to the team.

He is easily one of our greatest players in the club's history, definitely in the top 15. I'd go as far as to say that he would be the starting winger in an all-time team. He's arguably the best player we've had since 2000. His form over the past year or so is comparable to Robben's peak in 2009-2011.

There are people who just look at the stats (look at Dnmac4 for instance) and arrive at a completely inaccurate conclusion. You can't just compare Ribéry's style of play to Messi's and Ronaldo's, it's just totally warped logic.

He is definitely not the most talented, or skilled player in the world, but his performances over the past year definitely make him a leading Ballon d'Or candidate.
This is just my personal opinion but I think he has no role in the CHL what-so-ever and hence does not deserve the B D'or. He had always played deep and I think the heat map is a divertionary tactic and does not show the real picture.

We had less possession vs Barca and we killed them on the counter and against Dortmund we were out-played the 1st half and the whole play from deep completely bombed. Bayern dominated when Javi played higher up and took the attack to the opposition.

The other aspect is that Ribery played too deep and uni-dimensional game while Robben played 2 Different Roles. He played RW in the 1st half and defended and attacked and played a more central role in the 2nd half and caused havoc. Part of this was due to Muller pressing Pirlo,Xavi, Gundogan and also alternating positions with Robben allowing him to go furthur up when needed.

The other aspect is that the sample size is wrong. Who are the 45 teams? Because the 9 teams are very hard with matches against Dortmund, Leverkusen and Arsenal. Are 40 of the 45 matches equally hard or is it about beating Relegation Feeder.

Bear in mind that Bayern beat Dortmund 2-1 in the Super-Cup without Ribery and 1-0 in the Pokal Quarters without Ribery.

As for Bayern's best player apart from what you talk about last season Robben apart the 2009-10 season he was evern more brilliant in 2010-11 season and he had around 28 odd Goals + Asissts is 16 Matches only.

Ribery was better in the 11-12 season and perhaps the last.

Other than that I agree with everything you say Ribery's consistency level is beyond all players in the BL. He's probably had a good matches in 80-90% of the games. He's defended, he's run, he's been self-less and he's by far had the highest contribution in the BL and should have won the German Player of the Year which Schweni won.

My post I hope is not to undermine Ribery and the fact that he had a completely stellar season especially in the BL

Footyfan
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Robben #10 Fri Nov 22, 2013 5:29 pm

I don't understand your point. You say that Ribéry had no role in the Champions League, but then you go on to explain very loosely how important he was in the semi-final and final.

The average positions of the players speak volumes - without Kroos, Ribéry sacrificed his immense offensive ability to play a much deeper role in the team to control the midfield. That's what made him so important.

In the group stages, he was our best player. In the knock-out stages, especially against Barcelona and Dortmund, he was our most important. It's exactly what I mean when I say that nobody in our team could play his role.

Look at the big teams we have played against with Ribéry, and we have not lost against: Juventus, Arsenal, Barcelona, Dortmund, Manchester City, Chelsea. Ribéry was fantastic in many of these matches. Then look at the teams we have lost against without Ribéry: Arsenal, Dortmund, Leverkusen.

It's not even about if it's against relegation fodder or not. We have poor performances against the likes of Freiburg and Nürnberg without Ribéry in the Bundesliga. Our only draws in the Bundesliga last season were against Dortmund and Gladbach, and in both matches he was our best player from what I recall.

In the past 7 seasons (2007/08-2013/14), Ribéry has been the best in the majority of them: 2008, 2009, 2011, 2012, and 2013. Robben was injured for the majority of 2011 and I made a note of it in my post.

I have no idea what you're talking about when it comes to the Super Cup in 2012. Our first goal came from one of the best assists I have ever seen in the past 20 or so years from a Bayern player.

OFFICIAL: FIFA Ballon d'or 2013 - Voting extended - Page 26 TpPNqVO

I do rate Robben higher than Ribéry in terms of ability, but in terms of performance Ribéry is ahead for the year. I just don't understand why some of the people here have to put down Ribéry to make the players they prefer seem better...
Robben #10
Robben #10
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Footyfan Fri Nov 22, 2013 6:50 pm

Robben #10 wrote:I don't understand your point. You say that Ribéry had no role in the Champions League, but then you go on to explain very loosely how important he was in the semi-final and final.

The average positions of the players speak volumes - without Kroos, Ribéry sacrificed his immense offensive ability to play a much deeper role in the team to control the midfield. That's what made him so important.

In the group stages, he was our best player. In the knock-out stages, especially against Barcelona and Dortmund, he was our most important. It's exactly what I mean when I say that nobody in our team could play his role.

Look at the big teams we have played against with Ribéry, and we have not lost against: Juventus, Arsenal, Barcelona, Dortmund, Manchester City, Chelsea. Ribéry was fantastic in many of these matches. Then look at the teams we have lost against without Ribéry: Arsenal, Dortmund, Leverkusen.

It's not even about if it's against relegation fodder or not. We have poor performances against the likes of Freiburg and Nürnberg without Ribéry in the Bundesliga. Our only draws in the Bundesliga last season were against Dortmund and Gladbach, and in both matches he was our best player from what I recall.

In the past 7 seasons (2007/08-2013/14), Ribéry has been the best in the majority of them: 2008, 2009, 2011, 2012, and 2013. Robben was injured for the majority of 2011 and I made a note of it in my post.

I have no idea what you're talking about when it comes to the Super Cup in 2012. Our first goal came from one of the best assists I have ever seen in the past 20 or so years from a Bayern player.

I do rate Robben higher than Ribéry in terms of ability, but in terms of performance Ribéry is ahead for the year. I just don't understand why some of the people here have to put down Ribéry to make the players they prefer seem better...
The average position does speak volumes and it again shows the role RIbery plays. He is not capable of playing 2 Different games in 2 havles Robben-Muller played a more aggressive game in the 2nd half soemthing Ribery was not capable of.

His position clearly shows he has no role, way too deep and left sided to cause damage up the pitch. Besides we never controlled the mid-field either against Dortmund or Barcelona. Dortmund out-played us in the 1st half and we only did well when Javi came out in attacking mode and Robben Muller played further up-front. Otherwise we tried to play deep and control like Ribery was and it completely bombed. Schweni was between the CB's and could not handle Dortmund's pressing in the 1st Half.

Barca has more posession,tooth-less possession, we never controlled the match. We killed them it the break and it set-pieces,crosses.

Ribery's Heat Map is always like that. He defends a lot and he plays deep. It is not a fair comparision when you compare the Heat Maps of Ribery vs Plzen and Barca. It is ridiculous comparison.

I think if you compare the heat maps against Real in the semis or Dortmund in the league, he does play there. Kroos playing actually makes the team build for Ribery as he plays very deep and left sided for a No.10 and combined with Alaba and Ribery.

RIbery also has never been that good against Dortmund. I dont re-call but did he play in the Super-Cup when Robben scored twice in the 2-4 Defeat. He was very bad if he played.

I repeat this is not about criticizing but its odd to see his qualities be such grossly exaggerated. He did not play well in the final - Oh well his heat map is deep and left and he must have helped control the game

Footyfan
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Nov 22, 2013 7:29 pm

Let it go Robben...  most here are pseudo footy guys who have no real idea that football is not about just the goalkeeper save or the goal scores... it's just as much about everything else that goes into it.

In the end, Bayern and Ribery will keep collecting trophies while Cr7 will revel in his own personal shrine with virtually no team trophies.  

In the NBA, a majority of people complete disgarded Lebron James despite his personal stats until he won a trophy.  he played for a meh team like cleveland and lifted them... he got deserved credit for that. But at miami with an elite squad, it's trophy or bust. Same for Kobe and all of them...  even Mj was mostly laughed at until his team won (it took him 7 years).  Yet in footy, the guy who doesn't win despite playing for an elite team should be celebrated Laughing

Last edited by sportsczy on Fri Nov 22, 2013 7:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Robben #10 Fri Nov 22, 2013 7:32 pm

Footyfan wrote:*snip*
I am not going to waste my time replying to a half-wit who has no idea what the *bleep* he is talking about. That's awful.
Robben #10
Robben #10
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:40 pm

Speaking about popularity contest, Cristiano is more famous and has a bigger fanbase in the world.

Cristiano played for 2 of the biggest clubs in the world Real Madrid and Man Utd. Before the beginning of this season, Cristiano was voted the best goal-scorer of all-time in Champions League history by fans on uefa's website Laughing

But, when it comes to players and coaches its different. Most coaches and players would prefer to have a player like Messi on their team [talent, achievements and personality] this is why he gets more votes. I still think he has a chance to win it this season, although media hype for CR is funny especially after hat-trick v Sweden [some are acting asif he scored it in a WC Final, its in WC playoffs, games he shouldn't have played if he carried his team out of the easiest group ever )

The annoying part, people mentioning the FIFA/Blatter were reason behind Messi winning previous 4 ballon d'or when 3/4 he won in previous 4 years has been 100% deserved, the only debatable year (2010) he won it with a close range [different opinions, trophies (treble) v individual brilliance+1major trophy].

The only time that FIFA and Blatter interfered was this year, when they extended the voting from 15 to 29 Nov and giving voters the chance to change their votes after Cristiano great performance in the weeks!
Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:06 pm

2012 was not deserved . iniesta was more deserving of the award  .

messi flopped in the most important games of that season : the classico agianst real, the 2 matches against chelsea..

ronaldo is more popular when it comes to commercial value in the mainstream world , but in football  , he's  easily one of the most  disliked characters in the sport.

Last edited by farfan on Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:15 pm

sportsczy wrote:Let it go Robben...  most here are pseudo footy guys who have no real idea that football is not about just the goalkeeper save or the goal scores... it's just as much about everything else that goes into it.

In the end, Bayern and Ribery will keep collecting trophies while Cr7 will revel in his own personal shrine with virtually no team trophies.  

In the NBA, a majority of people complete disgarded Lebron James despite his personal stats until he won a trophy.  he played for a meh team like cleveland and lifted them...  he got deserved credit for that.  But at miami with an elite squad, it's trophy or bust.  Same for Kobe and all of them...  even Mj was mostly laughed at until his team won (it took him 7 years).  Yet in footy, the guy who doesn't win despite playing for an elite team should be celebrated Laughing
the NBA analogy doesn't hold up . there is more room for an individual impact of a given basketball player on his team than in football .

if you truly wanted to crown the best individual performance of the year, then you shouldn't punish players for their team's shortcomings .

this retarted mentality is why legends like totti were never considered for the award, while scrubs like owen managed to win it .
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:03 pm

Robben #10 wrote:Again, I am not sure if you watch us play on a regular basis, but there should be no doubt that Ribéry is our best and most important player.

Robben #10 wrote:I don't understand your point. You say that Ribéry had no role in the Champions League, but then you go on to explain very loosely how important he was in the semi-final and final.

OFFICIAL: FIFA Ballon d'or 2013 - Voting extended - Page 26 Old-man-crying-gif
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:32 pm

http://www.lequipe.fr/Football/Actualites/Ribery-espere-mi-decembre/418976

Again, Ribery played the last 1.5 games for NT with broken ribs... he got it in the first half of the first leg.  He toughed it out because of the importance of the games and did very well.

Pep says in the above article that he hopes to have him back by mid-December now for the club world cup.  

From what i heard, one of the ribs punctured something internally and he needs to wait for it to heal...
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Sat Nov 23, 2013 1:04 am

good for him , but not relevant to the ballon d'or discussion .
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Sat Nov 23, 2013 1:29 am

farfan wrote:2012 was not deserved . iniesta was more deserving of the award  .

messi flopped in the most important games of that season : the classico agianst real, the 2 matches against chelsea..

ronaldo is more popular when it comes to commercial value in the mainstream world , but in football  , he's  easily one of the most  disliked characters in the sport.
Stop it. Iniesta is my favorite player, but like fck did he deserve the ballon d'or last year. He was great at the Euro's, but for Barca, he was inconsistent. That year it was Messi and Busquets + 9 others.

If Messi didn't deserve it in 2012, then it should have gone to Pirlo. Best player in Serie A and, together with Iniesta, the best player at the Euro's. But then again, if messi didn't deserve it that year, then c.ronaldo sure as hell doesn't deserve it this year.

Last edited by harhar11 on Sat Nov 23, 2013 1:45 am; edited 1 time in total

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 26 of 39 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 32 ... 39  Next