Lippi: Juve need to believe

Go down

Lippi: Juve need to believe Empty Lippi: Juve need to believe

Post by DeviAngel Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:19 pm

Marcello Lippi has outlined how he sees Juventus as capable of playing ‘two great games’ against Real Madrid in the Champions League.

The Bianconeri will come up against Carlo Ancelotti’s Madrid in matchdays three and four of the Champions League group phase continuing later this month.

Juve have won four of the last five matches between the two teams in the competition and the author of more than one of those is optimistic for Antonio Conte’s chances of continuing the run.

“We always did well - when we went to Madrid and back in Turin,” mused Lippi to Tuttosport today.

“Yes, as far as I am concerned I have only great memories - the narrow defeat in Spain and then the home victory in the knockout stages to progress to the next round and the semi-finals.

“Of course, now this is not the knockout phase this time, but these remain two very important games - a win would again give great impetus to Juventus’ season.

“The recipe is…simple - belief in their own ability, no awe of the opponent, organisation. The important thing is to believe and this Juve is very similar to my Juventus - they have all the characteristics that they need.

“Besides, Madrid are not so brilliant, so… You will see, we can expect two great games from Juventus.”

The World Cup-winning tactician cast his eye over the start to the Serie A season, which sees Roma leading the way.

“It’s really a great championship. It is as I said it would be, that if Roma found themselves well with a new Coach, that they would have a great season. And they have started with great success.

“Then there is a Napoli that is solid, combative, with quality. And I do not disregard even Fiorentina - I note with pleasure that Beppe Rossi is back to his level.

“Juve? They are taken for granted. In my grid they are in pole position. And they are as strong as before, more than before.

“I read and hear of a drop in hunger, grit, but I do not think so. They have simply changed the expectations of the surrounding environment, but in reality I believe that a team of Antonio Conte’s remains favourite, ready to repeat itself.”
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down