Lippi: ‘Juve believe in title’

Go down

Lippi: ‘Juve believe in title’  Empty Lippi: ‘Juve believe in title’

Post by DeviAngel Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:43 am

Former Juventus boss Marcello Lippi is adamant that the Old Lady can win the Scudetto this season.

The Bianconeri maintained top spot in the table on Sunday with an impressive win against Milan, a tie which the tactician believes confirms their ability.

“The 2-0 win over Milan was worth more than the three points,” the 2006 World Cup winner told the Gazzetta dello Sport.

“It was a question of self-esteem, a match that saw them re-find their Juventinity, their first big home win.

“The Juve seen against Milan had enthusiasm, a competitive charge, organisation, wisdom, technical and tactical maturity.

“They also have a lot of potential that has yet to be expressed. There are lots of new players, from Elia to Estigarribia, to still discover.”

Many in Turin, including new boss Antonio Conte, have moved quickly to cool the enthusiasm around the side, but Lippi insists they have championship success on their mind.

“Conte may not want to hear about a title challenge, but they humbly believe,” continued the Coach.

“Why shouldn’t they talk about the Scudetto? Perhaps it was thought that they needed more time. But the League is very balanced and everything is possible.”

Juventus’ start to the campaign has seen comparisons made between Lippi’s majestic Bianconeri outfit and Conte’s evolving team.

“Conte has grit, determination, anger – there was no better man for Juve to turn to,” Lippi said of his former captain in Turin.

“In reality, they also gave it a go with Ciro Ferrara, but he was unlucky for a number of different reasons.”

Turning to his own future, the man who hasn’t worked since Italy’s disastrous 2010 World Cup campaign is keen to get back to work.

“I really want to return to the game. I don’t want to spend another winter in Viareggio – there are fewer things to do there than in the summer.

“I wanted to dedicate myself to my family until autumn and I turned down many offers, but now I’m back on the track.

“I’d like to work abroad and take a country to Brazil 2014 – something is moving.”
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum