The Franchise
Forza
DeletedUser#1
46 posters

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Champions League Discussion- Week 1 Empty Champions League Discussion- Week 1

Post by DeletedUser#1 Sun Sep 15, 2013 5:01 pm

Now it's the real business. I thought a new thread will be appropriate. There'll be many talking points.

From my point of view, the games I'm looking forward to the most are:

United vs Leverkusen
Sociedad vs Shakhtar
Gala vs Madrid
Marsellie vs Arsenal
Napoli vs BVB
Atletico vs Zenit
Milan vs Celtic

---------------------
Other games:
Copenhagen vs Juve
Bayern vs CSKA
Plzen vs City
Chelsea vs Basel
Schalke vs Steaua
Austria vs. Porto
Barca vs. Ajax

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Champions League Discussion- Week 1 Empty Re: Champions League Discussion- Week 1

Post by Forza Sun Sep 15, 2013 5:11 pm

Napoli v BVB will be huge. Napoli rested a few of their important players for 65 mins of their last Serie A game.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Champions League Discussion- Week 1 Empty Re: Champions League Discussion- Week 1

Post by The Franchise Sun Sep 15, 2013 5:12 pm

We really have to get 3 points here, the most offensive minded (therefore likely least defensive) opponent at home, with Eriksen and Alderweireld gone.

I got respect for Enoh, Fischer, Van Rhijn and the other talented dudes they have, but gotta get the 3 points here.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Sun Sep 15, 2013 5:43 pm

I fear for Dortmund tbh. They have struggled to break down teams that play on the counter, which is what Arsenal and Napoli will do. I guess you could say this is the next step in Klopp's coaching evolution. That is why they lost so many points last season. They are superior this season so we will see.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun Sep 15, 2013 5:51 pm

Manc United v Leverkusen, Moyes v Hyypiä, can't wait bounce
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Sun Sep 15, 2013 5:53 pm

Well, Napoli are a serious team. But so is Dortmund. I'm looking forward to an exciting match there! I just hope the fans in Naples will behave this time.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Sun Sep 15, 2013 5:56 pm

Napoli VS BVB will be the match to watch this week. Barca VS Ajax maybe good too.
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by TenMenWonTheLeague Sun Sep 15, 2013 5:58 pm

Very excited and anxious for our game against Milan. They have a lot of injuries and we are playing well just now. I'm not too confident but hopefully we can snatch a draw.
TenMenWonTheLeague
TenMenWonTheLeague
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Wolfsburg

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Sun Sep 15, 2013 6:01 pm

jibers wrote:I fear for Dortmund tbh. They have struggled to break down teams that play on the counter, which is what Arsenal and Napoli will do. I guess you could say this is the next step in Klopp's coaching evolution. That is why they lost so many points last  season. They are superior this season so we will see.
They didn't exactly struggle against Madrid and Shakthar did they hmm. Both teams play on the counter and they beat them in there own game lol.

And if anything is to go by with last seasons performance, you can expect Dortmund to be the ones hitting on the break and giving the opposition more time on the ball.

They're also a more direct team compared to last season.

TBH, the most important thing for Dortmund this season should be an increase of concentration from the defenders. They committed too many individual errors which luckily were not all capitalized on.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Sep 15, 2013 6:40 pm

OM hasn't been very good the last 2 weeks... but we play great defense. So it's going to be a tough game regardless. A lot of new players getting in. Should play a starting XI of:

Mandanda-Nkoulou-Mendes-Fanni-Mendy-Imbula-Romao-Valbuena-Payet-Gignac.

The good news is you have Andre Ayew, Thauvin and Khlifa on the bench. So you have come in with very good players in the late stages to force a result.

As far as PSG... it'll be interesting because of injuries. Alex and Pastore are out. You should see Marquinhos play his first game of the season. Expected starting XI

Sirigu-Silva-Marquinhos-Jallet-Maxwell-Matuidi-Veratti-Motta-Lucas-Cavani-Ibrahimovic.

I think Lavezzi is going to rotate with Lucas for a while here.

Madrid... who the heck knows. We looked terrible last night because the team balance was terrible. Midfield reminded me of the Mou days. I expect a very tough game.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sun Sep 15, 2013 6:43 pm

Has Digne made his debut for PSG?
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Sun Sep 15, 2013 6:47 pm

If Conte doesn't start rotating i'm gonna set things on fire ffs.

Can't wait for Dortmund - Napoli and I am genuinely worried for Milan.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sun Sep 15, 2013 7:01 pm

We really need the three points but knowing us and some of our players its impossible to guarantee this. I am glad Galas best midfielder and main creator couldn't make it because that will make our task of not conceding a hell of alot easier

looking forward to Napoli vs BVB as well. the best game this week easily
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by TenMenWonTheLeague Sun Sep 15, 2013 7:07 pm

Tomwin Lannister wrote:If Conte doesn't start rotating i'm gonna set things on fire ffs.

Can't wait for Dortmund - Napoli and I am genuinely worried for Milan.
I'm more hopeful than I would usually be in an away game against Milan with the injuries they have. Still a huge ask for us though.

I think Leverkusen will take something at Old Trafford.

Napoli v Dortmund will be an excellent game.
TenMenWonTheLeague
TenMenWonTheLeague
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Wolfsburg

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:34 pm

WOO HOOO CL already? NICE! Ive missed it Smile
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:12 pm

I haven't kept tabs on them - can anyone tell me how CSKA is doing these days?
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by S Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:37 pm

Any upsets on Matchday 1 ?

Napoli winning against Dortmund ? Gala pulling off a shock win ? etc etc
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:12 pm

Hyypia at Old Trafford is going to be golden. But of course the crème de la crème this week is Napoli vs BVB. GTFI Rafa you beauty.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:16 pm

El Shaarawy wrote:Has Digne made his debut for PSG?
He has. Started the last game and played all 90. PSG have 7 games in 23 days starting this past weekend. I can see him playing at least 2 more of them.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:24 pm

Napoli 3-2 Dortmund in Germany.

I called it first.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by S Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:41 pm

Isco :

"Real Madrid are favourites for the Champions League trophy," the 21-year-old told a press conference.

"It shouldn't become an obsession, but we will give everything for la Decima.

Coach Carlo Ancelotti recently faced criticism for letting Mesut Ozil leave for Arsenal, but Isco is convinced the club's new signings easily make up for the loss of the valuable assist creator.

"After Mesut Ozil's departure, not much has changed. Now we have Gareth Bale and we are tyring to help him.

"With new additions this summer, we can clinch the title this season."
Dat humility Proud

Inb4 bad translation,mistranslation whatever crap.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:44 pm

Madrid ain't even the favorites for Copa del Rey ffs. Isco please.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by S Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:37 pm

Juventus coach Antonio Conte has branded his side as Champions League underdogs, but "dangerous ones" at that.

The Bianconeri join Real Madrid, Galatasaray and Copenhagen in Group B and Conte feels his side have a good chance of proceeding to the knockout stages by coming out on top.

"Juventus can be considered as Champions League outsiders, but dangerous ones," the 44-year-old told reporters at the press conference leading into the first group-stage encounter against Copenhagen.

"We're realistic, but we won't place limits on how far we can go.

"The added year of experience could be fundamental. In the Champions League groups you only have six games and it's difficult to recover after any slip-ups.

"What won't change is the team's philosophy. I'm convinced everyone will give me the responses I'm looking for.

"On paper you would say that Juventus and Galatasaray will battle it out for second place, yet Copenhagen could cause an upset."

And Conte believes that Madrid, fresh from splashing out €100 million on Gareth Bale, are rightly being strongly-tipped to wrestle the trophy from Bayern Munich.

"It's a fascinating group. Real Madrid are chasing their 10th Champions League title and have spent a lot of money. They're favourites."

Juventus will play their first Champions League match of the season on September 17 against Copenhagen.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:09 pm

Isco's press conference:

How to face the challenge of the Tenth?

It is important not to become obsessed with winning the Champions League. We all have great enthusiasm and desire to win. We will give everything. It is important to start well and that we will try to do.

Does the coach insisted they required to win the Tenth?

In the vesturario nobody has talked about obsession. It's a dream to win the Tenth. There are team and confidence and is only to work hard to achieve the goal. We will give everything.

Galatasaray is much stronger at home. Are you worried?

We know that at home, with their environment, is doubly strong. Has up very dangerous people, but we will try to play our game, which is most important.

Did this may be the season of their revalidation in Europe?

I hope to help the team as much as possible. We face the best teams in Europe and we must do everything possible to pull this off. The team has been strengthened well enough to try to conquer the tenth Champions League, but we hope this is the year.

Are you playing where he likes?

I feel comfortable where I put the coach and look forward to taking minutes. The important thing is to play.

How does the rotation in goal?

We have two portrazos who are in a spectacular way and whoever plays we will have the goal covered.

How is that adaptation of Bale?

He has trained around with us, but is seen to be a great player. As demonstrated with the draw at Villarreal and I hope we continue to give much more.

Do you feel more responsibility after the departure of Özil?

I feel the same responsibility as Mesut. It has been a significant drop for us but Bale has come, it also helps us a lot in the offensive side.

How about Drogba?

Sneijder, Drogba, Yilmaz ... They are all over the net and we'll have to do a great job to stop them. Striker Drogba is a very powerful and strong.
I think Celtic might be able to snatch a draw at San Siro with so many injuries for Milan. Gala can beat us easily if we don't defend as a unit. A Napoli win with Higgy scoring will be sweet. but something tells me Dortmund will batter them. I mean imagine Reus vs Armero lmao
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:39 am

Funny trivia: No English team that was drawn with FC Basel in a CL group has advanced to the Last 16 until now. Basel's victims so far: Liverpool and Manchester United
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next