Art Morte
jibers
The Franchise
Forza
DeletedUser#1
46 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Champions League Discussion- Week 1 - Page 5 Empty Re: Champions League Discussion- Week 1

Post by Helmer Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:57 pm

SKY Germany, saying it was not really a referee's mistake...Hummels could have done better with the first goal

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Champions League Discussion- Week 1 - Page 5 Empty Re: Champions League Discussion- Week 1

Post by rwo power Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:59 pm

Got Mou's reaction from bbc.cu.uk:
MANAGER REACTION - Chelsea 1-2 Basel

Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho: "I'm not in shock. Sometimes you win sometimes you lose. The reality is that sometimes you don't win. I'm not happy of course. We have taken a step back in qualification but we have to assume responsibility. We have five games left to finish in the top two.

"Basel played very well. We had a lot of the ball but we couldn't create many chances. Basel equalised at our best moment of the game. After that we were punished defensively. We are strong at defending corners. Emotionally this is not a mature team and when you are in a difficult position it was not enough.

"I rotate my team because I have to. I kept the structure of the team and the players must fight for position. It was not individuals who lost the match."
Source: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24148789
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:00 pm

So does he mean to say, he got it wrong hmm

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:01 pm

Emotionally not mature? I thought this was the Champion's league, not 16 And Pregnant ffs
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:02 pm

Lex lmfao
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:02 pm

Lex wrote:Emotionally not mature? I thought this was the Champion's league, not 16 And Pregnant ffs
LMFAO
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:02 pm

Lex Proud

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by S Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:03 pm

I always thought Klopp had some sort of 'passionate' anger in him the way he bites his teeth and all but this was something different Laughing

He would've chokeslammed the referee if he ever was allowed to. Laughing
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:05 pm

Kloppo the KANE of BL

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:07 pm

BTW, Klopp's red card means he isn't allowed to give interviews before 15 minutes after the match either XD
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:40 pm

LMAO Lex. rofl You always brighten up my day with your humour.

As for being immature. Average team age for Chelsea is 27.9. rofl
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by S Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:43 pm

S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Suarez99 Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:25 pm

rwo power wrote:I really wonder when the English will take Basel serious. "Chelsea got the easiest group, should top it with ease"... Reminds me of "Man Utd got the easiest group and should top it with ease" two seasons ago.
The English take very few sides outside Real Madrid & Barcelona seriously tbh.

Basel have beaten Man U, Spurs & Chelsea in recent seasons. I wonder how many points they would win the EPL by?
Suarez99
Suarez99
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by aleumdance Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:27 pm

Arsenal seem to be the only English side who takes group stages seriously lately

only problem is second round we get difficult teams, Barcelona, Milan, Bayern..Jesus
aleumdance
aleumdance
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:41 am

We don't usually top our group, thus get difficult teams.

LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by InteristAli Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:09 am

Can anyone hate Dortmund? Klopp and sahin saying that Napoli deserved the win is so refreshing to the "we lost, not they won" shindig... I am just really happy about that for some reason
InteristAli
InteristAli
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:22 am

^^^

I criticized Klopp yesterday for his outburst yet his subsequent apology and acknowledgement over Napoli's clear superiority was very classy and typical of him Post-match. On the sideline he is a completely different man, yet outside that he is quite composed, cultured and very (very) funny.

Never seen a comment from him that has changed my view of the respected man he is.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:25 am

Napoli - Dortmund was a superb game. The best of the round.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by InteristAli Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:28 am

completely agree with you arq, although found the outburst sort of funny in a scary way Laughing still though i understand where you're coming from
InteristAli
InteristAli
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:33 am

Bénin wrote:We don't usually top our group, thus get difficult teams.

Actually, when you played us you finished 1st and we finished 2nd (to Barca). Will history repeat???
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:38 am

halamadrid2 wrote:Ramos accidentally elbowed Iker when Iker went up to collect a ball in the air. Iker tried to continue but after a minute kicked the ball out and asked to be subbed. Lopez had just gotten up to warm up then but had to get in the game swiftly because of ikers inability to continue the game

Ramos posted this pick on twitter after the game

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BUZq720IUAA5EKI.jpg

lex 🇳🇴I am disappointed in you. thought you were gil for a second Laughing
Looool! Ramos with Varane and Pep next to him all season has been fouling opponent he gets, I guess hes gotten so used it he is fouling his own teammates as well XD Cant wait for him and Pepe taking each other out one day. I think that must have happened in the past though too. Them are are just too physical and uncontrolled.
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:13 am

Collblanc wrote:Ronaldo scoring 3 yesterday should have pumped Messi up - prepare for a Messi-show!
Good shout Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:30 am

Arquitescu wrote:^^^

I criticized Klopp yesterday for his outburst yet his subsequent apology and acknowledgement over Napoli's clear superiority was very classy and typical of him Post-match. On the sideline he is a completely different man, yet outside that he is quite composed, cultured and very (very) funny.

Never seen a comment from him that has changed my view of the respected man he is.
Abs agree with this, the reason i admire Kloppo is he is so down to earth and he is not a show something to the world and be something else inside or behind the media.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:33 am

(Almost) all the team I supported have lost in last two days :-(
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:19 am

I liked Klopps reaction, he was mostly right that the ref screwed Dortmund, but on the other hand nothing the ref did was blatantly wrong, Weidenfellers red card was unlucky, but perfectly correct, letting Subotic in late showed a lack of delicacy, but it wasn't really wrong.

Kloppo apoligized to the officials, and to his team - and I liked what he took from the match. He basically said that Napoli was really strong, which they knew going into the tie, but he was also relieved that it seemed like they didn't get trashed even with 10 men - basically saying he expects Dortmund to win the return leg, which pretty much is what most of us expect as well.

It's a shame both of those teams are in the group with Arsenal, though, I'd like all three to progress. One team that absolutely deserves the knockouts will go out in the group stage, I just hate situations like that. But on the other hand it's that kind of suspense that makes the group stage fun.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Thu Sep 19, 2013 1:37 pm

The potential EL winner is in our group.
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next