halamadrid2
Tomwin Lannister
Gil
110 posters

Page 14 of 39 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 26 ... 39  Next

Go down

Karim Benzema - Page 14 Empty Re: Karim Benzema

Post by sportsczy Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:15 pm

nice rant... sell any used cars this week?

sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:15 pm

chad4401 wrote:
McAgger wrote:Sportz in a week you'll use the assists Benz had to argue that he wasn't terrible this match.

Benz has been absolutely atrocious for more than a year. His stat padding hides a lot.
his assist leveled the game, stat padding Laughing

I swear benz is the only player i see on this forum where most treats every goal or assist he has as stat padding but other players goal and assists count :roll:im done Laughing
Ronaldo's interception was 5x more important
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:15 pm

The hypocrisy in this thread is legendary :bow:
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:16 pm

Valkyrja wrote:
chad4401 wrote:
McAgger wrote:Sportz in a week you'll use the assists Benz had to argue that he wasn't terrible this match.

Benz has been absolutely atrocious for more than a year. His stat padding hides a lot.
his assist leveled the game, stat padding Laughing

I swear benz is the only player i see on this forum where most treats every goal or assist he has as stat padding but other players goal and assists count :roll:im done Laughing
Ronaldo's interception was 5x more important
Laughing
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:17 pm

Personally I think if he had played in the games against Juve he might have scored.

Spoiler:
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:19 pm

Benz gets an assist and plays poor = Look at that. His was assist was key to changing the overall dynamic of our team play.

Anyone else gets an assist and plays poor = Poor performance. Stats mean nothing if they aren't performing.

Also, Josh what happened? Why did you run? Going to consult the football Monks about his precious one, Benzema? Laughing
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:25 pm

that's the main thing. I can handle criticism or heated discussions... i like it in fact Laughing But hypocrites get on my last nerve.

For example, Z and i go at it... but his positions are clear and he stands by them. I don't have a problem with that at all. He loves Marcelo and Higuain and professes being a fan of theirs. There is no way that he would take a piss all over them unless they did something truly disgraceful. I know for a fact that he won't turn on them because they go out of fashion.

And that's the thing... you don't turn your back on a club or a player to whom you profess fandom once they go out of fashion and expect me to respect you as a fan. That's bandwagoning of the worse sort.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:28 pm

liking a player =/= thinking he is the best pick for your club no matter what.

I have no problem saying for example that i love benzema's way of playing football, i love it, when it clicks it's beautiful. But i would be a fool to think that Madrid couldnt and shouldnt have a better player atm, which is the whole point. You guys stick to him like if he is not replaced by RVP or Ibra, then we are moving backwards. that's lunacy
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:38 pm

No, you're ridiculing a player that you professed fandom to just because he was out of form for a bit (which he is back in now)... criticizing is fine. But to go and actively hate on him because it's become the latest fashion? That to me is being a bandwagon fan.

It's not a problem tbh. But I give a lot of grief to haters and bandwagoners... If you're both? Dios mi.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:39 pm

It can't be a coincidence either. Chad, Sportz, LS, Mamad etc their feelings re Ronaldo are well known.

Benzema is a talented player but like Torres he's clearly a mental midget. He would probably thrive elsewhere in an environment like Arsenal under Wenger where Alpha's like Ronaldo are few and far between as well as there being less pressure and expectations.

I think the way forward for this Madrid team anyway is signing a False 9 rather than a traditional #9 with €200m+ worth of wide forwards on the team. Someone in the mould of Totti for example, the question though is does such a player exist at the moment?
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:45 pm

Gil wrote:It can't be a coincidence either. Chad, Sportz, LS, Mamad etc their feelings re Ronaldo are well known.

Benzema is a talented player but like Torres he's clearly a mental midget. He would probably thrive elsewhere in an environment like Arsenal under Wenger where Alpha's like Ronaldo are few and far between as well as there being less pressure and expectations.

I think the way forward for this Madrid team anyway is signing a False 9 rather than a traditional #9 with €200m+ worth of wide forwards on the team. Someone in the mould of Totti for example, the question though is does such a player exist at the moment?
Gil when did i hate cr Laughing dont make shit up, i said what is clear to anyone who watches our team, is that we shouldn't rely on cr to carry us, since the players are capable and benzema scored and assist in 20-30 mins vs bvb in a semi final he is not a mental midget Laughing i forgot nothing he does counts
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:45 pm

Yeah...  7 goals and 7 assists (no PKs or FKs) is clearly terrible by him in 14 starts.  Leads the club in assists, second in key passes and second in goals.  3 goals and 3 assists in last 3 games too.  But who cares.  Either he's R9 or not Madrid quality.  Mental midget this player.  Should be on pace for 30 goals and 30 assists despite it all (rotation and not being the main scoring target)...  20+ goal and 20+ assist pace is simply average Laughing Not to mention he has 2 goals and 3 assists in 4 CL games this year too Laughing
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:50 pm

Di Maria has 4 assists and 2 goals in 4 CL games.......

I really don't see the big deal.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by DuringTheWar Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:58 pm

keep it up lads Laughing

we never have fights like this in the arsenal section Sad
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:06 am

izzy wrote:Di Maria has 4 assists and 2 goals in 4 CL games.......

I really don't see the big deal.
Yeah but he has 1 goal and 2 assists in 9 La Liga starts... Di Maria isn't consistent. Nobody can say he's not talented or that he can't be top class on a given night.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:08 am

Benz supporters about Benz: He's unreliable, but shows up when it matters - in the CL

Benz supporters about Di Maria: Yeah he shows up in the CL, but he's inconsistent

Proud
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:15 am

Great thread, would read over and over again

Madrid Proud
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:16 am

Tbh nothing is wrong with criticism, its fact that everything benzema does is ridicule like no tomorrow, yet other players are doing the same(rvp misses today) and no one gives a shit, that the problem i have with this forum its filled with hypocrites and that the truth
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:18 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Benz supporters about Benz: He's unreliable, but shows up when it matters - in the CL

Benz supporters about Di Maria: Yeah he shows up in the CL, but he's inconsistent

Proud
 Who said the first part BC?  Benz has 5 goals and 4 assists in 10 La Liga starts... it's good.  He's always been better in CL with Madrid mainly because he got more starts in CL and less in La Liga when he was rotating with Higuain in past years.  He also tends to play better in bigger games, which translates to great CL stats.

Also, for you haters, look at the Madrid avg positions for this game:

Karim Benzema - Page 14 JuventusvRealMadridlivefootballscoresSoccerscoresandlivevideoESPNFCcom1_zpse6829c20

This has been true for the last several games.  Benz plays a 10, not a CF.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:24 am

I stopped discussing because there is no discussion, I pointed out your hypocrisy and you deflected, what left?

My position has always been clear, Both Benzema and we as a team play better when he sees more of the ball, Why? because he' plays for the team and makes the best out of given situations.

If we´re not going to use him properly then there is no point having him in the team. His approach to the game is clearly not one you appreciate, however I do. Could he do better? Sure. In my mind that´s not the point. Once we have a team where one player approaches the game as his own, and the rest of the team as if they must play for him, we will always be disjointed.

Nick - Do you think Aguero, Van Persie are going to come here and have the same degree of success? Perhaps they can, they´re both more assertive. But repeating that success would still require a different attitude from everyone. I´m open to trying.

I have been asking for Benzema to be sold for quite a while, and I´ve defended him in the meantime because I don´t think he necessarily in control of what he´s able to accomplish with us. Someone else might be, and if you want to improve the team by getting someone like that, then by all means.

But it´s incredibly ignorant to look at his performances over the three years and not see where we as a team have made it difficult for him, and with that difficult for ourselves. When he plays well, usually when he gets the ball, he usually raises those around him. It´s a quality that deserves to be cultivated far better than it has here.

That´s not even the substance though. This current witch hunt has nothing to do with that. No rational person comes in here and cries after this game. If he sucked, then so did everyone else. You guys are simply upset over a fantastic player being sold (other than Nick, who just takes each game in isolation and tries to be objective as possible, therefore seeming to lack consistency with his thoughts)

That´s something I empathize with.

Still, since I´m a huge fan of the way Karim approaches the game for the most part, and I enjoy watching him play when he does well, I try to look for the reasons he does´t perform rather than be hyper critical.

I think that´s something I afford to most of our players, other than Ronaldo whose approach just isn´t for me, and Modric - I guess over a similar distaste for the way Sahin (who I feel is better) was let go. The latter is exactly what´s going on here, except with Higuain and Benzema.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:33 am

sportsczy wrote:Who said the first part BC?  
I'm not going to go around digging for posts, but it's a very common argument in favor of Benz
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:35 am

Se7en wrote:
Gil wrote:Anyone notice how the Benzema fanboys are usually the biggest CR haters around?
tbh, benzema fans just dont appreciate goals

Maybe we appreciate team work??

LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:25 am

Wth? He played good today.. stfu haters
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:55 am

watching the game again on TV talk about desperate hating Laughing I need to stop talking a lot of you seriously.
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Nov 06, 2013 2:14 am

sportsczy wrote:No, you're ridiculing a player that you professed fandom to just because he was out of form for a bit (which he is back in now)...  criticizing is fine.  But to go and actively hate on him because it's become the latest fashion?  That to me is being a bandwagon fan.

It's not a problem tbh.  But I give a lot of grief to haters and bandwagoners...  If you're both?  Dios mi.
Still hiding behind the name calling a such? i have told u before, it's childish and it doesnt fit you.

@Sam, and Sports, I think what you guys dont see is the fact that there are two layers to this conversation. 1) whether benzema is fit to be our n9 in the general sense, and 2) the banter which is usually fun and that gets ignited week after week according to his performances, like tonight.

Banter only takes place because he has such a hardcore following on this forum, started with benzema vs higuain and even without higuain he gets trolled because of who he is. What you call "actively hating on a player" is internet banter. It's you guys that have become so sensible with any benzema topic that make it so interesting. Well, blame it on yourselves, if you dont respond to our pokes or any comment being made about him, we woudnt be doing it Laughing

The general question about benzema as our n9 is something that has started the day he signed his contract and to this day, and sorry but i am still not convinced. It's not something that can be debated week after week according to his perf vs sevilla or juve ofc (even if we pretend otherwise).

@Sam, i agree with most of what you said, his circumstances have not been the easiest, i understand that well. Even now i wonder if he isnt the better fit style wise with Bale and CR. But the bottom line is that you cant be a mental weakling, and succeed in here. Talent can only take you so far, and that's been true for him for all his time in madrid. Even after his 30+ goals season, which i predicted, i would have traded him for Aguero in a heartbeat.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by punkfusion1992 Wed Nov 06, 2013 4:18 am

I dont see why the hate.
Benzema was really good today. He knits play very well. Plays the ball nicely. He does what most strikers dont do and thats because we have a player who scores enough for the team, Benzema plays an important role and these last couple of games he has been doing it pretty well. He was not so good at the start of the season but now, he is doing just fine
punkfusion1992
punkfusion1992
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 39 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 26 ... 39  Next