Great Leader Sprucenuce
Eivindo
aleumdance
free_cat
Adit
19 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Why did Pep transfer list Gustavo? - Page 2 Empty Re: Why did Pep transfer list Gustavo?

Post by Gil Mon Aug 12, 2013 5:09 pm

aleumdance wrote:
Gil wrote:Because he's an limited footballer who's massively overrated by football fans.
anyone who think Gustavo is Overated HAS NEVER WATCHED BAYERN
Meh, players of his ilk are a dime a dozen nowadays.

Most players would look great playing in a stacked team and surrounded by world beaters. I don't think he would look anywhere near as good in a different system.

His limited range of passing and vision was exposed in the Confed Cup. Brazil struggled to play out from the back in every game and relied on the counter attack a far too much.

I love his tactical flexibility, workrate, stamina and athleticism though but you'd think he was Redondo, Viera or Keane in their prime if you heard opinions from fans alone.

Players like Capoue, Gonalons, Sandro, Fernando (Porto), Imbula, Schneiderlin etc are just as good or perhaps even better.

Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Why did Pep transfer list Gustavo? - Page 2 Empty Re: Why did Pep transfer list Gustavo?

Post by aleumdance Mon Aug 12, 2013 5:13 pm

limited range of passing? Confed CUp that Cavani played rubbish his first 2 games?

NOW I HAVE SEEN IT ALL
aleumdance
aleumdance
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Mon Aug 12, 2013 5:35 pm

Midfield is stacked, doesn't fit Guardiola's plans, wanted out anyway... some of the reasons he was transfer listed by Pep.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by S Mon Aug 12, 2013 5:39 pm

McAgger wrote:He would improve any midfield instantly. GTFI Rodgers
Pretty ridiculous statement if i'm being honest here.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Aug 12, 2013 5:41 pm

Only one person has said he would improve any team....

He would improve the majority though outside the usual 5 or 6 big teams id say.

Anyway....

Gil rofl u funny brah.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Mon Aug 12, 2013 5:43 pm

aleumdance wrote:limited range of passing? Confed CUp that Cavani played rubbish his first 2 games?

NOW I HAVE SEEN IT ALL
What does Cavani have to do with anything?

It was the same script throughout all of Brazil's games.

He simply doesn't have an expansive range of passing, struggles to bring/play the ball out from back and will take the safe option 9 times out of 10.

Look I've already acknowledged he's a very good player and I love his mobility and defensive nous. Overrated doesnt mean I think he's bad just think people have an ill conceived notion about his overall play.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Aug 12, 2013 5:47 pm

Funny how you mention his percieved limited ability which is bollocks btw, yet name half a dozen players who are even more limited ffs rofl

Because like Paulinho he was asked to perform a defensive wall doesn't make him limited.

Anyone who saw him for Bayeen and Hoffenheim will say he's a lot better technically than given credit for.

Last edited by Great Leader Sprucenuce on Mon Aug 12, 2013 5:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Mon Aug 12, 2013 5:48 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Only one person has said he would improve any team....

He would improve the majority though outside the usual 5 or 6 big teams id say.

Anyway....

Gil :rofl:u funny brah.
Not only on this site. Close friends since the Confed cup, people I'm following on twitter and Chelsea fans in general.

The only weakness in our squad right now is the lack of a genuine playmaker in the mould of Modric, Schweini, Gundogan...you know...the usual suspects and maybe a new CF if Lukaku doesn't pan out or struggles to adapt.

Keep hearing how much Chelsea need him or how he'd improve us when in reality he isn't that much better than Mikel and we just brought in Van Ginkel who's a similar type of player with a much higher ceiling, if his development continues to skyrocket under Mourinho.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Aug 12, 2013 5:59 pm

Gustavo would walk into Chelsea's team there really is no argument.

Lampard aside its filled to brim with average players CM wise.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Mon Aug 12, 2013 6:04 pm

Whatever you say bro.

Ramires > Gustavo
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by aleumdance Mon Aug 12, 2013 6:05 pm

why is Gustavo so under rated..this is shocking me...
dude has good passing, proper long range passing

hope he comes to Arsenal, many haters would shut up
aleumdance
aleumdance
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Mon Aug 12, 2013 6:07 pm

Chelsea really dont need Gustavo. What they are in dire need is a Playmaker and they have none.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by S Mon Aug 12, 2013 6:08 pm

Gil wrote:Whatever you say bro.

Ramires > Gustavo
Different positions.

But he's easily better then Mehkel.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Aug 12, 2013 6:13 pm

Ramires > Gustavo
Shame that the fact Gustavo starts every game for Brazil and Ramires can't even get into the squad rofl

@ Adit

They need both, all their defensive players are meh and they have no creativity on top of it.

Their midfield is easily the worst of the top 4.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by S Mon Aug 12, 2013 6:16 pm

Gustavo-Ramires...Mou's dream midfield.

Would be quite similar to Motta-Cambiasso.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:12 pm

Adit wrote:I cant believe Pep transfer listed a midfielder . For a midfielder loving manager that was unexpected , So what is the reason?

not good enough for passing game? doesnt fit the system? cant play as Anchor man? or are there better players in his position in Bayern?

:hmm:
Agent Pep still working hard to bring down Bayern. He'll get there. Nothing but smoldering ruins of Heynckes' great side will be left by the time Pep gets sacked in spring and either Heynckes or Hitzfeld get named caretaker coach.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:45 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:

Ramires > Gustavo
Shame that the fact Gustavo starts every game for Brazil and Ramires can't even get into the squad rofl

@ Adit

They need both, all their defensive players are meh and they have no creativity on top of it.

Their midfield is easily the worst of the top 4.
i unno Mole.....aside Carrick

we have a out of form Cleverley
Anderson is still fat and shite after this pre season it seems
Fletcher is nowhere to be found
Giggs is a band aid in CM
Powell is unknown at this point
Lingard is a ? even after impressive pre season

we might have worst midfield in top 4 easily locked up given the fact we have so many question marks on players who either have been in poor form, injured for so long, or are young and inexperienced.

Last edited by B-Mac on Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:48 pm

Wrap it up, Wenger Mad
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Tue Aug 13, 2013 5:26 am

Benitez to swoop in and take him to Naples. :bow:
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Tue Aug 13, 2013 6:33 am

VivaStPauli wrote:
Adit wrote:I cant believe Pep transfer listed a midfielder . For a midfielder loving manager that was unexpected , So what is the reason?

not good enough for passing game? doesnt fit the system? cant play as Anchor man? or are there better players in his position in Bayern?

hmm
Agent Pep still working hard to bring down Bayern. He'll get there. Nothing but smoldering ruins of Heynckes' great side will be left by the time Pep gets sacked in spring and either Heynckes or Hitzfeld get named caretaker coach.
What has suggested to you that Pep will be destined to fail at Bayern? Aside from the fact that he is one of the best managers in the world.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:18 pm

TBH mostly his abandoning of 4-2-3-1 so far, he might of course convince me otherwise, he's only had one proper match so far. Maybe he'll switch back to that formation when they meet proper opposition. I don't entirely trust the Thiago signing. He is a great talent, but he seems surplus to requirements. Sure, he'd be nice to have on the bench, but Pep seems to be planning to prefer Thiago over Kroos and Götze, which is utterly insane.
Then comes the transfer listing of Gustavo, who has a great track record covering defensively, something Bayern lacks - they only got Martinez and Schweinsteiger left, and Schweinsteiger is expected to contribute to the attack as well, and is a bit wasted as the sole anchor in a 4-1-4-1, Martinez is probably better suited to that role, and he can't play all matches in all competitions.
IMHO they need Gustavo if they don't want to crumble defensively.

I might be overreacting, but I expect Pep to be Bayerns next Klinsmann.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:22 pm

Viva Gustavo would have gone anyway just like Gomez did.

You can't expect two players have that calibre to sit on the bench two years straight and in a world cup year on top of that.

Even if Jupp stayed they both would have gone i'm certain of that.

The players they brought in might have been different but both would have been sold without a doubt.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:24 pm

Gomez deserved the start over Mandzukic anyway.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:30 pm

VivaStPauli wrote:Gomez deserved the start over Mandzukic anyway.
Do agree but Jupp preferred him over Gomez and was pushing hard for Lewandowski.

As for Gustavo there was no way he was going to sit on the bench in a WC year he would have left too.

Don't think anything to do with Pep if i'm honest, although i do doubt Thiago and Gotze would have joined under Jupp.

In fact i think he said that himself.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by S Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:32 pm

Have to agree with the Barca 'sympathizer' tbh :coffee:
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by S Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:54 am

Gustavo to Wolfsburg is official now.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next