Serie A stock... up or down?

+2
Tomwin Lannister
nyluigi
6 posters

Go down

Serie A stock... up or down? Empty Serie A stock... up or down?

Post by nyluigi Sun Jul 28, 2013 7:05 pm

I recently read a pair of articles online.

The first was about the "decline" of Serie A.
http://www.givemesport.com/363067-serie-a-the-decline-of-a-great-league

The other was about the "Resurrection" of Serie A.
http://www.thedaisycutter.co.uk/2013/07/the-resurrection-of-serie-a/

I found it funny as both articles were published on the same day. Lol. It got me thinking as to the state of Serie A presently and where it was. While being admittedly Juve-centric, I originally thought Serie A has been getting better since 2011/12. And while I am no fan of Inter, one cannot deny the fact that their 2009/10 season was phenomenal. So that led me to think the demise of Serie A to begin with was grossly exaggerated. 2006, I think most of us will agree was the nadir of modern Serie A. However, I think by 2009 there was definitely marked improvement.

What are your thought fellow Juventini?
nyluigi
nyluigi
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Serie A stock... up or down? Empty Re: Serie A stock... up or down?

Post by Tomwin Lannister Sun Jul 28, 2013 7:08 pm

Serie A is definitely improving.

The fall out from 2006 was bad, and the league suffered majorly. However, it's definitely improving year by year. Now we once again have teams who don't look out of place in the CL, other clubs are falling in line with stadium projects and Juventus are making some great commercial deals and attracting investors.

Definitely far superior from a few years ago.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassius Mon Jul 29, 2013 4:15 pm

Definitely up. Napoli out buying a top PL team for Higuian, Fio getting a top class striker in gomes as well as building a great team along with Napoli. Inter are looking to rebuild with a new stadium and owner who is wants to invest sensibly. Milan will be Milan, they will bounce back.

I imagine the average age of the top teams are now a lot lower than the past few seasons. Plus we have lots of young talent, as seen by the pillaging of other leagues for our stars and youngsters, we've always done well in that respect.

Not to mention us buying tev, fernando and angelo. We're becoming a force not only in serie a but europe. most people on this forum dont like us but they do seem to rate us.
Cassius
Cassius
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Mon Jul 29, 2013 4:25 pm

Until last season, Serie A was in obvious decline.
I wouldn't say you are going down still, but probably hit bottom are plateauning.
Big stars left, but you are replacing them, unlike la Liga which is clearly on decline.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Juventude Mon Jul 29, 2013 4:27 pm

I'd say that it is on level with last season. Serie A is not falling or gaining ground right now. When more teams start playing in stadiums that they actually own and the revenues start going up for all of the teams, then I'll believe Serie A is on the rise. We're still seeing the best talent leave Italy for Spain and England.

I love Juve's dominance in the league, but the gap between Juve and the other teams is becoming greater and greater. Inter and AC appear to be falling behind Fiorentina and Napoli in terms of spending and that's a bad sign. The gap between Juve and the rest of the league is going to be huge if things don't change soon.
Juventude
Juventude
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by juventus101 Mon Jul 29, 2013 5:00 pm

It was declining slightly from 06-09, then from 09 until 11 it declined rapidly. But since then its been getting better and better and this year especially has really improved. Milan strenghthened with Balotelli and in the second half of last season I think only lost one or two games. Napoli lost Cavani but have shown some real brains to strenghthen with the money they got and I think they'll end up even stronger. Fiorentina with Rossi coming back and now Gomez are even better than last season. Roma is better than last season. Lazio and Inter are the same as last season. And of course Juve has strenghthened even more. There's no doubting that Serie A is getting better in my opinion. I personally think its better than La Liga, on the same level or possibly even better than the EPL, and only weaker currently than the Bundesliga.
juventus101
juventus101
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down