Fahim89
DeletedUser#1
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Laughing Stock- From Top to Bottom Empty Laughing Stock- From Top to Bottom

Post by DeletedUser#1 Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:21 am

Liverpool Football Club in a nutshell.
Ineptness in every single department at this club, and until it's sorted from the top, the club will remain the laughing stock of the world football. Let's look at people in charge of Liverpool and how they've done since being at the office.

Owners: Henry & Werner
They have admitted that they know very little about football. In fact, Henry said he did not know about Liverpool FC until a couple of months before purchase. Their ineptness was magnified when they appointed Comolli on advise of yet another non-footballing man, their friend Billy Beane. They thought, football like Baseball, is judged by statistics and that's how you value a player. Comolli was their first appointment and their first mistake. I am going to list the mistakes that the owner duo have made (and none of money wise):

1- Appointing Comolli on the word of their baseball friend
2- Panicking and spending 35 Million on a striker with 13 PL goals all his career in a PR stunt in order to avoid backlash from fans. A lot of our people were guilty in this embarrassing deal, and I'll address that too.
3- Giving the job to Kenny Dalglish under fan pressure, when deep down he wasn't their choice to manage the team.
4- Putting emphasis on statistics in order to identify potential targets, that falls under Comolli section
5- Promoting Ian Ayre and Damiel Comolli to 2 crucial positions in the club, CEO and DOF respectively where neither one has the required qualifications and CV for those positions
6- Talking a great deal about a 3 man Dof and and technical director role after sacking Kenny, only to abandon it upon Rodgers request. Make your mind up ! why so naive and inconsistent
7- Lack of leadership during Suarez saga which again goes back to their inept appointments failing to take any responsibily, and poor Kenny had to go to war against everyone on his own
8- Their inept appointment of new communication director. Who they sacked again after 2-3 months. Do they ever get an appointment right ?!
9- Refusing to even interview Rafa in the summer upon Ayre's request
10- Living the dream of Arsenal model (which has proved to be a failure) and living in lala land of being like Barcelona in a few years, not knowing their academy work took decades to pay off.
There are plenty more, but their abandonment of 3 men footballing model which was proposed back in mid-May cost us the great Pep Segura, Txiki Begiristain, and Luis Van Gaal. Proper football men in charge of footballing aspect of the side. Proper advisors to a very young manager. but no, they abandoned it upon Rodgers' request.

CEO- Ian Ayre
The Biggest problem in my opinion. A very decent commercial director, but an absolute joke of a CEO. Look at his CV, and his only directorial CEO experience was one in Huddersfield town where he failed massively. The owners love him though because he's been able to secure a lot of commercial deals with zoo companies in Chile, or Toilet Paper firms in Norway, or etc. He brings them money, and is a yes man and a total puppet. Ayre was the main man responsible during embarrassment of Suarez saga farce. His lack of leadership and support and utter silence was embarrassing. He's been here since G&H days and is a survivor of all those regimes, and a non-footballing man on top as CEO of one of the biggest clubs in the world. if Rodgers wants advise, he is the only guy at the club he can go to now. Ian *bleep* Ayre, a glorified commercial director. The guy on motorcycle with leather jacket responsible for the absolute farce on last day of transfer window this year. The day he is replaced by a competent CEO who has footballing reputation and is well respected among the FA, we'll take the right step. Also, this summer he advised the owners not to approach Rafa as he had problems with Benitez during his reign here and has been caught badmouthing him in a pub in Dublin, saying: "Hate the Spanish clown". This man, is our f*cking CEO, when we could have had people like Soriano or David Dein here. :facepalm:
to sum up Ian Ayre and his role for the owners, I quote him saying: "It would not have mattered if we won the FA Cup. Cups aren't important to us, we want to do well in the league, and get back to the Champions League." In other words, *bleep* trophies, we want to make more money. THE ARSENAL MODEL. Where as some other bloke said this a few decades ago: "Liverpool FC was made to win trophies. If you are first, you are first. If you are second, you are nothing". His name was Bill Shankly.

Director of Football Position- Damien Comolli and ??
The failure at Spurs appointed by the advise of Billy Beane. Spurs fans laughed their tits off after he came here. To give such an important role to a person with such a mixed (and mostly towards the negative side) CV was madness. The man who advised the owners not to sack Hodgson on the spot, the man who is quoted going to Dalglish on January 31st 2011 saying: "What About Andy Carroll" , Kenny responding: "Can you get him" , Comolli: "Yes" and launching a terrific opening bid of 30M. Going back with 35M an hour later, and finally agreeing a fee of 35 Million + 25% of re-sale value of Carroll with Newcastle. Here I am disappointed with Kenny, as he should have stopped the deal from happening, but Comolli's incompetence doesn't end here. He openly admitted that he is a big advocate of PL proven factor in potential transfer targets. For Henderson and Downing deals, he negotiated for weeks, only to pay up the amount that those clubs asked for from day 1. He had input in team tactics (what the hell has he ever done to be qualified for that?). He was quoted 2 days ago saying, we wanted to buy Suarez to play with Torres. I told Torres that Suarez will create for you, we analyzed their game will suit each other. and when Torres goes, what does he do? "SCRAPS THE PLAN from the root and buys a replacement 180% different from Torres". Shows ineptness really. He was dismissed in April, and recently won an wrongful dismissal court case against the owners and got more money from them. A terrible appointment from the owners, that cost this club dearly. An absolute clown of the highest order. After his dismissal, I was hopeful this time we will appoint a proper DOF with positive experience in high level of the game and football knowledge. After Kenny's sacking, we were linked with Txiki Begiristain and Louis Van Gaal for that role. There was also talk of Pep Segura being promoted to that role. Proper people with great CVs, but we scrapped the idea that the owners banged about for weeks upon a very young manager's request. That shows weakness from the owners. We have no DoF, which means every team we replace a manager, it's year ZERO. It means zero stability, and hence zero progress. In process, Pep Segura who we owe a lot for the academy players, left the club.

Managers- Kenny Dalglish & Brendan Rodgers
When the owners took over they said they want a young and up and coming manager to lead the team. However, after Kenny's first 6 months were successful and they knew there would be backlash to the fans if they appoint anyone but him, they scrapped their plan together and gave him a 3 year contract. Kenny unfortunately, had to justify the horrible mistake of purchasing Andy Carthorse Carroll by trying the get the best out of him and that summer, instead of pursuing the players who will suit Luis Suarez, we went out and bought players to get the best of Carroll. The plan backfired massively, and I won't go there. Kenny had his faults, we never really had a team identity, but the style of play was very good until Luis injury. Kenny was left all on his own for Suarez saga, and tarnished his own image to defend the club where he got ZERO support from Ayre, Owners or Comolli. It was sad that Henry refused to shake his hands during medal presentation after the FA Cup final.
on Rodgers, FSG finally made their own appointment. The one they banged about the first day came in. They can lie and lie about knowing Kenny was only short-term until they found the right candidate, but you don't give a 3 year contract to a short-term manager. They wrongly abandoned their 3 men footballing director personnel to Rodgers' request who had nothing on his CV to demand such authority. Rodgers personifies our team at the moment. Young, a lot of potential, but very little end product. Everyone and their dog knew our team needed another VETERAN, EXPERIENCED striker, and yet Rodgers spanked half of his summer budget on a midfielder. He is afraid of what happened to AVB at Chelsea, hence trying to warm to Gerrard and Carragher, playing them way too often. It's letting him down big time, as Gerrard isn't even 1/4th of the player he used to be and he is often a hinderance to his preferred style. Rodgers' 2 biggest players (Gerrard, Suarez) don't suit patient possession style, so he needs to make a big call. Either sacrifice the system, go more counter-attacking direct football, or sacrifice the 2 big stars and make room for players suited to it. It's no wonder that we've won 5 out of 6 games Suarez has missed this season scoring 2.5 goals a game on average. Same when Gerrard missed all the games in Kenny's first 6 months. We need to sit down, and come up with a plan that gets the best out of all of our players and the team. Reach a compromise, because currently, we're struggling. Our decision making in the final third is border line retarded, we are desperately lacking a Silva/Ozil type of player who can make the perfect final pass. We are burning out a brilliant talent at age of 18 by over-playing him. Rodgers' reluctance to rotate the squad is frustrating as both Sterling and Allen and Gerrard are in dire need of a rest. Having said that, I like him. I like his plan, I like our football when it clicks. When FSG hired him, it was always going to be a game of patience. He is a rookie in manager's world, he will learn as the young team will. But he needs to be more demanding of the CEO and owners, and more ruthless in the transfer market. Anything who thinks he is the problem, and by sacking him and replacing him we'll be great is very deluded. This club has problems at root to fix, and until those are fixed, we won't be competent at the top level. The owners of the club, are unfortunately deluded, and Rodgers need their support and our support to achieve something great. He hasn't had any sort of luck either, we'll be able to better judge him by the end of the year.

In short, this club is being mis-managed from the very top and it's been the same story for 2-3 years now. New owners have sacked more people than we've won home games at Anfield in 2012. Communication director bullying a Twitter Internet Bullshit Artist is a new low. Not to mention cringworthy titles such as "Winning streak ended by Villa". Winning streak of 2 games for f*ck's sake. Who is in charge of those contents and titles. It just makes us look like utter twats and idiots. FSG have got nearly every single appointment wrong since their arrival, I hope this changes. I didn't even talk about the monetary part of things here, but most of you already know I guess.

And it goes without saying, and if you haven't recognized me. I am that Canadian, honorary Scandinavian-resident who had the title of "knee-jerker" and I am now being out knee-jerked by most of you laying into our players and manager at every single opportunity.

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Laughing Stock- From Top to Bottom Empty Re: Laughing Stock- From Top to Bottom

Post by Fahim89 Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:15 am

Harry Redknapp wrote:
And it goes without saying, and if you haven't recognized me. I am that Canadian, honorary Scandinavian-resident who had the title of "knee-jerker" and I am now being out knee-jerked by most of you laying into our players and manager at every single opportunity.

hahahahahahaha i just read the final part of the whole stuff & loved it ! ! ! Sorry no disrespect meant but am just tired of the knee jerks so was afraid it would be one of the same!!!

But welcome back mate!! welcome back!! banana
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:26 am

Fahim89 wrote:
Harry Redknapp wrote:

hahahahahahaha i just read the final part of the whole stuff & loved it ! ! ! Sorry no disrespect meant but am just tired of the knee jerks so was afraid it would be one of the same!!!

I dont get this post

Edit: i read the whole thing, sup sepi.
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:13 am

mr-r34 wrote:
Fahim89 wrote:
Harry Redknapp wrote:

I dont get this post

Well sorry if i have not been clear but its just that i found the irony of the last statement a little bit funny. . .
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:28 am

It's nearly halfway through the season and we are 12th, I don't think criticism in this case is knee-jerking.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:54 am

Sep :bow: :bow:
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:10 am

Fahim89 wrote:
mr-r34 wrote:
Fahim89 wrote:

I dont get this post

Well sorry if i have not been clear but its just that i found the irony of the last statement a little bit funny. . .

Was referring to the welcome back part, should of been clear.
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:14 am

mr-r34 wrote:
Fahim89 wrote:
mr-r34 wrote:

I dont get this post

Was referring to the welcome back part, should of been clear.

O Sepi was out for sometime he just vanished scratch
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:33 pm

Art Morte wrote:It's nearly halfway through the season and we are 12th, I don't think criticism in this case is knee-jerking.

Except that you've been laying into him since the minute he got the job mate.

And yes, we are an incredibly fickle bunch. Last week after the win, "Only 4 points off 4th with easy run of games to come." "Finally back to back league wins after a year", "Turning a corner".

Now again, "Out of his depth", "Sideways tiki-taka" etc.

Changing and chopping managers will get us absolutely nowhere until we sort the club out from the very top. And no matter how rookie, inexperienced and at times incompetent Brendan is, it's still not as bad as the people in CHARGE of employing the right staff and watching over the club.

And Art, I love you. But I swear to Sami Hyypia's life that Andy Carroll isn't the Messiah. He is the biggest mistake in our history, a panic buy, a PR stunt that massively backlashed. He would not be our saving grace.

He scored a mere 4 LEAGUE GOALS last season, having played in majority of games, and this year, being the focal point of attack at Westham, he has 1 GOAL. ONE !

Carlton goal scored more goals and assisted more goals than him in the game against Chelsea alone.

The club is becoming a franchise with THE MOST INCOMPETENT board and CEO in charge (yes, more incompetent than Arsenal's), and people are ignoring it.

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:15 pm

I never wanted one-season-wonder Rodgers as our manager, true. I was, however, and still am willing to give him a chance - haven't called for him to be sacked yet - but he was never topping my manager wishlist.

We don't have any plan B and we are not Barcelona. Carroll would at least be a plan B.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by HOXTYGEN Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:06 pm

Art Morte wrote:I never wanted one-season-wonder Rodgers as our manager, true. I was, however, and still am willing to give him a chance - haven't called for him to be sacked yet - but he was never topping my manager wishlist.

We don't have any plan B and we are not Barcelona. Carroll would at least be a plan B.

plan B with carroll? thats saying hello to hoofingball again which wont take us nowhere. if ever therez gonna be a plan B it has to be same style but different player who can change things with their skill set....say for example when chicharito comes in for man utd...i think suso can seriously fit that bill if given the chance........just saying
HOXTYGEN
HOXTYGEN
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:21 pm

HOXTYGEN wrote:i think suso can seriously fit that bill if given the chance........just saying

Surely in the near future but not now not yet. . . Very Happy
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by HOXTYGEN Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:25 pm

undefined
Fahim89 wrote:
HOXTYGEN wrote:i think suso can seriously fit that bill if given the chance........just saying

Fahim89 wrote:

he can for now,just look at how he has impacted games whenever he comes in as substitute,though he's too young getting someone who can do the job with him will be just fine
HOXTYGEN
HOXTYGEN
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:25 pm

Fahim89 wrote:
Harry Redknapp wrote:

And, that would be the reason I rarely check the LFC section these days.

It's frankly depressing... Crying or Very sad

(I'm talking about the knee-jerking/general depression, not Sepi's return. Welcome back, Sep.)
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by stevieg8 Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:43 pm

Welcome back cheers

In my defense, the only player I've torn into lately has been Joe Cole. And I stand by that one Laughing
stevieg8
stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:14 pm

I've been venting my frustrations after poor results in the chat, calling for Hyypia to replace Rodgers, or benching Stevie, Reina and Sterling, or tearing into the likes of Cole and Downing. I admit those are kneejerk reactions or simply heat of the moment rants (hence why I do them in the chat, so the comments don't remain after the chat closes Very Happy ). My actual thoughts on Rodgers aren't anywhere near as bad. He seems like a good honest guy who is still learning the game and is a talented tactician. I want him to succeed with us because he's grown to love the club and he is sort of following our clubs traditions to cue. Like most of you guys, he wasn't anywhere near my first choice of appointment but I've come to accept that he has the right ingredients to succeed with us. I'm going to back him to the end because he's here and he's here to stay, but that doesn't mean I'll love him or respect him until he does something worth our love or respect.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:15 am

Art Morte wrote:I never wanted one-season-wonder Rodgers as our manager, true. I was, however, and still am willing to give him a chance - haven't called for him to be sacked yet - but he was never topping my manager wishlist.

Yet you want Lambert in.

Carroll was getting paid 80k a week and he's not good enough. He doesn't deserve to be a plan B. I'd rather Shelvey playing there.

stevieg8 wrote:Welcome back cheers

In my defense, the only player I've torn into lately has been Joe Cole. And I stand by that one Laughing

I'd rather Joe Cole than Stewart Downing.

@ Sep: Club will get more stable in the next couple of seasons. You're never going to get stable in half a season of football. The owners ARE backing Rodgers and still believe in their vision. We're still recovering from G+H and Commolli/Kenny's reign. The results will come.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:26 am

Yes, I wanted Lambert in and I still rate him.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:38 am

I have nothing against the guy but what's Lambert achieved that Rodgers hasn't? And are they both not "one-season wonders"?
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:54 am

I think Lambert has done a little more (back-to-back promotions, for instance) than Rodgers, but it's not that much their CVs that made me prefer Lambert to Rodgers in the first place, I just thought Lambert was doing a more solid job.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:04 pm

@ynwa, Stability won't be achieved until that Clown Ayre is our CEO.

He needs kicking badly, he is a terrible clown. We need a real footballing man with successful directorial and organizational CV as our CEO.

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:05 am

triffic CEO
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRedStag Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:35 pm

Delete your account and come back as Harry Redknapp..... scratch
TheRedStag
TheRedStag
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:15 am

Harry Redknapp wrote:@ynwa, Stability won't be achieved until that Clown Ayre is our CEO.

He needs kicking badly, he is a terrible clown. We need a real footballing man with successful directorial and organizational CV as our CEO.

Agree with this to an extent. Ayre is best at working in the commercial aspect of the club. We do need a CEO with experience but I do feel some of the criticism Ayre gets is undeserved. I feel the club will stabilise regardless if he's still our CEO, though.

Art Morte wrote:I think Lambert has done a little more (back-to-back promotions, for instance) than Rodgers, but it's not that much their CVs that made me prefer Lambert to Rodgers in the first place, I just thought Lambert was doing a more solid job.

That's fair enough. The constant criticism of Rodgers is getting annoying is all.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:41 pm

BBCSport: Liverpool have never had fewer points after 19 games since the three points for a win rule was brought in.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next