neuro11
MaraVilla
55 posters

Page 35 of 39 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39  Next

Go down

Transfer Rumours - Page 35 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat Aug 17, 2013 5:00 pm

Damn Tata Crying or Very sad

Well hopefully it won't take him long to realize that we really do need one. Zubi should make his ground and make the case that a CB is a priority. That's what the role of a sporting director is ffs.

BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sat Aug 17, 2013 5:01 pm

Khaled wrote:
moutinho98 wrote:forget about the league tata will regret his decision before January Proud
League? we won't have big problems in the league, we'll still outscore all Spanish opponents like we did last season. The problem is against the big teams in the UCL.

Anyway, even if we bought Thiago Silva and David Luiz, we might still concede stupid goals like last season!
We have to defend better as a team, and improve the pressing! Remember in 2011, we played most of the games with Pique and Masche as CBs, but the pressing was great!
Laughing

Thiago Silva will make errors like this?

And we cant just outscore La Liga teams and forget defence and then hope to turn it on when it matters..it wont happen.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Sat Aug 17, 2013 5:05 pm

The board after Bayern stomp: "we are going to sign 5 players".
I guess Neymar counts for 5 these days
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat Aug 17, 2013 5:07 pm

The problem I think is that he expects to have Puyol for a full season after he comes back. But he won't stay fit for an entire season. He has average only like 1300 league minutes for the past 3 leagues.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat Aug 17, 2013 5:08 pm

billy_gr wrote:The board after Bayern stomp: "we are going to sign 5 players".
I guess Neymar counts for 5 these days
He definitely cost as much Laughing

Rosell: "We will sign another player before Aug 31"
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sat Aug 17, 2013 5:10 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:The problem I think is that he expects to have Puyol for a full season after he comes back. But he won't stay fit for an entire season. He has average only like 1300 league minutes for the past 3 leagues.
Agree but I have to ask why does he expect that, the facts are not exactly hidden...he doesnt play much because he gets hurt. Its like noone has common sense.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat Aug 17, 2013 5:15 pm

He also said "the problem are not the CBs but the lack of fitness within the team". So he is also assuming 2 things. That when fit we have a defense good enough to win the CL and that he can solve our fitness problems. Not sure what makes him so confident of either one. The fact that he mentioned Busi as a last resource CB replacement is worrying, I'd rather Bagnack get a shot than him.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sat Aug 17, 2013 5:19 pm

I have a bad feeling he is being too respectful to us and our recent history to look objectively at the weaknesses. All I read is his praises of us and our players and not signing someone to me just sounds like more of the same.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by barcaholic Sat Aug 17, 2013 5:32 pm

The Franchise wrote:Who are we going to get in Jan that can play in CL games? You cant be serious.
I'm all for Signing Sakho now for 15-20 for example. I think its a very good option given the current market. The fact that he can play as LB might give us extra tactical options and variations too. but i'm against paying 40+ in a rush on any defender other than Thiago Silva. I don't agree with the comment that we can't win the league with this team. But it is also clear we are going to struggle in the big games against real and in CL. Let's hope that saying that we don't need a defender is just a political statement in order to facilitate negotiations and we end up signing Sakho because I'm sure if we didn't this Summer, he won't be around till winter.
barcaholic
barcaholic
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:00 pm

i doubt tata will even realize the problem before january, unless we are drawn in a tough group in CL......

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:28 pm

The Franchise wrote:I dont know if Sakho is the perfect guy for us or not, but I find it incredibly hard to believe he isnt worth 15-20m for us and there is no convincing me we dont need a CB.
dani, the latest is that Sakho is available for E10m flat but we are not going for him. He is going somewhere else, likely Milan. It's time for all of us to bang our heads against the wall.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

http://twitter.com/messixaviesta , http://footballbydeepak.blogs

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:30 pm

:facepalm:

We are quickly becoming the most annoying club in the transfer window, up there with Arsenal.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:36 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:He also said "the problem are not the CBs but the lack of fitness within the team". So he is also assuming 2 things. That when fit we have a defense good enough to win the CL and that he can solve our fitness problems. Not sure what makes him so confident of either one.
So well put.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:39 pm

The Franchise wrote:I have a bad feeling he is being too respectful to us and our recent history to look objectively at the weaknesses. All I read is his praises of us and our players and not signing someone to me just sounds like more of the same.
Spot on. Tata is no fool. Read about him and he is supposed to have encyclopaedic knowledge of the game and all the players. So such mindless comments can indicate only one thing. The man is trying to be a bit too nice.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat Aug 17, 2013 7:21 pm

You'll never be as annoying as Arsenal in transfers... it's impossible Laughing

Because the offers are so low, PSG is looking to extend Sakho and loan him out for a year. They're afraid Silva might want to ask out next summer again and want to have Sakho as an option.

Milan will accept the loan obviously. That's the scenario PSG is trying to put together.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Sat Aug 17, 2013 7:25 pm

Of all top clubs and indeed most clubs (with maybe the exception of Arsenal) we have had the worst summer. Did not buy a center back when the need for one couldn't possibly have been more pressing. Paid huge amount for Neymar which could prove fruitful but only time will tell. Sold Thiago. Made an interesting coaching appointment which is a gamble. When top teams lose heavily they make a statement of intent. e.g. Bayern 2007 and Real Madrid 2009. We did not even try. Only one signing all summer shows that the powers that be didn't really feel the pain of that 7-0. The one key idea expressed in such times is that we will do enough to ensure this doesn't happen to us again. Strangely from us there was no such gesture. We should have been the first club running desperately to cover all our weaknesses but instead we let the whole summer pass. If that was not enough they even sold Thiago which goes even further so as to kind of hint these guys don't even feel for the club/team. Uli Hoeness may be a widely disliked man but one thing I like about him is his unquestionable passion for his own club. In our top brass at the moment I feel as if there is no passion. These are the grey suits who just continue to do things in a routine and disinterested way until their time runs out. I don't like him one bit but Florentino Perez has more pride and passion than these people. Rosell and Zubi represent the most passive and uninspiring leaders any top club could ever have. In a way that Neymar signing seems more for show than an expression of any firm conviction. Of course if somehow we were to find answers on the pitch then all would be forgotten but at this point in time that seems very unlikely.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sat Aug 17, 2013 7:40 pm

True we are not quite as bad as Arsenal...but at least Wenger will panic buy on the last day.

We really going to stand pat with Mascherano, Bartra, leftbacks and DM's in defence.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Sat Aug 17, 2013 7:44 pm

Anyone here still thinks Sergi Roberto and/or Jonathan Do Santos will see good number of minutes this season? They are not even in the squad for tomorrow. This is just plain wishful thinking. Let me explain once again that in our club at the moment there is a very clear hierarchical system. Forget who is suitable for what. What matters is how big the name is. Any vacancy in midfield ( except maybe the defensive one ) would mean Fabregas (and only Fabregas) comes in. Any further vacancy in any of the three positions would mean Song comes in. Only if there is one more vacancy (which would mean an utter crisis obviously) would either of these kids get a chance. If Thiago had been here he may have been preferred over Song but definitely not over Fabregas. This is how things work today and understanding this very well Thiago wanted to leave and the powers that be did nothing much to stop him.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Sat Aug 17, 2013 7:51 pm

The Franchise wrote:True we are not quite as bad as Arsenal...but at least Wenger will panic buy on the last day.

We really going to stand pat with Mascherano, Bartra, leftbacks and DM's in defence.
I am not sure if Wenger will panic buy or he will choose to sleepwalk one more season.

When anyone such as Tata recently talks about using Adriano as a center back it boils my blood. These people forget we are Barcelona. We are not some small club that has to make do with something here and there. We should invariably be strong in all areas and not have to make pitiable excuses. Who is being helped by that? Maybe Adriano gets a few extra playing minutes but it essentially earns him a lot of criticism which takes away from the good work he does at full back position, the rare times that he gets to play there that is. Neither does he have much positional sense nor is he tall. Why are they so adamant to make him a CB? He has said in the media that he wants to play as full back so as to develop his career and try to make it to the Brazil squad for WC 2014. Instead of treating him like this we should have just sold him. It really hurts to say this but we are becoming one of those clubs who destroy the careers of players. David Villa. Javier Mascherano (could have been a top DM somewhere else instead of a CB struggler). Adriano. The list goes on.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sat Aug 17, 2013 7:52 pm

I dont know.

I have some sympathy because looking at the squad he picked, who do you leave out for JDS or Roberto?

For me, you leave out Tello....dont need him, Alexis, Neymar Pedro, Messi and on top of that Cesc.

Maybe he is worried by Neymar's fitness aswell as Messi's..but still, given how Roberto played in preseason, I think he deserves it.

TBH I wouldnt be upset with leaving out Song too, even for JDS. Song has looked incredibly sluggish in preseason and has not earnt anything, nor can we even get him the benefit of the doubt really.

Last edited by The Franchise on Sat Aug 17, 2013 7:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sat Aug 17, 2013 7:58 pm

messixaviesta wrote:
The Franchise wrote:True we are not quite as bad as Arsenal...but at least Wenger will panic buy on the last day.

I am not sure if Wenger will panic buy or he will choose to sleepwalk one more season.

When anyone such as Tata recently talks about using Adriano as a center back it boils my blood. These people forget we are Barcelona. We are not some small club that has to make do with something here and there. We should invariably be strong in all areas and not have to make pitiable excuses. Who is being helped by that? Maybe Adriano gets a few extra playing minutes but it essentially earns him a lot of criticism which takes away from the good work he does at full back position, the rare times that he gets to play there that is. Neither does he have much positional sense nor is he tall. Why are they so adamant to make him a CB? He has said in the media that he wants to play as full back so as to develop his career and try to make it to the Brazil squad for WC 2014. Instead of treating him like this we should have just sold him. It really hurts to say this but we are becoming one of those clubs who destroy the careers of players. David Villa. Javier Mascherano (could have been a top DM somewhere else instead of a CB struggler). Adriano. The list goes on.
Well end of last summer window he did. I am quite confident he will sign 2 players before the end. We will see.

As for Adriano, I obviously agree. Playing him CB is a joke, he has none of the attributes. He has speed which helps recovering..but only after he has lost his man because he isnt positionally capable in that area.

I think you go a little far when you say destroying players though. David Villa already did a decade of solo work with no rewards...he seemed very happy to trade that for less work and a chance of actually winning something. In 11' that was very positive for both us and him.

Mascherano to me is not a DM in the modern game, times have moved on from his days at Pool. Big teams only play with a low block against other big teams and even then its increasingly rare. Without a low block and counter attacking gameplan, your deepest midfield's importance increases in terms of what he can do with the ball. And Mascherano is simply too slow and simple a decision maker.

What team do you think he could play defensive midfield for today? Only a team just below the level of elite.

Adriano has not been ruined, he only played CB 2 or 3 times. I understand he wouldnt be happy with it, but he is still very good fullback with good standing in the game.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Sat Aug 17, 2013 8:02 pm

The Franchise wrote:I dont know.

I have some sympathy because looking at the squad he picked, who do you leave out for JDS or Roberto?

For me, you leave out Tello....dont need him, Alexis, Neymar Pedro, Messi and on top of that Cesc.

Maybe he is worried by Neymar's fitness aswell as Messi's..but still, given how Roberto played in preseason, I think he deserves it.

TBH I would be upset with leaving out Song too, even for JDS. Song has looked incredibly sluggish in preseason and has not earnt anything, nor can we even get him the benefit of the doubt really.
dani. Song was the kind of signing that I term "time pass". You make that kind of signing just because you need to sign one player, not because you need the player or he adds anything.

Anyway I agree completely with what you have written but my point is won't that always be the situation except when injuries happen. Therefore it amazes me that so many here talk so much about Sergi Roberto and express high hopes. As for JDS, he is plain dumb not to have moved to Sociedad. If Martino is that good at brainwashing players he really should have been brought in before Thiago left. Smile

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sat Aug 17, 2013 8:08 pm

I think there will no doubt be injuries though.

Pedro, Alexis, Xavi and even Iniesta and Dani Alves have had some niggling injuries the last couple years.

Then Adriano of course, Cesc too.

And yeah, JDS said that Tata convinced him that he will be counted on this season.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by eelir Sat Aug 17, 2013 8:10 pm

Adriano has been ruined by injuries.

I hope Tata is saying we dont need a cb just to make it easier on the managemnt to get one cheaper. otherwise, its gonna be a long season.
eelir
eelir
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Sat Aug 17, 2013 8:22 pm

The Franchise wrote:
I think you go a little far when you say destroying players though. David Villa already did a decade of solo work with no rewards...he seemed very happy to trade that for less work and a chance of actually winning something. In 11' that was very positive for both us and him.

Mascherano to me is not a DM in the modern game, times have moved on from his days at Pool. Big teams only play with a low block against other big teams and even then its increasingly rare. Without a low block  and counter attacking gameplan, your deepest midfield's importance increases in terms of what he can do with the ball. And Mascherano is simply too slow and simple a decision maker.

What team do you think he could play defensive midfield for today? Only a team just below the level of elite.

Adriano has not been ruined, he only played CB 2 or 3 times. I understand he wouldnt be happy with it, but he is still very good fullback with good standing in the game.
Hmm dani. Very interesting comments. Need to think on those.

Of course I was exaggerating but then I am that angry right now. Smile

True that Villa benefited by joining us. 2010-11 was a win-win. However once he had completed his grand slam of trophies by joining us there was nothing left for him. The next two seasons hardly added any value to him or to us. Yes some would say had he not gotten injured things could have been different. Maybe. I can't say anything for sure on this one. Time will tell. If Villa suddenly shines out at Atletico then he very much wasted the last few months with us. If not then he is anyway close to finished. I have sensed a significant drop in his sharpness in front of goal but how much of that is due to injury and age and how much due to not being played enough and to his strengths I can't say for sure.

About Mascherano I am at a loss what reply to give. At Liverpool he did so well. Together with Alonso they were the fulcrum that made them play the best they have done in years. Yet as you say the game has indeed moved on. Clubs are not that interested any more in that sort of player. Napoli did express an interest though and it might help him to go there now. Strangely I actually like some of these players who aren't much on the ball but are good at what they do. I used to be Gattuso fan at one time. In today's game maybe even he would struggle. That's why a player like Gustavo has to move to Wolfsburg even though I would any day buy him over say Song. Maybe Mascherano wouldn't be wanted as a low block but couldn't he be the chaser on the park. Something like Gattuso was for Milan and Italy in his best days. Yet it's true that the game has moved on. Top teams want to play more attractively nowadays. So if a player like Mascherano as you say can no longer be elite today why does he invariably get to start for a top international team like Argentina? Do you not see him adding much value there?

Yes Adriano is still good but comments like they will try to play him as a CB this season don't help him. He deserves more minutes as full back and he is not likely to get them. Let's hope he gets them though.

All said and done even though I expressed anger no one can officially blame us as such because we don't hold players against their well. They themselves wish to stay even if their career is going nowhere. That's actually been the case these last few years that no player wants to leave Barca or Madrid even if he has to become a pensioner like Kaka.

Last edited by messixaviesta on Sat Aug 17, 2013 8:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat Aug 17, 2013 8:26 pm

He panic buys guys like Santos, Chamakh, etc. It's actually worse.

For the life of me, i don't get why you guys would risk your season on something so obvious. We all know that Madrid isn't going to lose much this year... 2-3 losses that shouldn't happen here and there = La Liga is over.

Buy a freakin CB already. Decent ones don't even cost a fortune.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 35 of 39 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39  Next