Valkyrja
neuro11
MaraVilla
55 posters

Page 17 of 39 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 28 ... 39  Next

Go down

Transfer Rumours - Page 17 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:58 am

And what do you do if your best prospect suddenly becomes available for 20m? You meet with him, tell him you trust him, and assure him that this is the place to be. What do you do if your best propect is approached by the best team of England and Europe respectively? You meet with him immediately, offer him a new contract, make him feel appreciated.

I'm not so sure what is so hard to grasp about this. The club did nothing. That is completely unacceptable.

BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kabarca Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:06 am

Im not defending the club I already said the board and coaching staff are responsible but I still hate him for leaving.
kabarca
kabarca
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Fri Jul 26, 2013 7:02 am

None of them can avoid blame.....
After reading all the logics i believe three of them are culprit to this move...
Pep - for influencing
Board - for not valuing him
Thiago - for not having patience

But we should move on from here.....

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Fri Jul 26, 2013 6:58 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:I agree with free, we could be much smarter in the market and unload some good players for great fees.

Sport reporting that Vergini is a free agent and, worryingly, that Martino would be satisfied with only this signing for the CB position.

Vergini is not free agent. He signed an extension last summer.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:44 pm

Vergini is still a cheap buy, and Newboys would be willing to give us a fair not overpriced fee.
Messi's influence of claiming to want to retire at his home club gives some soft spot for the team.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:02 pm

The feeling I get is that people are happier for their team to sign an unknown player that they have never watched than a known player they have watched many times (and not for financial reasons, but by giving themselves the benefit of doubt).

I'm not one to say Vergini won't work at Barcelona (hope he does), if anything I have watched him only a handful of times. But consider that he is almost 25 and has been called up only once for a national team that is in dire need of defensive reinforcements. In fact he's never had a hot profile in Argentinian media.

I'd still go for all out for Koscielny if I were Barça. You can easily hustle Arsenal (as you do every season) and grab him for a (mere?) €30 million.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Badger Sat Jul 27, 2013 12:06 am

If Barca are prepared to go all out for a defender then surely it has to be for someone like Thiago Silva or Kompany.

The_Badger
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Sat Jul 27, 2013 12:09 am

http://www.widgetserver.com/syndication/l/?instId=c8dbc575-2487-4b72-8c4a-1493a7ebda1d&token=1bd3db6c02bd52d007a0fc6eb79937e1439cd88e000001401b5cdc3d&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.goal.com%2Fen%2Fnews%2F15%2Fgermany%2F2013%2F07%2F26%2F4145664%2Fhummels-fascinated-by-barcelona
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by barcaholic Sat Jul 27, 2013 2:23 am

http://www.goal.com/en/news/596/exclusive/2013/07/26/4145290/barcelona-prepare-29m-bid-for-chelseas-david-luiz?ICID=HP_HN_1

:facepalm: 
barcaholic
barcaholic
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Sat Jul 27, 2013 5:12 am

Vergini is free and would be a great fit in our team. Still 40-70m to spend on another experience centreback and possible other options...
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Sat Jul 27, 2013 5:14 am

At this point im okay with David Luiz joining lol.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Sat Jul 27, 2013 5:18 am

Honestly he is probably better than no one. Better than Adriano and Mascherano by a mile
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Sat Jul 27, 2013 6:11 am

If not T.Silva or Koscielny, i am always ok with Luiz..... i see no reason for facepalm.......even i prefer him to 24 year old Roma hype that recently joined the Money...

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by barcaholic Sat Jul 27, 2013 7:13 am

neuro11 wrote:If not T.Silva or Koscielny, i am always ok with Luiz..... i see no reason for facepalm.......even i prefer him to 24 year old Roma hype that recently joined the Money...

Marquinhos is not 24 he is 19...

The facepalm is because david luiz isn't an ideal option but a risky one. a risk that we unfortunately might have to take simply because "we don't have any better choice". and also the price is by no means a bargain. after losing thiago and selling villa for 5 mil, u should understand my disappointment and frustration when (if) we pay 30 mil for david luiz.
barcaholic
barcaholic
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Sat Jul 27, 2013 7:18 am

today's market i do not see a problem with 30m for a defender.. especially a young and well known player like David Luiz.
I agree he isn't the best in the world but like someone said above.. I'd have him over Adriano and Mascherano anyday.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by barcaholic Sat Jul 27, 2013 7:35 am

Setting the bar to buying defenders better than mascherano and adriano is actually setting it very low. those two aren't actual CB's. There r lots of defenders in the world better than those two.

Also, i have a problem with a luiz and pique defensive partnership. they r too similar. both are ball playing cbs who like to get forward whenever possible and help with attack. we shoudn't be looking at good individuals. we want a cb who will add something and improve the team.
barcaholic
barcaholic
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:02 am

how a defender plays is based on how the manager chooses them play as not how they are born.
And the few better defenders are all either impossible to get or over 50m
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:30 am

You're not going to get Luiz for €29 million. That is almost how much Chelsea paid for him a couple of years ago when he was not the established defender he is nowadays. Also add the fact that Mourinho is a big fan and Chelsea don't need the money either.

If you want to sign a defender from Argentina, River's Éder Álvarez should be your top choice. The 20 year old Colombian was impressive when he played against us and I think he'll take over Zapata in the national team. He is a boss on the ball and is a beast (strong, quick, very good in air). Gives his all too (very much like Sakho, left footed too). Maybe BC can tell you all more about him?
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by barcaholic Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:36 am

Donuts wrote:how a defender plays is based on how the manager chooses them play as not how they are born.
And the few better defenders are all either impossible to get or over 50m

I disagree. Players are not robots. Players have tendencies and mentality and flair different levels of discipline.they can control it and try to change but it takes time and practice and it tends to show up sometimes. More importantly, u will be buying a defender based on the fact that u liked his performances when he was playing with his natural style next to Terry or Ivanovic or Cahill (all different type of defenders from Pique) in a team who plays a different style of football. After that u r going to ask him to change that playing style that u liked to adapt with different type of teammates and football. You are going to ask him to change a lots of fundamental things in his game. Sorry but this does sound risky to me. U don't simply sign a player because he is good. u study his tendencies and see how he will fit in your system. how he will perform and how players will perform around him. how the ball will be moved from the back to the front. will he adapt to the team tempo? or does he have a tendency to try and dictate tempo? etc....

Also, u gotta consider the financial side of the team. maybe in Today's market 30 million for Luiz is OK. but it's a big chunk of cash for Barca. How much do u think Barca will have to spend after this? and how much it will affect even the next summer window? Buying him is a big decision and it will hurt the club financially. i think it deserves more consideration than going after him only because he is a better defender than Mascherano and Adriano and he "might" adapt.

That being said if Barca did actually go thru with it, i will be supporting him and rooting for him to adapt to Barca and be a success. I just can't get myself to feel "excited" about it.

barcaholic
barcaholic
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sat Jul 27, 2013 1:05 pm

I think people are not letting go that like 2 years ago David Luiz made some errors while still adapting to English football.

I watched him long since he first got into the Benfica team, I liked his talent back then and I become disappointed by his lack of progress at Chelsea, but still felt he had the talent to do well. I felt he had Lucio written all over him...a talented by flawed player in his early to mid 20's, but once he figures out what he can and cant get away with, a very good defender would remain. I think Luiz isnt finished that learning process but I do think he is on his way.

Last season and much of the season before I saw a much improved David Luiz.

Everyone speaks of his errors, but guys like Kompany made more.

At the Confeds, did he look anything other than a very good defender? He has become really aggressive (in a good way) and he is using his mobility and size very well. He is still a bit dribble happy for my liking, but he is at least able to navigate out of trouble (occasionally into more trouble, true) and can play a good long pass with either foot.

He isnt my favourite player in the world, but I am coming around to the idea.

That being said, dont think he are getting him for 29. I dont see why Chelsea say yes to that.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Jul 27, 2013 1:13 pm

Luiz was fantastic at the confederations cup.

He was also one of the best CBs in the league last year.

People refuse to accept that players can improve.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sat Jul 27, 2013 1:45 pm

Completely agree with Dani and Mole. Luiz has hardly done any errors which plagued his first season at Chelsea and has really improved both attacking and defensive side of his game. GL just refuses to accept that players improve, eg: Luiz, Montolivo etc. BTW I though Tata wanted that Argentinean CB Viduez or something like that.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sat Jul 27, 2013 1:49 pm

Vergini you mean maybe?

Thats just what everyone else has said, media, fans, whoever.

Tata says he thinks Vergini is extraordinary, but he wants to look first at what he has before making a decision on who to sign.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:20 pm

Not Luiz, pls.
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:22 pm

Luiz was poor at the confederation cup except Spain.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:32 pm

free_cat wrote:Luiz was poor at the confederation cup except Spain.

That is rubbish.... how do you explain Brazil only conceding one goal with him on the pitch then?

Hell they conceded more goals with Dante on the pitch for an hour than they did with Luiz for the rest of the tournament.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 39 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 28 ... 39  Next