halamadrid2
EL Patron
Great Leader Sprucenuce
RealGunner
Art Morte
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

QPR sell Samba to Anzhi for £12m - Page 2 Empty Re: QPR sell Samba to Anzhi for £12m

Post by donttreadonred Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:14 am

Tomwin Lannister wrote:He's just flat out mediocre. I wouldn't put much blame onto him for QPR going down but he came in and changed almost nothing.

Why he's valued consistently at over £10M is quite a mystery.
I too think he's decidedly mediocre.

While the shouts for him losing his motivation/concentration/etc. certainly seem valid, it's hard to say he was getting much help in that backline.

Samba was always a bit of a blunt instrument. He used his size and strength to bully opposing forwards and control a penalty box. However, he was slow, and positionally undisciplined, meaning that he HAD to have a specific type of player paired with him. He needed someone who could cover for his deficiencies. Clint Hill, for all his good qualities, no longer had the pace to make up for Samba.

What's was shocking to me was the idea that Samba was ever going to be the savior of QPR's season. It would take a truly world class defender in order to shore up that QPR defense single-handedly. In truth, it was always likely to take another quality midfielder in addition to Remy and Samba in order to get them out of trouble. Unfortunately for QPR, none of those players were ever likely to come to QPR... especially in January with them looking nailed on for the drop.

So, yes... Samba was hardly the world-beater he was touted to be, and he barely even lived up to his own reputation from his previous stint in the Premier League. However, he was never going to be the player they needed.

donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

QPR sell Samba to Anzhi for £12m - Page 2 Empty Re: QPR sell Samba to Anzhi for £12m

Post by CBarca Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:12 am

He's simply bad imo...

I will LOL if Spurs get David Villa for about 10 million pounds with Samba going for 12 rofl
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:18 am

donttreadonred wrote:
Tomwin Lannister wrote:He's just flat out mediocre. I wouldn't put much blame onto him for QPR going down but he came in and changed almost nothing.

Why he's valued consistently at over £10M is quite a mystery.
I too think he's decidedly mediocre.

While the shouts for him losing his motivation/concentration/etc. certainly seem valid, it's hard to say he was getting much help in that backline.

Samba was always a bit of a blunt instrument. He used his size and strength to bully opposing forwards and control a penalty box. However, he was slow, and positionally undisciplined, meaning that he HAD to have a specific type of player paired with him. He needed someone who could cover for his deficiencies. Clint Hill, for all his good qualities, no longer had the pace to make up for Samba.

What's was shocking to me was the idea that Samba was ever going to be the savior of QPR's season. It would take a truly world class defender in order to shore up that QPR defense single-handedly. In truth, it was always likely to take another quality midfielder in addition to Remy and Samba in order to get them out of trouble. Unfortunately for QPR, none of those players were ever likely to come to QPR... especially in January with them looking nailed on for the drop.

So, yes... Samba was hardly the world-beater he was touted to be, and he barely even lived up to his own reputation from his previous stint in the Premier League. However, he was never going to be the player they needed.

Agreed

In the right squad he could hold a place down in a decent team. He's not BAD, he's just not that good. And why people rate him at £12M is just plain wrong.

Juventus are supposedly getting Ogbonna for less money than that, and not from some overseas club, city rivals ffs Laughing
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2