Buffon: 'I've had a good Confederations'

Go down

Buffon: 'I've had a good Confederations' Empty Buffon: 'I've had a good Confederations'

Post by DeviAngel Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:24 am

Gianluigi Buffon insists the 4-0 defeat to Spain “was not a real reflection” of Italy’s quality and answered his Confederations Cup critics.

These teams have faced off three times under Cesare Prandelli. The Azzurri won a friendly 2-1 in Bari, drew 1-1 in the group phase of Euro 2012 and lost the Final 4-0.

“Spain have been the strongest side in the world for several years now, but we want to make a good impression,” said the goalkeeper in his Press conference.

“The Euro 2012 Final was not a real reflection of our true values. We are really motivated to show everyone that the difference is not so great as the result in Kiev would suggest.

“Are we looking for sporting revenge? No.”

Buffon has been under pressure in the Confederations Cup so far and hit back at the criticism.

“I think that I’ve had a very good Confederations Cup so far, even if I got it wrong in the last half-hour against Brazil.

“I could’ve done better, but I also did some very good things before those errors. Of course I hope to do even better against Spain.”
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum