Moggi : " Juve improved, Marotta has done good and good not to buy Alex or Lugano "

+5
eddy
Joe
jn2002dk
Luca
DeviAngel
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Moggi : " Juve improved, Marotta has done good and good not to buy Alex or Lugano "  Empty Moggi : " Juve improved, Marotta has done good and good not to buy Alex or Lugano "

Post by DeviAngel Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:08 pm

In her regular column on Free TV "Football from his point of view" Luciano Moggi, along with Fabrizio Biasin, said market transactions after the closing bell of two days ago. Focus on Juventus with discrete operations but not enough to project the Bianconeri at the top:

"Juve was made ​​against criteria, not the Juventus Palermo Sampdoria or, to be built differently. Giaccherini For example is a good player, but not by Juventus, the rose over the past year certainly has improved, however, do not make teams with so many purchases each market session. Marotta has certainly done well to change most of the pink because that was wrong last year, the midfield has improved, Vidal is not a champion but it is definitely a great plug along with Pirlo who is a champion and it will be important that he is almost always good. In defense has sought a central but in the wrong way, Lugano and Alex were too similar Chiellini in by tonnage.

It takes a Cannavaro, but also skilled in good recoveries in elevation. The problem is one of the Juve team will not compete in the comparison of Milan, can fight for third place. Maybe he can get close to Inter, which remains a question, but when I put it in the grid to fourth place behind even in Naples. Juve should bring her back something concrete at the top, I see it again this year to improve discrete and surely over the past year for the rose , and the absence of international commitments. But we always talk about discreet and not exceptional. Count? was left with some requests, such as the athletic trainer, but for the sake of Juve have accepted the situation. 'a coach certainly important with strong ambitions and character, I'm sure they will do well consistent with the potential of the team.

"Calciopoli of Chios and the final process of Naples, who arrived a few weeks after the decision at first instance:" No, no excitement for this but trust how will end the bad habit that we have seen in court will bring to light what was really Calciopoli, the sentence will tell if I'm wrong or not. "
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 21304
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 122

Back to top Go down

Moggi : " Juve improved, Marotta has done good and good not to buy Alex or Lugano "  Empty Re: Moggi : " Juve improved, Marotta has done good and good not to buy Alex or Lugano "

Post by Luca Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:36 pm

Must be true then :coffee:

Luca
J Council Master

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 14135
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 29

Back to top Go down

Moggi : " Juve improved, Marotta has done good and good not to buy Alex or Lugano "  Empty Re: Moggi : " Juve improved, Marotta has done good and good not to buy Alex or Lugano "

Post by Guest Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:52 pm

Well he's right about Giaccherini... "Vidal is not a Champion", Once again. True, VIDAL IS NOT WORLD CLASS.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Moggi : " Juve improved, Marotta has done good and good not to buy Alex or Lugano "  Empty Re: Moggi : " Juve improved, Marotta has done good and good not to buy Alex or Lugano "

Post by jn2002dk Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:31 pm

Luca wrote:Must be true then :coffee:
Laughing
but watch the Marotta haters completely ignore it yet happily quote anything anti Marotta, even if it's made by some ignorant journalist
jn2002dk
jn2002dk
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Napoli
Posts : 299
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

Moggi : " Juve improved, Marotta has done good and good not to buy Alex or Lugano "  Empty Re: Moggi : " Juve improved, Marotta has done good and good not to buy Alex or Lugano "

Post by Guest Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:37 pm

jn2002dk wrote:
Luca wrote:Must be true then :coffee:
Laughing
but watch the Marotta haters completely ignore it yet happily quote anything anti Marotta, even if it's made by some ignorant journalist

He did say the truth, about Vidal :coffee:

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Moggi : " Juve improved, Marotta has done good and good not to buy Alex or Lugano "  Empty Re: Moggi : " Juve improved, Marotta has done good and good not to buy Alex or Lugano "

Post by jn2002dk Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:39 pm

sciacca wrote:
jn2002dk wrote:
Luca wrote:Must be true then :coffee:
Laughing
but watch the Marotta haters completely ignore it yet happily quote anything anti Marotta, even if it's made by some ignorant journalist

He did say the truth, about Vidal :coffee:
That wasn't my point
My point is that if Moggi had blasted Marotta all the haters would be making one thread after another quoting it as the truth yet when he praises most of his efforts it will go mostly unnoticed
jn2002dk
jn2002dk
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Napoli
Posts : 299
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

Moggi : " Juve improved, Marotta has done good and good not to buy Alex or Lugano "  Empty Re: Moggi : " Juve improved, Marotta has done good and good not to buy Alex or Lugano "

Post by Guest Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:41 pm

How are they going unnoticed?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Moggi : " Juve improved, Marotta has done good and good not to buy Alex or Lugano "  Empty Re: Moggi : " Juve improved, Marotta has done good and good not to buy Alex or Lugano "

Post by jn2002dk Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:46 pm

sciacca wrote:How are they going unnoticed?
Well you don't see any of the usual suspects in here praising Marotta based on this do you?
jn2002dk
jn2002dk
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Napoli
Posts : 299
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

Moggi : " Juve improved, Marotta has done good and good not to buy Alex or Lugano "  Empty Re: Moggi : " Juve improved, Marotta has done good and good not to buy Alex or Lugano "

Post by Guest Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:47 pm

jn2002dk wrote:
sciacca wrote:How are they going unnoticed?
Well you don't see any of the usual suspects in here praising Marotta based on this do you?

All he's claiming is that this has been our best market in recent years which is obvious, it does not mean it's been great generally. It's an improvement that's all, he's saying though it could of been better.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Moggi : " Juve improved, Marotta has done good and good not to buy Alex or Lugano "  Empty Re: Moggi : " Juve improved, Marotta has done good and good not to buy Alex or Lugano "

Post by jn2002dk Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:52 pm

sciacca wrote:
jn2002dk wrote:
sciacca wrote:How are they going unnoticed?
Well you don't see any of the usual suspects in here praising Marotta based on this do you?

All he's claiming is that this has been our best market in recent years which is obvious, it does not mean it's been great generally. It's an improvement that's all, he's saying though it could of been better.
Ok sure, if you say so...
jn2002dk
jn2002dk
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Napoli
Posts : 299
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

Moggi : " Juve improved, Marotta has done good and good not to buy Alex or Lugano "  Empty Re: Moggi : " Juve improved, Marotta has done good and good not to buy Alex or Lugano "

Post by Joe Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:57 pm

Vidal is not word-class, yet. There's no reason why he can't. He has a lot of talent, hopefully he can show it off at Juventus.
Joe
Joe
Prospect
Prospect

Posts : 173
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

Moggi : " Juve improved, Marotta has done good and good not to buy Alex or Lugano "  Empty Re: Moggi : " Juve improved, Marotta has done good and good not to buy Alex or Lugano "

Post by eddy Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:59 pm

ofcourse transfer window could be better for us but i think Marotta finaly did well and even Moggi agreed.

ok one thing that i cant understand is this champion thing?to get champions means that you have to sign older guys.our team already have Del Piero,Buffon,Pirlo i dont think juve needed more old guys because they are champions.

a good combination is to sign young promising players and have already some champions and that makes a great team!
eddy
eddy
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 256
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 34

Back to top Go down

Moggi : " Juve improved, Marotta has done good and good not to buy Alex or Lugano "  Empty Re: Moggi : " Juve improved, Marotta has done good and good not to buy Alex or Lugano "

Post by juve_gigi Sat Sep 03, 2011 4:05 am

jn2002dk wrote:
sciacca wrote:How are they going unnoticed?
Well you don't see any of the usual suspects in here praising Marotta based on this do you?

What exactly did Moggi say that is to be praised? He said Giaccherini is not Juve quality, which is true. He said Vidal is a good purchase but is not world class, which is true. He said Pirlo is world class, which is true. He said we needed another CB to compliment Chielini and so Alex/Lugano weren't the right choices, which is true. He said that we are not at the level of the Milan teams, but that 3rd, maybe 4th place is a possibility, which is true.

So I'm curious as to what exactly Moggi said that would be derived as praising Marotta?

Marotta spent 90m this summer and he acquired zero world class players other than a 32 year old Pirlo who was out of contract. He built a team that could challenge for 3rd place according to Moggi. Well, when you spend 90m you would think that your team has a shot at 3rd place, wouldn't you? How much did Lazio, Udinese, Roma and Napoli spend this summer? Did they have the luxury to spend 90m to improve their squad? Did they have the owners of FIAT cutting them a cheque for 90m like Marotta had?

Sure, Marotta improved the squad, there is no denying that and Moggi saying that is not earth shattering news. But the fact that he spent 90m and didn't acquire even one world class player other than a guy out of contract would not be considered by most to be a great allocation of funds.

Marotta did exactly the same this summer as he did last summer, he went out and got a bunch of average and above average players (Pirlo notwithstanding), and managed to spend more money than every other team. Not even Milan or Inter actaully spent 90m this summer. So I am hoping that yeah we do have a shot at 3rd place at the very least. If we don't get 3rd place after spending more than any other team then Marotta has failed, because this is his team now and he has pretty much turned over the entire roster save for some players left over from the Moggi era.
juve_gigi
juve_gigi
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 3670
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

Moggi : " Juve improved, Marotta has done good and good not to buy Alex or Lugano "  Empty Re: Moggi : " Juve improved, Marotta has done good and good not to buy Alex or Lugano "

Post by zarola Sat Sep 03, 2011 4:56 am

What you unappreciative juve fans dont understand is that marotta has been a genius this window. An amazing young player wont join juve cuz it is juve instead they join a team based on its money and position. If you guys wanted world class players this window you would need to overpay players that have won everything and are old like Eto'o did to Russia. Miracles cant happen, it is obvious why players like rossi and aguero didnt come. Idc about previous windows this window marotta pwned.

Look at the facts. 7th placed team no euro competition yet you still get vucinic, pirlo, vidal, lichsteiner, and even young talents from other countries. Could you imagine if a team like genoa did that?

zarola
zarola
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 2364
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

Moggi : " Juve improved, Marotta has done good and good not to buy Alex or Lugano "  Empty Re: Moggi : " Juve improved, Marotta has done good and good not to buy Alex or Lugano "

Post by Il Pinguino Sat Sep 03, 2011 5:34 am

zarola wrote:What you unappreciative juve fans dont understand is that marotta has been a genius this window. An amazing young player wont join juve cuz it is juve instead they join a team based on its money and position. If you guys wanted world class players this window you would need to overpay players that have won everything and are old like Eto'o did to Russia. Miracles cant happen, it is obvious why players like rossi and aguero didnt come. Idc about previous windows this window marotta pwned.

Look at the facts. 7th placed team no euro competition yet you still get vucinic, pirlo, vidal, lichsteiner, and even young talents from other countries. Could you imagine if a team like genoa did that?

Thumbs up Thumbs up Thumbs up

People need to realize that the majority of these champions want CL football and if not that then a big paycheck. Sure we got Pirlo but he's not only old but consistently injured. Marotta has managed to sign some promising players, add some much needed depth to the wings and attack in general, and signed some proven Serie A talent like Lichsteiner who is flamed day in and day out here, but is proven in Italy with Lazio and compliments Krasic well. At least its not Motta or Grygera....
The point is Marotta has brought in more then enough to secure top 3 the rest is up to Conte from here. Personally I believe Juve has the potential to make top 2...even win it all. Juve only needs to focus on top 3 this year, no EL distractions. If we qualify by seasons end then I have no doubt that a pair of champions will come our way next summer. Just look at what we have to build on if Conte is a success.


Last edited by Il Pinguino on Sat Sep 03, 2011 6:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Il Pinguino
Il Pinguino
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 300
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

Moggi : " Juve improved, Marotta has done good and good not to buy Alex or Lugano "  Empty Re: Moggi : " Juve improved, Marotta has done good and good not to buy Alex or Lugano "

Post by elm_baraja_shaman Sat Sep 03, 2011 5:45 am

zarola wrote:What you unappreciative juve fans dont understand is that marotta has been a genius this window. An amazing young player wont join juve cuz it is juve instead they join a team based on its money and position. If you guys wanted world class players this window you would need to overpay players that have won everything and are old like Eto'o did to Russia. Miracles cant happen, it is obvious why players like rossi and aguero didnt come. Idc about previous windows this window marotta pwned.

Look at the facts. 7th placed team no euro competition yet you still get vucinic, pirlo, vidal, lichsteiner, and even young talents from other countries. Could you imagine if a team like genoa did that?


you forget whose policy got us 7th place last season as well... :coffee:
elm_baraja_shaman
elm_baraja_shaman
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb
Posts : 5266
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 34

Back to top Go down

Moggi : " Juve improved, Marotta has done good and good not to buy Alex or Lugano "  Empty Re: Moggi : " Juve improved, Marotta has done good and good not to buy Alex or Lugano "

Post by eddy Sat Sep 03, 2011 6:26 am

sorry but who is the world class players that they need CL football and didnt join us?

in this transfer market was few crazy good players and the money we needed to get them was crazy!

i speak ofcourse about Sanchez,Aguero and Pastore dont mention Nasri or Fabregas.
check the money and teams that got them we couldnt sign them ofcourse no matter if we had Marotta,Moggi or anyone.

about Rossi he is good player but 38 million for Rossi is stupid move and i am happy we didnt sign him.

about the players we got i am more than happy we could avoid sign Pepe or one of Qualiarela or Vucinic and use Pasquato.
all other transfers was must and there was no better players with less money around.
this year we didnt overpay any player like last year and i am very happy about it.

saying Vidal is good but no world class and who is world class out there except of few guys like Fabregas that will join juve?none!

another thing talking about Giaccherini and others that are not juve quality.Camoranesi was juve's quality when we sign him?
Del Piero was world class?
Zidane was world class?
we paid just 3m for him and he is not bad player also i think this guy needed a chance to shine.

they become world class or legends here thats why i love juve because we was signing good players and turn them to legends!!

even 2 last years of Mr Moggi transfers wasnt good but things turn like that and cant judge them, but Moggi's mind to let young players go and keep his champions is a fact and was about to cost us alot.

ofcourse era after Moggi was a joke we keep getting lower quality players and let good players leave and this thing continue even from Marotta last year.

ok this year sorry i saw something new from him he did pretty well in unfriendly environment without CL football and in a very hard transfer window that PSG and City was about to get all good players.

so for my point of view we passed in a new era finally that we did good transfers and i believe that we have a good squad the only thing we missing is winning mentality if Conte can give this thing to our guys we can be the old Juve again!
eddy
eddy
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 256
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 34

Back to top Go down

Moggi : " Juve improved, Marotta has done good and good not to buy Alex or Lugano "  Empty Re: Moggi : " Juve improved, Marotta has done good and good not to buy Alex or Lugano "

Post by juve_gigi Sat Sep 03, 2011 6:33 am

zarola wrote:What you unappreciative juve fans dont understand is that marotta has been a genius this window. An amazing young player wont join juve cuz it is juve instead they join a team based on its money and position. If you guys wanted world class players this window you would need to overpay players that have won everything and are old like Eto'o did to Russia. Miracles cant happen, it is obvious why players like rossi and aguero didnt come. Idc about previous windows this window marotta pwned.

Look at the facts. 7th placed team no euro competition yet you still get vucinic, pirlo, vidal, lichsteiner, and even young talents from other countries. Could you imagine if a team like genoa did that?

Marotta had 90m in the kitty, so purchasing average or above average players like Vucinic, Vidal and Lichtsteiner should not be considered as "genius" moves.

And I am sure if the manager of Genoa had 90m to spend, he could have done what Marotta did for the same costs or less.

As for Rossi, the only reason why he didn't come was because Marotta didn't want to give Villarreal the extra 5m to close the deal. He had already agree personal terms with Juve and his sister Tina gave an interview which stated that his whole family wanted him to go to Juve. Rossi not coming to Juve had nothing to do with us not being in CL.
juve_gigi
juve_gigi
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 3670
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

Moggi : " Juve improved, Marotta has done good and good not to buy Alex or Lugano "  Empty Re: Moggi : " Juve improved, Marotta has done good and good not to buy Alex or Lugano "

Post by DeviAngel Sat Sep 03, 2011 11:19 am

zarola wrote:What you unappreciative juve fans dont understand is that marotta has been a genius this window. An amazing young player wont join juve cuz it is juve instead they join a team based on its money and position. If you guys wanted world class players this window you would need to overpay players that have won everything and are old like Eto'o did to Russia. Miracles cant happen, it is obvious why players like rossi and aguero didnt come. Idc about previous windows this window marotta pwned.

Look at the facts. 7th placed team no euro competition yet you still get vucinic, pirlo, vidal, lichsteiner, and even young talents from other countries. Could you imagine if a team like genoa did that?


ppl here are stuck in the past and thats simple they blame marotta for everything last season because they just want to bash him ..they know that it was DN's fault but yet they blame marotta what can u do except sit back and relax ..
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 21304
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 122

Back to top Go down

Moggi : " Juve improved, Marotta has done good and good not to buy Alex or Lugano "  Empty Re: Moggi : " Juve improved, Marotta has done good and good not to buy Alex or Lugano "

Post by juve_gigi Sat Sep 03, 2011 12:03 pm

DeviAngel wrote:
zarola wrote:What you unappreciative juve fans dont understand is that marotta has been a genius this window. An amazing young player wont join juve cuz it is juve instead they join a team based on its money and position. If you guys wanted world class players this window you would need to overpay players that have won everything and are old like Eto'o did to Russia. Miracles cant happen, it is obvious why players like rossi and aguero didnt come. Idc about previous windows this window marotta pwned.

Look at the facts. 7th placed team no euro competition yet you still get vucinic, pirlo, vidal, lichsteiner, and even young talents from other countries. Could you imagine if a team like genoa did that?


ppl here are stuck in the past and thats simple they blame marotta for everything last season because they just want to bash him ..they know that it was DN's fault but yet they blame marotta what can u do except sit back and relax ..

And I am sure if Juve fail this year it will be all Conte's fault as well. Might as well sign Marotta to a lifetime contract then, cause if we continue to fail it will just simply be the coach's fault every time...
juve_gigi
juve_gigi
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 3670
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

Moggi : " Juve improved, Marotta has done good and good not to buy Alex or Lugano "  Empty Re: Moggi : " Juve improved, Marotta has done good and good not to buy Alex or Lugano "

Post by DeviAngel Sat Sep 03, 2011 12:05 pm

juve_gigi wrote:
DeviAngel wrote:
zarola wrote:What you unappreciative juve fans dont understand is that marotta has been a genius this window. An amazing young player wont join juve cuz it is juve instead they join a team based on its money and position. If you guys wanted world class players this window you would need to overpay players that have won everything and are old like Eto'o did to Russia. Miracles cant happen, it is obvious why players like rossi and aguero didnt come. Idc about previous windows this window marotta pwned.

Look at the facts. 7th placed team no euro competition yet you still get vucinic, pirlo, vidal, lichsteiner, and even young talents from other countries. Could you imagine if a team like genoa did that?


ppl here are stuck in the past and thats simple they blame marotta for everything last season because they just want to bash him ..they know that it was DN's fault but yet they blame marotta what can u do except sit back and relax ..

And I am sure if Juve fail this year it will be all Conte's fault as well. Might as well sign Marotta to a lifetime contract then, cause if we continue to fail it will just simply be the coach's fault every time...

or we can continue crying for moggi and live in the past Wink
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 21304
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 122

Back to top Go down

Moggi : " Juve improved, Marotta has done good and good not to buy Alex or Lugano "  Empty Re: Moggi : " Juve improved, Marotta has done good and good not to buy Alex or Lugano "

Post by juve_gigi Sat Sep 03, 2011 12:11 pm

DeviAngel wrote:
juve_gigi wrote:
DeviAngel wrote:
zarola wrote:What you unappreciative juve fans dont understand is that marotta has been a genius this window. An amazing young player wont join juve cuz it is juve instead they join a team based on its money and position. If you guys wanted world class players this window you would need to overpay players that have won everything and are old like Eto'o did to Russia. Miracles cant happen, it is obvious why players like rossi and aguero didnt come. Idc about previous windows this window marotta pwned.

Look at the facts. 7th placed team no euro competition yet you still get vucinic, pirlo, vidal, lichsteiner, and even young talents from other countries. Could you imagine if a team like genoa did that?


ppl here are stuck in the past and thats simple they blame marotta for everything last season because they just want to bash him ..they know that it was DN's fault but yet they blame marotta what can u do except sit back and relax ..

And I am sure if Juve fail this year it will be all Conte's fault as well. Might as well sign Marotta to a lifetime contract then, cause if we continue to fail it will just simply be the coach's fault every time...

or we can continue crying for moggi and live in the past Wink

Believe me I have cried many times over the past 5 years, longing for my Juve to return. Maybe one day they will, who knows...
juve_gigi
juve_gigi
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 3670
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

Moggi : " Juve improved, Marotta has done good and good not to buy Alex or Lugano "  Empty Re: Moggi : " Juve improved, Marotta has done good and good not to buy Alex or Lugano "

Post by DeviAngel Sat Sep 03, 2011 12:12 pm

juve_gigi wrote:
DeviAngel wrote:
juve_gigi wrote:
DeviAngel wrote:
zarola wrote:What you unappreciative juve fans dont understand is that marotta has been a genius this window. An amazing young player wont join juve cuz it is juve instead they join a team based on its money and position. If you guys wanted world class players this window you would need to overpay players that have won everything and are old like Eto'o did to Russia. Miracles cant happen, it is obvious why players like rossi and aguero didnt come. Idc about previous windows this window marotta pwned.

Look at the facts. 7th placed team no euro competition yet you still get vucinic, pirlo, vidal, lichsteiner, and even young talents from other countries. Could you imagine if a team like genoa did that?


ppl here are stuck in the past and thats simple they blame marotta for everything last season because they just want to bash him ..they know that it was DN's fault but yet they blame marotta what can u do except sit back and relax ..

And I am sure if Juve fail this year it will be all Conte's fault as well. Might as well sign Marotta to a lifetime contract then, cause if we continue to fail it will just simply be the coach's fault every time...

or we can continue crying for moggi and live in the past Wink

Believe me I have cried many times over the past 5 years, longing for my Juve to return. Maybe one day they will, who knows...

and crying is not the way to do it ...only supporting and giving ur heart on the hand if needed is the way to go and putting faith into the team as the team put faith in us so many yrs even when everything was not so shining and pink ..
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 21304
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 122

Back to top Go down

Moggi : " Juve improved, Marotta has done good and good not to buy Alex or Lugano "  Empty Re: Moggi : " Juve improved, Marotta has done good and good not to buy Alex or Lugano "

Post by jn2002dk Sat Sep 03, 2011 12:50 pm

juve_gigi wrote:
jn2002dk wrote:
sciacca wrote:How are they going unnoticed?
Well you don't see any of the usual suspects in here praising Marotta based on this do you?

What exactly did Moggi say that is to be praised? He said Giaccherini is not Juve quality, which is true. He said Vidal is a good purchase but is not world class, which is true. He said Pirlo is world class, which is true. He said we needed another CB to compliment Chielini and so Alex/Lugano weren't the right choices, which is true. He said that we are not at the level of the Milan teams, but that 3rd, maybe 4th place is a possibility, which is true.

So I'm curious as to what exactly Moggi said that would be derived as praising Marotta?

Marotta spent 90m this summer and he acquired zero world class players other than a 32 year old Pirlo who was out of contract. He built a team that could challenge for 3rd place according to Moggi. Well, when you spend 90m you would think that your team has a shot at 3rd place, wouldn't you? How much did Lazio, Udinese, Roma and Napoli spend this summer? Did they have the luxury to spend 90m to improve their squad? Did they have the owners of FIAT cutting them a cheque for 90m like Marotta had?

Sure, Marotta improved the squad, there is no denying that and Moggi saying that is not earth shattering news. But the fact that he spent 90m and didn't acquire even one world class player other than a guy out of contract would not be considered by most to be a great allocation of funds.

Marotta did exactly the same this summer as he did last summer, he went out and got a bunch of average and above average players (Pirlo notwithstanding), and managed to spend more money than every other team. Not even Milan or Inter actaully spent 90m this summer. So I am hoping that yeah we do have a shot at 3rd place at the very least. If we don't get 3rd place after spending more than any other team then Marotta has failed, because this is his team now and he has pretty much turned over the entire roster save for some players left over from the Moggi era.
EDIT
Nevermind, i'm done wasting my time of forum posters who think they know better than the pros
jn2002dk
jn2002dk
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Napoli
Posts : 299
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

Moggi : " Juve improved, Marotta has done good and good not to buy Alex or Lugano "  Empty Re: Moggi : " Juve improved, Marotta has done good and good not to buy Alex or Lugano "

Post by juve_gigi Sat Sep 03, 2011 7:00 pm

jn2002dk wrote:
juve_gigi wrote:
jn2002dk wrote:
sciacca wrote:How are they going unnoticed?
Well you don't see any of the usual suspects in here praising Marotta based on this do you?

What exactly did Moggi say that is to be praised? He said Giaccherini is not Juve quality, which is true. He said Vidal is a good purchase but is not world class, which is true. He said Pirlo is world class, which is true. He said we needed another CB to compliment Chielini and so Alex/Lugano weren't the right choices, which is true. He said that we are not at the level of the Milan teams, but that 3rd, maybe 4th place is a possibility, which is true.

So I'm curious as to what exactly Moggi said that would be derived as praising Marotta?

Marotta spent 90m this summer and he acquired zero world class players other than a 32 year old Pirlo who was out of contract. He built a team that could challenge for 3rd place according to Moggi. Well, when you spend 90m you would think that your team has a shot at 3rd place, wouldn't you? How much did Lazio, Udinese, Roma and Napoli spend this summer? Did they have the luxury to spend 90m to improve their squad? Did they have the owners of FIAT cutting them a cheque for 90m like Marotta had?

Sure, Marotta improved the squad, there is no denying that and Moggi saying that is not earth shattering news. But the fact that he spent 90m and didn't acquire even one world class player other than a guy out of contract would not be considered by most to be a great allocation of funds.

Marotta did exactly the same this summer as he did last summer, he went out and got a bunch of average and above average players (Pirlo notwithstanding), and managed to spend more money than every other team. Not even Milan or Inter actaully spent 90m this summer. So I am hoping that yeah we do have a shot at 3rd place at the very least. If we don't get 3rd place after spending more than any other team then Marotta has failed, because this is his team now and he has pretty much turned over the entire roster save for some players left over from the Moggi era.
EDIT
Nevermind, i'm done wasting my time of forum posters who think they know better than the pros

Believe me, I don't know any more than you do. And I never said that I knew more than anyone else. That is only your interpretation of my post, which you have interpreted incorrectly. I am just stating my opinion. And everything I said was summarized in the article quoting Moggi. Feel free to express your opinion at any time, it is a forum and you are entitled to your opinion just as I am mine.

Don't let my passion for Juve stop anyone from expressing their opinion please. The reason I post this way is because I am passionate about our team. I don't love Marotta or Conte, I don't even like them. I LOVE Juventus, that is it. And if Conte and/or Marotta leave or get the axe, then I will still love my Juventus. I am crirical of them because we are a 7th place team and a laughung stock of Serie A and I'm not gonna take it anymore. I will dismiss anyone who puts zero balme on Marotta or Conte because it is not the truth. We should all supoort our team but we should also be critical of decisions that are made, as those decisions will affect the future of our club.

If people wish to follow Juventus blindly and do not care what decisions are made, good or bad, and don't want to be critical of management, then that's fine, that is your choice. But it isn't my choice.

But we are all entitled to our opinion, so if I offended you by my post then I apologize, as you are a long time poster and follower of this and the other forums and I do not want you to misinterpret what I say and not express your valued opinion because of what I say. Thanks.

Thumbs up
juve_gigi
juve_gigi
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 3670
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

Moggi : " Juve improved, Marotta has done good and good not to buy Alex or Lugano "  Empty Re: Moggi : " Juve improved, Marotta has done good and good not to buy Alex or Lugano "

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum