Lex
izzy
sportsczy
Kick
guest7
37 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

The laughing stock of football - Page 3 Empty Re: The laughing stock of football

Post by Uncanny Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:49 pm

QPR

Uncanny
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

The laughing stock of football - Page 3 Empty Re: The laughing stock of football

Post by DeletedUser#1 Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:50 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
Natalie Portman wrote:Back on TOPIC, it's definitely Newcastle.
Just because they have a large stadium, they have this illusion that they are a big club, yet their history and trophy cabinet doesn't show a thing that backs it up.
Graham Carr is by far the most over-rated person on earth, whom some believe is the second coming of scouts, whereas not many of his various purchases have been a DEFINITE success.

Mole for example. I used to stalk him on NUFC forums before signing up. At the end of January, he was saying he's positive that with their new bargain French recruits they have a good chance of overtaking Liverpool and securing a top 8 spot Laughing

Errr no we don't.....

Also all of Carr's major signings have been good its not the players fault they instructed by an idiot of an manager.

Also don't lie to the people i never said that at any stage.

Carr's signings have had one good season, and one terrible one.

3rd time verdict? This season will determine it. A lot of your own fans on N-O online are starting to have doubts too. Next season this time, we'll have a clearer idea.

and if you are Mole_Toonfan, then I totally remember reading that :coffee: It was after the win over Chelsea.

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:53 pm

If Liverpool get a mention just because of Suarez, I'd throw in United as well for Cantona, Giggs shagging his brothers wife Laughing SAF being the biggest c*nt of a manager in history etc.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:56 pm

Look Carr's signings have been players that thrive on technical football, they will never get consistent results if we have a idiotic manager who instructs them to hoof all day long.

That isn't Carr's fault, that is Pardew's fault.

We have doubts about Pardew's ability to get the best out of these group of players and the ambition of the owner to get us the 3 or 4 players we need to improve.

There are no doubts over Carr.

As for me, i don't remember saying that. I seem to remember a few others getting giddy over the Chelsea result but the most ambitious i remember saying was top 10.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:05 pm

McAgger wrote:If Liverpool get a mention just because of Suarez, I'd throw in United as well for Cantona, Giggs shagging his brothers wife :lol:SAF being the biggest c*nt of a manager in history etc.

There's more reasons for Pool to be here than Utd if we're strictly talking football.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:09 pm

izzy wrote:
McAgger wrote:If Liverpool get a mention just because of Suarez, I'd throw in United as well for Cantona, Giggs shagging his brothers wife :lol:SAF being the biggest c*nt of a manager in history etc.

There's more reasons for Pool to be here than Utd if we're strictly talking football.

List them, why don't you, since we are at it.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by S Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:12 pm

Just to add more spice and controversy to this thread.
Arsenal up until now.(The last few years or so)
Even their loanees Ryo Miyachi and Bendtner won a trophy recently. Laughing
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:13 pm

McAgger wrote:
izzy wrote:

List them, why don't you, since we are at it.

Finishing below Everton (what is it 4x since 2005?)
No League title in 23 years.
Surrendered top 4 place to Spurs FFS
Haven't finished in top 4 since 2009
'Come back when you win 18' -------------They've won 20.

This is just off the top of my head.
Football reasons

izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by S Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:29 pm

Also Madrid.
Half a billion pounds spent for two trophies rofl
And one being a mickey mouse cup for their standards.

Either ways every club undergo their bad phases.For some clubs it happens more often than not mostly due to bad management.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:42 pm

izzy wrote:
Finishing below Everton (what is it 4x since 2005?)
No League title in 23 years.
Surrendered top 4 place to Spurs FFS
Haven't finished in top 4 since 2009
'Come back when you win 18' -------------They've won 20.

This is just off the top of my head.
Football reasons

-Finished below Everton only 3 times in 26 years.
-Didn't surrender Top 4 to Spurs. Surrendered it to mega rich City.
-How does not finishing top 4 in a competitive PL make one a laughing stock in football scratch
-Still the second leading league winner in history of English football.

The only thing that could possibly make us a laughing stock would be not winning the league title in 23 years. Then add Arsenal for not winning a trophy for however many years. And every other club that hasn't won their league for however many years.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by flameas Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:43 pm

PSG, City, Monaco.. other money clubs..
flameas
flameas
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Fuchsteufelswild Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:53 pm

Fc Schalke 04
Fuchsteufelswild
Fuchsteufelswild
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:02 pm

McAgger wrote:
-How does not finishing top 4 in a competitive PL make one a laughing stock in football scratch

The only thing that could possibly make us a laughing stock would be not winning the league title in 23 years. Then add Arsenal for not winning a trophy for however many years. And every other club that hasn't won their league for however many years.

Is this serious?
- Finishing below Everton after constantly bashing and insulting the Manager for not being good is embarrassing. Especially doing it for two seasons straight.

- You surrendered it to Spurs in the 2009/2010 season. YOU were the team who were knocked out of it. The usual's were Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal and Pool. You flopped and Spurs took advantage of your flop.

- Finishing outside the top 4 for a club of Liverpool's stature is an embarrassment. There's no way to look at that as a positive or even give an excuse for that occurring. It's embarrassing and cringe worthy.

- So? You haven't won it for 23 years and the team you gave stick about not being up to your tally surpassed you with ease and for the majority of their title wins, you weren't really a serious threat to them. Do you realise that Liverpool have only ever finished 2nd TWICE in the PL era? That's embarrassing.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:43 pm

hahahahaha stop, this is to much butt hurt in one post. rofl Proud
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:09 pm

Unfortunately, RWO can boast this distinction, too. Now we haven't qualified for the DFB Pokal for the second time in a row - last year we got kicked out by 5th division club Hönnepel-Niedermörmter (sic!) and this year, 5th division Sportfreunde Baumberg got the better of us :facepalm:
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:37 pm

Palermo no doubt
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:40 pm

Surag wrote:Just to add more spice and controversy to this thread.

Thought about mentioning it but it would be so typical for me. Plus Arsenal is an incredibly well run club.

That being said their trophyless streak is worth a large laugh Laughing

Oh, and for someone that follows Tottenham, I shouldn't mention Arsenal as a laughing stock.

But I do agree with you
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:45 pm

CBarca wrote:
Surag wrote:Just to add more spice and controversy to this thread.

Thought about mentioning it but it would be so typical for me. Plus Arsenal is an incredibly well run club.

That being said their trophyless streak is worth a large laugh Laughing

Oh, and for someone that follows Tottenham, I shouldn't mention Arsenal as a laughing stock.

But I do agree with you

Guess we need to organise few stand up comedies if we are going to talk about Tottenham's lack of trophies Laughing

But then, Tottenham are not a club that goes for trophies so it's ok for them
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:49 pm

Madrid's decade long CL failure cannot go unpunished for a club of its stature.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:11 pm

B-Mac MUFC wrote:

hahahahaha stop, this is to much butt hurt in one post. roflProud

What's so laughable? Liverpool is a club with a very rich history and respectable players and managers. If we're going to be mentioning them in this thread just because of Suarez then you could just as well throw United's name out there for reasons stated above. Are you going to deny that Cantona was as big a c*nt as Suarez? Are you going to deny that Giggs shagged his brothers wife? Are you going to deny that SAF was a sore loser and c*nt of a person?
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:12 pm

RealGunner wrote:Guess we need to organise few stand up comedies if we are going to talk about Tottenham's lack of trophies Laughing

But then, Tottenham are not a club that goes for trophies so it's ok for them

Tottenham shouldn't be here.

No one's laughing anymore, it's just sad now.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:22 pm

izzy wrote:
McAgger wrote:

Is this serious?
- Finishing below Everton after constantly bashing and insulting the Manager for not being good is embarrassing. Especially doing it for two seasons straight.

- You surrendered it to Spurs in the 2009/2010 season. YOU were the team who were knocked out of it. The usual's were Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal and Pool. You flopped and Spurs took advantage of your flop.

- Finishing outside the top 4 for a club of Liverpool's stature is an embarrassment. There's no way to look at that as a positive or even give an excuse for that occurring. It's embarrassing and cringe worthy.

- So? You haven't won it for 23 years and the team you gave stick about not being up to your tally surpassed you with ease and for the majority of their title wins, you weren't really a serious threat to them. Do you realise that Liverpool have only ever finished 2nd TWICE in the PL era? That's embarrassing.

-Dude everyone at Liverpool is realizing that we're not the top club we used to be. Finishing below Everton doesn't mean jack squat. I don't even know what that has to do at all with Liverpool being a laughing stock in football. Everyone loses to their rivals at something. Madrid just lost the Copa to Atletico are we going to throw their name in here as a laughing stock of football because of that.

-Spurs have only been in CL 1 goddam time in the 4 years we've missed it so far. City have been there for 3 times. City are the team that took our regular spot in the top 4 not Spurs.

-Liverpool's stature as a club means jack squat. No one has a right at anything. If you are not good enough, you are not good enough. Everyone knows we are in a period of rebuilding. Why don't you throw Ajax's name in this thread while you are at it. They used to be a top team but wtf happened to them eh? Again these sort of transitions happen to every club.

-Like I said the only embarrassment as Pool fan I feel is not wining the league for 23 years. I don't know why you feel the need to rebuttal this, I'm accepting defeat in this point. There is no excuse for this.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:28 pm

McAgger wrote:
B-Mac MUFC wrote:

hahahahaha stop, this is to much butt hurt in one post. roflProud

What's so laughable? Liverpool is a club with a very rich history and respectable players and managers. If we're going to be mentioning them in this thread just because of Suarez then you could just as well throw United's name out there for reasons stated above. Are you going to deny that Cantona was as big a c*nt as Suarez? Are you going to deny that Giggs shagged his brothers wife? Are you going to deny that SAF was a sore loser and c*nt of a person?

say what you want, but fact is during all that time we were winning and you lot have been pathetic and become a mid table side.
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:32 pm

OP's post specifically states to avoid putting rival clubs and/or posting names without explanations and yet you lot can't make it a page before falling into the same old nonsense and cat-fights. Disappointing.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3