FalcaoPunch
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Onyx
39 posters

Page 20 of 27 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 23 ... 27  Next

Go down

PES 2014 - Page 20 Empty Re: PES 2014

Post by •MilanDevil• Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:51 pm

@danyjr, Konami hasn't finished all the faces yet, that is why they will release a free DLC containing 100s of faces; the faces of players like riquelme and rafael are not the real ones.

•MilanDevil•
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by •MilanDevil• Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:52 pm

You guys have the game already, I should wait till the 24th. Mad 
•MilanDevil•
•MilanDevil•
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:33 am

Why would they release a game when some parts of it are unfinished? That pressure to drop it the same time FIFA drops.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:58 am

Blue Barrett wrote:Why would they release a game when some parts of it are unfinished? That pressure to drop it the same time FIFA drops.
Its because its entirely new engine so they had to create all the assets from scratch, so some of the faces are just preset until they are done.

The only reason i'm not fussed is because they are commited to adding hundreds of faces over the coming weeks.

And even so the editing tools are so vast now that the editing guys can fix the faces rather quickly, when the first option files get released.

But they are really really bad... some of the faces looked better last year because they worked on them for years it doesn't have anything to do with Fifa though if they waited to they were all complete it probably wouldn't come out before Christmas.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by •MilanDevil• Fri Sep 20, 2013 3:49 am

In addition, Konami does not have the technology that EA has (face scan), they have to create faces manually which is more difficult.
•MilanDevil•
•MilanDevil•
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Fri Sep 20, 2013 3:58 pm

Mole, Danny, this is the only place on the internet where I've seen good reviews on PES 2014, even from diehard PES fans. Everyone else is saying its horrible/worst PES ever hmm
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Fri Sep 20, 2013 4:45 pm

Playing this game right now at a friends house.

It's really tough for me to judge this game because of the new consoles coming out, so I might give it a pass.

I will say this, I really dislike the PES franchise but i'm not an idiot and have played every single one that has come out (PES 3 being one of my favorite football games ever) but a lot of people are pissed about this game right now.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Sep 20, 2013 4:51 pm

Blue Barrett wrote:Mole, Danny, this is the only place on the internet where I've seen good reviews on PES 2014, even from diehard PES fans. Everyone else is saying its horrible/worst PES ever hmm
You trolling brah?

Pretty much all the major reviews are 8s or 9s apart from Gamespot who gave it a 6 because its a simulation :facepalm: ( their words not mine Laughing )

Even most of the community reviews are very positive, but i'm not surprised some people don't like it...

Its take a long time to get used to and you have to stick with it, people don't like change so will instantly put it down.

Although it is true that the online, modes and presentation is still meh, but the gameplay is streets ahead of anything since PES 6.

Worse PES ever lol, compared to the disgraceful line up we have been served with this generation this is leagues ahead.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Sep 20, 2013 5:30 pm

Anyway just looked and most of the complaints on community websites are about online not the game itself.

Which is fair enough as it is quite bad tbh, in fact most of them seem delighted with the overall gameplay.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Fri Sep 20, 2013 5:49 pm

Mole, has this game exceed your expectations or not?

I'm having a hard time judging this game right now.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:07 pm

Wow not sure why this is but playing on Professional is a lot different to Top Player and Superstar.

Game feels more fluid, responsive and even the shooting feels less floaty.

While on Superstar and Top player it feels a lot different and not for the better.... very strange.

I want to play on higher difficulties but until this is fixed i'm not going near them the game for some reason just plays miles better on Professional... baffling.

izzy wrote:Mole, has this game exceed your expectations or not?

I'm having a hard time judging this game right now.
I'm not sure what my expectations were for the product as a whole, but gameplay wise i'm very happy yes to the point i don't want to ever go back to 2013 i can't stand it now.

But i am little disappointed in the online, modes and general presentation ( although that could be fixed via option file)

Basically its the same old story but with much improved gameplay, once you get used to the changes.

Its good on the pitch but off it leaves a lot to be desired, which quite frankly was expected in the back of my mind.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:11 pm

Play it on +1 speed. 0 is too slow to be realistic, in fact this is the first PES I've had to speed it up as opposed to slowing down.

What speed do you play on Great Leader?
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:23 pm

Yeah i play on +1 as well.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:43 pm

Downloaded the full PES 2013 game. Trying to see if I'll like it if I give it time. The license thing really irks me though Laughing

And how the bloody hell is Mata rated 83 and Hazard 92?! scratch
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:52 pm

2013?
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:55 pm

Yep. Wrong thread Laughing
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:58 pm

Nah its ok we don't even have a 2013 thread Laughing

I like 2013 but 2014 is so much better now i have got used to it and can't stand 2013 after playing 2014.

A lot different to 2013 though, you have to forgot everything you know about a football game going into it really lol.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:18 pm

Robinho is 91
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by •MilanDevil• Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:21 pm

Ratings don't matter in Pes, an 82 rated player can play better than a 90 rated player, its just that some stats weigh more in deciding the overall of a player. Also, the ratings are out of 120.
•MilanDevil•
•MilanDevil•
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:25 pm

Can't wait until the modders release some stuff for the console version, some of the faces are so wrong lol
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Sep 21, 2013 12:33 am

El Shaarawy wrote:Can't wait until the modders release some stuff for the console version, some of the faces are so wrong lol
GTM PES World one of the better ones around is releasing their file tomorrow.

Can finally start my Master League adventure with Newcastle banana
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sat Sep 21, 2013 10:22 am

When you said tomorrow, do you mean Saturday or Sunday Mole?

Because this feels so wrong right now, its not even the team names that bother me. Its the kits, they are incredible lol

I got the game last night, played a little, the lofted shooting is bugging me and generally the shooting overall. They have fixed the mechanics finally, but it seems to take an absolute age to get a shot off. My through ball skills right now suck tremendously, but I think thats me, not the game.

My dribbling is also a disaster, I have never seen Neymar and Messi look so bad. I really got work to do here.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Sep 21, 2013 12:47 pm

Saturday night apparently....

Also all these things you mention.... i find for some baffling reason all disappear when you play on Professional.

I can't even explain it but the game feels more fluid, responsive, shooting feels less floaty and a less buggy experience overall.

Its utterly baffling but there's definitely a difference between how the game plays and feels on Professional compared to to Top player and Superstar.

The heart system is also a question mark for me.... some people have stated that it effects how accurate your dribbling, shooting and passing is by how high or low your motivation is good or bad.

I'm going to test it, honestly its not as realistic but i want a consistent experience.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sat Sep 21, 2013 2:16 pm

I've given this game another go after a not-so-enjoyable experience last night and my verdict remains the same: it's not for me.

Things were going better after I fiddled around with a few settings. Increasing the game speed by one seemed to make the players move just that little bit quicker, which made up build-up play a lot better for me since I didn't have to wait that extra second for the support to actually move into a position where I can pass to them. Switching back to "Basic" on through balls worked a treat, too, and by putting pass assistance down to zero, I could still have the freedom over the power and direction of through balls that I liked.

While I was starting to have some fun passing it around, trying to dribble around when people and scoring different types of goals, I noticed that the defending was laughably bad.

Admittedly, my own skill here isn't that high, but there were a few problems that made defending very difficult for me. Firstly, defenders keep pushing up, almost as high as the halfway line, so it's easy for the opposition to get runners in behind. Winning that first tackle is annoyingly hard with this double-tap control (why can't it just be one tap?) and if you don't win it, you're screwed because player switching is terrible. It takes an age for the cursor to switch, and you don't have much control over where the cursor goes. So when I wanted to switch to a defender and back off and cover runs, I couldn't; by the time I finally got the cursor where I wanted it, the opposition were away on goal.

I also found that the opposition could get players behind your midfield, but your midfield just wouldn't react, so you have to manually get your midfield back to cover and get some sort of shape. Slide tackling is also useless.

It's all proving to be one hurdle too far for me.

(On another note, I'm very glad I decided to rent this game and not buy it outright)

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Sep 21, 2013 5:48 pm

Jay have you tried adjusting the sliders in the gameplan? think that will solve some of those issues.

Also i'm not saying this for the sake of it.... but seriously play on professional  if you are not.... its more fluid, responsive, shooting less floaty and lastly the cursor is quicker.

I don't have any of those problems because of that but i will admit playing on top player and superstar to be a bug ridden experience which lacks fluidity and response.

Not even sure why that is but i hope that is fixed.

Anyway i'm going to test out the heart system now.... some are claiming that it effects how the player shoots, dribbles and passes as i said earlier depending how high the motivation is.

If that is true i might take it off... will be less realistic but i want more consistency even if i take away realism.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Sat Sep 21, 2013 7:00 pm

Goalkeepers = horrendous. I think they've made the keepers bad to make up for how poor shooting is. Overall, the game is balanced in that regard but far from being a simulation.

Switching system = slow and needs more work. Why can't they do it like FIFA i.e. by switching with Right Analogue Stick alone and none of that arrow bullshit?

There obviously a ton of other nuisances but those I can live with them...for now - because the rest of the game is such a great experience.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 27 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 23 ... 27  Next