Why are the English terrible at football?

+34
michaelnana
Abramovich
Luis_Suarez123
Kaladin
ExtremistEnigma
Gil
Adit
VivaStPauli
The_Badger
Grooverider
Fuchsteufelswild
LuckAndWin
RED
timzink
Pedram
Lupi
VendettaRed07
RealGunner
Jay29
BarrileteCosmico
Lex
Suarez99
DuringTheWar
Arquitecto
Juveman17
sportsczy
Casciavit
Rebaño Sagrado
free_cat
Tomwin Lannister
jibers
izzy
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Clockwork Orange
38 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Why are  the English terrible at football? - Page 3 Empty Re: Why are the English terrible at football?

Post by Fuchsteufelswild Thu May 30, 2013 4:59 am

They bought the 1966 World Cup and have been cursed ever since.

Fuchsteufelswild
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Why are  the English terrible at football? - Page 3 Empty Re: Why are the English terrible at football?

Post by LuckAndWin Thu May 30, 2013 5:47 am

Fuchsteufelswild wrote:They bought the 1966 World Cup and have been cursed ever since.
Wooo spooky~ Very Happy
LuckAndWin
LuckAndWin
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Grooverider Thu May 30, 2013 8:18 am

Clockwork Orange wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Coaching is awful, there's more to it than that but our coaches from top to bottom are horrendous.

Why is it so bad Great Leader? As usual your knowledge on such matters comes to the forefront in such debates. You continue to illuminate this forum whos light is slowly but surely fading away.
izzy wrote:Your agenda to hate everything English is boring.

Do something else.

How? Is it because I am saying my hypothesis based on my observation? Why does this get you so much?
jibers wrote:

As usual you add nothing substantial to any debate. You are a mafiosos like your club Manchester United and relish the chance at watching that man Moyes sink your club to nothingness
AbraKebabra Alacalamb wrote:Still more world cups than the Netherlands tbf.

I don't see how this is relevant. Then again I expect little from a Juventino. I am sure you are doping in your room as you typed this post. A dog mirrors its master.

Arquitescu wrote:Dutch speaking of terrible football when they haven't won a World Cup compared to England and have a 2nd rate league compared to the PL. Laughing

Not the best position to criticize English Football no matter how ugly it is

hmmm. Ajax outplayed your champions last season both home and away in the champions league. The Eredivisie suffers because there is no money and all our talent are poached. We haven't won a world cup but our football is what has influenced teams such as your Milan side under Saachi, Barcelona and Bayern Munchen of late. Even Dortmund follow our methods. We left a legacy in both tactics, footballing principles and philosophy. We have had a bigger mark on footballs evolution than any other nation in the sport. I expected much better from you Arquitecto.

I am guessing the name change is a signal of a shift in your once great self. Only a matter of time before the negativity of Calcio ate away at your logic.

Diego Armando Maradona wrote:Because some genius revolutionised the English game with the ethos that getting as close to the goal as quickly as possible = most chance of success. This is certainly not how the English invented the game as someone suggested

Hmmm. The coahces in England are terrible. It is no wonder that the top 4 clubs are never coached by any English managers. The period of 'English Domination' ironically was caused by importing foreign talent due to the explosion of money and tactical revolutions caused by Rafael Benitez, Arsene Wenger and the one who must not be named. I know about Herbert Chapman's influence on this sport and I am sure he is rolling in his grave at the state of football in his country. Luckily, Mr Wenger is still following his methods. I applaud him and I truly hope trophies come soon.

Have to agree with clockwork orange, the points made from the other posters are just cringeworthy.
Grooverider
Grooverider
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Badger Thu May 30, 2013 11:41 am

They're not terrible, just overrated.

Sky and co. have hyped the Premier League up for years as being the best league in the world and as a result the England national team too.

The_Badger
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Thu May 30, 2013 11:45 am

AbraKebabra Alacalamb wrote:Still more world cups than the Netherlands tbf.
The one England got was through cheating, though.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Thu May 30, 2013 11:47 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Coaching is awful, there's more to it than that but our coaches from top to bottom are horrendous.

I actually agree with this. I remember McClarens stint at Wolfsburg. His solution to every single one of his god-awful tactical mistakes was SPEND MOAR MONEYS.

They should all eat a slice of humble pie and go learn from Wenger. Yes, he doesn't win squat, but so do all other managers. At least Wenger works on a budget. English football has forgotten how to do things effectively, because they can just throw money at everything. How can relegation fodder like QPR buy half the continent? It's utterly retarded.

England need an influx of foreign coaches to instill some principles. And I don't meen Capello or Trap - I mean modern coaches. You know. Bielsa, Pep, Dutt, Rangnick, Klopp, people with a vision. F*ck me, even Louis van Gaal would help English football ATM.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Thu May 30, 2013 12:00 pm

No 1 is their Youth system , it sucks.

The reserve league that is being played for absolutely nothing is the worst thing that can ever happen to young players. In Spain and Germany youth teams are put in competitive lower leagues. The Castilla,Barca B,Bayern B,Celtavigo B ,Seville B all are professional teams on that regard. They compete for promotion and are coached by actual professional managers and coaches. They are motivated to play in this set up.

While in england the reserve league is not a fixed team,no manager,no fixed position for players and most importantly played for absolutely nothing,players arent motivated to play in it.U-21 league doesnt really motivates the players either. I cringe when Chelsea and City buy best payers of great academy of Belgium,Netherlands etc only to put them in reserve league/U-21 league...they are simply ruining them by doing it.

The no.2 is obviously tactics,which is obviously reflection of the national league played in the country.

By watching lower division games of La liga it is clear that from top to bottom teams have a similar style...im going to assume the championship and other lower divisions are tactically similar to EPL...

To be fair EPL is tactically shet obviously the lower leagues were i assume young players are playing arent going to be that good tactically. Like some one said who ever invented that football is about how fast taking the ball to opposition box should be hanged lol.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Thu May 30, 2013 12:15 pm

You guys are so boring.

You know f**k all about English football yet you all know the solution as usual, every bad result becomes a routine doom-mongering session and you wonder why players could care less about playing or the country.

The only glaring problem with English football at the moment is the lack of UEFA Pro-License coaches. I think Germany nearly triple our total amount. There hasn't been a great English manager since the late Bobby Charlton, even Scotland and Ireland have produced superior coaches than us.

There's no acceptable excuse for dinosaurs like Pardew, Roy, Arry etc to still be getting the jobs they do.

Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu May 30, 2013 12:17 pm

all you need to know are that managers like Mark Hughes and Alan Pardew are managers at well known EPL clubs... Hughes got hired at Everton today. Those two are the crappiest tacticians i have ever seen lol. Awful stuff.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Thu May 30, 2013 12:21 pm

What's this about English teams clubs shit football and kick/run? Another shitty stereotype.

There's really not that much of a difference between the football played in the Bundesliga and the PL.

Hell the Germans even play the long ball more than we do!
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Thu May 30, 2013 12:29 pm

Adit wrote:By watching lower division games of La liga
If ever there was a fate worse than death......
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Thu May 30, 2013 12:32 pm

Lex wrote:

Laughing Laughing Laughing
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Thu May 30, 2013 12:33 pm

Lex wrote:

Well that is were your Fabregas,Cazorla,Mata,Silva,Busquets,casillas,Iniesta,Messi etc played ,so it cant be that bad dont you think? Rolling Eyes

Better than watching scotty parker bullying kids in championship Laughing
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtremistEnigma Thu May 30, 2013 12:43 pm

I'm sorry but the quality of football displayed by teams in the La Liga except a selected few is cringeworthy.
ExtremistEnigma
ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Thu May 30, 2013 12:50 pm

The age of catenaccio and defensive football is over, now teams are expected to have 4 TQ'S and at least 3 B2B FB's
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Luis_Suarez123 Thu May 30, 2013 12:51 pm

Cause they have no national pride

Luis_Suarez123
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Thu May 30, 2013 12:52 pm

I think we should all follow the blueprint of Indian football Proud
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 Thu May 30, 2013 1:01 pm

English footy is at its best hoofball
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

https://www.youtube.com/user/juveman176

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Thu May 30, 2013 1:03 pm

I agree with Gil 100%. If England had decent coaches, all would be fine.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu May 30, 2013 1:07 pm

Madrid, Barca, Sevilla, Sociedad, Atletico, Bilbao, Betis, Valencia, Malaga... all play very positive, very attractive footy. The tactics are intricate, the players are very technical and the game flows.

Those who say La Liga teams play cringe-worthy football are completely talking out of their arse.

In fact, there's good quality football in Liga Adelante too.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by michaelnana Thu May 30, 2013 1:08 pm

I agree with the league structure. Especially due to the fact if the youth teams were involved in the league structure young players could stay in the same environment and play competitive football till their ready for the first team. I find it kind of puzzling when a team wants to get their young star ready and before he's 21, he's been loaned out to 10 different clubs in 5 years.

Anyway, maybe better coaches would be a solution as well?

michaelnana
Prospect
Prospect

http://www.reflap.com/michael

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu May 30, 2013 1:15 pm

philosophy and coaching are both major issues. Bundi and German football was very pragmatic and boring... and then they decided to reinvent themselves. France requires that all the managers get an accreditation and there is definitely a philosophy of play that is taught during those courses. Spain has a philosophy that has been adopted at all levels of its football too. Etc.

For England to change, it has to adopt a different philosophy at the earliest of youth levels, keep it consistent for the most part from level to level and then wait a generation for it to dig in. This is for both players and managers. It won't happen overnight though.

In the meantime, England NT should use foreign managers while it waits.

Just my opinion.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Thu May 30, 2013 1:24 pm

I just wish I'd kept count the amount of times everyone in chat yelled HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOF whenever Madrid played last season. Safe to say, the figures wouldwell be into double digits
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu May 30, 2013 1:25 pm

Gil calling Bobby Robson...... Charlton Mad

thats a cardinal sin brah.

He's right about the coaches thing though and i have said as much repeatedly but i don't see that changing any time soon sadly.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu May 30, 2013 1:45 pm

Lex wrote:I just wish I'd kept count the amount of times everyone in chat yelled HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOF whenever Madrid played last season. Safe to say, the figures wouldwell be into double digits
Mou is a EPL coach and most fans hated his tactics. That's one of the main reasons he wanted to go back to the EPL so bad... his tactics are respected and appreciated there. In Spain, the Madrid games were like watching an abortion most times.

That said, Madrid has exceptionally technical players. So even if your basic tactic is to be super direct no matter what, you will still have players who can make beautiful plays.

Bottom line, you're not insulting any of us by saying we looked mostly like shat in our style under Mou... we know Laughing
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Thu May 30, 2013 1:46 pm

Sports madrid play awful football ffs. Bilbao played like thugs before Bielsa and hoofed a lot. fml what am i reading in here. madrid? Positive football.

rofl

Sit back and counter. They play EPL football ffs.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next