Why are the English terrible at football?

+34
michaelnana
Abramovich
Luis_Suarez123
Kaladin
ExtremistEnigma
Gil
Adit
VivaStPauli
The_Badger
Grooverider
Fuchsteufelswild
LuckAndWin
RED
timzink
Pedram
Lupi
VendettaRed07
RealGunner
Jay29
BarrileteCosmico
Lex
Suarez99
DuringTheWar
Arquitecto
Juveman17
sportsczy
Casciavit
Rebaño Sagrado
free_cat
Tomwin Lannister
jibers
izzy
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Clockwork Orange
38 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Why are  the English terrible at football? Empty Why are the English terrible at football?

Post by Clockwork Orange Wed May 29, 2013 5:25 pm

I decided to watch the England game with my friend. I could not stomach it and didn't tune in after half time. How can a country, responsible for giving us our treasured sport (its modern iteration) be so bad at it.

Awful at passing, bad at positional play, very awful transitions, it was disgraceful. English football is at least 30 years behind the continent. Ajax disgraced the second best team both at home and away. Your league is finished.

Can someones please give me a plausible explanation? I am dumbfounded. I sat there feeling ashamed for English football.
Clockwork Orange
Clockwork Orange
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : wisla krakow

Back to top Go down

Why are  the English terrible at football? Empty Re: Why are the English terrible at football?

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed May 29, 2013 5:27 pm

Coaching is awful, there's more to it than that but our coaches from top to bottom are horrendous.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Why are  the English terrible at football? Empty Re: Why are the English terrible at football?

Post by izzy Wed May 29, 2013 5:27 pm

Your agenda to hate everything English is boring.

Do something else.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Wed May 29, 2013 5:28 pm

Why are  the English terrible at football? Url?sa=i&source=images&cd=&docid=VS1ln7RVG7yeWM&tbnid=6Klof2IAuV9aiM:&ved=0CAUQjBwwAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fi852.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fab81%2Fffilou6%2Fom_nom_nom_chicken
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Wed May 29, 2013 5:28 pm

Still more world cups than the Netherlands tbf.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Wed May 29, 2013 5:28 pm

Inventors always fall behind eventually.
Others copy and improve while inventors stick to the origins. It happens in many fields, technology, arts..
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebaño Sagrado Wed May 29, 2013 5:29 pm

https://2img.net/h/oi43.tinypic.com/1ekk5x.jpg
Rebaño Sagrado
Rebaño Sagrado
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Wed May 29, 2013 5:33 pm

Rebaño Sagrado wrote:https://2img.net/h/oi43.tinypic.com/1ekk5x.jpg

rofl
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Wed May 29, 2013 5:36 pm

lol

Why are  the English terrible at football? TAhGL

Last edited by jibers on Wed May 29, 2013 5:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed May 29, 2013 5:37 pm

izzy wrote:Your agenda to hate everything English is boring.

Do something else.

Tbf he's absolutely spot on.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed May 29, 2013 5:40 pm

wrong manager. There's enough talent to do a lot better in terms of quality of football.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 Wed May 29, 2013 5:40 pm

This is my thread :bow:
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

https://www.youtube.com/user/juveman176

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed May 29, 2013 5:44 pm

sportsczy wrote:wrong manager. There's enough talent to do a lot better in terms of quality of football.

Problem is there isn't a quality English coach alive lol.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Wed May 29, 2013 5:49 pm

Pardew says hello Mole Very Happy
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Wed May 29, 2013 5:49 pm

Dutch speaking of terrible football when they haven't won a World Cup compared to England and have a 2nd rate league compared to the PL. Laughing

Not the best position to criticize English Football no matter how ugly it is.

Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by DuringTheWar Wed May 29, 2013 5:49 pm

Because some genius revolutionised the English game with the ethos that getting as close to the goal as quickly as possible = most chance of success. This is certainly not how the English invented the game as someone suggested
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Suarez99 Wed May 29, 2013 5:50 pm

Wouldnt say the league is "finished". No matter how bad of footballers you produce, and England do, you can buy success for your country through your league. England is the best example of this.

Have not made an International final since '66 yet club success is almost unmatched.
Suarez99
Suarez99
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed May 29, 2013 5:51 pm

Miguel Delaney ‏@MiguelDelaney 5m
Hodgson asked about formation/system and says he can't see how Dortmund's 4-4-2 is too different from England's 4-4-2.

:facepalm: says its f*cking all.

Arquitescu wrote:Dutch speaking of terrible football when they haven't won a World Cup compared to England and have a 2nd rate league compared to the PL. Laughing

No need for this Arq, its a good topic and irrelevant of who the poster is it should be discussed like anything else and he makes some good points.

I don't agree with the league part, but the national team itself is horrid.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by DuringTheWar Wed May 29, 2013 5:54 pm

Fabio Capello Proud aren't those pesky Italian managers just terrible Proud

DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Wed May 29, 2013 5:56 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Miguel Delaney ‏@MiguelDelaney 5m
Hodgson asked about formation/system and says he can't see how Dortmund's 4-4-2 is too different from England's 4-4-2.

:facepalm: says its f*cking all.

Arquitescu wrote:Dutch speaking of terrible football when they haven't won a World Cup compared to England and have a 2nd rate league compared to the PL. Laughing

No need for this Arq, its a good topic and irrelevant of who the poster is it should be discussed like anything else and he makes some good points.

I don't agree with the league part, but the national team itself is horrid.

In that respect I apologize yet I'm surprised you haven't seen the malicious intent behind the poster who spends his time on this forum:

-Speaking of Juventus & Italian cheating
-Mediocrity of English Football
-Preaching how the Dutch football way is to go despite it being brainless, outdated and obsolete.

The problem is obvious. Its their youth training that in their nascents stages, focuses on physical traits and height over technique and footballing IQ etc with the stubborn conviction that comes along with it.

Its common knowledge now so I don't buy his obliviousness to it.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Wed May 29, 2013 6:00 pm

England schooled Brazil not so long ago, if I'm not mistaken. Made Nerman look like Gareth Barry :coffee:
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed May 29, 2013 6:01 pm

Meh everyone does it, i don't really care anymore.

Go into every thread with an open mind, malicious intent or not.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Wed May 29, 2013 6:01 pm

Mole's lifting technique is sub-par

How's that for malicious :coffee:
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Clockwork Orange Wed May 29, 2013 6:03 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Coaching is awful, there's more to it than that but our coaches from top to bottom are horrendous.

Why is it so bad Great Leader? As usual your knowledge on such matters comes to the forefront in such debates. You continue to illuminate this forum whos light is slowly but surely fading away.
izzy wrote:Your agenda to hate everything English is boring.

Do something else.

How? Is it because I am saying my hypothesis based on my observation? Why does this get you so much?
jibers wrote:

As usual you add nothing substantial to any debate. You are a mafiosos like your club Manchester United and relish the chance at watching that man Moyes sink your club to nothingness
AbraKebabra Alacalamb wrote:Still more world cups than the Netherlands tbf.

I don't see how this is relevant. Then again I expect little from a Juventino. I am sure you are doping in your room as you typed this post. A dog mirrors its master.

hmmm. Ajax outplayed your champions last season both home and away in the champions league. The Eredivisie suffers because there is no money and all our talent are poached. We haven't won a world cup but our football is what has influenced teams such as your Milan side under Saachi, Barcelona and Bayern Munchen of late. Even Dortmund follow our methods. We left a legacy in both tactics, footballing principles and philosophy. We have had a bigger mark on footballs evolution than any other nation in the sport. I expected much better from you Arquitecto.

I am guessing the name change is a signal of a shift in your once great self. Only a matter of time before the negativity of Calcio ate away at your logic.

Diego Armando Maradona wrote:Because some genius revolutionised the English game with the ethos that getting as close to the goal as quickly as possible = most chance of success. This is certainly not how the English invented the game as someone suggested

Hmmm. The coahces in England are terrible. It is no wonder that the top 4 clubs are never coached by any English managers. The period of 'English Domination' ironically was caused by importing foreign talent due to the explosion of money and tactical revolutions caused by Rafael Benitez, Arsene Wenger and the one who must not be named. I know about Herbert Chapman's influence on this sport and I am sure he is rolling in his grave at the state of football in his country. Luckily, Mr Wenger is still following his methods. I applaud him and I truly hope trophies come soon.
Clockwork Orange
Clockwork Orange
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : wisla krakow

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed May 29, 2013 6:03 pm

Well, tbf, England shouldn't have a WC and they've only gone past semi finals 2 times in history, compared to the dutch reaching 3 finals and getting to semis 4 times.

Spoiler:

Last edited by BarrileteCosmico on Wed May 29, 2013 6:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next