ExtremistEnigma
sportsczy
Lex
Kick
iftikhar
18 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Chelsea, City, PSG and now Monaco!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Chelsea, City, PSG and now Monaco!!!

Post by RealGunner Fri May 24, 2013 4:56 pm

Because UEFA don't share the same views as the fans. They are running a business themselves.

RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Chelsea, City, PSG and now Monaco!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Chelsea, City, PSG and now Monaco!!!

Post by sportsczy Fri May 24, 2013 4:59 pm

Juve and AC Milan were sugar daddy spender starting in the 80s with Agnelli and Berlusconi.... Madrid have always spent big. OM did as well in the early 90s when they won CL and went to a CL final also in a 3 year span.

This is not a new thing lol.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by che Fri May 24, 2013 5:01 pm

kiranr wrote:

I don't have a problem with club owners wanting to spend money and trying to achieve instant success.

well i do

Otherwise, it takes effort to win even after buying the best players. You think playing a bunch of world class players together will get you success without the hard work that is needed? Sure they have the advantage when compared to other clubs that do not have the money, but they still need to compete with the best to win. And the best is always loaded with money.

it takes substantially less effort, but that's not the point, i'm not arguing for some kind of a moral high ground where you're only good if you do well in shit conditions, point is that certain teams are getting an unfair advantage over others based on absolutely no merit whatsoever
che
che
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Benfica

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Fri May 24, 2013 5:15 pm

che wrote:
kiranr wrote:

I don't have a problem with club owners wanting to spend money and trying to achieve instant success.

well i do

Otherwise, it takes effort to win even after buying the best players. You think playing a bunch of world class players together will get you success without the hard work that is needed? Sure they have the advantage when compared to other clubs that do not have the money, but they still need to compete with the best to win. And the best is always loaded with money.

it takes substantially less effort, but that's not the point, i'm not arguing for some kind of a moral high ground where you're only good if you do well in shit conditions, point is that certain teams are getting an unfair advantage over others based on absolutely no merit whatsoever

I get where you are coming from. They have not worked for the money that they are getting to spend. But this is, literally, the world we live in. There is a huge role for luck in our lives. Aren't you lucky that you were born in Europe as compared to someone born in Africa? Some are born in rich families and have the freedom to pursue what they want, while others are born in middle class and have to slave for the rest of their lives even if the ones in the latter are probably more deserving based on merit. These clubs were lucky to be selected by their owners. There is no point resenting it in my opinion.
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by che Fri May 24, 2013 5:28 pm

kiranr wrote:
Aren't you lucky that you were born in Europe as compared to someone born in Africa?

i am, but i don't go to rwanda and challenge the locals to a life expectancy contest

There is no point resenting it in my opinion.

of course you're going to say that, because your club will never be in a position where it's in danger of having its players bought or position threatened by one of the "newly rich" ones... same goes for all the madrid fans in this thread, you're never going to experience what it's like when a suddenly rich village club takes your best young player and there's *bleep* all you can do about it because their owner can wave around wads of cash

go talk to people who support midtable teams, see what they have to say about shit like this
che
che
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Benfica

Back to top Go down

Post by Lupi Fri May 24, 2013 5:33 pm

smoking Business of football is not appealing , more disgusting however some might enjoy it but i did i wouldn't be here there are better forums about finance , i prefer To see football as a sport
Lupi
Lupi
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by zizzle Fri May 24, 2013 5:35 pm

kiranr wrote:
If spending is so bad, why isn't anyone trying to impose spending limits on clubs and bring everyone on a level playing field?

UEFA cant really do much, they have to follow the EU rules and there's nothing illegal about owners pumping millions into their businesses in the hopes to recoup it later.
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri May 24, 2013 5:40 pm

That's because you personally wish/want Valencia to contend for a title again. At OM right now and for the foreseeable future, we fans don't expect that we will win L1 or contend for CL. How do we get our joy? To see our youth players or club legends develop and become superstars even it's not with us. I actually loved to watch Chelsea for a while because of Drogba.

That's how i got into Madrid btw. I was a teammate of Zidane with AS Cannes youth team in the mid 80s. After i went to the US, i followed him and other around as they went up.

How did i get into Juve? i idolized Platini as a kid starting when he was at St Etienne.

Arsenal? Wenger's first assistant manager job was at Cannes and i met him. Other Cannes youth players like Vieira and Clichy ended up at Arsenal.

OM? I grew up in Provence and games weren't on TV much. I was only able to watch games by going to them. I ended going to a lot of OM games.

PSG? Because L1 would be in bakruptcy without them and it kills me that our league had deteriorated so much. It's not love obviously... it's just appreciation for saving the game in my country.

Etc.

Everyone views footy differently as a fan. I support clubs for various reasons... most of it has to do with people or something that triggers my passion. But the two clubs close to my heart are AS Cannes and OM. Cannes is in 4th division and we all know OM.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Fri May 24, 2013 5:45 pm

che wrote:
kiranr wrote:
Aren't you lucky that you were born in Europe as compared to someone born in Africa?

i am, but i don't go to rwanda and challenge the locals to a life expectancy contest

rofl rofl rofl brilliant
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Fri May 24, 2013 5:48 pm

che wrote:
kiranr wrote:

But the oil barons are not challenging the mid table teams right? They are challenging the ones that are already better than their current club.

che wrote:
kiranr wrote:
There is no point resenting it in my opinion.

of course you're going to say that, because your club will never be in a position where it's in danger of having its players bought or position threatened by one of the "newly rich" ones... same goes for all the madrid fans in this thread, you're never going to experience what it's like when a suddenly rich village club takes your best young player and there's *bleep* all you can do about it because their owner can wave around wads of cash

go talk to people who support midtable teams, see what they have to say about shit like this

As i said earlier, i can imagine how it feels and i can honestly say that if tomorrow Barcelona find itself in a position where newly rich clubs come and poach the best talent away, i am not going to resent it. Because i will accept the reality for what it is and enjoy watching Barca play.
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Fri May 24, 2013 7:38 pm

Again, it's not the spending but the AMOUNT being spent. All teams needs to spend to keep their squad strong and a weaker team has to spend more to step-up.

But why spend €200 million on five players when you can have same (give or take) results with half the amount!!!

You people watch & follow football way more than I do. Take five minutes and name five players valued €20-25 million who can take Monaco to CL next year.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri May 24, 2013 7:44 pm

rofl Che, you are my hero sir :bow:
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by chinomaster182 Fri May 24, 2013 7:56 pm

iftikhar wrote:Again, it's not the spending but the AMOUNT being spent. All teams needs to spend to keep their squad strong and a weaker team has to spend more to step-up.

But why spend €200 million on five players when you can have same (give or take) results with half the amount!!!

You people watch & follow football way more than I do. Take five minutes and name five players valued €20-25 million who can take Monaco to CL next year.

Because you misunderstand the point of the spending in the first place. The Qatar Billionaires didn't go in and pump ungodly amounts of money in just to win League 1.

They want to win League 1 AND the Champions League AND do it with star players AND raise their profile internationally AND do something awesome they can rub into their other Billionaire friends noses.

Thats why guys like the Qatar owners, Abramovich, Sheik Mansour and Co didn't just buy some good local talent and call it a day... They're not really hardcore football fans that care about nurturing a young awesome team full of promising talent. They want the immediate success AND the glitz and glamour that comes with it. Thats also the reason PSG bought Beckham even though he's old and maybe more a hindrance than anything, he comes with a huge amount of glamour and instant fame attached.
chinomaster182
chinomaster182
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by 1991 Fri May 24, 2013 8:17 pm

Monaco is such a crap club. Average attendance of like 4,000 with blue square league ticket prices Laughing

Last edited by 1991 on Sat May 25, 2013 10:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Kamikaze692 Fri May 24, 2013 9:58 pm

chinomaster182 wrote:
iftikhar wrote:Again, it's not the spending but the AMOUNT being spent. All teams needs to spend to keep their squad strong and a weaker team has to spend more to step-up.

Because you misunderstand the point of the spending in the first place. The Qatar Billionaires didn't go in and pump ungodly amounts of money in just to win League 1.

They want to win League 1 AND the Champions League AND do it with star players AND raise their profile internationally AND do something awesome they can rub into their other Billionaire friends noses.

Thats why guys like the Qatar owners, Abramovich, Sheik Mansour and Co didn't just buy some good local talent and call it a day... They're not really hardcore football fans that care about nurturing a young awesome team full of promising talent. They want the immediate success AND the glitz and glamour that comes with it. Thats also the reason PSG bought Beckham even though he's old and maybe more a hindrance than anything, he comes with a huge amount of glamour and instant fame attached.

Your point about Man City owner Sheikh not caring about youth development is false. Man City have invested close to $100 mil on a new Youth facility called as the Etihad Campus. They claim that once functional, within 2 years, they will have one of the best youth set ups in the world. This is also the reason why they have placed Txiki Begiristain incharge, as they seek to emulate La Masia in the long run.
Kamikaze692
Kamikaze692
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2