Monaco's Project: PSG/City way or Anzhi/Malaga way ?!

+18
Doc
Eivindo
Art Morte
Hapless_Hans
cyberman
Forza
teamanarchy
Footyfan
Abramovich
sportsczy
S
Blue Barrett
BarrileteCosmico
Mr Nick09
Robespierre
Tomwin Lannister
Donuts
DeletedUser#1
22 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Monaco's Project: PSG/City way or Anzhi/Malaga way ?! Empty Monaco's Project: PSG/City way or Anzhi/Malaga way ?!

Post by DeletedUser#1 Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:03 am

I was thinking the other day, I can see project Monaco collapsing pretty soon.

It's simply unsustainable.....they won't be able to dominate their own league due to PSG being their boss, and with such a small stadium, and with FFP kicking in, they simply won't generate enough revenue or win enough trophies to truly establish themselves as a top team like PSG/City have done.

Reckon they'll end up like Anzhi/Malaga, abandoned in the next 2 years and back to obscurity. They have a lot more in common with those clubs....

Anyone else agrees ?

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Monaco's Project: PSG/City way or Anzhi/Malaga way ?! Empty Re: Monaco's Project: PSG/City way or Anzhi/Malaga way ?!

Post by Donuts Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:04 am

Well Monaco is going to make profit from james so it's not completely impossible.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Monaco's Project: PSG/City way or Anzhi/Malaga way ?! Empty Re: Monaco's Project: PSG/City way or Anzhi/Malaga way ?!

Post by Tomwin Lannister Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:04 am

I reckon they'll finish in the middle ground, they probably won't collapse into oblivion but I highly doubt they'll be a mega team any time soon

Top 2 finish every season, regular CL football and decent pulling power. Not bad at all if they can keep it up which in reality they should as clubs not named PSG in L1 haven't got 1/50th of their resources.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:12 am

Hardly great players fall in love for Ligue One. You can convince a great player as Falcao to accept , but then he will understand soon to not have done a good choice and he ' ll urge  to change for another top Spanish or English club . So Monaco risks to not emerge fully imo

Anzhi was a failure not so difficult to imagine , not only Russia ... but Daghestan
Basically Anzhi will be famous only to have been the club who took away Eto'o from Inter . Damned

So I think magnates basically will work only in EPL
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:31 am

well honestly i see France as the third best place for players to go now, it surpassed Italy with the money they give players, and many people would love to live in france.
seems to attract all the wives and families.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:38 am

i made a post in another thread about this. Monaco are not going the PSG way. they have taken that decision and that's what filtering through the press in france already. they want good players, but they also want to build something long term as opposed to going all bazooka like PSG and getting the biggest names out there. I dont know if Rybo will abandon the team, but they are already structuring things so that they are sustainable long term.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Jul 21, 2014 1:28 am

Malaga failed because they had a fake sheikh.

Anzhi failed because no one actually wanted to live in Anzhi. They lived in Moscow, practiced there and flew in to games.

I think it's more likely they go the Chelsea way.

Also whatever money they lose on stadium attendance they more than make up in not having to pay any income tax. They've also shown to be shrewd in business as they're selling James for a 100% profit in just 2 years.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:49 am

Robespierre wrote:Hardly great players fall in love for Ligue One. You can convince a great player as Falcao to accept , but then he will understand soon to not have done a good choice and he ' ll urge  to change for another top Spanish or English club . So Monaco risks to not emerge fully imo

Anzhi was a failure not so difficult to imagine , not only Russia ... but Daghestan
Basically Anzhi will be famous only to have been the club who took away Eto'o from Inter . Damned

So I think magnates basically will work only in EPL

Just to chime in here, Falcao actually had no choice in that transfer due to 3rd party owners. If it were up to him, I'm sure he would have prefered a move to Chelsea at the time.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by S Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:55 am

Donuts wrote:well honestly i see France as the third best place for players to go now, it surpassed Italy with the money they give players, and many people would love to live in france.
seems to attract all the wives and families.

If you are strictly talking about Latin Americans then maybe yes,otherwise not at all.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:10 am

Monaco are using the Porto model but with much more means.

Rybo is going nowhere.  His whole family lives in Monaco and both his daughters are executives at the club.  He spends most of his time running the team.  Football is a passion for him.

ligue is surpassing Serie A quickly.  PSG and Monaco forced OM to hire a Bielsa to stay competitive and they're buying....  Manquilla and a player from Sevilla are coming our way.  Lyon is VERY talented with young players.  Lille and st etienne will always be tough.

PSG is on top....  but it won't be easy.  Monaco, OM, Lyon, St Etienne and Lille are all talented and tough.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:16 am

I have to say, Seria A really has been in decline for a while now.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by S Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:32 am

Ugh.What was the need to bring up Serie A ? I was clearly talking about Germany.Aside from Spain and England,Germany is a very attractive destination for footballers nowadays despite not having EPL-esque money.Bundesliga is leagues ahead of Ligue 1,its not debatable.

As for Ligue 1 being on the rise,thats another different argument altogether,its very debatable anyway especially when you include poverty teams like OM and OL to suggest that the league as a whole is rising. :coffee:
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:37 am

If it was me I'd rather go to Serie A over Ligue 1 anyways.
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:47 am

Of course. Seria A is declining but its not below Ligue 1 just yet in terms of overall quality imo. And really, the main reason I think Ligue 1 has been sort of "on the rise" is PSG's rise. The top 3 leagues still have at least 2 very respectable teams in the CL every year too. Something Ligue 1 still lacks.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:23 am

in time Ligue 1 will rise, it has everything needed to succeed..

unlike Russia the players and their families actually wanna live there, marseille, paris, monaco all beautiful places
the money is great + champions league
and it doesn't lack football history, the league has a great following and dedicated fans.

so long as they keep stealing the talent away from Seria A they will be more then fine
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:34 am

OM makes Juve look like Bari right now Laughing Serie A has no elite teams.... NONE. Ligue 1 has PSG. After that, you have a bunch of second tier teams with Juve, Napoli and Roma. That's it... the rest are average. Ligue 1 has Monaco, OM, Lyon and Lille that are all very competitive. ONLY reason Lyon has taken it easy in the transfer market is that their new stadium is getting finished and it is entirely financed by Aulas. But they have really good young players like Lacazette, Gonalons, Umtiti, Ferri, Plea, etc. Fournier is a very capable manager too. I think they surprise a lot of people...

Serie A has the prestige of its past that holds a romantic flavor to it. But in terms of youth player development, attractiveness to South America and African players, and long term prospects, Ligue 1 is moving up and fast.

As i've said the past 2 years... PSG and Monaco have raised the bar and the other top tier teams have upped their game because they need to be competitive.

Jardim and Bielsa play very attacking footy to boot + PSG play attacking + Fournier attacked at Reims too. The only defensive teams on top are Lille and St Etienne.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by S Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:50 am

Olympique Marseille,20+ losses last year.6 out of 6 losses in the CL.Dat Bari-esque feat Proud

Comparing them to EL winners Sevilla is an insult to the great Andalucian club ffs.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:53 am

well to be fair juve hasn't done there best either in the champions league.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Footyfan Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:54 am

While I do think Seria A is no longer as big as it used to be, the given comparison is still poor. The user has shown to make ridiculous biased and illogical statements so it should not be surprise.

Roma and Juventus are at present as good as PSG after Roma's recent transfer market activity. Monaco and Napoli are IMO close by.

Then you have scrubs like Lille,etc with other Italian teams.

If Roma and Lille are in the same bracket then Benzema is also an elite forward like some ridiculous biased illogical poster wants to make us thing.

Footyfan
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by S Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:01 am

Donuts wrote:well to be fair juve hasn't done there best either in the champions league.

Well to be fair,Barca won zilch last year and who are Chivas ? I've never heard of them.

Now jog on.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:08 am

Roma and Juve as good as PSG???? WTF???? Laughing
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:10 am

S wrote:
Donuts wrote:well to be fair juve hasn't done there best either in the champions league.

Well to be fair,Barca won zilch last year and who are Chivas ? I've never heard of them.

Now jog on.
Juve haven't done well in Europe since... when's the last time Juve were relevant at all? Laughing I don't even remember.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by S Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:14 am

When's the last time PSG ever won a European trophy ? I mean a major one not the poverty ones.Right,what do they know about history and prestige,that tiny little club from Paris. Proud

Wouldnt even go into OM's detail,its just too sad rofl
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:40 am

Let's talk about today... Silva, Ibra, Cavani, Lavezzi, Verratti, etc. and back-to-back CL quarters.

Juve... coach left, everyone for sale, Morata as the prize signing, etc. Laughing

Juve really acting like a top team.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:41 am

Berbatov last night in friendly in Columbia:

sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next