djfawnz
RealGunner
Zealous
BarrileteCosmico
Ganso
115 posters

Page 22 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Confederations Cup thread  - Page 22 Empty Re: The Official Confederations Cup thread

Post by futbol Sun 23 Jun 2013, 01:51

RealGunner wrote:Team doctor Enrico Castellacci has confirmed Ignazio Abate's tournament is over, dislocated shoulder.

You simply don't mess with Norman. Showing some grid and steel against DEM thug Italian defenders. Norman. Proud

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

The Official Confederations Cup thread  - Page 22 Empty Re: The Official Confederations Cup thread

Post by FennecFox7 Sun 23 Jun 2013, 02:05

stevieg8 wrote:
timzink wrote:
stevieg8 wrote:Drogba scored 60 goals in 95 caps for Cote D'ivoire.  Not sure how missing a crucial penalty in one game makes him equivalent to Cavani.

Same Drogba that failed an Afcon cup with the best team in Africa . While Cavani won the Copa with Uruguay . I also think his contribution to Suarez and Forlans performances is being underestimated . Anyone who watched him at the 2010 world cup knows he can very well for his national team . He's just going through a bad period

I'm not a big fan of using team results to judge individual players, since so many factors come into play.  I didn't watch that Afcon, so I can't comment on Drogba's performances, but Cavani winning the Copa with Uruguay means squat.  Unless you're forgetting, he shared that team with the competition's best player (Suarez) and best young player (Coates in defense), not to mention a pretty stacked team otherwise (Forlan and Pereira both had 2 goals as well).  Cavani scored a grand total of NOTHING and didn't even start in the final.  So probably not the best tournament to single out for his national team performances.

Don't listen to him Laughing

Ivory Coast best team in africa? Laughing Their players have zero chemistry and work rate on the field.

At that time, egypt, morroco, and nigeria were all better teams easily
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Sun 23 Jun 2013, 02:07

After 10 games the goal average is a modest 4.7 per game. I think it's now fair to say that this tournament is the worst tournament, by huge freaking distances, of the big four?
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Sun 23 Jun 2013, 02:09

You're saying the more goals, the worse the games are? :facepalm: It's the complete opposite

I think its because your boy messi isn't there
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Sun 23 Jun 2013, 02:35

Giggity5313 wrote:You're saying the more goals, the worse the games are? :facepalm: It's the complete opposite

I think its because your boy messi isn't there

Thumbs upThumbs up yup

really this tournament has been exceptional for the common bystander.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Lupi Sun 23 Jun 2013, 02:39

two offside goals for Brazil and 1 probable penalty that referee missed for Italy , why am i getting the impression that 2014 world cup gonna end up like 2002 , and Spain again , here the game for y'all preview

commentator : xavi-piquie -xavi-pique-xavi-Pique and repeat that causally for 90 minute
Lupi
Lupi
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Sun 23 Jun 2013, 02:45

Epoto wrote:two offside goals and 1 probable penalty that referee missed against Italy , why am i getting the impression that 2014 world cup gonna end up like 2002
Yeah, almost forget looking at the hilarious goal averages, how freaking awful the refereeing was. I mean we are in Brazil, and we are advertising World Cup in Brazil and Brazilian football, but holy hell that's some transparent shit.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Catracho Sun 23 Jun 2013, 03:17

Giggity5313 wrote:

Ivory Coast best team in africa? :lol:Their players have zero chemistry and work rate on the field.

CIV right now?
Catracho
Catracho
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Dortmund

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 23 Jun 2013, 05:04

Epoto wrote:two offside goals  for Brazil and 1 probable penalty that referee missed for Italy , why am i getting the impression that 2014 world cup gonna end up like 2002 , and Spain again , here the game for y'all preview  

commentator : xavi-piquie -xavi-pique-xavi-Pique and repeat that causally for 90 minute

No mention of the gifted goal for Italy after the whistle blew....well here's an impartial gentleman:coffee:

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Sun 23 Jun 2013, 05:18

Catracho wrote:
Giggity5313 wrote:

Ivory Coast best team in africa? :lol:Their players have zero chemistry and work rate on the field.

CIV right now?

I meant during that time.

I haven't really seen much of them lately, but we tied them in afcon so
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Sun 23 Jun 2013, 05:20

Some of you guys are pathetic.
Enjoy the games while it lasts. How many international competitive games are as open and goal-rich as these?

I've loved this tournament personally and the teams have played attractive football. No parking the bus bs you see everyday with some teams. It's been great

Spain are playing beautiful football for once ffs. They actually go for the goal.. poor final balls and bad decision making in the final third are hurting them more then anything
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 Sun 23 Jun 2013, 05:38

RealGunner wrote:Team doctor Enrico Castellacci has confirmed Ignazio Abate's tournament is over, dislocated shoulder.

*bleep* Neymar that little shit thinks he can just do whatever he wants. I hope the little Prima Donna get's smashed if Spain play Brazil.
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

https://www.youtube.com/user/juveman176

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 Sun 23 Jun 2013, 05:40

Betty La Fea wrote:
Epoto wrote:two offside goals  for Brazil and 1 probable penalty that referee missed for Italy , why am i getting the impression that 2014 world cup gonna end up like 2002 , and Spain again , here the game for y'all preview  

No mention of the gifted goal for Italy after the whistle blew....well here's an impartial gentleman☕

Not to mention the fact that the penalty given would have been scored by Balotelli anyways Laughing
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 23 Jun 2013, 05:58

juveman17 wrote:
Betty La Fea wrote:

No mention of the gifted goal for Italy after the whistle blew....well here's an impartial gentleman☕

Not to mention the fact that the penalty given would have been scored by Balotelli anyways Laughing

I dunno. The chicharo missed a penalty today....the pressure might have been too much for his shoulders lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 Sun 23 Jun 2013, 06:11

Betty La Fea wrote:
juveman17 wrote:
Betty La Fea wrote:

I dunno. The chicharo missed a penalty today....the pressure might have been too much for his shoulders lol

Hasn't missed one penalty in his life......
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by baresi Sun 23 Jun 2013, 07:14

juveman17 wrote:
Betty La Fea wrote:
juveman17 wrote:

Hasn't missed one penalty in his life......
Every single player didnt míss a penalty before they eventually miss one...

Very bad first half from Italy, Brazil could have ended the game in the first 5 mins Very Happy, Scolari relied on the two goals difference also helped Italy alot. I would blame Buffon much more than the ref..
baresi
baresi
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by baresi Sun 23 Jun 2013, 07:21

juventus101 wrote:Buffon was very very bad today, but I blame the loss solely on Prandelli. This switching formations crape has got to go. We need to stick to the Juve formula. Just play a damnable 3-5-2 already and we would play much better. All the Juve players know this formation. Besides the Juve players Maggio and arguably Balotelli would also play better in this formation. We would be able to play El Shaarawy and Balotelli together perfectly, we would be able to play Bonucci, Chiellini, and Barzagli all together and not rely on Abate, a converted winger, or Maggio, a wingback who is not used to a 4-man backline, to cover Neynar practically alone. We've seen how well it works with Juventus and Italy in the Euro Group Stages. No reason not to play it. If Prandelli continues to be ignorant, he has to go.
Oh good god :facepalm:
baresi
baresi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Catracho Sun 23 Jun 2013, 07:42

Giggity5313 wrote:
Catracho wrote:
Giggity5313 wrote:

CIV right now?

I meant during that time.

I haven't really seen much of them lately, but we tied them in afcon so

I'll put it in perspective for you lol

Cote d'Ivoire have not lost a qualification game for either the World Cup or Nations Cup in 30 games. The last loss they had was September 4th 2005 against Cameroon.

Pure domination.
Catracho
Catracho
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Dortmund

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sun 23 Jun 2013, 09:55

Absolutely loving the butthurt from Rubeman17.

Fred murdering Chiellini rofl Chiellini and Barzagli better than overrated Thiago Silva rofl Neymar flops against big teams, smashes it into the top corner rofl
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sun 23 Jun 2013, 10:11

We were always set up for the loss, Italy's 2 most vital midfielders gone, a system unfamiliar to the players and a few players dont deserve to be on the teamsheet

Brazil deserved it anyways, congrats, maybe we'll see Brazil v Spain in the final hmm
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Sun 23 Jun 2013, 10:24

juveman17 wrote:

*bleep* Neymar that little shit thinks he can just do whatever he wants. I hope the little Prima Donna get's smashed if Spain play Brazil.

It wasn't Neymar's fault, I was obviously upset that Abate was injured, however it's going too far to suggest that Neymar had any malicious intent, it was the type of foul that is made countless times a game. A bad fall and an unfortunate incident, however this was a game played with a very unfriendly spirit and it's unfair to single out Neymar amongst all the players when it was a game constantly interrupted by cynical play from both teams. I agree that Neymar continued to get away with small offences over and over again, however the referee was consistent with his approach to the likes of Aquilani and Marchisio, so I can't complain as a fan.

Prandelli bought a horribly unbalanced side to the Confederations Cup and is paying the price as we are losing players at an alarming rate, which will either see us eliminated or suffering huge fatigue if we can continue in the tournament to the final. Hopefully we revert to the 3-5-2, however most importantly, I hope that we do not see players whose fitness is in doubt risked in games such as these. Pirlo and Montolivo should not be rushed back if our staff aren't certain that they are ready, similarly with any decision to play El Shaarawy from the start.

A very poor performance from Prandelli in the first half an hour in the way he sent the team out, however he managed the second half better especially considering his hands were tied after having had to waste two substitutions on early injuries. All credit to Brazil though, they stamped their authority on the match.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by juventus101 Sun 23 Jun 2013, 10:59

Why shouldn't Prandelli be sacked if he continues to experiment instead of using Proven tactics? Prandelli is a great coach and I actually like him, but hes being ignorant, starting with him single handedly costing us the Euro.

And it was actually Bonuccis man so if you watched you would see that Chiellini had to run up to get him and simply was not fast enough. And Chiellini did the correct thing. Covered the far post and Buffon shoulsve had an easy save at the near post. Fred just got an incredible shot away.

If anything, Silva was more at fault for Giaccherinis goal than Chiellini was for Fred's. It was the same situation, with Dante and Bonucci being caught out of position, but Chiellini actually tried to cover up and close him down, he just wasn't fast enough. Silva stood there like a headless chicken, trying to cover the cross when Giaccherini was running inwards towards the goal. Now THAT was just stupid.
juventus101
juventus101
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sun 23 Jun 2013, 11:12

Dafuq u Juve fans...

Giacherrini's goal was totally on Marcelo what oh earth are you smoking. Is Silva the flash? He was covering his side, of course he is supposed to do that. What If Gia passed there? This is not FIFA ffs. Thiago Silva>Chiellini and every defender in the world, period.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Sun 23 Jun 2013, 11:20

There is no way that Silva could possibly have made it over in time to put pressure on Giaccherini, he did what he was supposed to, prevented a simple ball into the centre being played in. Forcing Giaccherini to shoot on a difficult angle - something that would have resulted in him choking 4 times out of 5 - is far preferable to leaving a huge vacuum in the centre for a deep runner to take on Cesar from 10 yards out, directly in front.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Sun 23 Jun 2013, 12:26

M99 wrote:Dafuq u Juve fans...

Giacherrini's goal was totally on Marcelo what oh earth are you smoking. Is Silva the flash? He was covering his side, of course he is supposed to do that. What If Gia passed there? This is not FIFA ffs. Thiago Silva>Chiellini and every defender in the world, period.

"When the sun rises in the west and sets in the east , when Liverpool finishes first in the Premier League and Arsenal wins a final , when Zanetti plays his last game and Torres wins the golden boot , only then and not before Juventus101 will admit Thiago Silva is better than Chiellini"
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sun 23 Jun 2013, 13:10

Dante wrote:
M99 wrote:Dafuq u Juve fans...

"When the sun rises in the west and sets in the east , when Liverpool finishes first in the Premier League and Arsenal wins a final , when Zanetti plays his last game and Torres wins the golden boot , only then and not before Juventus101 will admit Thiago Silva is better than Chiellini"

rofl rofl rofl

Although Torres did win the Golden Boot at the Euros iirc hmm
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next